LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those webcams from the bridge and going out to Baton Rouge on I10.
Do they record as well as broadcast? Anyone know?

Hey guys, I finally decided to join in woohoo! For what it's worth I'm from a very small town in SWLA (6m from the Texas border near Deweyville) and I know about Whiskey Bay! So not necessarily a local would know to go there. I'm terrified of public bathrooms so on road trips if I had to pee WB was my spot when passing thru! I happened to mention that to my dad in conversation about 3 years ago and thought he was going to whip my butt! I had no idea it was a dump spot for DTL or druggies..just thought it was a nice secluded spot. Young foolish me. So yeah..I know pple that come from Orange, TX to fish at WB, who knows where this fool(s) is from :(

But why bother hiding it, if Mickey is successfully hidden someplace? Why not just keep the bike in the same house or property? Seems riskier to be caught ditching it, IMO...if Mickie is being "held" I would imagine she is secured in a way so as not to be able to escape and he could always remove the tires. I just can't get away from feeling that the bike was tossed away to end his association with the crime altogether...

Just speculating. But perhaps on his way out of Lafayette and heading out to the bridge he wanted to start getting rid of things before he took her to where he wanted her to be. So when he finally got to his destination the only thing he would have left was the girl. I don't think he anticipated on the bike being found so soon and that was a slip up. I still think he took her out towards Baton rouge on I10. And maybe discarded other items along the way from her back pack. Maybe not the whole back pack at once, but while going through it he through a piece here a piece there etc, but wanted to make sure all was gone but the girl before reaching his destination. Though I am only speculating and making guesses. He could have had a stun gun and cuffs to keep her subdued during his travel back east. Though just another guess.

Bumping.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.

Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:

* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict: There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.

* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.

* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.

* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.

* Sleuthing guidelines: We don’t permit any posts discussing the sleuthing of non-players. Considering there have been no suspects or POI’s named to date, that means pretty much no one is permitted to be sleuthed, except Mickey, This is done to protect the innocent. Think about it – suppose your son (or daughter) gave your next door neighbor a ride to the grocery store, dropped them off with the understanding that they had a ride home. That neighbor disappears and is now missing. Do you want hundreds of people sleuthing your background? Knowing where you live, work, your kid’s names, ages, where they go to school? Would you like every skeleton in your closet to be shaken and posted on a public forum for the world to see? It is not right and not fair to innocent people. Most of these people are only a friend or acquaintance by sheer circumstance. They do not deserve the public scrutiny. It is completely understandable for Law Enforcement to take this approach. However, after their investigation, if they find no basis for suspicion and clear these people, they don’t make their records public either. Simply put, it just ain’t cool to do and we don’t do it here at Websleuths.

* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently

* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here.

* “Off-Topic” Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. This thread is for discussion of locating Mickey Shunick.

* Verified Posters, Insiders & Locals:

See this Link to the Verified Posters: Professionals and Insiders.

We don’t verify every local who follows any case. You are welcome to post photos & maps of the area, post your knowledge about specific areas (e.g., directions, locations, weather conditions, etc..) so we can all have a better understanding. What you cannot do is post information relayed to you by another person (e.g., “I went on a volunteer search last week & another person I met told me “blah blah blah” <insert rumor of your choice> and she said she got it from a co-worker of Mickey’s sister. That is RUMOR and we do not participate in any rumor chasing events here.

An insider is usually someone with direct knowledge. Often a family member or a close friend. Those we do verify. Keep in mind no one is obligated to become verified; we completely respect and understand those who choose not to do so. All we ask is that you not post inside information claiming it as fact.

That all said, we are very careful when verifying members. However, we cannot endorse the content of their posts nor assert as to the truth of what is being stated. It is up to the reader to decide that for themselves. We’re simply letting you know that an Administrator or Owner has spoken with this person, gathered data to investigate that they are who they say they are. We do this to protect the integrity of the information posted here.

None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here:

LINK -Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.

Please know that Moderators are here to help. We realize it takes a bit to learn the WS policies. We've all been there ourselves. At the bottom of the Missing Forum homepage you will see a list of "Forum Leaders". Please feel free to contact the moderator of your choice with any questions you may have. We will be happy to help you learn the ropes around here!

Hey guys, I finally decided to join in woohoo! For what it's worth I'm from a very small town in SWLA (6m from the Texas border near Deweyville) and I know about Whiskey Bay! So not necessarily a local would know to go there. I'm terrified of public bathrooms so on road trips if I had to pee WB was my spot when passing thru! I happened to mention that to my dad in conversation about 3 years ago and thought he was going to whip my butt! I had no idea it was a dump spot for DTL or druggies..just thought it was a nice secluded spot. Young foolish me. So yeah..I know pple that come from Orange, TX to fish at WB, who knows where this fool(s) is from :(

:welcome:

I think the bike was a ruse to bring the investigation to where he wanted it. It 'gives" him control , and think about how much money and resources were and are being spent in this area.

Alive or not I would be surprised to find Mickey there. It is a mind game from a sick, evil mind in my opinion

Well, all we can do is speculate and theorize...there is literally nothing to really go on, other than the locale of the bike and it seems to me that LE is kind focused on that spot, no matter what they say (or don't say.)

I think even a single person *could* pull it off...but I still doubt this is what actually happened.

But to your point, yes, if a single could do it, then certainly a team could pull off this feat -- perhaps even exactly as you speculated.

That said, if the bike was found *directly below* the bridge, then that means someone had to dangle the bike over the rail, drop it straight down, and hope for it to drift to a spot directly beneath the bridge. Again...possible, but doubtful.

I'm leaning towards this being the work of someone panicked. And that's what leads me to lean in the area of the possibility that the person who dumped the bike was not the person who abducted MS.

Theory: they found the bike, took it, then when they learned of the significance of the bike, hurriedly disposed of it. The (reportedly) detached handlebars/grips could have been because the bike had been disassembled with intent to sell; or, alternately, that it was disassembled because it was being transported in a car, and removal of these parts helped the bike fit into a smaller transport compartment. (i.e. not in the bed of a truck)
Mickey's bike had distinctive gold grips. Since the handlebars and/or grips were reportedly removed, it could be that the perp didn't want the bike to be as recognizable. If the perp wanted to make a statement or use the dumping of the bike as a ruse, wouldn't he/she have made the bike's distinguishing features more obvious? After the water level decreased, just a portion of the frame was exposed. It seems to me that the person who disposed of the bike was not necessarily wanting it to be found. I think the perp was a local who was nervously trying to get rid of the bike, and was more interested in getting rid of the bike in a hurry, than risk being seen. If the tire marks in the water near the bike belonged to the perp, it could be because he/she backed the truck up into the water to try to get it in deeper water to conceal it. JMO

Has anyone thought of looking at Craigslist for suggestive ads? I run a cleaning service, and have used it for new clients. At times, some of the ad's are suggestive and photos are even included.

I recently saw one in my area where the girl alluded to being a young model looking for spare cash, and was willing to clean homes. She went on to state she knew how to clean out barns as well. My mind naturally went to Mickey.

I know this is kind of out there, but do you think someone might take her and then try to sell her on an online message board such as this.

I can understand that the family is most likely reading, and I want more than anything for her to come home. I am sorry if this seems harsh, or upsetting. Perhaps we just need to troll other boards looking for answers as well.

This needs bumped to the top of the thread IMO
:seeya: BUMP :what:

:rollercoaster:

Has anyone thought of looking at Craigslist for suggestive ads? I run a cleaning service, and have used it for new clients. At times, some of the ad's are suggestive and photos are even included.

I recently saw one in my area where the girl alluded to being a young model looking for spare cash, and was willing to clean homes. She went on to state she knew how to clean out barns as well. My mind naturally went to Mickey.

I know this is kind of out there, but do you think someone might take her and then try to sell her on an online message board such as this.

I can understand that the family is most likely reading, and I want more than anything for her to come home. I am sorry if this seems harsh, or upsetting. Perhaps we just need to troll other boards looking for answers as well.

This needs bumped to the top of the thread IMO
:seeya: BUMP :what:

:rollercoaster:

JMO this is extremely unlikely...again JMO

But why bother hiding it, if Mickey is successfully hidden someplace? Why not just keep the bike in the same house or property? Seems riskier to be caught ditching it, IMO...if Mickie is being "held" I would imagine she is secured in a way so as not to be able to escape and he could always remove the tires. I just can't get away from feeling that the bike was tossed away to end his association with the crime altogether...
That's certainly possible. I think that the perp intentionally bumped Mickey's bike, and then used transporting her and the bike to Mickey's home as a way to get Mickey to agree to get in the truck/car. He didn't really want the bike, but he had to be convincing to get Mickey to trust him. Once he had her in his vehicle, he could have chloroformed her (or something similar), and on his way to wheverever he was going, dumped the bike. If the bike was in the back of his pick-up, he risked someone seeing it, and needed to dump it as quickly as possible. Perhaps he was familiar with that exit (a fisherman?) and thought that would be the ideal place to dump it at night.

Maybe the perp has a family, and couldn't store the bike on his property? I just don't see any reason he would want to keep it. It just seems like having the bike is taking one more chance and what good could it do him?

Maybe the perp has a family, and couldn't store the bike on his property? I just don't see any reason he would want to keep it. It just seems like having the bike is taking one more chance and what good could it do him?

He couldn't store a bike, yet has a place to keep Mickey hidden?

Hello neighbor! I'm in Beaumont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member