LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they're saying there is going to be a press conference @ 3:30 to discuss the case. The news said there would be new info released about the case.

On a totally hopefully unrelated note- I've heard twice they found a body on the Northside of Lafayette today. I really, really, really hope that has nothing to do with this case.

But I am very interested in hearing what new info may be released.

Is KATC covering the presser today?

Are we about played out on "weed theory" yet? I can definitely see her stopping to take a hit, but not to pedal into the badlands and score at that hour.

That's perfectly rational, but...I don't know, I have a hard time believing she would do that. Leave on her own and bike further into a bad part of town to get pot at 2 AM, I mean. Didn't she say she was too tired to wait for the others to go to Mel's Diner? Marijuana isn't that big of a deal (yes I know it's illegal); I don't think she would have kept it from everyone she knew.

I kind of think that if she did deviate from her usual route, it may have been to meet a guy. I have a hard time believing that a young, beautiful college girl had "no boyfriends." Maybe she wanted to keep him secret for some reason.

JMO of course! :)

Still catching up from last night, but I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me in other cases, I have heard them at least talking to an ex or something. A beautiful 22 year girl had no suitors or recent ex's....odd, no?

I'm not so sure mamamia. As a guy who combined pot and biking (often at night) many, many times in my younger days...it seems logical to me. There's also the possibility that she was uncomfortable being such a pothead around Brettly (he doesn't strike me as one) and decided to smoke once she was on the road.

Smoking pot while biking at night in Lafayette, given the state of the roads, seems like an extraordinarily bad idea! Just asking for a header....

I wonder if the two pics of the truck we have now are the only time that truck was caught on camera that evening/early morning? I wonder if it had been circling the area but LE hasn't released that info yet.

I can tell ya from experience, and I'm now 58 years old lol, that would only make her more tired than she already was, and she had just eaten.

There is marijuana that is indica, sativa, and lots of hybrids. Some make you sleepy. Some will keep you wide awake. They all have different effects.

I really feel they may have located that primered car already, less likely is the truck, but that car stands out, and someone knows the owner.

I would think so too!
Unless they beat feet out of dodge!

I finally got ahold of Autozone corporate and asked them to let me put a flyer at their stores. they're going to confer and get back with me.

This is the downside of corporate chains inyour town. They'll take your money any day of the week, but when a local goes missing they don't want her pictures up :-(

Hope they'll OK it.

That's about the only business in Lafayette refusing to have her face on their premises.

Chicken Fried- my husband works for this company. He sent me pictures of her posters in their stores.

What store is refusing to put up her poster? Please let me know and I will speak with my husband.

Not college pot smokers. Maybe other stuff, but no way did she need to visit the "seedy side of town" to buy.

The area where she was, b/t BW's and her house, is definitely not the seedy "side" of town. We have the Northside, Pontalba area, Ile de Con (sp?) and lots worse places that this.

Is KATC covering the presser today?

I know TDA is. Maybe KPEL, maybe KATC? Try listening to KPEL live @ 3:30.

TDA is saying:

The Daily Advertiser will be providing live coverage. Keep checking theadvertiser.com for more updates or follow @TDAMcElfresh on Twitter for updates from the briefing.

I would be interested in your conclusions as to whether it is the same truck. The news reports always mention them as being 2 trucks. Intriguing.

i did not go off of what was said or what we were told... i went off what i had... pics. news is not a credible source to me. i used professional tools to break these apart and have an experienced eye for the little details. the news is only going off what they were told... i have trained people in various fields of graphic design and photo manipulation... i have (in the past) been invited to colleges to speak on this subject to students... that being said... i'm just a regular guy, and i do make mistakes (but only according to my wife:)
i believe one person "can" make a difference... i'm trying to help

Are we about played out on "weed theory" yet? I can definitely see her stopping to take a hit, but not to pedal into the badlands and score at that hour.

I cant even imagine the "stopping for a hit" theory. Why not smoke before leaving?? She was so close to his home anyway.

The really good video by BayouBecky back thread should be seen by anyone new.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7979892&postcount=460"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #8[/ame]

Wow, some areas are creepy! No way would I want to ride at night! Stopping to buy something - even bigger no way!

This video should be part of 1st page of every new thread..

Chicken Fried- my husband works for this company. He sent me pictures of her posters in their stores.

What store is refusing to put up her poster? Please let me know and I will speak with my husband.

I'd rather not say until Autozone calls me back. I've been friends with the manager for 10 years and so really don't want to dial up the heat on him yet until "proper channels" have been exhausted.

But thanks, and I'll make a note of it!

Just spokde with regional HQ in Houston and they're aware of the case.

No excuse for not calling me back after more than 24 hours. The secretary said she had gotten my voicemail... but for the second day in a row, the big cheese is "out of the office."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne