LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all sick of the truck talk, but by process of elimination, it really shouldn't be THAT hard for LE to find that truck. I know we all see tons of white trucks in the area. BUT, not many are 4 door Z71s. I see more 4 door fords etc and Chevy 4x4s. There aren't nearly as many z71 stickers as there are 4x4s.

So, If they TRY, they should be able to find the DWT.

....and there are not many (I bet) with a yellow tool box hanging on the passenger side bed....with lettering that might just indicate it's origin.

Regarding the lack of communication, I've had instances where I'd make tentative plans with friends that werent followed through on by either party. Saturday was to be a pretty busy day for MS, so it's likely the plans were, "if you want to/have time to/are feeling up to going to the stables, let me know and we can go together." I know I've made similar arrangements many times, and didn't think twice about not hearing back because I assumed they were busy or what not and viceversa. For me, personally, it's not a situation that would immediately set off alarm bells and raise red flags.

I can understand that, but when it's late and you know a friend was not feeling well and took off on a bike in the dark requesting a text is not a bad idea. Everyone texts, it's quick and you really do not have to think about saying here or home and hitting send.

IMO it's just the right thing to do, and if I would not have gotten one I would have attempted to check on my friend. Not sleuthing anyone, just stating what my little circle does.

Often, LE will announce to the public various things to watch out for, i.e. a person who has quit their job or not shown up after the crime, has changed their habits, been acting oddly, sold a vehicle, been seen cleaning one, etc...but have not heard LE do this, with Mickey's case.

I recall an early description of the truck owner by LE, as 'someone accountable to no one for their time, and not a worker but a boss.' Short bed truck.. you can't fit 4x8 wallboard on the flat, nor plywood. You can bring the workers.

I can understand that, but when it's late and you know a friend was not feeling well and took off on a bike in the dark requesting a text is not a bad idea. Everyone texts, it's quick and you really do not have to think about saying here or home and hitting send.

IMO it's just the right thing to do, and if I would not have gotten one I would have attempted to check on my friend. Not sleuthing anyone, just stating what my little circle does.

It's a little demanding of Mickey's time to squeeze in some horse activity before a graduation ceremony, isn't it? I'll bet the music was loud and BW just never heard what Mickey said about what she was doing the next day.

In practice I ask for a 'let me know when your there text'. That's just me tho.

I know we are all sick of the truck talk, but by process of elimination, it really shouldn't be THAT hard for LE to find that truck. I know we all see tons of white trucks in the area. BUT, not many are 4 door Z71s. I see more 4 door fords etc and Chevy 4x4s. There aren't nearly as many z71 stickers as there are 4x4s.

They are checking out those trucks. A man my husband works with, and has for 15 years, has a White Z71. He was stopped by LE, and they checked out him and the truck. It was about a week and a half ago. I didn't know this until yesterday, when I took my husband to work. He is in no way implicated and wasn't in the area that night.
Although he is middle aged, graying hair (more salt than pepper), and heavy set.
This may be what they are looking for.:dunno:

I haven't been around too much lately. I took my son to NO yesterday, and he took his flight to SanAntonio today. He is now in the AirForce.:)

I agree, but it seems something more a mother would ask of a child, or adult friends of each other, rather than a young person of a friend. They still feel invincible, and believe their friends are too.

You have me thinking out loud. If I was the person involved.

Would it be giving him to much credit. If using a vehicle that blended in well with the area was something he contemplated? Could he/they/she used that particular vehicle because there are so many, if seen they would have literal thousand or more to look at that pertain to a white 4 door truck? They may have over looked the small detail of z71 that separated them from the vast majority. Or do you consider it to be a little luck on there part by using such a popular vehicle?

And another thing. If you were the person responsible. And you heard them asking about your vehicle. Would you call them and tell them you have a vehicle like that, but it was not you in the area that night. Or would you remain silent and wait and see if they find you and ask why you didn't notify them when hearing the report about your vehicle? Would you answer I did not hear about the report?

I don't live in that part of LA, but did participate in searches in that area. Bayou Road South runs along the river with numerous homes and camps and lots of wooded acreage.

Thank-you very much. That was very informative.

Brutal Bayou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk67wXqDX2k&feature=youtu.be

Phelps travels to the Deep South to investigate the murder of 8 girls over 4 years. But a maverick private investigator, multiple persons of interest, and rumors of police corruption make this case murkier than a Louisiana bayou.
watched it. illuminating. there are parallels, but these victims are opposite of Mickey, starting with what side of the tracks she's from. How about all those white Silverado crew cabs! I stopped counting after 5.

They are checking out those trucks. A man my husband works with, and has for 15 years, has a White Z71. He was stopped by LE, and they checked out him and the truck. It was about a week and a half ago. I didn't know this until yesterday, when I took my husband to work. He is in no way implicated and wasn't in the area that night.
Although he is middle aged, graying hair (more salt than pepper), and heavy set.
This may be what they are looking for.:dunno:

I haven't been around too much lately. I took my son to NO yesterday, and he took his flight to SanAntonio today. He is now in the AirForce.:)

If true what you have posted. As far as what the friend said.
That makes me speculate a z71 hit her. I don't believe they would be stopping persons like this, just to see if they may have witness something, if they were in the area that night.
Any thoughts anyone?

....a few thoughts...
it wouldn't make much sense for someone from the immediate area (layfayette)... to dump the bike where it was found and then drive back home... (with, presumably Mickey)..
it makes more sense for a "perp" to ditch the bike and "keep on going"....
LE has stated that the bike was damaged - you would think that a DUI person would be more sloppy if they were trying to cover "the scene"...
This was probably well scripted before hand and planned to take place on whatever night Mickey (unfortunately) played into their hand....I think that this was definitely a case where she was unknowingly stalked from afar and that the perp patiently waited until he felt the time was right to act...
it is too tidy a crime for it to be a drunken accident or a "crime of opportunity"...MOO

3 DWTiq on Delmar STL Mo in the hot summer sun. 1 with the tool box.
I never saw this truck before May25th. Now it's the only truck I see.

I'm glad ppl have piped up about the tool box in the Mickey way truck.
I thought they meant the usual diamond stamped contractor tool box that trucks have in the very front of the bed and underneath the rear truck window. Am I correct in saying the z71 also has a tool box that runs along the right wheel well? Those aren't for contractor tools, are they? I'm not familiar with these. I'd like to see one. I can't make visual sense out of the right rear wheel well area of DWTiq.

I've never thought the other way truck was the same vehicle, I haven't spent much time sleuthing it.

The silence of LE lets mean phantoms take shape and occupy the nothingness.

I wonder if that was a carnival truck or something with what looked like those weird faces on the wheels. It couldn't be someone hiding under the truck. Where would their bodies fit? That sure is weird if pixels caused those appearances. Maybe our eyes are just playing tricks on us.

....a few thoughts...
it wouldn't make much sense for someone from the immediate area (layfayette)... to dump the bike where it was found and then drive back home... (with, presumably Mickey)..
it makes more sense for a "perp" to ditch the bike and "keep on going"....
LE has stated that the bike was damaged - you would think that a DUI person would be more sloppy if they were trying to cover "the scene"...
This was probably well scripted before hand and planned to take place on whatever night Mickey (unfortunately) played into their hand....I think that this was definitely a case where she was unknowingly stalked from afar and that the perp patiently waited until he felt the time was right to act...
it is too tidy a crime for it to be a drunken accident or a "crime of opportunity"...MOO

From what I could tell there are no u turns made on the I10.
To go back west you need to take an exit. But that would be risky if you did that and planned on going back into layette. If she was seen by someone being abducted, there's a chance LEOs would have been swarming in the area looking for a white 4 door truck.

But one thing the person knows. They were not seen and called in on.
She was reported missing the next day.

Someone posted they searched the 121 exit and south. So they may-have or had thought down the same lines. they being LEOs.

Hi! I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone checked local classified ads for white trucks for sale?

I recall an early description of the truck owner by LE, as 'someone accountable to no one for their time, and not a worker but a boss.' Short bed truck.. you can't fit 4x8 wallboard on the flat, nor plywood. You can bring the workers.

Sure you can, all you do is put the tail gate down instant 8 foot bed. The you tie it down. Now I wouldn't over 10 feet. I use one with a 8 foot bed for that. Anyway just because its a fancy pick up doesn't mean its not a working blue collar person. Or they may just have one truck for riding and one for working.

I just keep stewing about the family's response to ACI and their apparent refusal to speak out about Mickey at this point. <modsnip>

Saying the driver of the white truck is responsible, LE is just throwing out random things.

Saying that someone is accountable to no one for their time. Say the person is a contractor working out of town, which is very common these days....they may have a family back at their actual home, but most contracting companies will pay for a hotel room if you are working out of town for any period of time.

And saying they are not a worker, but a boss, is also absurd. Contractors generally make pretty good money. Skilled and non-skilled labor in my area pays at least $10/hr and they usually work at least 6 days per week and at 10-12 hours per day. So, it wouldn't be too big of a stretch for a laborer to have an expensive vehicle.

I just keep stewing about the family's response to ACI and their apparent refusal to speak out about Mickey at this point. <modsnip>

I admit that I'm not happy with anything I read in that post and understand your frustration. At the same time I realize I have to respect the families wishes and it's JMO, but I wouldn't think about them being involved. It might also be against the rules.

/At the same time, don't shoot the messenger please.
//Just in clarification I do not mean your post nutkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagguk