LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACI do you think they will ever find Mickey? Or will this just be another cold case? I'm sick of investing so much time into this case. I have just finished my exams (or finals you call them) I barely studied I was here reading all these posts. I'm frustrated and now angry that you have been asked not to post here! Should we all just give up? This isn't what I want but seeming no one is acknowledging the public and then ACI is being asked not to post I just don't know what to do! This is starting to affect me. Frustrated!!! Find Mickey

in the back seat? I'd love to see a picture of the front of the road work sign, because I think it may be a reflection of it in the rear passenger right window, with the luminance coming from the gas station.

l.jpg

ACI do you think they will ever find Mickey? Or will this just be another cold case? I'm sick of investing so much time into this case. I have just finished my exams (or finals you call them) I barely studied I was here reading all these posts. I'm frustrated and now angry that you have been asked not to post here! Should we all just give up? This isn't what I want but seeming no one is acknowledging the public and then ACI is being asked not to post I just don't know what to do! This is starting to affect me. Frustrated!!! Find Mickey

You absolutely should not give up. Nor should anyone else. I agree, the case is being handled poorly as far as the public is concerned. But a community drawn together for a common goal is still a very powerful thing. Just because Im not on the case anymore doesn't mean anyone and everyone emotionally invested in this should stop looking or caring. Because IMO that's what is going to eventually resolve this case. The community...the public. The millions of eyes and ears in the streets.

I just keep stewing about the family's response to ACI and their apparent refusal to speak out about Mickey at this point. <modsnip>

Maybe just some peace from not having to fan out and monitor all the airwaves? Perhaps the desire for emotional self-preservation knowing that any tips here and there will be channeled through LE or their hired PI? Probably nothing more.

So that truck has 4 ft of space between the 8wheel wells and you can fit sheet rock on the flat with the gate down. That's a nice truck. There is something about the square shape of the wheel well that looks like it comes out a little (a lot?). I would like to see an image of the toolbox package over the passenger side rear wheel well.

l.jpg

Yeah you can put 4 ft wide in them. The tailgate is also rated for the weight despite the cable system on it. You are correct the wheel wells do come out just a little and and are indeed squared off. I suspect that is how they get the 4 ft clearance. IIRC the bed is not quite 6 feet. With the tall tailgate you get your 8.

It would be nice if the family had a spokesperson. I respect and admire everything Charlie has done from Day 1 and continues to do, but she's Mickey's sister and the emotional toll has to be overwhelming by now. I think Brettly was sort of speaking on their behalf at the beginning too, but I think someone older than Brettly who knows the family, but is not related, or is more distantly related, could serve as a good liaison with the public.

Yeah you can put 4 ft wide in them. The tailgate is also rated for the weight despite the cable system on it. You are correct the wheel wells do come out just a little and and are indeed squared off. I suspect that is how they get the 4 ft clearance.
l.jpg

so you don't agree that the squared of wheel well contains a tool box? I'm not saying that's what I think, I'm just repeating what I've heard here. Thing is, I've seen a lot of these trucks in real life over the last few weeks, and they don't square like this one does. This rig looks D-Lux, even for the Z71 series.

I have google imaged the bejeezus out of toolboxes, sign holders, steps, etc. that hang over the side of the truck and I can't find anything that looks remotely close to that! Homemade? Anyone else have any luck?

I'm getting the feeling that would be the family's preference, sadly. But I find it strange that FB is apparently okay in their minds. I avoid FB as much as possible in general. Posters on FB can be vicious and out of control. We have tight moderation here and a lot of members with great experience in criminal justice.

It's a shame because many crimes really are solved by the public. If anyone missed Foxfire's posts about the Rogers family murders by Oba Chandler, that's a great case in point. That case was cracked by an average citiizen.

This case has played out differently on the web though...for all intents and purposes there is a singular Facebook site that the family runs and keeps very tight control of, which I think is a good thing. They allow comments but don't let anyone other than the site admin to post new threads. So, in comparison, Websleuths, even with it's heavy moderation, has seemed like the wild west of internet discussion about Mickey's disappearance. And Mickey's Websleuths threads, with their influx of new posters, have been more out there than the discussions around other cases (although it can vary a lot from case to case) and more prone to having moderators step in regularlly. So...

...like Tricia said, Mickey's family is new to dealing with the attention a missing loved one garners and they are under an extreme amount of stress. They are doing what they feel is right in a very strange and difficult situation. I think we should definitely cut them a whole lot of slack.

I hope they get answers soon but we know that life does not guarantee us answers when we want or need them. As Tim Miller said, they are on God's time. I know that from personal experience, the times when you feel like you are in limbo can play out more like marathons than sprints. Maybe in the future they will see things differently and feel like they should have been more open about accepting outside help, maybe they won't. The wisdom of today is not always the wisdom of tomorrow. But they are doing what they think is best now and they are the ones truly affected by Mickey's disappearance. She is their Mickey.

I have google imaged the bejeezus out of toolboxes, sign holders, steps, etc. that hang over the side of the truck and I can't find anything that looks remotely close to that! Homemade? Anyone else have any luck?

looks like a good place for motorcycle tools. or something small.

A spokesperson would be great the family is amazing especially Charlie and I'm sure there is a reason why they have asked ACI not to post we understand that and we stick by them and pray and pray and pray that they did Mickey ASAP but they also need to understand although we don't know Mickey personally we have grown to know her and the family throughout this case and we all want the same thing. Teamwork is the answer here. And someone posted earlier about who we are? Do we have to start giving out information? I'm from Australia in Melbourne I'm going into my final semester of nursing so I completely understand the need for confidentiality but would a press conference by someone not hurt? To let the public know that this case is still being investigated! We are not asking for leads or information we just want to know that everything possible is being done to find Mickey!

This case has played out differently on the web though...for all intents and purposes there is a singular Facebook site that the family runs and keeps very tight control of, which I think is a good thing. They allow comments but don't let anyone other than the site admin to post new threads. So, in comparison, Websleuths, even with it's heavy moderation, has seemed like the wild west of internet discussion about Mickey's disappearance. And Mickey's Websleuths threads, with their influx of new posters, have been more out there than the discussions around other cases (although it can vary a lot from case to case) and more prone to having moderators step in regularlly. So...

...like Tricia said, Mickey's family is new to dealing with the attention a missing loved one garners and they are under an extreme amount of stress. They are doing what they feel is right in a very strange and difficult situation. I think we should definitely cut them a whole lot of slack.

I hope they get answers soon but we know that life does not guarantee us answers when we want or need them. As Tim Miller said, they are on God's time. I know that from personal experience, the times when you feel like you are in limbo can play out more like marathons than sprints. Maybe in the future they will see things differently and feel like they should have been more open about accepting outside help, maybe they won't. The wisdom of today is not always the wisdom of tomorrow. But they are doing what they think is best now and they are the ones truly affected by Mickey's disappearance. She is their Mickey.

I stand by my comments that FB gets crazier than WS on a regular basis, even in Mickey's WS threads. But I definitely cut the family slack. I'm not angry with them; I'm just sad that they seem to be shutting down the public's help at this time. I'm not local so no personal offense is taken by their actions, but an awful lot of locals have put a lot of time and thought into finding Mickey. For every crazy wild post I've read here the past 5+ weeks, I've seen just as many dedicated posts from Lafayette citizens who have walked the walk and physically searched for Mickey.

My heart breaks for the family.

Waiting79 Here are the dimensions.

Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Short Box 4WD
Length (in.) 69.30
Width at Wheelwell (in.) 50.60
Width at Wall (in.) 62.40
Depth (in.) 21.00

So I get 90.3 inches. Little longer than I remembered. Ignore that it doesn't say Z71 as its only an accessory package.

Fb is social media gone wrong! It makes stalking easier I recently deleted it I had people adding me I didn't know and it began getting creepy when people started knowing every detail of my life from a profile it is bad news

I am a newbie here as far as finally registering, but came here when Kelli Bordeaux went missing near where I live, and I found this case while looking around the site. I have read pretty much every post since thread 1, and have seen great thoughts from so very many dedicated and caring people. Unfortunately, this case has gone from upwards of 600 members and guests reading to under 100 now. I know many stopped following or posting due to frustration that virtually no info has been released, and what little bit that has been released has been hashed, rehashed and hashed again, over and over ad nauseum it seems. And yes, some theories are a bit out there, but honestly, any discussion is better than none, imo, as long as it doesnt break TOS. I, for one, finally joined because I see so many people bailing on this case. I think Mickey needs for this case to remain active, and I will not be discouraged from offering any thoughts that I may have that will bring her home. I hope and trust the rest of you won't give up on her either.

Fb is social media gone wrong! It makes stalking easier I recently deleted it I had people adding me I didn't know and it began getting creepy when people started knowing every detail of my life from a profile it is bad news

I absolutely LOVE facebook. It's much easier to follow people when they tell me where they're going all day :D

I am a newbie here as far as finally registering, but came here when Kelli Bordeaux went missing near where I live, and I found this case while looking around the site. I have read pretty much every post since thread 1, and have seen great thoughts from so very many dedicated and caring people. Unfortunately, this case has gone from upwards of 600 members and guests reading to under 100 now. I know many stopped following or posting due to frustration that virtually no info has been released, and what little bit that has been released has been hashed, rehashed and hashed again, over and over ad nauseum it seems. And yes, some theories are a bit out there, but honestly, any discussion is better than none, imo, as long as it doesnt break TOS. I, for one, finally joined because I see so many people bailing on this case. I think Mickey needs for this case to remain active, and I will not be discouraged from offering any thoughts that I may have that will bring her home. I hope and trust the rest of you won't give up on her either.

:wagon:

Well if that were the case, I could have been asked nicely....you know, rather than publicly insulted by libelous comments. ;)
But it's all said and done with. Back to sleuthing you sexy sleuthers! :detective:

I think when you look back at all of this, you’ll be proud of your investigative efforts and completely understanding of statements that (today) appear to be brusque from folks who are enduring unimaginable pain.

BTW — fabulous website design. :star:

So that truck has 4 ft of space between the wheel wells and you can fit sheet rock on the flat with the gate down. That's a nice truck. There is something about the square shape of the wheel well that looks like it comes out a little (a lot?). I would like to see an image of the toolbox package over the passenger side rear wheel well.

l.jpg

Hello....can anyone else see the gold tool box hanging on the rear passenger side of the bed. This is not a black and white picture....my opinion. I think this is simply a picture that is taken at night...so you might be able to see some green in the grass and the yellow/gold toolbox. Thanks

Facebook is terrible.

Here is a scenario:

I go out to dinner and my waitress is incredibly rude to me. I have her first name and live in a relatively small town. I go home and look her up on Facebook. Now, I also have her last name, many pictures of her which might give me clues as to where she lives, potentially her phone number, and hey, she checks in everywhere she goes.

See how Facebook can go bad really quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee