LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone here mentioned earlier about NOLA. I think I'd be willing to add that as a possible scenario, based on info someone here referenced as having been seen on MS's FB page early on in the case.

Can you elaborate? or provide a link?

If the perp wanted to make a statement or use the dumping of the bike as a ruse, wouldn't he/she have made the bike's distinguishing features more obvious?

Probably so...with the caveat being that perhaps the perp removed those items so they'd fit into the trunk of a car.

Someone here mentioned earlier about NOLA. I think I'd be willing to add that as a possible scenario, based on info someone here referenced as having been seen on MS's FB page early on in the case.

Can you elaborate? or provide a link?

Headed out for dinner right now, but I'll research and post later this evening.

He couldn't store a bike, yet has a place to keep Mickey hidden?
Someone obviously dumped the bike.. Assuming it was the perp and Mickey is still alive, maybe he has her in a room of some type (storage facility, shed, basement) and it is his only hiding space...maybe he leaves her there for periods of time and doesn't want her to have anything she could use as a weapon or means of escape...All obviously speculation on my part.

I am trying to think of an analogy...something along the lines of someone steals an armored car and keeps the money but ditches the armored car. A wildly ridiculous analogy I know, but I just don't see why he would want to hold onto the bike...

IMO in order to have dupmed the bike in the dark the perp(s) would have to be very familiar with WB. After seeing Chicken's Photo's I think it likely someone walked onto a bridge pillar, walked around the ledge to the water and tossed the bike. If the bike was dumped the same day Mickey was taken I believe it could have been planned in advance, the WB dump spot. I believe the bike was about 30 yards from where one of DTL's victims was found. The location seems purposeful to me.

Also, I am very confused about so many aspects of this case. I feel like someone with a little more knowledge than I have could figure this out. Knowing the results of the bike tests, even if the tests came back that the bike is clean, no DNA, no clues at all...Well, that woud be a clue and could help us to figure some things out.

Le silence---Is it because they have nothing new to report? If so maybe they should say so, if only to keep people talking. I feel like they must have something. Is the silence a strategy?

Maybe he has her in a room of some type (storage facility, shed, basement) and it is his only hiding space...maybe he leaves her there for periods of time and doesn't want her to have anything she could use as a weapon or means of escape...All obviously speculation on my part.

I am trying to think of an analogy...something along the lines of someone steals an armored car and keeps the money but ditches the armored car. A wildly ridiculous analogy I know, but I just don't see why he would want to hold onto the bike...

I believe it would be thrown away b/c to her it is a means of escape.
The other girl in Jacksonville, the bike was not found, she was.

In Mickey's instance, It would be used as a I have you and you have no means of escape, a control mechanism of sorts.

I wish I could be much more specific, but there's something that's been troubling me and staying at the back of my mind throughout this search for clues to Mickey's disappearance.

I know of a Lafayette policeman who went out of his way to pursue a young blonde female friend of mine. She never pressed charges of any kind, but she moved out of town soon after. I use the word "stalk" because he drove up behind her at a gas station and basically began flirting with her. She asked if she'd done anything wrong and he said no, but he wanted to know her name and where she lived. She got home to the house she was sharing with a female friend, and the policeman showed up at her door later in the day!
He was roughly 35 years old, 6 ft tall, stocky, with dark hair and tanned complexion and she remembers his legs were kinda bowed. She was polite to him, but made it clear that she had a boyfriend. He still showed up again at her home to pursue her and she had to make it clear she was not interested in him. Every time she saw a cop car behind her in town she felt uncomfortable thinking it might be him.

I am in no way accusing this member of LE as having anything to do with Mickey's disappearance, just sharing this reminder that policeman are human and sometimes mix work with pleasure. Also, the fact that the girl in question was in her early 20's, blonde and pretty, and this all took place in Lafayette, is worth mentioning on this thread. I've also wondered if he was thrown out of the police force since that time, and for all we know, could be the cop impersonator who's been mentioned in recent stories.:what:

This has nagged at me since early on for various reasons. I too wish I could be more specific but I obviously will not slueth by name to protect WS. Although, The facts of which are readily available through MSM if you google. especially Dec 2011, The Advocate. It's a serious consideration and very hard to investigate properly for obvious reasons. I certainly do hope that the private investigator seriously looks into it.

I believe it would be thrown away b/c to her it is a means of escape.
The other girl in Jacksonville, the bike was not found, she was.

In Mickey's instance, It would be used as a I have you and you have no means of escape, a control mechanism of sorts.

To me, it means end of crime, bike gone, no evidence in his possession...

This has nagged at me since early on for various reasons. I too wish I could be more specific but I obviously will not slueth by name to protect WS. Although, The facts of which are readily available through MSM if you google. especially Dec 2011, The Advocate. It's a serious consideration and very hard to investigate properly for obvious reasons. I certainly do hope that the private investigator seriously looks into it.

Let's hope it is done, and soon.

the case in jacksonville happened friday june 1st ...that was after mickey went missing..so if he is keeping mickey alive..it wouldn't be the same perp

He couldn't store a bike, yet has a place to keep Mickey hidden?

Yes. He had a place planned for a girl. But nothing else. He probably didn't count on seeing her ride her bike that night. But when he did he went into action. He had no interest in keeping anything but the girl. Didn't want to take a chance someone seeing something on the property later on, and then seeing a news report that person remembers seeing it there. Not even the meter man coming by to read a meter. Get rid of it soon as possible.
Of course I am speculating under the theory she was abducted. Which from watching and hearing from the mother on here that a abduction is what happened.

the case in jacksonville happened friday june 1st ...that was after mickey went missing..so if he is keeping mickey alive..it wouldn't be the same perp

Right, it's hard to say. Very much the same size, same situation, same face. All of these missing women all of a sudden has me very concerned. I am afraid to go to the store without my older son.

Yes. He had a place planned for a girl. But nothing else. He probably didn't count on seeing her ride her bike that night. But when he did he went into action. He had no interest in keeping anything but the girl. Didn't want to take a chance someone seeing something on the property later on, and then seeing a news report that person remembers seeing it there. Not even the meter man coming by to read a meter. Get rid of it soon as possible.
Of course I am speculating under the theory she was abducted. Which from watching and hearing from the mother on here that a abduction is what happened.

I absolutely agree that she was abducted...but not to "keep".

I know we have hashed and rehashed the "what ifs" about the possibility of the bike being dumped from the bridge at WB. Even if the person was familiar with the area.... how dark would it be a night to dump over the bridge and hit the water, or the correct area? (was the moon out that night???)

I am imagining it pitch black under the bridge - and would be hard to know exactly where to pitch the bike to make sure it hit in the water where the person intended it to land. With the car/truck's lights on, it would make it seem even darker and harder to see down below the bridge, wouldn't it?

Locals that have been there??? Is the darkness and hitting the "target" off the bridge in the dark an issue?

TIA

I know we have hashed and rehashed the "what ifs" about the possibility of the bike being dumped from the bridge at WB. Even if the person was familiar with the area.... how dark would it be a night to dump over the bridge and hit the water, or the correct area? (was the moon out that night???)

I am imagining it pitch black under the bridge - and would be hard to know exactly where to pitch the bike to make sure it hit in the water where the person intended it to land. With the car/truck's lights on, it would make it seem even darker and harder to see down below the bridge, wouldn't it?

Locals that have been there??? Is the darkness and hitting the "target" off the bridge in the dark an issue?

TIA

I've driven over at night where it's so dark that it's hard to tell there is water below. So yes, it would be impossible to hit a target.

i think it would have to be at nite...even if he went very early Sat morning to dump the bike...fishermen go out very early to fish..anytime during the day he would be seen ..he would be taken a chance of someone being there.

TIA

Waning crescent moon that night, so no, there wouldn't be much light at all, and yes, it'd be difficult to pitch it over the bridge, but I thought that it was presumed the bike was brought to the site because of the tire tracks near the dump site? Even if it was brought there, I imagine it'd be easier to do so during the day time, even if you had a high powered flashlight or the high beams of a vehicle, so that could rule out a dump the night of.

I absolutely agree that she was abducted...but not to "keep".
I do understand your perspective, but since Mickey hasn't been found yet, as unrealistic as it may be odds-wise, I prefer to go on the assumption that she is still alive.

I think this person knew it was important to distance themself from the bike immediately. This bike would tie anyone directly to Mickey. Too easy for a neighbor,family member or anyone to potentially see the bike and that would be that.
But, I don't think there was any plan and everything was done by the seat of their pants.

Throwing it over a bridge into water may have sounded like a good idea at the time-maybe not well thought out, but on the spur of the moment...get rid of the bike at all costs as soon as possible. Sort of like Nancy Botwin throwing the croquet mallet out the window on the freeway. The only thought is get rid of it. I have no doubt it was done at night.

I don't necessarily think the bridge was on the way to anywhere,but possibly far enough away from this persons actual location to give them some breathing room even if it were found, which presumably has worked for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member