LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is possible. If that was the case, and it could very well be, someone has to be declared dead in order to get the policy. In this case, we have no reason to believe MS is dead, and neither does LE. A judge would have to rule, and this process is time consuming at best.

I do not think someone that young would take out a policy. Usually parents do that sort of thing. I know I have one for my kids, and I am the beneficiary. It is a standard small policy payable in the event of death, and only enough to cover expenses.

JMO and all that jazz...
La
A lot of insurance policies go until 21 years of age for children.
She also jumped horses which carries a higher risk of death and or injury than the normal person would have, including motorcylists.

I don't think it leads to violent behavior. I think it is a sign of future violent behavior towards other people.

One of the Macdonald triad... it's kind of outdated, but cruelty to animals along with bedwetting and fascination with fires were thought to be major predictors of serious criminal behavior later in life.

One of the Macdonald triad... it's kind of outdated, but cruelty to animals along with bedwetting and fascination with fires were thought to be major predictors of serious criminal behavior later in life.

Leaving out the bed wetting, I think it is still true, re: fires and animal abuse, if you mean starting fires. If it is outdated, it shouldn't be, it is just PC...

A lot of insurance policies go until 21 years of age for children.
She also jumped horses which carries a higher risk of death and or injury than the normal person would have, including motorcylists.

26 now. Healthcare reform act.

I have been thinking...about that security guard interviewed at the abandoned hospital. Is that on the corner of landry and st Mary? On google earth it looks as if the hospital is not directly on the corner but up a bit on St Mary. If he did know her that would mean that would be the route she most likely would have taken home. I studied the maps and imo the first shortest route home was straight down Congressional, then a poster informed me that immed area is unsafe and she probably tried to go around it. the second fastest route home would have been to turn right on St Marys because it is just a short ride up and then you are on Congressional. Is what I am saying accurate? Im in Calif so I can only glean info from the map. I looked at google earth and also viewed Beckybayou's video but the area near Congresssional near BW doest really look that dangerous from these perspectives.

Ok, I have an OT theory about the WT.... What if the driver hasn't come forward because he wasn't where he was supposed to be?! ie - wife/gf/s.o. didn't know they were out downtown?

I've posed that theory and variations thereof (including the possibility of having said side piece in the vehicle with them); and also posed the theory that perhaps the person who hit MS was wanted (warrant); or in possession; or driving with a suspended license; etc. Entirely possible.

JMO...I just don't think they would do a special dive for things like a backpack that may or may not be there...dives are dangerous and expensive. They dive for people and for weapons, mostly, and if they happen to find other things, so much the better. But what could they really learn from a backpack that had been in water for a month, that would be helpful? Not much, JMO...not enough to make special searches for it.

I think that training dives could be true to an extent but that having them dive where they also want extra eyes to search for Mickey would only make sense.

JMO

Keep in mind this is Louisiana bayous we are talking about. The water is dark brown with lottle to no visibility. If eyes can see much I would be very surprised.

Leaving out the bed wetting, I think it is still true, re: fires and animal abuse, if you mean starting fires. If it is outdated, it shouldn't be, it is just PC...

Yes. I do mean starting fires. Late bedwetting is very troubling but it can be because of other reasons/problems. It's outdated because we have the diagnosis of conduct disorder that includes a broader range of symptoms and is more inclusive for troubled kids who may just not happen to do all of those three things.

Keep in mind this is Louisiana bayous we are talking about. The water is dark brown with lottle to no visibility. If eyes can see much I would be very surprised.

Right but I am guessing that when they are doing real searches, they are diving from sonar images, looking for things/shapes they picked up on camera. I don't really think they would dive just to "look around" for inanimate objects, i.e. backpacks, etc...too dangerous and costly.

Yes. I do mean starting fires. Late bedwetting is very troubling but it can be because of other reasons/problems. It's outdated because we have the diagnosis of conduct disorder that includes a broader range of symptoms and is more inclusive for troubled kids who may just not happen to do all of those three things.

My only point is that if a child is starting fires and killing animals...there is a serious problem, not something he/she will "outgrow" on their own. Obviously my opinion only.

But...if anyone there in Lafayette happens to know someone who was killing animals and starting fires twenty or so years ago...may be time to take a second look at that person and try to find out where they were on the night in question...

My only point is that if a child is starting fires and killing animals...there is a serious problem, not something he/she will "outgrow" on their own. Obviously my opinion only.

But...if anyone there in Lafayette happens to know someone who was killing animals and starting fires twenty or so years ago...may be time to take a second look at that person and try to find out where they were on the night in question...

Oh, I agree 100%! Those are serious problems that should not be ignored.

I went look at it today as well... related or not, the location of it is just plain creepy!!

How long does graffiti generally stay up in Lafayette? In Sacramento if the property owner doesn't paint over it pretty quick, the city will do it and send a bill to the owner. They don't match the paint, they just cover it with whatever they have.

How long does graffiti generally stay up in Lafayette? In Sacramento if the property owner doesn't paint over it pretty quick, the city will do it and send a bill to the owner. They don't match the paint, they just cover it with whatever they have.

It looked to me like the building was for sale or lease. I think they painted over the old graffiti when they put the building on the market. That may leave the real estate agent knowing when the graffiti was done.

I have been thinking...about that security guard interviewed at the abandoned hospital. Is that on the corner of landry and st Mary? On google earth it looks as if the hospital is not directly on the corner but up a bit on St Mary. If he did know her that would mean that would be the route she most likely would have taken home. I studied the maps and imo the first shortest route home was straight down Congressional, then a poster informed me that immed area is unsafe and she probably tried to go around it. the second fastest route home would have been to turn right on St Marys because it is just a short ride up and then you are on Congressional. Is what I am saying accurate? Im in Calif so I can only glean info from the map. I looked at google earth and also viewed Beckybayou's video but the area near Congresssional near BW doest really look that dangerous from these perspectives.

I wondered about that straight shot, myself.

Not sure. Only a guess.... until it fades away?? What I've seen seems to stay or at the least a very long time. Think I like Sacramento's approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne