LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube video

This is the video we took this morning. I hope it's not too rough, and I hope it gives you guys a better idea of where everything is.

Thanks for taking and posting the video! It's helpful to see the area. It doesn't sound like Mickey would have ridden all the way down St. Landry. I'm thinking more and more that she cut over to Azalea. I don't think she would have wanted to pass by that abandoned hospital at night. Are there security cameras anywhere on Azalea?

I agree.

I have done it, here are 3 girls who need to be brought home to their loved ones. :(

attachment.php

Who is the third girl? Do you have a link on her case?

Thank you. I think it was about egos also. Unfortunately. and less than a week into a massive search effort. I should be less sensitive. Part of me is actually scared that there could be copycat stuff going on; hey he is getting away with so could I...scary.

Folks, HERE is a poster I just made... with photos of the Oldsmobile 98.... the "Caddy."

Please feel free to print it out. I am going to start my e-mail now to Lafayette Police with the photos and explanation of why it's an Oldsmobile 98, not a Caddy.

Notice that I Photoshopped the body damage. Also, the color of the car IS the exact one I've seen around Lafayett for three years.

If they look for the car in my poster, it's either the one in the surveillance video, or he'll likely know if there's any other Olds 98 of that vintage in town.
Poster-Olds98_sh.jpg

That is definitely that car I've seen in town. Many thanks to whichever poster posted the link to that image, because that is the exact color of the car I've seen.

I'm 100% sure. Also 100% certain there were no flyers. And it IS beautiful. Maybe not right off of the interstate, but in the WMA. It's a bottomland hardwood. There are a lot of people I guess that don't think they are that beautiful, which is why they are disappearing. I love seeing wild turkeys, rabbits, deer, awesome neotropical birds, etc. all living together.
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/2763

That area may be beautiful for some, for many it has a grotesquely tarnished image thanks to DTL!

Thanks for taking and posting the video! It's helpful to see the area. It doesn't sound like Mickey would have ridden all the way down St. Landry. I'm thinking more and more that she cut over to Azalea. I don't think she would have wanted to pass by that abandoned hospital at night. Are there security cameras anywhere on Azalea?

The only reason I could see her going down St Landry was to get to Coliseum, which could take her to the bike path on Johnston Street or to the well lit Cajundome Blvd and area. I don't know.... it makes no sense to me to go any way other than straight up West Congress to get back to Governor Miro Road, where her parents are.

I didn't see any security cameras on Azalea (doesn't mean they're not there, though), but I did see a LOT of cameras along St Landry, including cameras at Martin & Castille, so I'm hoping that there's some footage out there that LE has and are withholding.

Folks, HERE is a poster I just made... with photos of the Oldsmobile 98.... the "Caddy."

Please feel free to print it out. I am going to start my e-mail now to Lafayette Police with the photos and explanation of why it's an Oldsmobile 98, not a Caddy.

Notice that I Photoshopped the body damage. Also, the color of the car IS the exact one I've seen around Lafayett for three years.

If they look for the car in my poster, it's either the one in the surveillance video, or he'll likely know if there's any other Olds 98 of that vintage in town.
Poster-Olds98_sh.jpg

nice poster/flyer, hopefully it'll help.

That is definitely that car I've seen in town. Many thanks to whichever poster posted the link to that image, because that is the exact color of the car I've seen.

I work in Carencro, so I'll use my lunch hour to hit up the various stores around here to get these fliers up...Carencro is as likely of a place as North Side Lafayette to see a car like this. I'll try to leave work a bit early and go down Moss St. and the Thruway to distribute as well--if I can't make it today, I'll use my lunch hour tomorrow to do so.

I'm wondering if anyone is monitoring the traffic cams on katc's web site. The other girl who came forward said the driver told her he likes to cruise around. It could be one way of spotting one of these vehicles.

:wagon:

Who is the third girl? Do you have a link on her case?
The third girl in the picture is Holly Bobo- [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171394"]TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't know.... it makes no sense to me to go any way other than straight up West Congress to get back to Governor Miro Road, where her parents are.

I know if I were her, I'd feel more nervous and apprehensive going down Congress between Ryan St. and University (or even Ryan St. and St. Mary!) at 2 am than going down St. Landry and Coliseum...just because of the people who frequent those areas. Congress becomes incredibly more lighted and safe-feeling once you hit Cajundome blvd.

I know if I were her, I'd feel more nervous and apprehensive going down Congress between Ryan St. and University (or even Ryan St. and St. Mary!) at 2 am than going down St. Landry and Coliseum...just because of the people who frequent those areas. Congress becomes incredibly more lighted and safe-feeling once you hit Cajundome blvd.

Yeah, but this is taking her out of her way, quite a ways, IMO. You're right about the lighting, and we noticed the sidewalks are better after you pass the Cajundome.

(OT... are the margins blown for everyone or just for me?)

I am wondering if there is some industry that hires contractors in the areas where Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, and now Mickey were abducted?

I know that here, in SE TX, the main industry is petrochemical plants and all of the plants hire contractors to do the general labor work. With the economy the way it is, people are being laid off and having to temporarily re-locate to work at other plants. There are many people who are from my area, who are staying in motels in Houston or wherever to work for a few months. I think jobs like this can last anywhere from 6 weeks to a year.

Thanks for the video, Becky and Shelly! That was really helpful to see the route and the area. Did you continue the video all the way to Mickey's house as you mentioned at the end of the video?

YouTube video

This is the video we took this morning. I hope it's not too rough, and I hope it gives you guys a better idea of where everything is.

Wow thanks for taking this video. It's hard to imagine a young woman travelling this vast and changing route via bike at night.
There's no way I would have ever done that - no way.

I am wondering if there is some industry that hires contractors in the areas where Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, and now Mickey were abducted?

I know that here, in SE TX, the main industry is petrochemical plants and all of the plants hire contractors to do the general labor work. With the economy the way it is, people are being laid off and having to temporarily re-locate to work at other plants. There are many people who are from my area, who are staying in motels in Houston or wherever to work for a few months. I think jobs like this can last anywhere from 6 weeks to a year.

There are a lot of oilfield workers and offshore workers/divers. What I was thinking is that if this is someone who is working in human trafficking, their job would be to drive around and pick up these types of girls fitting the description of their job. That means they are paid to drive around the United States and do what they gotta' do.

Very good point. I read somewhere that serial killer DTL worked at Dow Chemical in Baton Rouge. Perhaps they (and others) hire contractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne