LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, my thoughts of Mickey being alive went down considerably when her bike was found (and where.) I just don't think there would have been a great need to get rid of her bike if the person was taking her someplace secure to "hold" her. And I do not believe that someone else came along and stole the bike in the meantime and then dumped it when the heat was on. But that is just my opinion, of course.

With the amount of bikes that were reported missing on just the Bike Laffyette FB page in the month of May alone, makes me feel differently. I think when she was grabbed, they left the bike there, and took Mickey. I think someone later came upon the bike, and thought it was their lucky day, given the fancy bike that it is. Then when the bike was shown on TV, and described to the public by the police and the FMN Media Team, the person that happened upon the bike realized that they had evidence, and needed to get rid of it ASAP. I think, had the person that took Mickey, dumped the bike on the night of her disappearance ,that the bike would have been found much sooner. WB seems like a pretty popular fishing spot from what I have read, and I think that someone would have spotted the bike sooner, given the traffic that WB sees as a fishing spot and a boat launch.
Just my opinion, of course.

Praying for Mickey.

He absolutely without a doubt does feel that the 2 trucks are different. He has been in the car dealership business for 15 years as an owner, and sold cars for his parents dealership for many years prior to that.

He knows that I have been following this case, and reading here every night, until I can no longer hold my eyes open. And we also pray for Mickey together as a Family, every time we pray.

When I showed him the images, all I said was help me to know what year, make and model this truck is. He asked "These 2 pictures?" I said, "yes". He said, "that is 2 different trucks." And here is what he said:

I do not know what technical direction (N S E W) that the trucks are traveling so I will use, facing right / left in what he says.

He says they are 2 different trucks because:

The truck facing right:
1.) Has a tailgate installed.
2.) Has aluminum wheels.
3.) Has a reflective sticker on the rear end side of the bed (could possibly be a Z-71 sticker or a 4X4 sticker).
4.) Has a higher lift (suspension) to it. (Probably making it a Z-71 or 4X4)
He says that this truck is a year model 2008 or newer (identifiable by the shape of the cab), has a split grill (factory), and is identifiable as a Chevrolet because he sees the bow tie logo on the front.

The truck facing left:
1.) Has no tailgate installed.
2.) Has 20" chrome polished wheels. (different design than the wheels on the truck facing right).
3.) Does not have a Z-71 package, or a 4x4 package because of the height of the suspension.

He says that this is a year 2008 or newer model GMC or Chevrolet (identifiable by the shape of the cab), that it has an aftermarket billet aluminum gas cap cover, that can be purchased at O'Reillys or Autozone.

We sure hope this helps!

Praying for Mickey!

Ok. THanks for this info. But can someone tell me if the police said that we are still to look for the one facing right or left. Right, correct? Also, the police thought they were the same, but if they are different then we need to look for both. My head SPINS when I think about the he said she saids of this truck. I just want someone to tell me what to look for. I'm so confused.

He absolutely without a doubt does feel that the 2 trucks are different. He has been in the car dealership business for 15 years as an owner, and sold cars for his parents dealership for many years prior to that.

He knows that I have been following this case, and reading here every night, until I can no longer hold my eyes open. And we also pray for Mickey together as a Family, every time we pray.

When I showed him the images, all I said was help me to know what year, make and model this truck is. He asked "These 2 pictures?" I said, "yes". He said, "that is 2 different trucks." And here is what he said:

I do not know what technical direction (N S E W) that the trucks are traveling so I will use, facing right / left in what he says.

He says they are 2 different trucks because:

The truck facing right:
1.) Has a tailgate installed.
2.) Has aluminum wheels.
3.) Has a reflective sticker on the rear end side of the bed (could possibly be a Z-71 sticker or a 4X4 sticker).
4.) Has a higher lift (suspension) to it. (Probably making it a Z-71 or 4X4)
He says that this truck is a year model 2008 or newer (identifiable by the shape of the cab), has a split grill (factory), and is identifiable as a Chevrolet because he sees the bow tie logo on the front.

The truck facing left:
1.) Has no tailgate installed.
2.) Has 20" chrome polished wheels. (different design than the wheels on the truck facing right).
3.) Does not have a Z-71 package, or a 4x4 package because of the height of the suspension.

He says that this is a year 2008 or newer model GMC or Chevrolet (identifiable by the shape of the cab), that it has an aftermarket billet aluminum gas cap cover, that can be purchased at O'Reillys or Autozone.

We sure hope this helps!

Praying for Mickey!

Just curious does anyone know if there is a program out there where you can design you truck? If so maybe someone can design one with the items listed above.

I can see that something appears to be in the bed of the truck. But it looks like a moving box on the hood and that seems odd. What is missing though are the black door handles and the chrome like step thing that runs along the bottom of he truck. Do you see either of those in the video?

No it is very plain

With the amount of bikes that were reported missing on just the Bike Laffyette FB page in the month of May alone, makes me feel differently. I think when she was grabbed, they left the bike there, and took Mickey. I think someone later came upon the bike, and thought it was their lucky day, given the fancy bike that it is. Then when the bike was shown on TV, and described to the public by the police and the FMN Media Team, the person that happened upon the bike realized that they had evidence, and needed to get rid of it ASAP. I think, had the person that took Mickey, dumped the bike on the night of her disappearance ,that the bike would have been found much sooner. WB seems like a pretty popular fishing spot from what I have read, and I think that someone would have spotted the bike sooner, given the traffic that WB sees as a fishing spot and a boat launch.
Just my opinion, of course.

Praying for Mickey.

Anything is possible...but to me, it is just too many things to have had to occur...seems like that road was fairly busy even at that hour...also the lack of evidence could still point to Mickey for some reason accepting a ride with her bike.

I just hope we someday know what happened...I can't imagine her family not ever knowing, like so many other families...

Im no longer working on the case as per the families wishes. So any information should go to LPD or Abdella

This saddens me, as I have personally watched you invest hours upon hours here on WS alone. Who knows how many hours you have invested on this case out there in the streets of Laffyette. I hope and pray that this will not deter you from continuing to piece tidbits of thoughts and ideas that we have here, and that you have personally obtained outside of WS. I personally feel you have been a huge asset here! Keep your chin up!

Praying for Mickey

No it is very plain

Is this legit? You have possession of this video and nonchalantly post it, when a girl is missing... I'm a little confused here????? No urgency, won't answer any questions.

I think what happens at the beginning is that there is alot of hope, various ideas, TES comes in with alot of valuable tools and knowledge, and of course alot of hope that this will turn out well and the person is found quickly.

Then comes the frustration part. Where we have been for a few weeks now. Like bessie suggested with the timeline we have to go back to the beginning, as expectations may be a bit different now. Revisiting some of this may at least pass the time and you never know maybe someone will suggest something.

I will state that there is alot of activity in New Orleans. Whether that is pertaining to Mickey I don't know.

I wouldn't look too much into the activity in NOLA having anything to do with this case. There is ALWAYS A LOT of activity in NOLA. With 2 years olds getting shot in the face, armed robberies daily. It is not a safe city.

The white truck has been about the only thing I have concentrated on because it's all I feel I have to work with being so far away. Really wish I were in the area. I would be out wading through the swamps and invading people's private land looking.

The other day I spotted a white truck with Georgia plates pulling out of a local Chevy dealership with a service tag on the mirror. I followed it to a Red Robin and took a bunch of pics. People were staring a me. I stare down every white similar truck with out of state plates. I am obsessed! I just feel like it's very significant in some way.

Been trying to read between the lines and keep to the things that stand out to me like the chief stating that "we know she got at least as far as St. Landry" and the statement about he rim being bent and the tire badly damaged. The grips being on or in the area of the bike.

I get what could bend the rim. Trying to figure out why the tire would be badly damaged. I don't know enough about bike's to know what could cause serious damage to a tire.

I wouldn't look too much into the activity in NOLA having anything to do with this case. There is ALWAYS A LOT of activity in NOLA. With 2 years olds getting shot in the face, armed robberies daily. It is not a safe city.

I agree...and if TES is there, there could be a lot of reasons...they may be raising funds, or training volunteers...there is nothing about a current search on their site and they usually keep it updated...JMO

Just curious does anyone know if there is a program out there where you can design you truck? If so maybe someone can design one with the items listed above.

Although we do not have a photo editing software to build car/truck packages, my husband was already looking for a picture to show what the truck would look like in person, and not snipped from a video.
This is what the truck traveling right looks like. (The Z-71 or 4X4)

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/prayersforthemissing/2008z71.jpg

Although we do not have a photo editing software to build car/truck packages, my husband was already looking for a picture to show what the truck would look like in person, and not snipped from a video.
This is what the truck traveling right looks like. (The Z-71 or 4X4)

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/prayersforthemissing/2008z71.jpg

that definitely looks like it. is it just me or do y'all see more 4x4s than z71s? i guess LE saw the z71 sticker on video??

My opinions only, no facts here:

It is often stated that the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K (the one going the opposite direction from Mickey) has no logo. If this is an official finding, I cannot disagree with it. But is is far from clear that this logo is missing in the 2nd white truck image. Not only is there a smudgy design in the proper location; it has reddish overtones when existing colors are deepened. See the thumbnail.

Attachments

• MickeyShunick_Z71_logo.jpg
    MickeyShunick_Z71_logo.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 74
Is this legit? You have possession of this video and nonchalantly post it, when a girl is missing... I'm a little confused here????? No urgency, won't answer any questions.

What date, what time, what is the location of the video? How did it come into play after a month??

I cannot understand why mia won't give any confirmation on this 'new' video.

that definitely looks like it. is it just me or do y'all see more 4x4s than z71s? i guess LE saw the z71 sticker on video??

The only (factory) difference in a Z-71 and a Chevrolet Silverado (4X4) is skid plates and shocks. Of course the Z-71 package is more expensive, and is highly sought after in our market here in west Texas where I live. But we are in the middle of the oil patch, and these oil guys often drive down some really rough roads. We sell a lot of Z-71's when we can find them. But we also sell a lot of 4X4's in all brands. There are a lot of white trucks on the road. My husband gripes about this often, as that is what is mostly available for us to buy wholesale. The big oil companies buy these trucks in large quantities as lease vehicles and company vehicles. That is why there are so many white ones out there.

The white truck discussion has made my head spin. It is like a game of who's on 1st base, with there being 2 pictures in this case.

My opinions only, no facts here:

It is often stated that the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K (the one going the opposite direction from Mickey) has no logo. If this is an official finding, I cannot disagree with it. But is is far from clear that this logo is missing in the 2nd white truck image. Not only is there a smudgy design in the proper location; it has reddish overtones when existing colors are deepened. See the thumbnail.

Help me out here, I'm no tech expert. Aren't these videos black and white and if so, how do you get "reddish" overtones from something that's black and white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx