LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I posted the same early this morning. I wonder if they were contacted by the abductors. I also think this is why on the facebook page they mentioned outside help may put Mickey in "danger". They later took that post down and changed it.

If that is the case, which it may be, then maybe they should stop advertising that they need help, and stop asking for leads and tips, and not advertise the reward money anymore, becuase other people may inadvertently stumble upon something that May jeoporadize the situation. Everyone wants to help, but the family may need to be clearer about what they need. And, of course the needs change as time goes by and information comes in.

If they aren't communicating then there is a reason why. I think they will have something to say soon.

I believe this too. Everyone involved has clamped shut. Hopefully the end of all this is near. On another note, my best guess as to why they don't want more than one PI is too many chiefs and not enough indians. Best case would be that ACI works under Abdella. Maybe Abdella has a team under him already. I don't know.

With the amount of bikes that were reported missing on just the Bike Laffyette FB page in the month of May alone, makes me feel differently. I think when she was grabbed, they left the bike there, and took Mickey. I think someone later came upon the bike, and thought it was their lucky day, given the fancy bike that it is. Then when the bike was shown on TV, and described to the public by the police and the FMN Media Team, the person that happened upon the bike realized that they had evidence, and needed to get rid of it ASAP. I think, had the person that took Mickey, dumped the bike on the night of her disappearance ,that the bike would have been found much sooner. WB seems like a pretty popular fishing spot from what I have read, and I think that someone would have spotted the bike sooner, given the traffic that WB sees as a fishing spot and a boat launch.
Just my opinion, of course.

Praying for Mickey.

Two things,

1. If someone picked up Mickey's bike thinking it was their lucky day, and then figured out it was a HOT bike, they would not have gone all the way to WB to dump it.
That's 27 miles. Why do that? The fact that it was dumped there makes me feel this is a more sinister crime. A person who grabbed it cause it was nice would have not gone that far out of their way.

2. NO one and I mean NO one who steals a bike usually returns it, or dumps it anywhere. Especially a nice one like this. If my bike ever goes missing, it's insured. It cost me a lot of money, and anyone who would take it would plainly see that. If they were unaware of MS, they would have attempted to craigslist it.

JMO

LA

i don't think miabella's truck is the same. She should turn it into LE though, especially if it was filmed on a reasonable route to I10 in the correct time frame.

There's some very odd situations going on here. Charley came to town and Mickey and her went to a party Thursday night. Mickey called her late Friday saying she wanted to party with her that night. However Charley was in Baton Rouge. The two sisters didn't communicate between Thursday night & Friday that one of them was going out of town? When I visit my family my siblings know if I am going somewhere an hour away.
Charley said she was drinking or something so didn't come to town.... And in a conversation with BW when MS didn't show up she asked him if he thought she was at the bar drinking or something....What is "something?" Playing online? Drugs? Sex? Movies?

In the very early searches people were told to look for a pipe Mickey had. Maybe she wanted something Charley could get for her but since Charley wasn't coming to town she decided to go get it herself? Pot? Crack?

I have not heard about the pipe. An opinion but I cannot imagine her or her group as being involved with crack or meth.

I use the word 'something' at the end of a question a lot. To me, if I had made that statement... Is she at the bar drinking or something? The something really has no meaning. The same as how people use the word 'like' all the time.

Where did she get the video? I asked but I don't think she replied...anyone else know by any chance?

Where did she get the video? I asked but I don't think she replied...anyone else know by any chance?
she simply states it comes from a camera miles north from the circle k. She won't specifically state which street or building. She won't state if she's handed it over to LE. It doesn't look like the DWT anyway. This video could be from anywhere and anytime. It's so grainy it's almost useless. the whole thing has about 100 pixels in it. I suggest we move on.

she simply states it comes from a camera miles north from the circle k. She won't specifically state which street or building. She won't state if she's handed it over to LE. It doesn't look like the DWT anyway. I suggest we move on.

Oh ok, thanks! Moving on sounds good.

:moo:
Apology again if its been covered.

Notice the size of the rear window. Its much smaller than the front. Not a Z71 or 4 door Chevrolet of the newest body style. Its very hard to tell from that picture but it also appears to be a dooley. Wheels are black also.

Which truck are you referring to here? Mine? I was told by one person that mine is a Chevrolet Silverado, but does that mean it is or is not a Z71?

Within three miles and within the targeted time frame and heading north. There are a lot of white trucks in this town. Even on this board there is a debate that the one facing left and the one faciing right may not be the same truck but, they have a lot in common. I think those are different trucks and I think the one
I have has similar qualities to the one facing right.

The truck you captured looks a lot like the truck with the bed cover. Only the bed cover would be missing. That could be very significant. It does have similarities to the other truck but is missing the black or chrome door handles and the step rail thing.

If you haven't turned it over to LE you should. They have identified the truck with the bed cover but maybe this would make them second guess that information.

This is the first missing person case that I have followed closely. I wonder if other cases have so many things that make you go hummmm
ie:

tool shop fire/stolen truck parts
bike dump--ruse, taunt or just a dump spot
little understanding of the details of the truck le wants help locating
weeks of no new news.
strange graffiti near one of the last places she was seen
bw's bike being stolen/found

I am sure I left things out.
To me, these things make me go hummm.

If I look at the case of Brittney Wood who is missig there are lots of things that make me say humm, but in a different way. These things are mostly related to the arrests.

BW's bike seriously makes me go hmm. Who steals and "returns" a fancy, expensive bike like that? Not attempting to sleuth him, just think it was a clue of sorts.

LA

The truck you captured looks a lot like the truck with the bed cover. Only the bed cover would be missing. That could be very significant. It does have similarities to the other truck but is missing the black or chrome door handles and the step rail thing.

If you haven't turned it over to LE you should. They have identified the truck with the bed cover but maybe this would make them second guess that information.

the truck in the city hall pic facin right, away from University has something in the bed of it, and so does mine. The shapes and placement look very similar. I don't think it's a tool bx, more like something leaning on the wall of the truck bed in each picture. Could you give me your thought on that.

Foxfire,

From your expertise and knowledge in missing persons cases, do you think it possible that Mickey could have been taken out of the country?

I know that there are some cases dragging on for decades where this has been seriously questioned, because although the abductions were local, there were visitors to local areas that had international ties.

I have seen many White Z71'sin our area,has the Z71 4x4on one side. I have even gotten out of my car to inspect where the stickers are, some have it on one side and some on both. While I was inspecting, I did look into them, and waited for the drivers to come out so I could get a look at them. Which to me everyone looks suspect. In fact I saw 3 in the parking lot at my sons recruiters office, and the bank in front of it. It is like having Snow Blindness.:maddening:
Adding that is MOO
And not these particular People, just ingeneral everyone. LOL

I agree...in my area there are many that only have the decal on one side. I never really realized how many trucks are on the road these days.

The area I am in now had some recent storm damage and there are white trucks everywhere. There is a motel in this area that has a lot filled with the exact same white Silverado with license plates from every state. I guess they have traveled here to repair roofs and siding due to the storm.

Looks like there might be a search in progress at Whiskey Bay.. Look at the trafficland camera for Whiskey Bay East. Unless it's just fishermen on a Saturday morning..

Apology again if its been covered.

Notice the size of the rear window. Its much smaller than the front. Not a Z71 or 4 door Chevrolet of the newest body style. Its very hard to tell from that picture but it also appears to be a dooley. Wheels are black also.

I agree. A while back when I was researching white trucks online I remember the trucks with this smaller square window but cannot recall which make and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen