LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, and a little different, except for my mother.

My eldest brother has had significant mental health issues for decades. He went missing for about 10 years.

My mother became ill & died during that time and she talked about not knowing how many living children she was leaving behind. It pained her greatly, he's her firstborn.

I may never completely forgive him for that.

When these missing cases go on & on and drift off the radar, I always think about the mothers not knowing how many living children they have.

The most basic question - how many children do I leave behind? Going to their graves without knowing.

It's heartbreaking.

You sure we aren't related? You just explained my BIL and MIL. She died not knowing if he was alive or dead. He recently found my DH on Facebook.. I would never willingly do that to my parents. And he had no reason to either.

I am certain it would be much closer than the scenic detour I just took which landed me blocks away. :giggle:

I will blame it on another blonde moment...

Can you see the red X I have marked for BW's house clear enough? Is that about where his house is or is his house on the other side of the street?

Can you see the red X I have marked for BW's house clear enough? Is that about where his house is or is his house on the other side of the street?

Couldnt see it until you pointed it out, but his house is on the other side

I have been thinking...about that security guard interviewed at the abandoned hospital. Is that on the corner of landry and st Mary? On google earth it looks as if the hospital is not directly on the corner but up a bit on St Mary. If he did know her that would mean that would be the route she most likely would have taken home. I studied the maps and imo the first shortest route home was straight down Congressional, then a poster informed me that immed area is unsafe and she probably tried to go around it. the second fastest route home would have been to turn right on St Marys because it is just a short ride up and then you are on Congressional. Is what I am saying accurate? Im in Calif so I can only glean info from the map. I looked at google earth and also viewed Beckybayou's video but the area near Congresssional near BW doest really look that dangerous from these perspectives.

Although Congress may be the shortest route, it is not safe at 2:00a.m. Considering the percentage of vehicles with drivers under the influence at bars' closing time, and the fact that there is no bike lane on Congress, I think she tried to avoid it as far as she could. Also, from what I've read about her bike, I think she had racing tires. This would make it very difficult to ride on the sidewalk because at most of the intersections with side streets, the sidewalk has a rough drop off. With the tires she had,I think she would have had to ride directly in the traffic lane. She probably figured it was safer on side streets with much less traffic. So that leaves St Landry, in front of the creepy hospital. I can't see how she did this on a regular basis. I get a weird feeling riding in front in the daytime.

where is this pacman graffiti located in relation to the circle k?

It's far from the Circle K, but it's about 50 yards away from where she started from, BW's house. I think the grafitti has nothing to do with any of this. I'm just answering the question.

Yes I can so thank you !!

Not truly sure what to make of this but feel it does deserve a second look at. Another one of things in this case that has simply made me go hmmmmmmm.

sorry but the tone of the thread was getting me very depressed tonight....

I totally understand....... Had to take a lil respite from the forum a couple of times. I had problems sleeping cause kept trying to come up with ideas to locate Mickey or wondering what she went thru.

May guardian angels :angel:watch over her and lead us to bring her home. :peace:

Although Congress may be the shortest route, it is not safe at 2:00a.m. Considering the percentage of vehicles with drivers under the influence at bars' closing time, and the fact that there is no bike lane on Congress, I think she tried to avoid it as far as she could. Also, from what I've read about her bike, I think she had racing tires. This would make it very difficult to ride on the sidewalk because at most of the intersections with side streets, the sidewalk has a rough drop off. With the tires she had,I think she would have had to ride directly in the traffic lane. She probably figured it was safer on side streets with much less traffic. So that leaves St Landry, in front of the creepy hospital. I can't see how she did this on a regular basis. I get a weird feeling riding in front in the daytime.
BBM
Can you explain why you think that Mickeys bike had "racing tires" what exactly they are and why they would make it difficult to ride on the sidewalk?

The fix it child wants to change reality by only thinking positive thoughts even if they are invented. that child will never allow anything negative to be said. If you say
"it" it's true. So only say what you want to be true and therefore change reality. Get rid of the negatives by ignoring them and reinvent reality by substuting the negatives with overly positive fantasy. it's a coping mechanism to deal with all of the emotional abuse they have experienced in the family unit. they are trying to create the family they deserve, rather than dealing with the one they have. The one with the very dark secrets.

Okay locals, give a WS'r a hand here. Your best shot on what street she was 'disappeared' on (phrase we used in Kyron's case). Describe the folks who live around there if you can.

Yes I can so thank you !!

Not truly sure what to make of this but feel it does deserve a second look at. Another one of things in this case that has simply made me go hmmmmmmm.

Yeah, red sucks, re- did it a little better. So, his house is on the opposite side of Ryan? His backyard doesn't bump up against the end of that building, correct? Now, is that the area where people park and sit around and watch people go by? BW and Mickey would have driven right by here to go to Taco Bell, and came back this way, too? To eat at BW's house?

I just know how smart mouthed some young people are that do that in front of a local fast food place on the "cruise" here in town, and even if you try to be polite and ask them to clear a path for your car, they will flip you off, scratch your car...etc.. just thinking if somebody felt a little ten feet tall and felt like picking on a young guy and girl who just wanted to go eat, and then saw her alone and leave on her bike at almost 2am...and thought he would "settle up" any disrespect he/she felt? We've had three people chased down for blocks and then shot in the same type of scenario starting with a few disrespectful words at our local fast food place so it's not impossible in my mind.

Attachments

• Graffitti.jpg
    Graffitti.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 42
I am not sure what parallels there are? I am not seeing any.

Also, as far as the white truck...LE never said they had stopped looking for it...the articles about the searches these past two days are the only recent articles, really, so the fact that the media mentioned the white truck does not have any forensic significance to me...just that they are restating that the truck has still not been found.

JMO

To reveal the parallels would be in violation of TOS rules, sorry..

And, that would most likely be a family member....not going there. :tsktsk:

Earlier someone posted asking if we thought she left on her own and maybe took out a policy and listed a friend as beneficiary. What I assumed from the post was the theory was she left with the friend that could have been listed as a beneficiary- to have money to live off of. I could be wrong with my assumptions. I just don't think they were insinuating the family had anything to do with it like that.

ETA: the post upthread i'm talking about:
I wonder if Mickey had a life insurance policy she took out herself and if it had a beneficiary other than her family. Sometimes you can get those polcies pretty cheap as a student.

Just trying to look at all sides of the coin.

Earlier someone posted asking if we thought she left on her own and maybe took out a policy and listed a friend as beneficiary. What I assumed from the post was the theory was she left with the friend that could have been listed as a beneficiary- to have money to love off of. I could be wrong with my assumptions. I just don't think they were insinuating the family had anything to do with it like that.

I wonder if Mickey had a life insurance policy she took out herself and if it had a beneficiary other than her family. Sometimes you can get those polcies pretty cheap as a student.<br />
<br />

On that same note, I wonder who is taking care of her animals including her horse, and did anybody go ahead and sell the horse she was trying to sell? If it was sold, who handled that and is anybody holding that money for her? Just curious..

And, that would most likely be a family member....not going there. :tsktsk:
Maybe, maybe not. I have personal experience with a 18 year old kid who bought life insurance for himself and named another person as the beneficiary. They conspired to fake an accidental death by staging his car going into the Sacramento river. They were going to split the proceeds from the life insurance policy. The only problem was that the co-conspirator decided to strangle the policy holder and throw him into the river after they staged the accident. That way he would get all of the insurance money instead of only half. A CHP investigation and the coroner put the murderer in prison for life.

I would be very surprised if someone sold the horse in the past month. Usually, making a video of a horse is one of the first things you do when trying to sell one. You may not even have a prospective buyer yet. Then, there are test rides, a vet check-up, possible negotiations, etc. Especially if the horse is a bit pricey/valuable like people have said it is. I would be somewhat suspicious if someone took the time to do all that in the first month after she went missing.
I am assuming family or her stable family are caring for all the animals. I bet they miss their mommy though :(

Earlier someone posted asking if we thought she left on her own and maybe took out a policy and listed a friend as beneficiary. What I assumed from the post was the theory was she left with the friend that could have been listed as a beneficiary- to have money to love off of. I could be wrong with my assumptions. I just don't think they were insinuating the family had anything to do with it like that.

I wonder if Mickey had a life insurance policy she took out herself and if it had a beneficiary other than her family. Sometimes you can get those polcies pretty cheap as a student.<br />
<br />

Mickey Schunick's future as an anthropologist, which she had worked years to accomplish was too bright to risk in an insurance scam, imo. There are no indicators that this scenario is plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx