LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

It is often stated that the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K (the one going the opposite direction from Mickey) has no logo. If this is an official finding, I cannot disagree with it. But is is far from clear that this logo is missing in the 2nd white truck image. Not only is there a smudgy design in the proper location; it has reddish overtones when existing colors are deepened. See the thumbnail.

If there were a Z-71 sticker on that truck, It would be much larger than what you are indicating in your enlargements, and it would also be at a lower level than the place you have indicated.

Please see the sticker location in this picture:
2008z71.jpg

I have to say... I find it very interesting the family asked ACI to step away from this case.

It's known that the family reads this website, so they had to have read that several people were unable to get through to the PI on multiple occasions (this is NOT bashing, just stating a fact). Knowing that the family reads this site, they can see how much time and effort ACI poured into finding Mickey, and most of it was on his own dime. Sooooo I just have to wonder WHY they would refuse help from somebody qualified and dedicated, especially when the family PI has been unreachable (again, that's a fact and not a dig). This does not add up to me. Not at all.

Not pointing the finger here or at this post but the discussion needs to go back to Mickey and not what PI the family has decided to use or why. Thanks to all for your understanding.

Not pointing the finger here or at this post but the discussion needs to go back to Mickey and not what PI the family has decided to use or why. Thanks to all for your understanding.

The situation hasn't changed. The PI discussion is over. We aren't helping Mickey this way.

Sorry mods I think we are all just frustrated and want Mickey home. We have all put in so much time with Mickey, stopped our own lives and we just want to make sure everything possible thing is done in returning her home. Again another frustrating question to add to the list to this bizzarre case. Anyway end of that discussion.

You guys can discuss information about the case that ACI has shared. Please don't ignore all the time and effort spent on that part of it. It's just the part about ACI not working the case anymore and the reasons behind it. We're not here to debate the issue between the two PIs and the family. It will just divide us and distract from looking for clues to help find Mickey. And let's hope ACI comes in and brainstorms with us again.

Keep it all about Mickey. That's all.

Yes fingers cross ACI returns and brings fresh eyes and ideas and possible leads. I keep praying that all this silence is leading to the finding of Mickey fingers and toes crossed.

Help me out here, I'm no tech expert. Aren't these videos black and white and if so, how do you get "reddish" overtones from something that's black and white?

If you look at the white truck pics you will see that the grass is green and there is a blue car at the gas pump. The colors are subdued because it is night. In this situation, you can use a method called "saturation" to make the colors a tad better. With increased saturation, there are red overtones in the possible logo area of the 2nd white truck. Of course, such subtle red colors could merely be an effect from the truck's taillight.

But this raises an imponderable- why are surveillance cameras so pitiful? I bet the 10 dollar camera on my computer would outperform half the security cams in the country. In this day and age there is no reason why we should not be able to see the license numbers of passing vehicles on the video footage and clear faces of drivers.

If there were a Z-71 sticker on that truck, It would be much larger than what you are indicating in your enlargements, and it would also be at a lower level than the place you have indicated.

2008z71.jpg

You are not accounting for the distortion in the Circle-K truck pics. I have overlain the logo (from stock photos of similar models) to scale on the 2nd white truck pic and it fits, both in position and size, to within the bounds of error in the image. Both images are significantly more distorted than is apparent at a glance.

Not that I am saying that this IS a Z71 logo, though. But it could be. And I respect that many say the 2nd white truck is not a Z71 at all.

2008z71.jpg

That is exactly where the sticker is on the truck going in the same direction as Mickey.

That is exactly where the sticker is on the truck going in the same direction as Mickey.

:dunno: I always thought it was the same truck in both directions! guess not!!!
Unless LE only interviewed 2 drivers because there were never 3 trucks? :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Soo there isn't anyone else to come forward and NO reason to alert the public now...

nuthin else makes sense!

moo

I am still not convinced that LE told the media recently (as per the article yesterday) that they are still looking for the white truck/driver. The way the media reports so casually and non-specifically, they could have just been printing what they thought was true, without actually verifying. Otherwise, I cannot comprehend why Mickey's family is not showing photos and/or talking about the truck on their FB pages and other SM.

Unless LE only interviewed 2 drivers because there were never 3 trucks? :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Soo there isn't anyone else to come forward and NO reason to alert the public now...

nuthin else makes sense!

moo

Your post reminded me of something. As far as we understand, LE does not know who is driving the 1st white truck OR the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K. With all of the publicity, what are the odds of two different drivers (maybe five minutes apart) near the crime scene, driving very similar white trucks, neither of whom can be identified?

I want to add the disclaimer that there is no proof that either of the white trucks is involved with Mickey's disappearance.

Your post reminded me of something. As far as we understand, LE does not know who is driving the 1st white truck OR the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K. With all of the publicity, what are the odds of two different drivers (maybe five minutes apart) near the crime scene, driving very similar white trucks, neither of whom can be identified?

I want to add the disclaimer that there is no proof that either of the white trucks is involved with Mickey's disappearance.

:dunno: LE seems to have dropped the DWT! I'm just not feeling like it is significant at all anymore.

UNLESS the driver did see something, did come forward and we are not privy to that info!:waitasec:
Because the driver/witness is now being protected?:shutup:

This is the first missing person case that I have followed closely. I wonder if other cases have so many things that make you go hummmm
ie:

tool shop fire/stolen truck parts
bike dump--ruse, taunt or just a dump spot
little understanding of the details of the truck le wants help locating
weeks of no new news.
strange graffiti near one of the last places she was seen
bw's bike being stolen/found

I am sure I left things out.
To me, these things make me go hummm.

If I look at the case of Brittney Wood who is missig there are lots of things that make me say humm, but in a different way. These things are mostly related to the arrests.

It is often stated that the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K (the one going the opposite direction from Mickey) has no logo. If this is an official finding, I cannot disagree with it. But is is far from clear that this logo is missing in the 2nd white truck image. Not only is there a smudgy design in the proper location; it has reddish overtones when existing colors are deepened. See the thumbnail.

I found a close up picture to explain what I was trying to earlier. Where you are seeing a Z-71 sticker, is just too close to the top of the bed, and too far back for me to agree that there might be one there, unless, just maybe they added an after market decal to the truck on their own. But that still does not sit right with me, because of the lower suspension.

z71sticker2copy.jpg

This is a picture of a Z-71 bed with a sticker. (wrong side of the truck, I know) Hopefully you will see where I am coming from. The area that you have enlarged,in your diagram, is where the body of the truck bed, starts to bow out around the wheel well. Not an ideal place for a sticker, IMO. I have highlighted the bowed out area for the wheel well in blue for you. Sorry if I can't explain it correctly, we might have to agree to disagree.. LOL

This is the first missing person case that I have followed closely. I wonder if other cases have so many things that make you go hummmm
ie:

tool shop fire/stolen truck parts
bike dump--ruse, taunt or just a dump spot
little understanding of the details of the truck le wants help locating
weeks of no new news.
strange graffiti near one of the last places she was seen
bw's bike being stolen/found

I am sure I left things out.
To me, these things make me go hummm.

If I look at the case of Brittney Wood who is missig there are lots of things that make me say humm, but in a different way. These things are mostly related to the arrests.

It isn't just this case...many of the other cases have weird things as well. Holly's case is packed full of them, starting and ending mostly with the strange story from her brother, the eyewitness to her being "led away", or as originally reported "dragged"...then it became "walking alongside", etc...Katelyn's case has her last known action as sending a photo of a photo of herself to her boyfriend and discussing the burning of personal papers...

All in all, Mickie's case is less strange than some others; she was out at a time of night that could make one a victim, without the protection of a car around her. Easy prey, one might say, whereas Katelyn was last known to be safely inside her home, Holly was in her own yard at 7:30AM just heading to school.

I try not to read too much into the background of Mickie's case, while not dismissing things entirely, only because she was, IMO, more likely to become a possible victim that night than some of the others who have gone missing in the past.

JMO

:dunno: LE seems to have dropped the DWT! I'm just not feeling like it is significant at all anymore.

UNLESS the driver did see something, did come forward and we are not privy to that info!:waitasec:
Because the driver/witness is now being protected?:shutup:
bolded by me for pertinence

Well...I for one, would like to know for sure! Maybe the local MSM person who wrote the recent update about LPD still seeking the driver of the Chevrolet Z-71 Truck could confirm if this info was obtained currently from LE?

On another note...when I looked at the WT (that is sitting at the intersection across from the Circle K) with a magnifying glass, I saw a dark colored dog in the bed of the truck with short, turned over ear tips (I kid you not), and I could swear I saw a head with longish light blonde hair against the back right window so the face would be facing toward the Circle K, maybe it's just what I want to see but I studied that truck intensely and those two items popped out at me very clearly after awhile!

I :moo:

nuthin else makes sense!

moo

I do hope they say something soon. The white truck debacle seems to consume us. I used to sit back and watch all of the posts about it, and scratch my head. It is so confusing. It is like a case of a dog chasing its tail. Or the who's on 1st base scenario. I swore to myself a month ago that I would never jump in the white truck discussion. And then tonight it was really slow, and well, I jumped into it!! LOL. The things I get myself into! I would give my right arm to help get Mickey back home with the people she loves!

Praying for Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member