LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually happened in another case I was following here and I would be very sad if it happens to Mickey's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111981&highlight=beth+bentley

On another note, someone in that thread (Post #20) details their own abduction and I wonder if something similar happened to Mickey.

Thank you for sharing this. It really is sad to see people give up hope on a missing person. I just read Post #20 on the thread you linked to, and it is a very insightful and important reminder of how a victim of abduction can be held for some time, then escape and live to tell the tale! It gives everyone hope. Thanks again. :seeya:

l.jpg

so you don't agree that the squared of wheel well contains a tool box? I'm not saying that's what I think, I'm just repeating what I've heard here. Thing is, I've seen a lot of these trucks in real life over the last few weeks, and they don't square like this one does. This rig looks D-Lux, even for the Z71 series.

No I don't think they contain a tool box built into the bed. If you mean a tool box built into the raised part of the wheel well inside the bed, the one in the pic is too far back. To me that object looks like its in the left rear of the bed and against the tailgate. Kinda like a crate or box in the corner? The wheel wheels are definitely squared off if you mean the outside. Thats a chevy trademark. As far as D-Lux it is the LT model. Upgrade is an LTZ. I'll try to hotlink a pic of wheel wells. I posted a side view of an identical truck at two different angles and a picture of an alloy wheel earlier in the week.

That actually happened in another case I was following here and I would be very sad if it happens to Mickey's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111981&highlight=beth+bentley

On another note, someone in that thread (Post #20) details their own abduction and I wonder if something similar happened to Mickey.
I don't feel that it's really on "another note", but very relevant, and anyone who thinks the thread should be closed should read it. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this or not, but I've copied Auramyst's comment: "When I came back from vacation and found Beth's thread shut down, I was devastated.

Some supposed 'concerned citizens' have shut down a potentially effective avenue that could lead towards Beth's recovery. Basically, their callous actions have victimized Beth. All of us are fortunate enough to be able to continue with our daily lives, while Beth remains alone and missing.

Several years ago, I was the victim of a stranger abduction. I was walking home from a friend's house when I was kidnapped at gunpoint. He forced me into his car, onto the floor and covered me with a blanket. He drove for a while and threatened me the whole way. Once we got to his destination, horrible things happened to me. I was eventually released in a strange city, and was able to return home.

During my absence, the police focused on my best friend (the last person to see me) and my immediate family. Meanwhile, I was being held against my will by a total stranger and being raped repeatedly. I was very, very scared, alone, and lost in the world. I prayed that someone would find me and rescue me.

My point is that IF Beth is being held against her will, she's feeling very, very scared and alone. There's no way to describe the feeling of knowing that your life is in danger and NO ONE knows where you are.

To those desructive people who managed to get this thread shut down: Now is not the time to play immature games. A woman's life could be at stake. This is not a reality show, this is REAL LIFE. Any forum that could lead to Beth's recovery is helpful and necessary. I guarantee that right now Beth doesn't care what positive or negative facts come out. She doesn't care what anyone has to say about her lifestyle, her choices, and her actions. She just wants to be found and returned to her family. She doesn't care if every skeleton is dragged out of her closet and scrutinized by total strangers, if that's what leads to her recovery then so be it. She sure as heck doesn't care. She just wants SOMEONE, ANYONE, to find her and bring her home.

When/if Beth is brought home, she will learn about what happened during her investigation. She'll see the FB pages and she'll see the WS pages.

She'll know who helped and who hindered. She'll be astonished and very upset to see how some people acted. AND she'll be very grateful to those who were really trying to put the pieces together.

For all we know, Beth DOES get to see these pages. It has happened in other missing person's cases where the missing person has had limited access to various media.

Tricia, although I didn't see the last thread, I completely understand your position. There are very few rules on your site and they all boil down to: "Have good manners and be nice to each other". It's too bad that there are people who can't see the world beyond themselves. They are so petty and narrowminded that they have to use a FORUM ON A MISSING WOMAN as a platform for their own delusions of grandeur.

When the mods have to become babysitters while a few people act like 4 year olds, then it is time to shut things down.

thank you, Cubby (and all the mods), for all the time and effort you put into moderating those difficult threads.

I do appreciate everything this site does and I will continue to follow other missing persons cases. Hopefully, there will be new information and Beth's thread can be reopened for discussion. If it is, I'll be there."

Actually, I read that someone is being charged with crimes relating to Beth's disappearance now...it is not believed she is alive, but she has not been found, missing over 2 years now...

I don't think we can quote from Facebook here.

You can link the official Facebook page and quote the original posts made by the administrators; the only rule regarding it is no discussion about (or quoting!) comments made by others frequenting the page.

HTH :)

Wanting only the PI they hired working on their case....okay, I can understand that BUT asking ANYONE to""stop all web presence" and to not talk about the case is a different story all together. If it weren't for people talking about the case on the internet there would be NO talk about Mickey at all. When Mickey comes home I hope she never googles her name. Finding out that your mother had turned away offers to help bring you home and that your family refused an invitation to discuss their missing daughter on a radio talk show....saying they felt it would be "FOOLISH"....I can't even imagine how much that would hurt.

When Mickey comes home, I doubt that googling her own name will be high on her priority list somehow. However, I agree with you that ALL the offers of help in finding her should be grabbed with both hands, but we need to respect the wishes of her nearest and dearest and stop arguing over this. I thought it wasn't to be discussed any more. JMO

There have been a few cases on WS that have been shut down; Natalee Holloway and Maddie McCann (reopened recently) are two big examples. The moderators will stop discussion on a case if people aren't following the rules, and it takes too much effort to watch the discussion. I heard Natalee's forum was closed because people were bashing the victim. :(

The "Find Mickey" posters are a great visual tool in grabbing people's attention, but this needs to be backed up with more coverage on TV.

I'm thinking it would be a great idea to have Mickey's sister, Charley, do a re-enactment of her sister's bike ride at the same time, and on the same route, filmed by TV cameras, in order to jog people's memories and put the spotlight back on this case and also on the area.

Someone somewhere knows exactly what happened to Mickey and where she is - and it's time to fess up! :slap:

I really don't want it to be shut down, I think like other have stated, that I need a little break too. Not a break of sleuthing, but a break of reading. Some posts are frustrating me.

PS: I always thought that another guy was on the loose killing women, I think the majority were done by DTL, but someone else was killing as well.

There were two other SKs in the BR area at the time and for a little after DTL's arrest:
Sean Vincent Gillis http://blogs.discovery.com/bizarre/2008/07/baton-rouge-ser.html
and
Jeffrey Lee Guillory (he actually lived in Lafayette)
http://www.wbrz.com/news/suspected-serial-killer-faces-lafayette-trial

For some reason, after DTL was caught, everyone sighed a breath of relief yet these guys kept killing for years after....

I totally understand how you feel, but I honestly don't think you'd be saying those words if Mickey was your daughter or sister or best friend. We should NEVER give up sleuthing until she is found...not EVER. JMO
Praying for Mickey and her family :heartbeat::please::heartbeat:

Eavesdropping, I understand the frustration of being at a standstill on finding Mickey. :maddening:
I also agree with mamacat to never give up.

I believe the slow times may be where we can pause and have greater time to listen to our inner thoughts and hunches. It may be time to regroup and ponder on the facts and some of posting we've read to hear our new creative ideas on locating new clues and facts. Let's rest and repair and come back refreshed to "Sleuth On"
I continue daily praying for Mickey and her family. May God Bless Them. :angel::angel:

A.C.I.
I read your posts for the first few weeks and was impressed with your cleverness and caring. I do not know why this has happened with the investigation. Hopefully there will be a day that we can be told the reason...
Hope you are well.
If I ever go missing people will be calling you! And you can say anything over social media that might help me. You can tell all of the juicy parts to our fellow sleuthers and they can have some laughs while they look for me.

in the back seat? I'd love to see a picture of the front of the road work sign, because I think it may be a reflection of it in the rear passenger right window, with the luminance coming from the gas station.

l.jpg

Bingo! I'm guessing it says "bump" but yes, I absolutely believe it to be reflection of the sign in the window. Good catch! and it makes sense, matches up.

I totally understand how you feel, but I honestly don't think you'd be saying those words if Mickey was your daughter or sister or best friend. We should NEVER give up sleuthing until she is found...not EVER. JMO
Praying for Mickey and her family :heartbeat::please::heartbeat:

Eavesdropping, I understand the frustration of being at a standstill on finding Mickey. :maddening:
I also agree with mamacat to never give up.

I believe the slow times may be where we can pause and have greater time to listen to our inner thoughts and hunches. It may be time to regroup and ponder on the facts and some of posting we've read to hear our new creative ideas on locating new clues and facts. Let's rest and repair and come back refreshed to "Sleuth On"
I continue daily praying for Mickey and her family. May God Bless Them.:angel:

I have google imaged the bejeezus out of toolboxes, sign holders, steps, etc. that hang over the side of the truck and I can't find anything that looks remotely close to that! Homemade? Anyone else have any luck?

What about a truck bed bike rack and the rear tire was damaged trying to get it out in a hurry. . . Just a thought.

looks like a good place for motorcycle tools. or something small.

I just showed this picture to my son and his opinion is that it appears to be a mechanics paint saver mat. Used to keep from scratching the paint on the vehicle. ?????

What about a truck bed bike rack and the rear tire was damaged trying to get it out in a hurry. . . Just a thought.

I think your idea is interesting! Not exactly sure what kind of truck bed bike rack you are thinking of, but here is one type, that could cause rear wheel damage I guess if it was taken out too quickly or at the wrong angle:
30.jpg

So heres a pic of the outside. Really squared off is probably no the right description. I would go with horizontal at the top. I know what you mean, but everyone might not.

http://www.dickinsontruckequipmentinc.com/images/201234TonChevyLongBox-lg.jpg

This is LTZ interior. Much fancier than mine. Outside differences are chrome door handles, chrome mirrors and I believe chrome tailgate latch.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=chevy+truck+bed+interiors&view=detail&id=019668EC6342AA62D756BD16A3A5879FFE18165C&first=421

Is this your tool box possibly?

http://www.tool-boxes.net/images/products/vertically-driven-wheel-well-truck-bed-storageice-chest-for-fullsize-trucks-model-31400.jpg

Hard to see in this pic, but inside wheel wells are horizontal at the top also. I hope this helps you find what you're looking for.http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gm+pictures+of+chevy+truck+bed+&view=detail&id=72AD38EAF054C55323888D23B7DBDE05AB00B06A&first=246

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw