LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And CS felt that she had to explain where that money was going b/c there were a handful of people accusing the family of trying to make a quick buck. I'm sure none of THEM had given a penny! Although there was this one chick claiming she and her friends had donated money, and I guess she wasn't giving from her heart, b/c she somehow thought she needed to blast the amount publicly and insist that they were able to afford everything they needed with that money and had no business asking for certain food/drinks for the volunteers. But, for every 1 idiot posting that stuff, there were 20 people donating time/money/supplies. I'm glad they had deleted all those nasty comments, it was ridiculous.

That sounds ridiculous. I'm glad I missed that on Facebook though I wondered what prompted the post explaining where/how the money raised was being used.

She likely was killed within an hour or two of the abduction. I can't think of many cases where the offender has kept a victim alive for much longer than that. So, she'd already have been gone before anyone knew she was missing or raised a single penny.

I was trying to find statistics on how long women are kept alive in these terrible situations - but unable to do so.
Anyone better at finding this info out?

Playing catchup on the threads so sorry if this falls at a random place.

Why are posters suggesting that Mickey was changing her route in order to buy drugs?

I understand that this particular area may have been known for drugs, but generally we don't speculate or hypothesize this theory unless the victim is a known user.

Have I missed a post that stated she was?

I was trying to find statistics on how long women are kept alive in these terrible situations - but unable to do so.
Anyone better at finding this info out?

I'm not sure there are statistics you can find online for this. But, you can read through cases of abductions and murders and through autopsy reports that show time of death. The majority of the time, the time of death is within hours of the abduction.

Can you link or quote the comments that made you think that? I didn't get that impression at all. I'm not saying you're wrong or that preferring girls is bad, just not what I perceived.

And if it's true, couldn't she just as easily have been on her way to hook up with some girl? Even more reason to keep it a secret, IMO.

Not really - I mean I can't spend the time looking for it but BW said, Mickey doesn't have boyfriends that's just the way she is or something like that. Also, at the very beginning, on her facebook page (I don't have FB but the public part was visible), you know that section where peeps put their interests/organizations? - I saw she had listed 'gay something something'. Now, non gay people who have gay friends support gay issues so that's not proof - only an observation. That, and her generic relationship with BW that is based on their common interests and quirky personalities. Mickey seems like a great gal who may have been into other great girls. Mind you, I could be totally wrong but no boyfriends have been mentioned - like former ones - as possible people to be looked into, etc. Why? Because maybe she doesn't have any.

Again, if this is who Mickey is we love her the way she is. Just want to keep it real.

Why are posters suggesting that Mickey was changing her route in order to buy drugs?

I understand that this particular area may have been known for drugs, but generally we don't speculate or hypothesize this theory unless the victim is a known user.

Her friends state that she was a marijuana user and someone stated that one of the things searchers were told to look for was a pipe.

Several things have been said to imply she smoked marijuana, including searchers being told to look for her belongings that included a pipe. To me, marijuana is the only drug I don't count when I think of drug users. I know it's a drug and illegal but I guess I don't classify it in my head with meth, crack, cocaine, LSD, etc.

If she were going to buy drugs at that hour, she would have asked Brettly to drive her there, because if they were friends and she smoked pot, he would have too. So if they were out he would have driven her to get it. Didn't you see the cap he was wearing, "[Heart] Da Kine"?

I don't like that theory, unless there is some evidence that she was riding the streets on a bike for a dope hook-up. If they needed it that night, they would have gone to get it or had it delivered.

If she were going to buy drugs at that hour, she would have asked Brettly to drive her there, because if they were friends and she smoked pot, he would have too. So if they were out he would have driven her to get it. Didn't you see the cap he was wearing, "[Heart] Da Kine"?

I don't like that theory, unless there is some evidence that she was riding the streets on a bike for a dope hook-up. If they needed it that night, they would have gone to get it or had it delivered.

That isn't necessarily true. There are friends that I am very close to that smoke and I do not at all, ever. I find absolutely nothing wrong with marijuana use, but I don't like it myself.

Not really - I mean I can't spend the time looking for it but BW said, Mickey doesn't have boyfriends that's just the way she is or something like that. Also, at the very beginning, on her facebook page (I don't have FB but the public part was visible), you know that section where peeps put their interests/organizations? - I saw she had listed 'gay something something'. Now, non gay people who have gay friends support gay issues so that's not proof - only an observation. That, and her generic relationship with BW that is based on their common interests and quirky personalities. Mickey seems like a great gal who may have been into other great girls. Mind you, I could be totally wrong but no boyfriends have been mentioned - like former ones - as possible people to be looked into, etc. Why? Because maybe she doesn't have any.

Again, if this is who Mickey is we love her the way she is. Just want to keep it real.

Of course, I don't have a problem with it if she really is gay. Just saying, I think it's more likely that she was on her way to meet someone (boy or girl) than on her way to buy drugs. Personally, I really just believe that she was on her way home and not going anywhere else. But I guess it's all pure speculation at this point.

I totaly agree.

When LE is quiet...sometimes it means they are onto the case and have a good handle on it.

Of course, that is not always true, AKA Holly Bobo...

I think TBI knows exactly what happend to Holly but have no evidence to prove it!

And i agree when its quiet they are usually on to something !

JMO

Of course, I don't have a problem with it if she really is gay. Just saying, I think it's more likely that she was on her way to meet someone (boy or girl) than on her way to buy drugs. Personally, I really just believe that she was on her way home and not going anywhere else. But I guess it's all pure speculation at this point.

That's exactly it, all speculation.

I think this is another one of those tips for women and people in general - don't keep secrets! Tell people where you are going and when to expect you back.

Unless she went to meet a GOOD friend to buy from (at their home) there's no way a chick on a bike is meeting someone for weed.

I'm not gonna go into details, but I've been around it ALL my life and it doesn't happen.

I think its a dead end.

ETA- if you have a pipe on you, you already have weed. You don't just carry it around hoping you score. :cool:

have not had time to read and catch up today but here are some of my findings on the pics...

My level of expertise in graphic design/editing software is expert/professional.

first pic of bike...
vehicle 15-20 yards behind bike pointing in same direction slowing or possibly stopped in loading zone... headlights appear off... braking based on light cast from rear of vehicle
...she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction.

second pic of bike (circle k)... appears she rode through a red light to cross University as it appears green in the other direction... there is no traffic...
... she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction...

pic of truck (circle K-following) pic is cropped and cannot see the state of the traffic light... the timeline might indicate truck had to wait for red light but was following per previous bike pic. same timeline as bike passing based on gas station patrons/movement

pic of truck (circle k-leaving) truck left turn lane slowing for red light.
tailgate is up per the fact we can see the license plate light which would be obstructed by a down tailgate... based on angles of reflection from upper backlighting, appears to have a white bed cover and dark upper window visors... possible off kilter fuel door enough to reflect light differently, or possible aftermarket. based on turning location, truck should appear on university camera in less than a minute dependent on the length of wait time at current red light

person leaning on car getting gas...
person in white t appears running toward store, possibly a passenger based on angle subject is moving away from car, fuel door most likely on passenger side of vehicle)

truck pic (university) truck appears clean, tires reflect light (possibly just shined) possible paved road travel only to this point per shiny tires... dark upper window visors reflecting light, possible white bed cover, 5 spoke wheels possibly stock. license plate appears flat (printed, not stamped) per even reflection, appears white with red upper lettering possibly similar to california's.

i need to go for a bit but will look more into them later... from what I have reviewed so far the truck appears to be the same truck in all pics, though i have read all your arguments about different trucks as the do certainly "appear" to be as was my opinion also "before i took them apart"... once i have time to bust out my slide-rule to get an accurate timeline i can contribute more

this is all of course, my opinion and could be wrong... but i am good at what i do... (i still have my waxer from when cut and paste meant "cut and paste") in no way could i upload all my work, but if anybody has a specific argument to any of this i will try to take the time to address it... but lets keep the argument civil and stay on point and we can work on this together...

peace

I marked a couple of places along the assumed route on the map that could possibly have cameras. Usually these are banks, mini stop gas stations, etc. Let me know if you see any others. TIA

http://goo.gl/maps/1B1W

Unless she went to meet a GOOD friend to buy from (at their home) there's no way a chick on a bike is meeting someone for weed.

I'm not gonna go into details, but I've been around it ALL my life and it doesn't happen.

I think its a dead end.

It does happen. It happens around here all the time. You see middle-class, white women in a vehicle, on a bike, or even walking in very seedy parts of town buying drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck