LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A taunting action...or trying to divert interest in that area instead of locally? Maybe they were feeling pressured because of the media attention on the vehicles and felt this development would be more attention-grabbing?

On an unrelated note, there is a rental house a block over that was recently (2-3 weeks ago) moved into. I drove by today and the tenant was washing the heck out of an extended cab white Chevy...tons of cleaning products being used and it just seemed excessive to me. I reported it as a tip, though I'm probably just being paranoid. I hope tips start leading somewhere soon!

Mmhmm, could be that as well. Unfortunately, we can't get into the mind of the person that took her, but speculation can lead to great observations. Both are possibilities.

I don't think you're being paranoid. Maybe it will pan out, especially since the tenant moved in recently.

No, don't laugh too hard, but it's actually a website devoted to conspiracy theories etc. etc. Not really a site that deals with missing persons or crime. Someone posted a thread about Mickey Shunick on the 21st and this particular person responded with this:

<modsnip>.

While I'm skeptical too, that gives me the heebie-jeebies. I think you should call it in as a tip just in case. In the off chance or .00001% chance it is connected........

For what it is worth, we have seen many types of cases where FBI are called in almost at once, whether or not there seems to be any reason to think state lines have been crossed. LE is becoming more willing to ask for and accept help from other agencies, it seems. It does not have to mean anything specific. I see that many cases where I live involve FBI almost immediately, no matter what type of cases they are. It could be due to cutbacks in regular LE; they need more bodies, more resources. JMO

No, don't laugh too hard, but it's actually a website devoted to conspiracy theories etc. etc. Not really a site that deals with missing persons or crime. Someone posted a thread about Mickey Shunick on the 21st and this particular person responded with this:

<modsnip>.

OMG...I had mentioned McDaniel earlier on in the thread, but in a different context.

FWIW...Websleuths unearthed McD's posts on another site. They are currently being used in his pretrial hearings.

From http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...IKE-FOUND?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

"About 50 yards from where investigators worked on Sunday, a missing persons flier bearing Shunick’s description and photo was taped to the pole of a solitary stop sign. Thousands of such fliers have been posted all across Acadiana and the surrounding areas in the past week as hundreds of friends and volunteers took part in the search."

This gave me goosebumps! Was it put there after the flier was posted? Seems like person posting it would have seen the bike.... Makes me think this is taunting or a distraction.

I'm sure that while posting signs, they would have seen it....I have a bad feeling that this was a recent planting of evidence. People have been posting fliers all over the state, and even in other states. :( I sure hope that LE knows more than they're letting on.

Well... because travelling from Lafayette to that location would require them to travel East. If they passed up the exit and doubled back (west-bound) LE would indeed have more to go on being that the truck would be spotted more than once.
Sorry, I thought you were referencing the next intended destination (whatever that may have been) after dropping the bike.

Your clarification makes sense, but I'm not assuming that they did the most logical or smart thing... ;)

I need to defend my vision
Go in fear of websites where the writer uses the term "my vision," lol.

Also, with that kind of stuff, just include the link and not the verbiage. If it's a link WS doesn't allow, it will come up as something like xxxxx.xxxx when you post it. And you'll know it's verboten.

When the mods walk amongst us, that sort of post will be taken down. So others should learn to recognize the iffy posts and not quote it in reply, as then the mods have to do even more work taking the replies down.

I do love that sort of thing, though! Read it with much interest. But it's not for WS.

While I'm skeptical too, that gives me the heebie-jeebies. I think you should call it in as a tip just in case. In the off chance or .00001% chance it is connected........

I agree. Yes, you should.

Hi, I have posted to these forums before during the Somer Thompson case. I haven't been on here since then, but I was drawn to this case from another site I frequent, so I decided to check and see what's being said over here. Here is the deal. There is a person on this other site that seems to know way too much. They said look for a white ford before the photos were released and they said she was driven to a secluded place, along with her bike near water. It's kind of creepy the stuff this person is saying.

I'd call it in. Let LE check the site and track the person down. Might be innocent, in which case LE will quickly move on, or it might be "the tip" that solves the case.

Call it in.

She was napped by a man in a white pickup, her bike was thrown in the back, she was driven to a secluded dark location near water and, well, if I continue, you fairy tale religitards will explode and I don't feel I need to defend my vision to any weak fairy tales trying to act outraged that their view will be trampled.

She is dead and will be found in water face down.

That's realy uncool. The family is checking this blog, and you just make a completely speculative comment, using a declarative, and showed your butt to the world. Have some consideration, whoever you are.

Wait, I apologize. Now I see you were QUOTING a very callous statement.

My apologies.

OMG...I had mentioned McDaniel earlier on in the thread, but in a different context.

FWIW...Websleuths unearthed McD's posts on another site. They are currently being used in his pretrial hearings.

I don't mean to go off topic, and I'm sure that it's a long story, but this piqued my interest. What is this McDaniel case that you speak of?

But makjang, I don't know what I would have done in the store to give you "the willies" - except look rough and dirty from work and maybe unshaven. I'm fighting a lot of medical problems and live alone so I don't always shave, but I'm an OK guy. I'm the kind of guy that if your kid disappeared, I would go looking for him/her.

It's OK. I know I don't always look as presentable as I should. Usually too busy fixing something to think about it.

Chicken fried, I don't know why, but this kind of made me laugh. I'm sure you don't give anybody the willies! :)

And sorry about the medical problems part--hope everything is ok!

Just came inside from some work. Wanted to post that the reason I think it's important to find the car is NOT so much that it's the perp//// remember that the truck is the one that turned around. The reason the car is important is that it may have passed the point of abduction right about when it was going down, if the suspicions raised by the camera images are valid.

We're looking for a WITNESS in that car, hopefully. And why look for the car? It's more distinctive and easier to find. And so playing the easier card has an outside chance of finding a witness in the Cadillac who saw something, which may may it easier to narrow down the search for the white truck, among thousands.

By the way, just so you know, that Caucasian guy who got into the lighter colored land-yacht who "gave you the willies" was probably me. I'm the only Caucasian I have seen in the whole city driving one, and I shop at Albertson's a lot, usually at night. I look rough quite often when I go in there - usually working in the dirt on some car or working on something else at the place, and I'm tired at the end of the evening and my hair is standing up and full of auto grease and my clothes all dusty....

So, try not to get sidetracked. My car is a '78 Lincoln with opera windows in the rear pillar and the car in the photo is a Cadillac. It would cost the police wasted man-hours to check me out.

My car is silver. Now, if you saw a beat-up "land yacht" that was a Cadillac, with body work on the right rear, then that may be the car.

Funny I had to say that, but it's a small town, and I do drive a beat-up land-yacht, and no sense us going in circles.
I apologize. Knew I shouldn't have posted about that.

ok I give up. What do you see? lol

Well, it's dark now, so not much of anything but white moving lights and lots of pitch blackness. Earlier, after the announcement about her bike being found, though, there was a lot of people coming and going, and you could see the vehicles parked under the eastbound bridge. Also, you could periodically see people walk over to the water area in the median, then go back to the eastbound bridge.

Welcome to WS! :seeya:

Thanks! I don't know how much help I'll be (I'm right there along with wfgodot in usefulness, but it's something I'm definitely interested in, FWIW. I just wish I'd had a less sad reason to be here in the first place, KWIM?

I don't mean to go off topic, and I'm sure that it's a long story, but this piqued my interest. What is this McDaniel case that you speak of?

Lauren Giddings. Prepare to read for a very long time.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142747"]Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The "other site" postings are here (only available to members at WS): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147948&highlight=opchan

From http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...IKE-FOUND?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

"About 50 yards from where investigators worked on Sunday, a missing persons flier bearing Shunick’s description and photo was taped to the pole of a solitary stop sign. Thousands of such fliers have been posted all across Acadiana and the surrounding areas in the past week as hundreds of friends and volunteers took part in the search."

This gave me goosebumps! Was it put there after the flier was posted? Seems like person posting it would have seen the bike.... Makes me think this is taunting or a distraction.

Apparently the bike was surrounded by trash, there was a statement made about that. I think it was on the KATC website.....something the LE spokesman said.

I know that I have passed people in stores that have given me "the willies." It is not generally related to their looks or clothing or cleanliness. It is just an instinct and I always pay attention to my instincts. If I am wrong, oh well. But, if I am right, I may have avoided something terrible. And generally, I will just avoid going near the person again in the store. Not that I'd give them dirty looks or cause a scene or anything.

But makjang, I don't know what I would have done in the store to give you "the willies" - except look rough and dirty from work and maybe unshaven. I'm fighting a lot of medical problems and live alone so I don't always shave, but I'm an OK guy. I'm the kind of guy that if your kid disappeared, I would go looking for him/her.

It's OK. I know I don't always look as presentable as I should. Usually too busy fixing something to think about it.

I truly apologize. I'm generally super paranoid, and that's probably all it was. I was EXHAUSTED that evening, and I likely just overreacted (in my head).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx