LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible scenarios of her being alive (in order of, MOO, likelihood)...

Locale:

1) Being held in the immediate vicinity of her route (within a 1-3 mile radius of where she was initially taken, likely directly along her route);

2) Being held at a remote local in the general region (i.e. at a camp, within 20-40 miles of where she was taken);

3) Far, far away - with Baton Rouge being the closest possibility here, due to aforementioned trafficking problem. My thoughts here, though, are that if she was taken far away, it's likely several states, if not completely out of the country.

I wish I could be much more specific, but there's something that's been troubling me and staying at the back of my mind throughout this search for clues to Mickey's disappearance.

I know of a Lafayette policeman who went out of his way to pursue a young blonde female friend of mine. She never pressed charges of any kind, but she moved out of town soon after. I use the word "stalk" because he drove up behind her at a gas station and basically began flirting with her. She asked if she'd done anything wrong and he said no, but he wanted to know her name and where she lived. She got home to the house she was sharing with a female friend, and the policeman showed up at her door later in the day!
He was roughly 35 years old, 6 ft tall, stocky, with dark hair and tanned complexion and she remembers his legs were kinda bowed. She was polite to him, but made it clear that she had a boyfriend. He still showed up again at her home to pursue her and she had to make it clear she was not interested in him. Every time she saw a cop car behind her in town she felt uncomfortable thinking it might be him.

I am in no way accusing this member of LE as having anything to do with Mickey's disappearance, just sharing this reminder that policeman are human and sometimes mix work with pleasure. Also, the fact that the girl in question was in her early 20's, blonde and pretty, and this all took place in Lafayette, is worth mentioning on this thread. I've also wondered if he was thrown out of the police force since that time, and for all we know, could be the cop impersonator who's been mentioned in recent stories.:what:

this info should definitely be handed over to ACI. hopefully you know the name. if not maybe ACI can get pics of the thirtysomethings in the force and have your friend identify him then someone needs to make sure he has an alibi

ACI is no longer working this case, per his own previous post.

that's true. but i would be afraid to ask to lafayette PD to look into one of their own, especially with all the shadiness silence going on with them. also, i'm not sure if Abdella would be too helpful because he seems to be in cohoots with the PD. maybe she could mention it to the FBI. If her story is true, it needs to be looked into

I believe she is still alive and being mistreated. I think all remote camps in the local area need to be searched. The simple reason behind this is that the bike was dropped at WB at night. Anyone of us who knows Lafayette know that only knowledgeable/brave *advertiser censored* folks will go down there at night.

and I am certain her bike was dropped under cover of darkness by a local who knows the area well enough to avoid detection, and who possibly had her nearby.

If we do start ruffling a few feathers and asking to view camps we have a better chance of ruling them out and possibly finding her alive.

Just thoughts... I could always be wrong, but boy would I love to be right.

I agree with you, although I don't like to think of her being mistreated - still we have to be realistic, and it's better to think she still has a fighting chance of freeing herself and getting home safe. We also need to look at the possibility that she is with someone who is obsessed/in love with her and is keeping her somewhere in town, right under everyone's noses. Possibly someone with deep emotional/mental problems who manages to keep themselves off the radar and out of suspicion. JMO

Well at first i was thinking it might be someone kidnapping young blonds from college towns..but he probably wouldn't know about WB...that makes me think it is someone local.

however, we always joke about siri on the new i-phone 4. when people in my mom's age group ask who is this siri, we start off by saying she answers your questions yadayadayada and then demonstrate by asking siri where a good place to dump a body is. she then maps and lists nearby dumpsters swamps etc. i wonder if Whiskey Bay exit is given by siri when you ask her that question around the saint streets.

Possible scenarios of her being alive (in order of, MOO, likelihood)...

Locale:

1) Being held in the immediate vicinity of her route (within a 1-3 mile radius of where she was initially taken, likely directly along her route);

2) Being held at a remote local in the general region (i.e. at a camp, within 20-40 miles of where she was taken);

3) Far, far away - with Baton Rouge being the closest possibility here, due to aforementioned trafficking problem. My thoughts here, though, are that if she was taken far away, it's likely several states, if not completely out of the country.

ITA with number three ... but I think number two is the most distinct probability.

I agree with you, although I don't like to think of her being mistreated - still we have to be realistic, and it's better to think she still has a fighting chance of freeing herself and getting home safe. We also need to look at the possibility that she is with someone who is obsessed/in love with her and is keeping her somewhere in town, right under everyone's noses. Possibly someone with deep emotional/mental problems who manages to keep themselves off the radar and out of suspicion. JMO

Right, I hate to think of her being "mistreated" and when I used that term, it was the kindest one I could think of. I know Louisiana is swamp land and the likely hood of finding her is difficult b/c of the swamp. -- this is considering her demise.

I tend to believe that the majority of sk's do not keep their victims long, they abduct them, and shortly afterwards they are found deceased, most of the time in rather obvious places.

I keep going back to the bike. It was left in a place most bodies were dumped previously. It is a symbol of her means to escape.

It is telling us something.

So for this reason, I believe it might be someone who either knew her, or loved her from afar. Be it a stalker, acquaintance, or friend. This kind of person would not just "get rid of her", or dump her- because they finally have her all to themselves-- and she has lost her freedom, and safety.

I believe she is being kept and the loss of freedom ( the bike) is a hint.

It's up to us to figure out where it is pointing to.

jmo

however, we always joke about siri on the new i-phone 4. when people in my mom's age group ask who is this siri, we start off by saying she answers your questions yadayadayada and then demonstrate by asking siri where a good place to dump a body is. she then maps and lists nearby dumpsters swamps etc. i wonder if Whiskey Bay exit is given by siri when you ask her that question around the saint streets.

Only one way to know for sure..... anyone have an I-phone who is local?

i CANNOT make sense out of the family not wanting ACI on the case EXCEPT for 2 reasons:

1) they have been disillusioned by LE and Abdella saying he'd ruin the case or put her in danger. to me, however, that would mean they got caught up in a bunch of egos. i have to believe that this family is not that small town and irrational. i'd also like to believe that LE and Abdella are not that egotistical. so I'm not into this theory, which leads me to another, but it's VERY far fetched and I can't find a motive for it

2) the perp has been in contact with the family and doesn't want ACI on the case, which is why they said ACI was putting her in danger. they seem to believe very strongly that she is still alive, which makes me think they have communicated somehow with whoever took her. this would also explain whey the police have been so quiet - maybe they are trying to cooperate with the perp? again, this is VERY far fetched, as I can see no reason for the perp communicating with them. there is no ransom etc. the ONLY thing I can come up with is the dad's job possibly having ties in energy, oil, etc. and they are using her to bribe the industry in some way.

i know this theory seems ridiculous, but it's all i can come up with for explaining why the family acting so harshly

That's true. And the fact that he doesn't have to, but only doing so at the request of the family is very honorable. I wonder though at what point would the safety of the community play a role here. I mean, my number one desire is to see Mickey return home safely. Then I can't help to worry, as a person who fits the demographics and physical characteristics of Mickey, that if this is indeed a serial criminal, and if LPD/Abdella are inadvertently letting clues slip by, who will be next or how many others will have to be victimized before others are allowed to help. It appears that this forum has gotten less attention since ACI stopped pursuing this case. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I know I'm not as dedicated to it as I was. He gave me a slither of hope and piece of mind that ALL avenues were being looked in to. I just don't understand.

Right, I hate to think of her being "mistreated" and when I used that term, it was the kindest one I could think of. I know Louisiana is swamp land and the likely hood of finding her is difficult b/c of the swamp. -- this is considering her demise.

I tend to believe that the majority of sk's do not keep their victims long, they abduct them, and shortly afterwards they are found deceased, most of the time in rather obvious places.

I keep going back to the bike. It was left in a place most bodies were dumped previously. It is a symbol of her means to escape.

It is telling us something.

So for this reason, I believe it might be someone who either knew her, or loved her from afar. Be it a stalker, acquaintance, or friend. This kind of person would not just "get rid of her", or dump her- because they finally have her all to themselves-- and she has lost her freedom, and safety.

I believe she is being kept and the loss of freedom ( the bike) is a hint.

It's up to us to figure out where it is pointing to.

jmo

BBM

forensics from the bike would be a start. which again we know nothing about!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

we don't know if they even processed the bike at this point. it was never spoken of again. or am i wrong?

It doesn't matter what they label it...a case is "cold" when new, promising leads stop coming in. I think this happens a lot sooner than people like to think, in most cases. Just because people call in "tips" does not mean they are anything remotely helpful. Lots of tips consist of suggestions and theories.

If the family is unable to pressure LE into keeping Mickey in the public eye after just weeks, then I don't know what chance they have...this case seems to already be at the stage of other cases that are a year old, or older...

JMO

No... it is cold when they stop actively investigating it, when they're not even opening the file to look at what they do have and the file goes into the bottom drawer or a box to gather dust. While it may look like the public and the media loses interest, that doesn't mean they've stopped working on it.
Sounds to me like they're still meeting every week to discuss strategies and go over details, so it's a far cry from being cold, IMO.
Personally, I don't think it's LE who are anxious to classify it as a cold case, it seems to be certain people that want to call it one because there's no new information coming from LE and nothing more to talk about.
Maybe they don't have new leads, or maybe they do and just can't talk about it. Maybe they've had to cut down the number of investigators actually working the case, and scaled back on searches... but I would bet they're still calling it an active case.

i guess all of the locals are busy watching tropical storm debby

there's no one here anymore :(

Maybe ACI is working the case and he can't tell us? Maybe the family told him to not discuss any of this on internet threads ..and we were bombarding him with many questions. He hasn't been around as much ..so maybe out investigating?

The family at first said that he could investigate the case ..but they didn't hire him..then turned around and told him not to investigate? Doesn't make any sense

i CANNOT make sense out of the family not wanting ACI on the case EXCEPT for 2 reasons:

1) they have been disillusioned by LE and Abdella saying he'd ruin the case or put her in danger. to me, however, that would mean they got caught up in a bunch of egos. i have to believe that this family is not that small town and irrational. i'd also like to believe that LE and Abdella are not that egotistical. so I'm not into this theory, which leads me to another, but it's VERY far fetched and I can't find a motive for it

2) the perp has been in contact with the family and doesn't want ACI on the case, which is why they said ACI was putting her in danger. they seem to believe very strongly that she is still alive, which makes me think they have communicated somehow with whoever took her. this would also explain whey the police have been so quiet - maybe they are trying to cooperate with the perp? again, this is VERY far fetched, as I can see no reason for the perp communicating with them. there is no ransom etc. the ONLY thing I can come up with is the dad's job possibly having ties in energy, oil, etc. and they are using her to bribe the industry in some way.

i know this theory seems ridiculous, but it's all i can come up with for explaining why the family acting so harshly

How many abduction victims have ever come back alive in the USA? The only ones I have ever heard of are Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart & Shawn Hornbeck (spelling?) They were all kidnapped as children by pedophiles...and never ransomed...so I really cannot imagine ANY situation where a perp had made contact with the family. Just not plausible....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3