LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's certainly possible. I think that the perp intentionally bumped Mickey's bike, and then used transporting her and the bike to Mickey's home as a way to get Mickey to agree to get in the truck/car. He didn't really want the bike, but he had to be convincing to get Mickey to trust him. Once he had her in his vehicle, he could have chloroformed her (or something similar), and on his way to wheverever he was going, dumped the bike. If the bike was in the back of his pick-up, he risked someone seeing it, and needed to dump it as quickly as possible. Perhaps he was familiar with that exit (a fisherman?) and thought that would be the ideal place to dump it at night.

I agree with all of this as a likely scenario. (However, I think maybe using a tazer makes more sense than chloroform. That's what Philip Garrido used to subdue and take Jaycee Duggard. And I'm of the opinion that only an idiot like Casey Anthony cooks up homemade chloroform to commit a crime with when there would be a zillion alternative methods that would be less potentially harmful to the narcississt committing the crime. You could get some pretty bad chemical burns or kill yourself making chloroform)

Yep, I feel like it's entirely possible that if Mickey is deceased, Mickey is somewhere in or around the Whiskey Bay exit (or was there and has washed somewhere else). I wonder if there were any areas that couldn't be searched or the dogs couldn't be brought onto/into because of standing water (like the area where Caylee Anthony was eventually found- the searchers couldn't search the exact area where she was when they were around it because it was flooded) or private property really close to the highway at the exit or the boat launch that the owners wouldn't okay strangers on to search....

I really feel like if she's passed, she is (or was) at WB.

That's a real issue. I dont know if you've ever been fishing out there in the swamps, but I have. Before I moved to Colorado, my best friend took me out in a small boat we rented at McGees If memory serves .

I had no idea what I was getting into. There we were a gay guy and a girl wearing a tie-dyed skirt in a boat. Little did I know how desolate it is, and how easily one could get lost.

It would be very easy to row out there like M and I did that day and do all manner of illegal things. I went out there without a license. :)

I could imagine someone could row out there and dump something without a soul knowing in broad daylight. If she was dumped out there, the probability of her ever being found is very small.

if that were the case, and hope it is not.. the dogs would not be able to figure out where she was at all.

JMO>

Interesting that you knew it was a waning crescent moon the night Mickey disappeared. Doesn't it have some particular meaning for satanists or wiccans or both? - supposedly adding to their power? I'm no expert in that field but the fact that it was a particularly dark night must have helped the perpetrator(s). Anyway, back to when the bike could have been dumped - none of us can know with any certainty, but one guess is that there was more than one vehicle involved in this abduction. Mickey may have been taken in one vehicle, while the bike was placed in the trunk of another vehicle and driven to WB. He may have attempted to dump the bike early morning, but encountered fishermen and driven on by, only to come back later when the coast was clear. This is all pure guesswork. In a way I hope there are two perps because then one of them may cave in to guilt, remorse and common decency and tell the police what really happened, knowing that their cooperation will likely give him a lighter sentence and a clear conscience.
There is also, very likely, someone who knows what happened to Mickey, but is in fear for their own safety, who really needs to come forward and help. I hope you are reading this right now and I hope and pray you will find the guts to call or email or post a message here. Mickey was brave and you should be too. :phone:

Google is a powerful tool ;) But yes, you're right. I've read before, in passing, that the phases of the moon are important to Wiccans, especially the full moon.

I can understand the want for two perps as it may be easier to catch those who responsible, though IF that was the case, it makes me think that this entire thing was premeditated,, which is scarier than if only by opportunity.

100% agree! We can only hope that, if anyone knows anything at all, that they tell the police. Mickey is dearly missed, not only by her family and friends, but by an entire community.

ktgirl...lol..don't you remember the homemade chloroform was made for the plants out back or some crazy thing.

I agree with all of this as a likely scenario. (However, I think maybe using a tazer makes more sense than chloroform. That's what Philip Garrido used to subdue and take Jaycee Duggard. And I'm of the opinion that only an idiot like Casey Anthony cooks up homemade chloroform to commit a crime with when there would be a zillion alternative methods that would be less potentially harmful to the narcississt committing the crime. You could get some pretty bad chemical burns or kill yourself making chloroform)
I had a class in genetics in college. We used cholorform in the classroom to knock fruit flies out to examine them. This was quite a while ago. Is cholorform still used in colleges?

I think the bike was a ruse to bring the investigation to where he wanted it. It 'gives" him control , and think about how much money and resources were and are being spent in this area.

Alive or not I would be surprised to find Mickey there. It is a mind game from a sick, evil mind in my opinion

Lots and lots of pick up trucks and vans in the area. Free girl has a selective appeal. Free bike has a broad appeal. If a vehicle with cargo space saw a free bike, they'd grab it. If they saw it on national TV the next few days, they'd know they couldn't sell it. Let the possibility exist that the bike thief wasn't involved in the abduction, and only brought it to WB to throw the trail of himself, and get the bike involved in a predictable narrative.

ktgirl...lol..don't you remember the homemade chloroform was made for the plants out back or some crazy thing.

Right, I had forgotten....it had something to do with chlorophyl and bamboo....
:pullhair:

Ok, new on Webs, but a thought came to my mind before that, what if; a car was pulling into or out of their driveway as Mickey drove by. Dark at night and who knows. If they had hit her by accident and were drinking that night and something bad happened to her, it would have been easier to just bring her into their house clean up the scene and later dispose of the bike and sadly maybe Mickey too. Just a thought.

Lots and lots of pick up trucks and vans in the area. Free girl has a selective appeal. Free bike has a broad appeal. If a vehicle with cargo space saw a free bike, they'd grab it. If they saw it on national TV the next few days, they'd know they couldn't sell it. Let the possibility exist that the bike thief wasn't involved in the abduction, and only brought it to WB to throw the trail of himself, and get the bike involved in a predictable narrative.
Didn't the bike thief then risk implicating himself by looking guilty if he was caught in the act of dumping it there? He would have had to drive it 27 miles to WB. It would have been easier to just dump the bike on a sidewalk, in my opinion.

One thing that it makes this case even more difficult is not knowing for absolutely sure that the same person who took Mickie also took her bike. I happen to believe it was the same person, but there is no evidence of that. So it makes it more difficult, if not impossible to try to "profile" the reason for the bike being at WB.

I think it is a possibility that someone did come across the bike and took it and then dumped it (although this is unlikely if the bike was put there the night or morning Mickey was taken). I wish there was a reward for info on the bike....like if someone took the bike would come forward and tell where they took the bike from, etc. they'd get a couple grand & no charges for stealing the bike would be pressed. Just in case.
This of course, would require more reward money. As my nanny (godmother for those of you not from south Louisiana) says "all it takes is money."

I feel like Mickey is still very close to the area where she was taken. I suspect that the bike was disposed of at WB to take the search focus away from the abduction area. I think the bike was disposed of later than the first night, and maybe even because the search/investigation was getting too close to the perp. I would suspect that one of the reasons the bike was disposed of is because it was too hard to hide, could cause questions from family and friends.

Sorry, i didn't introduce myself before, hello everyone. The thing is I was looking at the map one of the posters entered and noticed that there were many homes along her route. The thought than came to my mind of someone entering a driveway or exiting. It just made me register so I could present it to all of you slueths to maybe give it some thought. thanks

I think it is a possibility that someone did come across the bike and took it and then dumped it (although this is unlikely if the bike was put there the night or morning Mickey was taken). I wish there was a reward for info on the bike....like if someone took the bike would come forward and tell where they took the bike from, etc. they'd get a couple grand & no charges for stealing the bike would be pressed. Just in case.
This of course, would require more reward money. As my nanny (godmother for those of you not from south Louisiana) says "all it takes is money."

But that isn't true, really...rewards are very seldom claimed at all, and it is hard to believe that no one knows anything in so many cases. Holly's case has a quarter of a million dollar reward, allegedly.

In Ayla Reynold's case, lots of people think that up to 4 adults may know what happened to her-reward expires in a few days, but no sign of anyone talking.

Also, the person would have to somehow prove they only took the bike, which would be difficult to do at this point.

I feel like Mickey is still very close to the area where she was taken. I suspect that the bike was disposed of at WB to take the search focus away from the abduction area. I think the bike was disposed of later than the first night, and maybe even because the search/investigation was getting too close to the perp. I would suspect that one of the reasons the bike was disposed of is because it was too hard to hide, could cause questions from family and friends.

I doubt this guy has family and friends, or someone would have come forward. I doubt the reason the bike was dumped is because it was hard to ride. More than likely it was your other thought that it would take the heat away from the area he might live in.

I am no longer local, or LE but I am thinking WB is probably the major focus of the investigation at this point.

Sorry, i didn't introduce myself before, hello everyone. The thing is I was looking at the map one of the posters entered and noticed that there were many homes along her route. The thought than came to my mind of someone entering a driveway or exiting. It just made me register so I could present it to all of you slueths to maybe give it some thought. thanks

Anything is possible at this point...
although it seems pretty dangerous to do that, with so many houses right there, and Mickey's dad was up and about, getting ready to leave as he headed out at 2:30AM to report to work...seems someone would have heard something...

I doubt this guy has family and friends, or someone would have come forward. I doubt the reason the bike was dumped is because it was hard to ride. More than likely it was your other thought that it would take the heat away from the area he might live in.

I am no longer local, or LE but I am thinking WB is probably the major focus of the investigation at this point.

I do too...I think that since the bike seems to be all they have, that profilers may be telling LE that Mickie was most likely left near the bike, whether factual or not. They have to look somewhere...anything else is just picking a spot out of a hat at this point...

Anything is possible at this point...
although it seems pretty dangerous to do that, with so many houses right there, and Mickey's dad was up and about, getting ready to leave as he headed out at 2:30AM to report to work...seems someone would have heard something...

thanks for your response. I guess I was thinking about last night I went out to look at houses for sale. Some streets are very dark and quiet. Backing out of driveways can be a little difficult depending on the vehicle you have, and if someone isn't paying attention, or drinking, anything can happen.

Ok, new on Webs, but a thought came to my mind before that, what if; a car was pulling into or out of their driveway as Mickey drove by. Dark at night and who knows. If they had hit her by accident and were drinking that night and something bad happened to her, it would have been easier to just bring her into their house clean up the scene and later dispose of the bike and sadly maybe Mickey too. Just a thought.

:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member