LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear all of that. Most of the black/hispanic graffiti artist stuff i've seen since the 70s seems to want to be it's own unique font style, and you have to look at it for a really really long time to understand what it says.. I guess I mean if your not well familiar with it. I'm thinking gang grafitti has a cypher quality. They also seem to go for 'epic', big, easy to see, by the train track, up on the building in the spider-man place. The pacman thing is def suspicious, but is it real, or is it a false trail?

Agreed, a Tagging Artist didn't draw that graffiti IMO, and I have the same question. Also, while LE asked everyone to look on video surveillance for Mickey, I think it would be equally important for everyone to have been asked for footage of the Hooptie and the WT if they had any. While they needed to know where Mickey turned or how far she got towards home. I think it is equally as important to know where those vehicles turned and where they went past the LCG building. Even the "cleared" ones. Many SK's passed home and vehicle searches, lie detector tests and various other interrogations and killed many more people before being caught. Nobody should be off their radar.

I once read that women walk a bike holding both grips and men one. I seriously do not know how true this is, so I guess we will take a survey.

If that's the case, and both were indeed removed, it's a woman.

I walk holding on to one handlebar, and I am a girl.

what about you?

both grips

Someone here mentioned earlier about NOLA. I think I'd be willing to add that as a possible scenario, based on info someone here referenced as having been seen on MS's FB page early on in the case.

Can you elaborate? or provide a link?

Can't find the exact post, but someone here alluded to the idea that perhaps she was meeting some new friends she'd met when exploring the move-to-NOLA option, and perhaps she went with them...under a false sense of security. Sorry, can't find the OP...someone else can feel free to reply to this and link to it, if they can find it. But that's the gist of it.

Ok so first, I apologize if this post is annoying since it is about the stupid white truck.

From the beginning, for whatever reason, I thought the truck was a Ford. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures and I kept getting so angry when everyone was saying that it is a GMC/Chevy.

HOWEVER, I visited my dad this weekend. He is a car guy...used to own a body shop, rebuilds vintage cars for fun, etc. In particular, he is a chevy guy. Our family literally exclusively drives Chevy vehicles (it's slightly annoying). My father, naturally, owns a white Chevy Z71. So I asked him to look at the pictures of the white trucks. The first thing he said about the DWT is that it looks like it has a tool kit in the back. I cannot see that at all but I totally trust his judgement. He also said it looks like it is a 2008 or newer.

I realize that this is probably not even helpful at this point, but I just wanted to share. I may ask him to look at the pictures some more and ask him more questions about the condition the truck may be in if it actually hit her bike (he works for a car insurance company...and realizing as I'm typing this that I probably should have been asking him these questions from the beginning!).

Also, quick question....do y'all think that there will come a point in this case where LE will release all of the video footage of the truck in question? I just cannot understand why they haven't done that yet. Seems like it would be helpful...but I also don't follow missing persons cases the way many of you do.

If I were Fonzie I would give you a thumbs up and a Aaaaaaaaa. Since I'm not, I say good call. Only thing I would change is that it could be an 07 and up as I own one just like it except for color.

Ok so first, I apologize if this post is annoying since it is about the stupid white truck.

From the beginning, for whatever reason, I thought the truck was a Ford. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures and I kept getting so angry when everyone was saying that it is a GMC/Chevy.

HOWEVER, I visited my dad this weekend. He is a car guy...used to own a body shop, rebuilds vintage cars for fun, etc. In particular, he is a chevy guy. Our family literally exclusively drives Chevy vehicles (it's slightly annoying). My father, naturally, owns a white Chevy Z71. So I asked him to look at the pictures of the white trucks. The first thing he said about the DWT is that it looks like it has a tool kit in the back. I cannot see that at all but I totally trust his judgement. He also said it looks like it is a 2008 or newer.

I realize that this is probably not even helpful at this point, but I just wanted to share. I may ask him to look at the pictures some more and ask him more questions about the condition the truck may be in if it actually hit her bike (he works for a car insurance company...and realizing as I'm typing this that I probably should have been asking him these questions from the beginning!).

Also, quick question....do y'all think that there will come a point in this case where LE will release all of the video footage of the truck in question? I just cannot understand why they haven't done that yet. Seems like it would be helpful...but I also don't follow missing persons cases the way many of you do.

Yes, I said the same thing about a tool box! I can't recall if was the truck pic going in Mickey's direction or the one facing University, but right behind the back window, on top of the bed rail, it looks like little dots which might be that stamped steel on the lid.

Can't find the exact post, but someone here alluded to the idea that perhaps she was meeting some new friends she'd met when exploring the move-to-NOLA option, and perhaps she went with them...under a false sense of security. Sorry, can't find the OP...someone else can feel free to reply to this and link to it, if they can find it. But that's the gist of it.

I looked at Mickey's page, early on, and never saw anything in terms of posts. Were they possibly deleted?

-
One reason the hand grips may have been removed is to sanatize them. They are soft and an area that holds DNA. Maybe Mickey pulled them while trying to hold onto the bike, or they were removed by the perp. who may have handled them.

What worries me the most is that the phone had been reportedly turned off early on. And the credit cards were not used either. Seemed to be a professional who knew about forensics.

I continue to hope and pray for a break in this case!

Interesting.

Why would someone have to remove the hand grips to sanitize them?

For as much as we know they could of been wearing gloves.

As well I can think of a number of things much easier if the purpose was to remove DNA.

DNA could be on many areas of the bike not simply the hand grips even if that is the only place that was touched. Simply brushing up against clothing etc., could not only yield DNA but other forensics such as fibers etc.

Do we know for sure the hand grips were removed? LE danced around the issue, but that does not mean much, IMO. They have pretty much avoided committing to anything at all.

My theories and ideas change and at the moment my instinct is that while Mickey had no enemies, according to everyone..BW might have. This act may have been to get back at or punish BW for whatever reason. Jilted girlfriend, guy friend, neighbor, hoodlums on the corner by his house spraying graffiti. I would be interested to know if BW had any run ins with any local LE, OR what if any recent police complaints he might have made against his neighbors, or suspicious people hanging out on the corner of Congress and Parkside, loud music? Vandalism? Parties? When people get in trouble, they love to intimidate the people that tell on them. I go back to was anyone rude to them when they passed that corner onto Congress in his car to go to Taco Bell or when they returned. He may not have felt it was significant to mention to media.

Facts that are strange that make me wonder are the circumstances around the theft of his bike, just taken as a taunt almost and thrown into bushes, blocks away, where he probably would have found it on his own. But, LE was looking for it, he reported it and they found it right away. As if the person who took was saying, I will make you miserable and mess with you. I can get to your bike and get rid of it, I can do anything I want. The Graffiti directly behind Ryan St. depicting a black pacman and white ghost with a bow, and the words Game Over ..still bothers me. Not just the words or the bow on the ghost but the proximity to BW and where his bike was stolen from. Home.

Despite the circles we seem to have to go in... starting back at the beginning and getting answers to simple first odd questions seems to be the right thing to do.

Haven't thought much about this theory, but it did cross my mind when I learned of the PacMan graffiti - could the Perp have been trying to frame BW because of ill feelings towards BW, jealousy of MS?

Do we know for sure the hand grips were removed? LE danced around the issue, but that does not mean much, IMO. They have pretty much avoided committing to anything at all.

IIRC, it was a reporter who asked if the grips were recovered. The answer was yes. Then the reporter asked if they were on the bike and the cops would not confirm or deny. Why the reporter asked that question, I have no idea. It could just as easily be the handle bars removed (if anything was removed). We have no info about the bike other than than the rear wheel and tire.

We don't know for sure. During that press conference Cpl Paul Mouton stated that they recovered the bike AND the handgrips. It was odd that he stated it separately like that. A reporter picked up on it and asked if the handgrips were separated from the bike and he said he wouldn't give out the information. That's when I assumed they were found separate. If he would have just say "We recovered the bike at WB..." I would have assumed it was all together.

IIRC screenshots were taken very early on but I forget who took them. There could of been more than one person but I do recall the post/posts you are referring to.

It is also possible they may of been deleted/edited to remove names.

IIRC, it was a reporter who asked if the grips were recovered. The answer was yes. Then the reporter asked if they were on the bike and the cops would not confirm or deny. Why the reporter asked that question, I have no idea.

I agree with this notion. I thought it odd that the question was asked, almost as though said reporter either a) overheard LE discussing that fact; or b) had been clued in to that fact by someone in-the-know (LE, family, other).

To me, this was one of the handful of times that LE has acted a bit squirrelly in dealing with the media in this case.

:welcome:

Sorry, i didn't introduce myself before, hello everyone. The thing is I was looking at the map one of the posters entered and noticed that there were many homes along her route. The thought than came to my mind of someone entering a driveway or exiting. It just made me register so I could present it to all of you slueths to maybe give it some thought. thanks

:welcome:
That's an interesting theory, and I don't believe anyone has suggested it before.
A person who hit her in that manner could offer to let her come inside and clean up, and then things could have gotten out of hand in the house.

I feel like Mickey is still very close to the area where she was taken. I suspect that the bike was disposed of at WB to take the search focus away from the abduction area. I think the bike was disposed of later than the first night, and maybe even because the search/investigation was getting too close to the perp. I would suspect that one of the reasons the bike was disposed of is because it was too hard to hide, could cause questions from family and friends.

Bike turned up about the time the VOIs were identified. I agree with the perp feeling the heat.

Thinking out loud: if the hand grips were removed for DNA reasons...why would they put them in the water right there with the bike??

But why bother hiding it, if Mickey is successfully hidden someplace? Why not just keep the bike in the same house or property? Seems riskier to be caught ditching it, IMO...if Mickie is being "held" I would imagine she is secured in a way so as not to be able to escape and he could always remove the tires. I just can't get away from feeling that the bike was tossed away to end his association with the crime altogether...

If a perp(s) wanted it to look like they had disposed of her what perhaps they figured leaving the bike at WB would make people think she was no longer alive and eventually stop looking for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck