LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO:

If I had a missing daughter, especially, if there has been a pattern of missing young women, who fit the same profile, and have never been found:

I would employ and rely upon a P.I. who had all of the bases covered and connections with: local, city, state, interstate, national, and, international resources.

JMO:

If I had a missing daughter, especially, if there has been a pattern of missing young women, who fit the same profile, and have never been found:

I would employ and rely upon a P.I. who had all of the bases covered and connections with: local, city, state, interstate, national, and, international resources.

I would employ and rely upon a dozen different P.I's working a dozen different angles. I would also establish a dedicated tip line and email monitored 24/7 by a company paid to do so who can dispatch said tips and information to investigators accordingly. I would also hire as many search and rescue teams as I possibly could.

I definitely would never want a dozen PIs. That is a dozen different places tips may be called in, a dozen different people that might withhold information from each other or muddle the information we do have, a dozen different people who might be cashing in on huge missing person donations, a dozen different people who may be more concerned with their careers and competing with 11 other people than finding my daughter/son/loved one. Having one really excellent one makes a lot more sense to me (MAYBE two if a completely different angle is probable-like, someone local and someone foreign if there is evidence the person may be in Europe or something). The only issue is picking the correct pony to bet on, unfortunately.

I would employ and rely upon a dozen different P.I's working a dozen different angles. I would also establish a dedicated tip line and email monitored 24/7 by a company paid to do so who can dispatch said tips and information to investigators accordingly. I would also hire as many search and rescue teams as I possibly could.

Bravo!

Anyone have any thoughts as to why the LE thinks the bike was disposed of early on even though it wasnt found until 9 days later?

This other bike abduction in Jacksonville is so coincidental. Could be the samp perp? Tara looks very much like MS in size, smile etc. Her body was found near a hwy exit in the woods by a low budget inn. Is there anything like that near WB? her bike ahs not been found. I read that LE has some video of her riding home:(

I definitely would never want a dozen PIs. That is a dozen different places tips may be called in, a dozen different people that might withhold information from each other or muddle the information we do have, a dozen different people who might be cashing in on huge missing person donations, a dozen different people who may be more concerned with their careers and competing with 11 other people than finding my daughter/son/loved one. Having one really excellent one makes a lot more sense to me (MAYBE two if a completely different angle is probable-like, someone local and someone foreign if there is evidence the person may be in Europe or something). The only issue is picking the correct pony to bet on, unfortunately.

That's why I said I would also want to setup a dedicated tip line and email monitored by a company paid to do so. So the information only goes to one place and is then forwarded to the appropriate investigator as each would be assigned various angles and leads to follow. That way no one person is bogged down or pulled in too many different directions. I would basically assemble my own personal task force. Search and rescue companies would be divided up and assigned certain areas, as would the P.I's. By the time it was all said and done, every dog house, out-house, old folks house, halfway homes, catacombs and twilight zones would have been searched.

I would imagine something about the condition of the bike led LE to believe it had been there a while...some growth of some kind on it? Not sure what grows or would be present in that kind of water...or rust...

I was at the movies today and saw a new movie coming out called premium something??? It's an action movie on bicycles, made me automatically think of MS.

Has anyone thought of looking at Craigslist for suggestive ads? I run a cleaning service, and have used it for new clients. At times, some of the ad's are suggestive and photos are even included.

I recently saw one in my area where the girl alluded to being a young model looking for spare cash, and was willing to clean homes. She went on to state she knew how to clean out barns as well. My mind naturally went to Mickey.

I know this is kind of out there, but do you think someone might take her and then try to sell her on an online message board such as this.

I can understand that the family is most likely reading, and I want more than anything for her to come home. I am sorry if this seems harsh, or upsetting. Perhaps we just need to troll other boards looking for answers as well.

It certainly cannot hurt.
!!!!!!!

someone mentioned gators being in WB..could a gator have done the damage to the back tire?

----------

And who is going to pay all of these people? And don't say cost is no object. It would be a reality, a very harsh one, especially for one family to bear, even with donations.

I agree...and do not believe that Mickey is being "held" someplace...the finding of the bike to me seemed like getting rid of the last piece of evidence tying the perp to her.
Perhaps the abducter got rid of the bike because not only could it be a means of Mickey's escape, but it is also recognizable evidence tying to perp to Mickey. A bike isn't that easy to hide, and what would the perp every use it for? It's just a big piece of evidence that would be in the way. IMO

How many abduction victims have ever come back alive in the USA? The only ones I have ever heard of are Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart & Shawn Hornbeck (spelling?) They were all kidnapped as children by pedophiles...and never ransomed...so I really cannot imagine ANY situation where a perp had made contact with the family. Just not plausible....IMO

Colleen Stan
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan"]Kidnapping of Colleen Stan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I don't remember who said this, but someone said that the reason we remember the names of the people who came back is because it is literally that rare. It is extraordinary rare for them to come back. Almost a statistical anomaly. That being said, I pray that every case is one of those statistical anomalies and that Mickey will be back and alive with her family soon.

Perhaps the abducter got rid of the bike because not only could it be a means of Mickey's escape, but it is also recognizable evidence tying to perp to Mickey. A bike isn't that easy to hide, and what would the perp every use it for? It's just a big piece of evidence that would be in the way. IMO

But why bother hiding it, if Mickey is successfully hidden someplace? Why not just keep the bike in the same house or property? Seems riskier to be caught ditching it, IMO...if Mickie is being "held" I would imagine she is secured in a way so as not to be able to escape and he could always remove the tires. I just can't get away from feeling that the bike was tossed away to end his association with the crime altogether...

How much would it cost to fund 12 different PIs at least full-time on a case? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3