LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would believe that she was taken for sex... and would be kept alive much longer... and still alive.

It's pretty wasteful to just kill the girl right away. A lot of effort.. short payoff.

To a normal person, yes...but its usually what happens. JMO

not sure if im following what youre saying......but theres not a single gas station anywhere near me that lets you fill up your car first around here. especially at night. its prepay the pump EVERYWHERE here (about 3 hours north of Lafayette). although it may admittedly be different there. its been years since ive driven through.

Every gas station I've seen in Lafayette is prepay or pay at the pump with a credit card. In the photos, I am inclined to believe that the dark car was inside paying when Mickey passed, and was pumping when the truck was going in the other direction, and the lighter colored car was going inside to pay.

not sure if im following what youre saying......but theres not a single gas station anywhere near me that lets you fill up your car first around here. especially at night. its prepay the pump EVERYWHERE here (about 3 hours north of Lafayette). although it may admittedly be different there. its been years since ive driven through.

Ok, if you look at the background of these pictures, the same car is at the gas pumps, when the white truck is passing in the opposite direction, toward Mickey. The other picture the one of her, that same car is in the background, and when the white truck passes behind where she just was, the same car is still sitting at the pumps. Now, even if he paid first, it still appears that that car never moves. So, it's got to be a very short window of time.

Attachments

• whitttruck.jpg
    whitttruck.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
  • mickey2.jpg
    mickey2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
My observations and comments by Mickey's friends lead me to believe that MS may have preferred girlfriends to boyfriends. She was 21 and didn't have romantic boyfriends. Now everyone please don't go into an uproar as I'm not making a judgment, I'm calling it as I see it. If I'm wrong, someone who knows her can set me straight. And it doesn't matter one way or the other except, if we begin speculating that she was on her way to hook up with some guy when that's not an option she'd make, then we're wasting our time considering that possiblity.

Can you link or quote the comments that made you think that? I didn't get that impression at all. I'm not saying you're wrong or that preferring girls is bad, just not what I perceived.

And if it's true, couldn't she just as easily have been on her way to hook up with some girl? Even more reason to keep it a secret, IMO.

I would believe that she was taken for sex... and would be kept alive much longer... and still alive.

It's pretty wasteful to just kill the girl right away. A lot of effort.. short payoff.

My own opinion- I would rather be dead than kept to be used for sex. I shudder at the thought that she may be alive and this has been her reality for 10days. Whatever the outcome, I want to see her recovered for her families sake. He rather looked like a different man on Nancy Grace and KATC last night. Lafayette will never be the same in my eyes.

They may not arrest someone for being a drug dealer while they are giving information on a certain unrelated case. But, they will then know that person is a drug dealer and be more likely to bust them in the future than if they remained completely anonymous.

Ya that's the hindrance to the guy coming forward.
LE would not arrest him for doing so - no way. If it's just a college student though (who later in life will be what the hell was I doing and will phase out that activity) they should definitely come forward. Even a bigger fish won't be bothered too much I don't think as LE has their hands full - besides, they probably already know who those guys are and unless they 'just get caught' or have the goods in large quantities stashed at their house, they're okay. Maybe?

Her being alive is what everyone hopes for, but statistics show that is a very unlikely scenario. Abduction, sexual assault, murder, and disposal are generally all done within an hour or two.

I liken people who do this type of thing to drug addicts. The euphoria from one hit of crack does not last too long, but people still smoke crack.

She likely was killed within an hour or two of the abduction. I can't think of many cases where the offender has kept a victim alive for much longer than that. So, she'd already have been gone before anyone knew she was missing or raised a single penny.

In the name of hope, that is not always the case. I think moreso with pedophiles it may be. I can speak from raw experience with this topic, don't lose hope, she may still be alive. I am not going to get into particulars, but I was taken years back by a total nut case, and I don't know how long he planned on keeping me alive, but he kept me for a day. He had several other alleged victims that he ended up killing prior to me, but they are not certain how long he kept them. I am just driving home, although she may not be alive anymore, I refuse to give up hope. I think it all depends on what the perps fantasy is, what he is after. I again hope she is alive and finds a window of time when he is not diligent and she escapes....that is my HOPE....

Ok, if you look at the background of these pictures, the same car is at the gas pumps, when the white truck is passing in the opposite direction, toward Mickey. The other picture the one of her, that same car is in the background, and when the white truck passes behind where she just was, the same car is still sitting at the pumps. Now, even if he paid first, it still appears that that car never moves. So, it's got to be a very short window of time.

I agree

I, for one, will never scoff at abundant giving in situations like this. I have no doubt the family will pay forward any and all excess.

Maybe Lafayette will turn out to be at the top of the list of Safest Cities someday. We've got what it takes. Obviously!! <3

I totally agree. I had posted this earlier. Another reason why I believed her body wouldn't be found with the bike. Too close to Lafayette to get their kicks.

Also I think we have to eliminate the drug reference. I agree with a post before who said, she was already tired and was heading to her brothers graduation the next morning. I think by 2am, it was just time for bed.

And this comes from a guy who used to party way past 2. I'm 30 with a 2 year old...I'm lucky if I'm up past 9.

Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone
My observations and comments by Mickey's friends lead me to believe that MS may have preferred girlfriends to boyfriends. She was 21 and didn't have romantic boyfriends. Now everyone please don't go into an uproar as I'm not making a judgment, I'm calling it as I see it. If I'm wrong, someone who knows her can set me straight. And it doesn't matter one way or the other except, if we begin speculating that she was on her way to hook up with some guy when that's not an option she'd make, then we're wasting our time considering that possiblity.

I kind of got the same impression, not that there is anything wrong with it.

from thread #8----

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlet View Post
Why does everyone always assumes a man did it? Why not a woman? or a man with a woman? A man could use another woman as bait to attract another woman over. It's been done before. I see it all the time going down at nightclubs.

Mickey most likely would of trusted a woman or a couple (man & woman) to drive her home or to the hospital more so than a single man if she was offered a ride or her bike was accidentally hit.

Hollyblue's reply---------
You make a very good point. I've thought about the xgf of BW. Not accusing her at all, but all bases should be covered. Didn't BW say she was a friend of MS before...and that's how he met her? Then in the "inaudible" long interview, didn't BW say that her and Mickey were estranged now? I just can't get past the thought that someone did not want her moving to NO...or with BW. They were going to proceed with the move the 1st of June right? Were classes already over for the summer when she went missing?
The above really caught my attention. :what:

Indeed, all bases should be covered.

If BW were suspecting that his xgf played a part in Mickey's abduction, then his suspicion could account for BW's odd behavior while being interviewed, as well as his statement (paraphrase) "YOU know what you have done....."

Damn, this case seems to have more twists and turns than a back-in-the-day soap opera. Inb4 the Lifetime Channel turns it into a movie.

And CS felt that she had to explain where that money was going b/c there were a handful of people accusing the family of trying to make a quick buck. I'm sure none of THEM had given a penny! Although there was this one chick claiming she and her friends had donated money, and I guess she wasn't giving from her heart, b/c she somehow thought she needed to blast the amount publicly and insist that they were able to afford everything they needed with that money and had no business asking for certain food/drinks for the volunteers. But, for every 1 idiot posting that stuff, there were 20 people donating time/money/supplies. I'm glad they had deleted all those nasty comments, it was ridiculous.

I know how that goes. I was involved with a spontaneous, private, hurricane-relief effort after Katrina. One guy got his nose bent out of shape and accused the organization of fraud. Went on a blog and started crying fraud, and telling bald-faced lie after bald-faced lie, and he was actually a pretty large recipient of relief funds and goods. He screamed so loud it went viral and started the biggest mess you ever saw that crippled and finally killed the relief effort early, while people still needed help. The person running it spent the next 18 months fighting fraud accusation, having been reported to the FBI, the IRS, the Katrina fraud taskforce, and been accused of being a child-molester, and ended up having a nervous breakdown.

Some people have "money" in the front of their brain, and everything is seen through that lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth