LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not college pot smokers. Maybe other stuff, but no way did she need to visit the "seedy side of town" to buy.

I have seen that too. I live right by a university. A couple blocks down is the hood. College students walk in front of my house day and night in that direction.

Not all of them are buying drugs, I'm sure. There are some dollar stores and a grocery store down that way, as well as some pretty awful apartment complexes that cater to college students.

If she did smoke often, she'd probably go thru the same person each time. Its not like a random thing LOL

I think this train had gotten off the track....

I partially agree, I think if someone had stolen her bike they should be given immunity if they come forward. If someone saw something that night they should also be able to remain anonymous for their safety and this should be assured by LE. If a drug dealer was meeting with her and came forward to speak of said meeting, yes.

But...if someone has kidnapped her for what ever the reason, i just cannot see immunity being given. First its totally against any statutes, secondly it would set a presidence that you can commit a crime, then as long as you hand back the person after the act in one piece you can walk. This will never happen, and actually in my opinion shouldn't. Just my :twocents: as usual.
IF it worked! Big IF! And if she has been fed and cared for not further harmed.....crime could be reduced like to something else like to false imprisonment. If she has been being raped rape charges could still stick. Beaten....battery. assault with a deadly weapon. The initial duo or vehicular charges whatever the case nay be.......all charges unbeknown to her captive could still stand but they'd be much lighter punishment if the kidnapping charge was null and void.......48 HR window like I said. And a whole bunch if other charges would still stick so I think with the reasoning that he could be in LESS trouble and not spend all hiscdays hiding and running would produce a better outcome. No kidnapping charge would just be ONE less. And that ONE...in the case that she is still alive is a big one! IN THE MIND OF THE PERSON STILL KEEPING HER ALIVE KUDNAPPING CHARGE IS THE ONE BIGGEST FEAR! if just that ONE wereveliminated it might make all the difference in the world!

Now, this white truck is another story, don't know where this would have been taken, on what route, but this one may be a second white truck.

Attachments

• anotherwhitetruck.jpg
    anotherwhitetruck.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 26
Unless she went to meet a GOOD friend to buy from (at their home) there's no way a chick on a bike is meeting someone for weed.

I'm not gonna go into details, but I've been around it ALL my life and it doesn't happen.

I think its a dead end.

ETA- if you have a pipe on you, you already have weed. You don't just carry it around hoping you score. :cool:

once again, from "experience" i must disagree. there were many times when i wasnt carrying that i had my pipe on me. (this was long ago ; P )and i especially had it if we were on the way to pick something up. im not saying for certain mickey was looking for it, i just wondered earlier if the idea had been explored at all. im not saying the theory shouldnt be thrown out, just that it shouldnt be thrown out to due any one persons personal experiences, because in general everyone is different.

Can you link or quote the comments that made you think that? I didn't get that impression at all. I'm not saying you're wrong or that preferring girls is bad, just not what I perceived.

And if it's true, couldn't she just as easily have been on her way to hook up with some girl? Even more reason to keep it a secret, IMO.

Why secret? By the time somebody is 21 yo, in this day and age, everyone knows who you are most likely anyway.
I mean, if I worked with Mickey, and the first day she told me I'm gay and blah, blah, blah. That's one style that I don't prefer.
But many younger people just are who they are and eventually you just figure it out. I like that way of operating better.

Back in my day, I can think of three male friends who I realize now were gay. Two of them killed themselves when we all started going our own way, getting jobs, school, etc. Isn't that terrible? And I never knew as we never talked about those things in the early 70's. They must have had such turmoil inside of them. And they were such great guys but everything was kept hidden back then. I swear gayness was never on my radar until the mid 80's. One of the guys is doing great though and lives in CO, very well adjusted, etc. He's the one who used to make me laugh like no other person could.

I was interested to hear what the poster said too, because to me, and I've been taught that when LE releases a photo, they do it for more reasons than just what sticks out in front, it's what's behind in the photo that is really telling, and with the time frames there in all three photos, that's the same truck.

I've maintained from the beginning that the truck at the light in the left turn lane and the truck pictured on University in front of the cemetery are the same truck.

The truck in front of the Circle K travelling in the same direction as Mickey is a second white truck. To me, this is the Z71 everyone is talking about. You can see in the picture that on the back fender by the tail light there is a sticker or notation which is normally where the Z71 sticker is found. The other truck does not have this marking.

Her friends state that she was a marijuana user and someone stated that one of the things searchers were told to look for was a pipe.

That's interesting. Maybe she stopped to smoke. Maybe in the back of the government center parking lot.

That's interesting. Maybe she stopped to smoke. Maybe in the back of the government center parking lot.

I doubt it. You'd have to be insane to be smoking around there. I'm not saying people dont do it, I'm saying I would highly, HIGHLY doubt that is what she would've been doing.

Why wouldnt she just smoke @ BW's house before leaving? Why would you stop @ nearly 2 AM next to a government building, near where cops patrol, to smoke? No, I dont think so.

I can't think why her mace was not dropped at the scene if she was taken by force...didn't someone say she usually carried it in her hand? Or was it affixed to the bike...and if so, wonder if still there.

I find it very hard to believe that a young girl who is heading home after a night of hanging with her friends and who is still dehydrated from the night of drinking before, would find it necessary to go out of her way to track down marijuana at 2 in the morning. She did not have plans with friends the next day and in fact had plans to be with family at her brother's graduation. Which then would probably have been followed by other familial obligations (celebratory dinner, grad parties etc). Orchestrating a drug buy under these circumstances is more the action of a hardcore drug user, which Mickey has not been accused of being. She was a pot smoker, typically a social activity. And, honestly smoking pot is very, very common. I don't see it as being a factor in this situation AT ALL. Certainly, it is not something that sets Mickey apart from her peers or makes her more vulnerable to crime. JMO

If she did smoke often, she'd probably go thru the same person each time. Its not like a random thing LOL

I think this train had gotten off the track....

Sometimes it is random. As I said, I have people very close to me who use. There are times when the regular person may not have any or what the buyer wants. Maybe their price is too high that day?

The price, quality, and quantity change on a daily and sometimes even hourly basis.

So, it can be random. It depends on a lot of things.

This is probably unlikely, but it is still very possible. You just really don't know and never will unless someone gives a full confession.

Why secret? By the time somebody is 21 yo, in this day and age, everyone knows who you are most likely anyway.
I mean, if I worked with Mickey, and the first day she told me I'm gay and blah, blah, blah. That's one style that I don't prefer.
But many younger people just are who they are and eventually you just figure it out. I like that way of operating better.

I don't think that she went out of her way to meet up with a guy, or with a girl, or to buy weed. But several posters were putting forth those theories, that maybe she had a "secret" boyfriend. If she isn't heterosexual and is just starting to come out, maybe she'd want to keep her relationships on the down low for awhile. Just a thought and entirely subjective :)

I have seen some pretty crazy things, like a guy smoking a joint at a bus stop, but I don't find that likely at all. If she were in a car, I could see it. But, she doesn't seem stupid and in the middle of the night, that type of thing would definitely stick out.

That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. What makes me feel so sick and sad is that I feel like I could have been friends with her--she seems like such an awesome person, with a fun, relaxed personality. It makes me mad as a hornet that someone would hurt such a beautiful spirit in any way. :furious:

I agree. But we don't even know if she's hurt or what happened. We don't know anything yet besides that she's missing and her bike was found in Whiskey Bay. I'd like to believe her adventurous spirit wanted more than what Lafayette, LA could offer and she just decided to leave without telling anyone. Perhaps she was just tired of the same ol'. I can't be the only one who fantasizes about leaving town, not telling anyone, hitchiking and trainhopping on trains, and enjoying the adventure of life without any chains keeping me down. Ya know? Perhaps I just fantasize too much. :p

So they're saying there is going to be a press conference @ 3:30 to discuss the case. The news said there would be new info released about the case.

On a totally hopefully unrelated note- I've heard twice they found a body on the Northside of Lafayette today. I really, really, really hope that has nothing to do with this case.

But I am very interested in hearing what new info may be released.

I can tell ya from experience, and I'm now 58 years old lol, that would only make her more tired than she already was, and she had just eaten.
I'm not so sure mamamia. As a guy who combined pot and biking (often at night) many, many times in my younger days...it seems logical to me. There's also the possibility that she was uncomfortable being such a pothead around Brettly (he doesn't strike me as one) and decided to smoke once she was on the road.

I again could be wrong, just my opinion, but I don't think she was going to a bar, or going to buy drugs, or meeting a guy or gal, I really think this young lady had called it a night and was headed home.....:(

Also, when it comes to her sexual preference. Some young people actually are more into their friends and their schooling or careers these days. My son was often mistook for being gay due to his lack of a girlfriend, he had many offers and would steer clear. He was actually waiting for something/someone special. I cannot fib, I even thought it odd for a bit....:( Well, he found her now, he is twenty four....but he had nothing to do with girls other than friendship and maybe M. is the same....IMHO

I finally got ahold of Autozone corporate and asked them to let me put a flyer at their stores. they're going to confer and get back with me.

This is the downside of corporate chains inyour town. They'll take your money any day of the week, but when a local goes missing they don't want her pictures up :-(

Hope they'll OK it.

That's about the only business in Lafayette refusing to have her face on their premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3