LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACI, I was so bummed to hear that you are off the case. You have really impressed me, from what
I have gathered you have some
Amazing theories/insights to
The MS case. Mad Kuddos to you!

This is absolutely incorrect. Mickey was abducted by person or persons unknown. She will return when they either release her or make a slip that leads either the police or John Abdella to her whearabouts.
Nancy, very distraught mother of Mickey

In the interest of getting away from the quicksand of the DWT, lets look at a couple of things Mickey's mother has said.....
1) when the bike was found, she said that there had been and accident, which leads us to think the damage on the bike appears to have been caused by a vehicle hitting it.
2) Mickey was abducted (see above)

Why would someone abduct her and who might that person be? Does LE, Abdalla and the family have information that leads them to believe that? Could that be why searches, pressers have been called off?

:dunno: I always thought it was the same truck in both directions! guess not!!!
Unless LE only interviewed 2 drivers because there were never 3 trucks? :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Soo there isn't anyone else to come forward and NO reason to alert the public now...

nuthin else makes sense!

moo

I still feel that it's the same truck. For one, when I originally heard about Mickey, it was either stated or implied that they were the same truck and i haven't heard any statement to contradict it. It may not be but unless LE states otherwise, I will continue to believe it is. I feel that it is too much of a coincidence that there would happen to be two almost identical trucks pass by within minutes of each other.

Looks like the same truck but the tailgate is down when it passes back through at 1:51. And, I know I may live to regret saying this but I almost think it looks like Mickey with her backpack sitting on the tailgate. But...it looks like other things too.

I'm into private investigating, I think it's such a mysterious yet intriguing job. I, myself have done some private investigating in the past, but on a personal level. I'm adopted and found both of my birth parents on my own, no names, just city, state and the day I was born.

I found a close up picture to explain what I was trying to earlier. Where you are seeing a Z-71 sticker, is just too close to the top of the bed, and too far back for me to agree that there might be one there, unless, just maybe they added an after market decal to the truck on their own. But that still does not sit right with me, because of the lower suspension.

z71sticker2copy.jpg

This is a picture of a Z-71 bed with a sticker. (wrong side of the truck, I know) Hopefully you will see where I am coming from. The area that you have enlarged,in your diagram, is where the body of the truck bed, starts to bow out around the wheel well. Not an ideal place for a sticker, IMO. I have highlighted the bowed out area for the wheel well in blue for you. Sorry if I can't explain it correctly, we might have to agree to disagree.. LOL

I can see the z71 sticker as the truck follows behind Mickey and it is exactly where you show it to be. I had to really clarify the pic to see it. When the truck passes the other way, there is far too much shadow to see it. I cannot state if it is or isn't there.

I'm into private investigating, I think it's such a mysterious yet intriguing job. I, myself have done some private investigating in the past, but on a personal level. I'm adopted and found both of my birth parents on my own, no names, just city, state and the day I was born.

:detective: <----- this is you ;)

Thats impressive work. Many P.I's get started that very same way (finding their own birth parents, investigating their spouse etc) If it's something you're interested in, pursue it.

Bump this one too. But I don't think the pic follows but, at lease you can find it on this long thread...

In the interest of getting away from the quicksand of the DWT, lets look at a couple of things Mickey's mother has said.....
1) when the bike was found, she said that there had been and accident, which leads us to think the damage on the bike appears to have been caused by a vehicle hitting it.

Why would someone abduct her and who might that person be? Does LE, Abdalla and the family have information that leads them to believe that? Could that be why searches, pressers have been called off?

From
Accident to abduction ..... I don't get it either.

:detective: <----- this is you ;)

Thats impressive work. Many P.I's get started that very same way (finding their own birth parents, investigating their spouse etc) If it's something you're interested in, pursue it.

Thanks ACI, I'm really into detective work, forensics, and private investigating but I'm not sure as to how to go about getting the credentials?!?!

I agree. I posted the same early this morning. I wonder if they were contacted by the abductors. I also think this is why on the facebook page they mentioned outside help may put Mickey in "danger". They later took that post down and changed it.

Ok I've been lurking here and finally decided to join in. I've been up with my baby and now that she is asleep, I am wide awoke! With that said, here is my first post... Has anyone discussed the possibility that Mickey's abductor has contacted the family or le? It might explain the sudden silence on this case. It might also explain why the foot searches were called off and why on the Facebook page they mentioned outside help might put Mickey in "danger". Those were the words used in the original post, which was later taken down and revised. If this is the case, the abductor may be taunting them or has called in for a ransom. Am I just sleep deprived or does that sound like a valid possibility?

I have always thought someone hit her by accident and didn't want to go to jail so they grabbed her and the bike. Doesn't mean they are a killer. I have hoped and prayed that they have her in some swamp cabin recovering and will release her when she has recovered. In this instance, being found out could lead to them taking more drastic measures.

Unlikely scenario I know but at least it could have a happy ending.

Ok I've been lurking here and finally decided to join in. I've been up with my baby and now that she is asleep, I am wide awoke! With that said, here is my first post... Has anyone discussed the possibility that Mickey's abductor has contacted the family or le? It might explain the sudden silence on this case. It might also explain why the foot searches were called off and why on the Facebook page they mentioned outside help might put Mickey in "danger". Those were the words used in the original post, which was later taken down and revised. If this is the case, the abductor may be taunting them or has called in for a ransom. Am I just sleep deprived or does that sound like a valid possibility?

:welcome:

Thanks ACI, I'm really into detective work, forensics, and private investigating but I'm not sure as to how to go about getting the credentials?!?!

It differs for every state. Im guessing by your avatar that you're from Nola, so you can look up all the info on the state board website lsbpie.com
The first step is finding a licensed agency willing to take you on as an apprentice. Then you take courses, tests, and a myriad of other requirements. The website has all the exact details on what you need to do.

I think LE should be the only ones to comment on what they have and don't have, what they think is important and not important.

Great idea Miabella.. "Tell that to the families of the 100,000+ missing persons unaccounted for in the USA; The members of the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal of the Silent Epidemic"..

Silence by LE via the MSM/Internet, only causes innocent victims lives lost and mounting cold cases. There is over 500(actual number unknown)missing persons open & closed investigations of missing persons in Louisiana alone. These numbers are very conservative, imo...

Thanks ACI, I will definitely check it out! Yes I'm in the NOLA area but born and raised in Lafayette La! :)

Target on Siegen told me no, they wouldn't post it in the store but would post it in their employee break room. Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall said no as well (and no offer to put it in break room).....

Thank you for that. Thats something to remember down the road.

I can see the z71 sticker as the truck follows behind Mickey and it is exactly where you show it to be. I had to really clarify the pic to see it. When the truck passes the other way, there is far too much shadow to see it. I cannot state if it is or isn't there.

I have seen many White Z71'sin our area,has the Z71 4x4on one side. I have even gotten out of my car to inspect where the stickers are, some have it on one side and some on both. While I was inspecting, I did look into them, and waited for the drivers to come out so I could get a look at them. Which to me everyone looks suspect. In fact I saw 3 in the parking lot at my sons recruiters office, and the bank in front of it. It is like having Snow Blindness.:maddening:
Adding that is MOO
And not these particular People, just ingeneral everyone. LOL

ACI, are you in posession of information that the family or LE has asked you not to share? I'm not asking what the information is, just if that is the case.

Im respecting their wishes. As an investigator I have the right to investigate any case I choose and be retained by anyone who wishes to do so. So no, I cant be made to stop. Im no longer working on the case or accepting information/tips because I want to respect their request.

Says alot about your integrity and character A.C.I.

Just curious how many other PIs would have worked the case for almost a month pro bono, while neglecting their other commitments & obligations out of the goodness of their hearts.. My guess, not many..

Maybe the damage to the bike was not done by being hit by a vehicle but by a truck passing by closely and the passenger door being popped open on her and the bike causing damage, the door corner popping the tire and Mickey crashing?
Or could the damage have been caused by jamming the bike into a car trunk and slamming the lid closed?

I came to this site hopeful but I now see all
this as wasted energy. There is nothing to go on here, we are just like rats in a cage running on the wheel non-stop and getting nowhere. We are just guessing at things and the people who know anything- the PI, family and LE are not telling us anything at all. It seems to me they think we are all
In the way and they don't want anything but our ideas and our tips. That's all we are good for. And I am even beginning to question if they even want that at all.
Maybe this whole thing is a scam after all. Makes you wonder when people
are told to stop searching and investigating if there is something no-one wants found out.

I read a story last night about a guy that was just riding along and someone opened their door to hit him. His was a hit and run. Apparently it happens. Not sure it would account for tire damage.

It seems to me that only fire and sharp objects could damage a tire. Whether that be sharp objects on a roadway or those used by someone intentionally. A bike dragged by a car car could have bad tire damage I suppose.

Personally, I have complete faith in LE. I have known so many LEO's very closely over the years and they think of their own wives and daughters in cases like this. If they aren't communicating then there is a reason why. I think they will have something to say soon.

Not sure this is any improvement. Looks like there is a box on the hood? Did you see a box in the video? For the most part it does not look the same to me but there are some similarities.

Apology again if its been covered.

Notice the size of the rear window. Its much smaller than the front. Not a Z71 or 4 door Chevrolet of the newest body style. Its very hard to tell from that picture but it also appears to be a dooley. Wheels are black also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3