LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my sons bday but Id gladly make it Mickeys coming home day. Think of you Mickey!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well at first i was thinking it might be someone kidnapping young blonds from college towns..but he probably wouldn't know about WB...that makes me think it is someone local.

Well at first i was thinking it might be someone kidnapping young blonds from college towns..but he probably wouldn't know about WB...that makes me think it is someone local.

He wouldn't have to know about WB. All he'd see is an exit off of I-10 that
is desolate and swampy.

From what i've been reading on this thread..WB is a dumping ground for a lot of things...including bodies a few years ago....how would a stranger know all that..and also it looks very dark there at night...i don't think a stranger in town would know his way around to just pick that exit. just my opinion though

I think it has got to be a local or someone in the general area that knows wb and has been there before..maybe fishing or something

From what i've been reading on this thread..WB is a dumping ground for a lot of things...including bodies a few years ago....how would a stranger know all that..and also it looks very dark there at night...i don't think a stranger in town would know his way around to just pick that exit. just my opinion though

RE: and also it looks very dark there at night

'Darkness is a predator's friend'..

I've seen a lot of that crap and, quite frankly, the race baiting rings hollow.

Why?

Because there are also white people who are missing, and whose cases haven't received this much publicity.

The simple answer as to why MS's disappearance has gotten more publicity? The efforts of Charlene Shunick, and her group of friends, and a host of volunteers.

They've worked tirelessly to get Mickey's name and image out in the public domain. That, in turn, has the public's eye sharply focused on LE who, in turn, had to step up early on and make sure the public knew their concerns were being addressed. Thus, the appearances on NG, JVM and other national shows; the slew of local media updates early on; etc.

All of that stupid "white girl" speculation is nothing more than gratuitous victim-mentality BS, and is transparent to any thinking person.

/rant
I saw one post on twitter that stood out, saw it early on and it had me following 3 people with an extensive social network. I saw enough things in a row that bugged me to turn to LE via email. I believe I saw an unsleuthable automobile from the front, I certainly saw a white GMC, a weapon, accessories for the weapon, references to AVIs(video files), references to good and evil, references to worshipping Satan, 'a condo in Florida that was ready', references to <modsnip.> I had a very hard time telling the difference between maintaining a rep and actually doing bad things. These were up all night guys, eating local to the area Mickey was last seen, access to many cars/trucks. Those comments and instagrams are mostly aged out of the system now. One of the reasons I'm wondering about LE is I wonder if they checked out my tip when it mattered. The day after I emailed campus LE and local LE, the lead detective said something about '2 people that don't know each other' had a description.. then nothing.

I've run these angles
1)a black gang
2)a white loner traveler
3)a drunk with multiple offenses
4)carnival workers
5)the police themselves via the roadblocks set up on May19th
6) a dishonest friend.

I'm not getting anywhere. I hope I'm one of the 'thinking persons'...

He could have driven in during the daylight with his plan to abduct. He sees the exit not long before driving into Lafayette. Good dumping ground and there's nothing that says it was dumped at night. In fact, there were some who said that LE had searched WB and say nothing and then the bike was spotted the next day or a few days later.

Aren't a lot of places in Louisiana like that? (no offense)

No offense taken, we live in a beautiful state with lots of wetlands.

darkness is a predator's friend'...well i guess to them that would be a good thing..because they definitely would never see the light of day if they ever get caught

Has anyone thought of looking at Craigslist for suggestive ads? I run a cleaning service, and have used it for new clients. At times, some of the ad's are suggestive and photos are even included.

I recently saw one in my area where the girl alluded to being a young model looking for spare cash, and was willing to clean homes. She went on to state she knew how to clean out barns as well. My mind naturally went to Mickey.

I know this is kind of out there, but do you think someone might take her and then try to sell her on an online message board such as this.

I can understand that the family is most likely reading, and I want more than anything for her to come home. I am sorry if this seems harsh, or upsetting. Perhaps we just need to troll other boards looking for answers as well.

It certainly cannot hurt.

I'm not getting anywhere. I hope I'm one of the 'thinking persons'...

If that part of my remarks was unclear, then let me clarify:

The whole "well that white girl is getting more publicity than a _____-skinned person would" mentality is a load of crap. MS's disappearance has gotten the publicity it has, thanks to the efforts of the previously-mentioned parties.

Fact is, I knew of MS's disappearance several hours before LE had even officially declared hers a "missing person" case. And that's because CS and company made it their point to effectively and efficiently utilize the power of social networking to get their message out. And as such, the person(s) trying to make a racial issue out of it is a <modsnip> of the worst variety. And thinking persons know this and see right through that entire line of BS.

And on a related note:

I've seen CS and the FMSN pages post Missing Persons alerts about others, as well. And I think it's wonderful that they're using their own self-created gravitas to help get the message out about others who are missing.

Let's all move past the "white girls get more attention" angle please.
this is an ongoing issue that surfaces in many cases but just has no place in this discussion thread.
I think if you do a search there is a thread discussing this issue and that is where that discussion should remain. Not validating it or invalidating it at all- just clarifying that this is not the place to have THAT convo.
thanks.

Everyday I hope to see something like "Breaking News: Mickey Shunick Found Alive"
I'm staying positive and hoping that we see that soon.

Has anyone local heard any news about the searches they had at wb this wk ?

I wish I could be much more specific, but there's something that's been troubling me and staying at the back of my mind throughout this search for clues to Mickey's disappearance.

I know of a Lafayette policeman who went out of his way to pursue a young blonde female friend of mine. She never pressed charges of any kind, but she moved out of town soon after. I use the word "stalk" because he drove up behind her at a gas station and basically began flirting with her. She asked if she'd done anything wrong and he said no, but he wanted to know her name and where she lived. She got home to the house she was sharing with a female friend, and the policeman showed up at her door later in the day!
He was roughly 35 years old, 6 ft tall, stocky, with dark hair and tanned complexion and she remembers his legs were kinda bowed. She was polite to him, but made it clear that she had a boyfriend. He still showed up again at her home to pursue her and she had to make it clear she was not interested in him. Every time she saw a cop car behind her in town she felt uncomfortable thinking it might be him.

I am in no way accusing this member of LE as having anything to do with Mickey's disappearance, just sharing this reminder that policeman are human and sometimes mix work with pleasure. Also, the fact that the girl in question was in her early 20's, blonde and pretty, and this all took place in Lafayette, is worth mentioning on this thread. I've also wondered if he was thrown out of the police force since that time, and for all we know, could be the cop impersonator who's been mentioned in recent stories.:what:

To keep everyone positive...maybe we could all give our opinions on how she could still be alive and brought back safely. we are all talking about her not being alive...lets do the opposite and see what we get?

It appeared that she went missing and was found quickly. She lived in an extended stay hotel, and rode her bike back and forth to work. Her bike was never found.

could her case be related to mickey's? maybe we've got a guy that is snatching girls off bikes in the south?

speaking of bikes, will we ever know if they got anything from mickey's bike? not necessarily what, or whose DNA, fingerprints etc, but just a yes we found something useful or no we didnt get anything. i'm starting to wonder if they goofed up in processing the evidence of the bike so they just aren't saying anything at all

To keep everyone positive...maybe we could all give our opinions on how she could still be alive and brought back safely. we are all talking about her not being alive...lets do the opposite and see what we get?

I believe she is still alive and being mistreated. I think all remote camps in the local area need to be searched. The simple reason behind this is that the bike was dropped at WB at night. Anyone of us who knows Lafayette know that only knowledgeable/brave *advertiser censored* folks will go down there at night.

and I am certain her bike was dropped under cover of darkness by a local who knows the area well enough to avoid detection, and who possibly had her nearby.

If we do start ruffling a few feathers and asking to view camps we have a better chance of ruling them out and possibly finding her alive.

Just thoughts... I could always be wrong, but boy would I love to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen