LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my pic the side panels look smooth. No bumpers (?) on the side. Plain.

I can't tell from that pic, but if they are smooth its a model year prior to 2007. The previous model did run from 89 to 06 with grill, bumper and trim changes. If you google those years you can see fenders and beds are virtually unchanged. You might see a wheel well flare on some that can be ordered though.

/Please note that part, a small part, of the 07 model year when the new body style was introduced, the previous mode body style was also called an 07 and badged as a Silverado Classic. Probably because Chevrolet had some of the older body style that weren't sold yet. So short version is don't get confused if you see an 07 Silverado that doesn't look like the newest ones and the one that is headed in the same direction as Mickey. I know, its complicated.

And even if your DNA has been taken, it might take years for it to be put into CODIS.

Anthony Allen Shore had his DNA taken when he was convicted of molesting his two daughters. Between the time it was taken and being submitted into CODIS, he killed at least 4 women and girls. Finally, once it was in, they got an immediate hit.

I simply can't imagine why it would take so long. The procedure has been trimmed down to a matter of a month or so. Gov't wastes billions of dollars you'd think just doubling or tripling this capability for a short time to catch up would be minimal cost comparatively and could save hundreds, if not thousands, of lives.

she simply states it comes from a camera miles north from the circle k. She won't specifically state which street or building. She won't state if she's handed it over to LE. It doesn't look like the DWT anyway. This video could be from anywhere and anytime. It's so grainy it's almost useless. the whole thing has about 100 pixels in it. I suggest we move on.

I highly second that suggestion.

LA

1989 novel about a serial killer (Rules of Prey) John Sandiford.

I have read many of the prey novels. John Sanford study serial killers before writing his novels?

Foxfire,

From your expertise and knowledge in missing persons cases, do you think it possible that Mickey could have been taken out of the country?

I know that there are some cases dragging on for decades where this has been seriously questioned, because although the abductions were local, there were visitors to local areas that had international ties.

I believe this should seriously considered in many of these missing cases. If anything, the FBI should be looking into this.

LA

MLE, imo commerce is the primary reason that there is silence in missing persons cases after the first couple of days or weeks. Pressure from the financial & political leaders. They simply want it to go away..

It is primarily the missing person's family that has to keep it in the media and demand that resources are made available in the investigation.

I am speaking from experience. I actually had the president of the Chamber of Commerce/Real Estate Broker call and threaten me for a missing person editorial placed in the local rag. Next thing I knew three Sheriff's cars was pulling in my driveway..

I agree police and politicians cook the books on local crime statistics. I just don't think one person getting killed affects tourism in a meaningful way.

Just this morning, I was reading this article: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/bittaker_norris/1.html

It stated: Southern California is Psycho Central. The region has earned its grim reputation the hard way, producing a full ten percent of the world's identified serial killers between 1950 and 2000.

Yet, between 1950 and 2000, few places in the world attracted as many visitors as southern California.

Conversely, the parts of the world where most Americans are terrified to go often have some of the lowest amounts of violent crime.

I have read many of the prey novels. John Sanford study serial killers before writing his novels?
He was a criminal journalist, so I assume he is familiar with LE and crime scenes, but in the end he is still a fiction writer.

LOL :floorlaugh::maddening:

LOL. Thats good FoxFire. Really good.

*Wind, Wind Wind*"Hello Sarah? This is Sheriff Taylor Oh yeah, yeah we're all fine. Can you get me Goober down at the filling station?"

I'm sorry, but I really feel we could use a little levity in here. I gotta get to that grass now, but I'll try to get back to answer what I can and can't about trucks. I'm also sorry my posts wind up so long, but there seems to be a lot of questions as I read and I'm trying to address all of them.

Honestly though I don't feel like we need to look at any other truck as VOI. Its known what it is and LE identified it. Just nobody can find it. I know theres not much to go on unless a picture or video shows up of a truck that needs to be compared to the VOI. I'm happy to answer any questions, but I really don't see a need to try and identify the truck in question anymore IMO.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to believe, but from my experience and as an owner, its just like the one I posted earlier. 4 doors, with the same rims, black door handles and black mirrors, lower trim covering both doors same color as truck. Z71 sticker upper left or right depending on which side of truck you're looking at. Z71 sticker has a smaller 4x4 in lower right of it , and is under and intergrated with the 71 only. Z is larger than than the 71. I say that so no one is fooled by the ones bought at auto parts stores. May or may not have steps. Maybe print out the picture and carry it with you? There is a lot of them, but one of them may have witnessed something. Just something could help. This girl had such promise in her life that it brings tears to my eyes as I type it. Just a damn shame.

Seems to be a fairly popular misconception about WB and fishing. True, that exit sees lots of fishing-related traffic. But WB proper (the swift-moving river, not the work canal at which a public boat launch is located) is not much of a fishing hotspot. At all. You may remember Chicken Fried's map which demonstrated the difference between the boat launch area and the area where the bike was found (directly beneath the WB bridge, roughly half a mile from the boat launch).

Second, regarding your "bike would have been found much sooner" comment: again, there was a precipitous drop in water level over the course of the several days which transpired between MS's disappearance and the time the bike was discovered. Given that it was found "partially submerged", it's easy to see a scenario where it was, at the time it was dumped, *fully* submerged and, with the passage of time and the dropping of water levels in WB, revealed itself concurrent with said water levels dropping.
Is that verified resident drinker? :)

He was a criminal journalist, so I assume he is familiar with LE and crime scenes, but in the end he is still a fiction writer.

Yep, and we all know the difference between fiction & reality. Fiction has to make sense..

Haven't caught up yet on the threads-but I wanted to get these posted. These are pictures from LCG building, Down St. Landry to Colesieum, past Sorority row, and then I went back and got St. Julien. When I uploaded these to photobucket, they put the first pictures on the last page. You have to start at the end then go forward to get them in sequence. I'll fix it eventually:)

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp175/Ivorywolf2002/St%20Landry%20St/

Haven't caught up yet on the threads-but I wanted to get these posted. These are pictures from LCG building, Down St. Landry to Colesieum, past Sorority row, and then I went back and got St. Julien. When I uploaded these to photobucket, they put the first pictures on the last page. You have to start at the end then go forward to get them in sequence. I'll fix it eventually:)

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp175/Ivorywolf2002/St%20Landry%20St/
Speaking as a non-local, I can't imagine anyone riding a bike in any of those areas at 2am. They look desolate, even in the daytime. At 2am, I would be very afraid.

One thing I have wondered about.... Brettly said Mickey did not drink that night because she was nursing a hangover from the night before. How much did she drink the night before to still be sick the next night?

And as a side note, I really think it needs to be brought to the forefront how bad of an idea it is for college students (or anyone really) to be drinking heavily. It shouldn't be brushed off as "one of those things college kids do." It isn't safe nor healthy and it isn't ok.

It really depends on the person. I can have one drink and be sick for 3 days. So I don't even have to get drunk at all to suffer. MS may have been the same. We just can't make assumptions

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Speaking as a non-local, I can't imagine anyone riding a bike in any of those areas at 2am. They look desolate, even in the daytime. At 2am, I would be very afraid.

I'm a male and I wouldn't ride four miles through there at 2 a.m. unarmed even for $800.

Checking for news for the news thread and sadly don't see anything recent.

This case seems to lack spokes people. Thinking back to Sierra Lamar's case, the Sheriff's office had two people who gave press briefings.

Media attention is important in solving Mickey's case IMO since I believe her attacker(s) were unknown to her. I believe it was more than one person, just like in was for Dana Ireland
http://karisable.com/crdanai.htm
and just like in her case I believe the thugs had no connection to her, simply saw a pretty gal on a bike.
That's what makes this a difficult case, and it comes down to something being seen by a surveillance camera or a person.
Odds are whomever did this, has done something prior that was reported to LE, but what that something was may have been played down, or reported simply as some kind of mischief...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3