LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bike wasnt thrown over the bridge, then would the perp have to go in the water to place it where it was found? Would someone do that in the darkness with all the gator talk?
would the truck possibly get stuck if it tried to go into the water?

I keep thinking about the suspicious fire and the pressure washers being stolen. Maybe someone had alot of WB mud on their car and it needed an intense cleaning. maybe the car parts were a distraction to what was really coveted.
is there a way for the water company to see if anyone in the immediate area use more water than normal during this time period? then match up high users with vechicles owned?

Regarding BW, I am now under the impression that he had no idea which way M would take nor did they talk about it that eve. He just speculated later on. Am I correct? I am not sleuthing him but if it was not a random abduction he could hold the key and not even realize it.

I haven't been keeping up, so I apologize if this has been covered a thousand times -

Lots of people may have been in town for graduation weekend and then left.

A relative of a friend or acquaintance of Mickey's brother who'd seen her at school functions through the years. Came in for graduation, was gone by Sunday. With or without Mickey.

There could be a peripheral creep who's only randomly in town. An out of town relative of someone who doesn't appear connected in any way.

It would be nearly impossible to establish that kind of connection without evidence.

Regarding the lack of communication, I've had instances where I'd make tentative plans with friends that werent followed through on by either party. Saturday was to be a pretty busy day for MS, so it's likely the plans were, "if you want to/have time to/are feeling up to going to the stables, let me know and we can go together." I know I've made similar arrangements many times, and didn't think twice about not hearing back because I assumed they were busy or what not and viceversa. For me, personally, it's not a situation that would immediately set off alarm bells and raise red flags.

agreed. and i recall charlie phoning bretley around 8or 9am am a little after the mother noticed mickey wasn't home and they couldnt reach her cell. if he was up until 2am, he was probably awoken with this call, hence he didnt call to go to the stables. even if mickey wouldn't have gone missing, i doubt the stable plans would have ever taken place before the graduation considering they were still awake at 130am. she wouldn't have had time to go to the stables AND dress for the graduation etc unless they were planning on going at 6 in the morning. doubt it.

O/T...If you multi-task and watch TV while on Websleuths....

Serial Killer "Ted Bundy" is just starting on "OWN" (Oprah's Network)" Under the show "Deranged"....I was in my 20's and living in Tallahassee when he was captured and tried! My Ex. was a Sheriff's Department employee during this time!. This is Real Life for me! Ugh...

Dear God...PLEASE Bring Mickey Home To Those Who Love Her!!!

What is LE supposed to do? If a person is abducted at random by a stranger and no body is found and no personal property with foreign DNA is found, they are relying on someone who is going to randomly call in a tip. Even if foreign DNA is found, that doesn't mean they will be able to match it to anyone.

LE is under no obligation to tell the public anything because that could potentially compromise the investigation. If you look into other cases of stranger abduction, you will see that information isn't released sometimes for DECADES.

they still need to address the locals to let us know that they are TRYING. they haven't said ANYTHING about this case since the truck press. which was very vague and crappy considering all the white trucks around here. they need to be more clear. and if they don't want to clarify the truck or can't clarify the truck, they should at least tell the people something along the lines of "we are doing all we can yadayadyada..." the silence makes me think that they aren't even trying at all anymore or that someone on the inside is involved in some way - especially when you throw in the harshness that was thrown at ACI. I'm telling you, I feel like we are dealing with small town small minds and I LOVE Lafayette, but this is outrageous!!!

If the bike wasnt thrown over the bridge, then would the perp have to go in the water to place it where it was found? Would someone do that in the darkness with all the gator talk?

I keep thinking about the suspicious fire and the pressure washers being stolen. Maybe someone had alot of WB mud on their car and it needed an intense cleaning. maybe the car parts were a distraction to what was really coveted.
is there a way for the water company to see if anyone in the immediate area use more water than normal during this time period? then match up high users with vechicles owned?

Regarding BW, I am now under the impression that he had no idea which way M would take nor did they talk about it that eve. He just speculated later on. Am I correct? I am not sleuthing him but if it was not a random abduction he could hold the key and not even realize it.

I keep reading about a fire and a pressure washer stolen. can someone fill me in on this? Haven't read this elsewhere... :confused:

I believe the bike was thrown off of the back of the bridge pillar at Whiskey Bay. Having been there myself, that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

There is no way to back a truck down to the water there, or even an ATV - a very steep drop-off - and the gravel/hard-dirt parking area above the drop-off would show very little in the way of tracks, IMO. I believe that LE mentioned the tracks as a way to give out a piece of info that probably wasn't of much use to them, but to answer questions as to why they thought it was put there from land, not from the bridge. It was dry until a few days after her disappearance, and then it rained, and the combination of the parking area + the subsequent rains makes me believe they got nothing from any tracks they found.

agreed. and i recall charlie phoning bretley around 8or 9am am a little after the mother noticed mickey wasn't home and they couldnt reach her cell. if he was up until 2am, he was probably awoken with this call, hence he didnt call to go to the stables. even if mickey wouldn't have gone missing, i doubt the stable plans would have ever taken place before the graduation considering they were still awake at 130am. she wouldn't have had time to go to the stables AND dress for the graduation etc unless they were planning on going at 6 in the morning. doubt it.

The plan to go to the stables and take pictures seems like a late-night plan to me, made by tired people, that was iffy from the get-go. Probably Brettly didn't hear from Mickey to wake him up, and so he slept, and didn't bother to call. Just a guess.

I'm not from Lafayette, but I live in a smaller town about an hour and a half east of it. Lafayette and my city have similar business industries. For the non-locals, LOTS of companies in this area issue white trucks as company vehicles and to further that, many of them are purchased from and registrered in Texas. I don't think some of you realize exactly how common they are around here. As an expiriment, I took 10 minutes of my drive home from work last Friday to count white trucks. In that 10 minute span, I counted 70 white trucks. (After 10 minutes, I got bored). Again, I live in a city smaller than Lafayette. But that may be a jumping point on locating the vehicle. Start trying to find out which companies use that specific model/type of vehicle as their company vehicles...that is if we could ever get a definitive answer on what model/type vehicle we should be looking for.

Would this small town be before baton Rouge or after?
Thank you.

The plan to go to the stables and take pictures seems like a late-night plan to me, made by tired people, that was iffy from the get-go. Probably Brettly didn't hear from Mickey to wake him up, and so he slept, and didn't bother to call. Just a guess.

It's also possible that when Mickey was first discovered missing in the morning, by her family, they called Brettly to find out if he knew where she was. He may have been alerted to her disappearance by that phone call and so logically would have known her plans with him were off. Or, were Brettly and Mickey planning on meeting prior to 8am?

Thank you.

South East of Baton Rouge. The name of the city is Houma. Most people know Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette. We are kind of in the middle of all three. Actually if you look at the map, you might think we were in the Gulf :)

sendMap.asp
Thank you.

Map where Houma is in relation to the three main S. Louisiana cities.

Many of you are asking about A.C.I. He has asked me to tell you that Mickey's family has asked that he, ""stop all web presence" and to not talk about the case.

Feel free to contact him and he will discuss what he can.

http://www.averlock.com

Mickey's mother also told me she will not be posting on Websleuths any more.

We did not officially verify her as Mickey's mother but I confidant it was her. However it's up to you how you want to judge her posts on Websleuths knowing that she was not officially verified.

Mickey's family has refused my invitation to be guests on my radio show. The family feels it would be "foolish" to appear on my show.

Their private investigator appeared to be open (at first)to the suggestion of coming on my show on Sunday June 24th to discuss Mickey's case but then he called me at 5:30 AM last Friday June 22nd and said he would not appear. He refused to give me a clear reason as to why. It was a very short conversation.

I want everyone to understand something. When a family is dealing with the nightmare of a missing loved one they are flat out crazed with grief and fear. The way they act might seem strange to us but we are not in their position.

One minute they are living their life like they always have and the next they are thrown into the spotlight while dealing with their loved one vanishing.

Today that spotlight not only includes TV and print media but the social media as well and we all know how quickly things can spiral out of control with the social media. Unless you have experience with this type of media it is very difficult to deal with.

Please do not judge Mickey's family for their refusal to appear or to post. They are dealing with every one's worst nightmare at the moment.

I would like them to know that Websleuths.com and Websleuths Radio will always be here for them and for Mickey and will be glad to help in any way we can.

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com

Amen.

I can't quite imagine the range of emotions with which they're being faced on a daily -- even hourly -- basis.

At the end of the day, the Shunick family owes none of us anything. They didn't ask for any of this. At all.

If you're reading, Nancy, know that your family remains on our hearts and minds.

hmm i can't see how this could possibly be linked to MS?
Pressure washers could wash away evidence, a fire could destroy evidence, and the parts that were taken could replace damaged parts or parts with evidence on them.

wow. that's all I can say.

Still praying for Mickey everyday.

hmm i can't see how this could possibly be linked to MS?

Some people wondered if the car parts were to be used for repairing a car that had been in an accident and the pressure washer was to clean out any forensics left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3