LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you.... I highly doubt your perp was hanging out at Whiskey Bay after the dump occurred of the bike. I mean you never know, but very doubtful.

When it comes to the missing flyer I think it was either placed by media for dramatic effect or placed by a volunteer.

I am perplexed as to why they would dispatch a civilian search team to such a hazardous area in total darkness, this to me was fool hardy. I know if I am out in the darkness here where I live I could not find my butt with both hands, none the less be sure if I saw a bike, missing poster, or anything else. Searches in total darkness don't bear fruit, so that is very scary that they put you in harms way. or do you all choose to go to Whiskey bay that night on your own? I am very curious? TIA....IMHO....and all that stuff...

We think alike...........;)

My memory of that car is sharp enough that I can still see the "Ninety-Eight" script on the front fender, and the big, puffy, white vinyl top.

Saw that Olds a couple years ago stopped at a light on Hwy. 90.

Same color as in the poster.

Then a couple more times.

Then the last time I think I remember it being damaged and primered on the right quarter.

I was going to say last night that it looked as if the rear side panel had primer on it.

So, we have a 7-8 min window in which Mickey passes, the white truck follows her, turns around somewhere not far down the street and heads back in the opposite direction.

Now I'm confused on the timing...the camera caught Mickey at 1:48 am in front of circle K. What time did they see the truck? I thought it was at 1:51...but I could be thinking of a different photo?

Now I'm confused on the timing...the camera caught Mickey at 1:48 am in front of circle K. What time did they see the truck? I thought it was at 1:51...but I could be thinking of a different photo?

Well, if there's a 7-8 min window this is truth because pictures don't lie.

Attachments

• whitttruck.jpg
    whitttruck.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 46
  • mickey2.jpg
    mickey2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
i have to respectfully disagree, as i have once been a college student, not too terribly long ago. as were many of my friends. although terribly terribly foolish, i know quite a few young college girls that went to dangerous parts of town in pursuit of recreational drugs.

In the seventies, if you were a girl, as far as I know the boys took care of all that. So much for women's lib! Back then, if it was there you were welcome to it - I don't know why but that's the way it was. I'm the type who gets paranoid though so I never was that into it.

I totally agree with you.... I highly doubt your perp was hanging out at Whiskey Bay after the dump occurred of the bike. I mean you never know, but very doubtful.

When it comes to the missing flyer I think it was either placed by media for dramatic effect or placed by a volunteer.

I am perplexed as to why they would dispatch a civilian search team to such a hazardous area in total darkness, this to me was fool hardy. I know if I am out in the darkness here where I live I could not find my butt with both hands, none the less be sure if I saw a bike, missing poster, or anything else. Searches in total darkness don't bear fruit, so that is very scary that they put you in harms way. or do you all choose to go to Whiskey bay that night on your own? I am very curious? TIA....IMHO....and all that stuff...

I wondered the same because before TES arrived, "last" searches of the day were scheduled for 5pm. Since TES has arrived, last search is at 4pm. Being at Whiskey Bay at midnight sounds like a search party on their own.

The picture of the while truck, heading in the opposite direction, is the one that got me, apparently the car getting gas has just gotten there, because the owner is standing there filling up his tank. The, the other pictures, no one is standing there, so he must be inside paying.

That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.

I Dino what they can do really.....but I think that they could probably grant someone some sort of immunity for the crime of being a drug dealer just to ft the info which in this case would definately be the lesser of the two evils. I was thinking the same thing about the bike before they found it if someone had stolen it they could reassure them publicly that they wont be prosecuted for stealing the bike if they turned in the bike and came forth with specific info as to what time and exact location. Like dude you wont be in trouble just tell us what you know. We wana find Mickey we not worried about who's selling gangs right now. And also if someone didbhit her and picked her up reassure them that if they picked hervup to nurse her back to health and she's alive bring her to the hospital and tell the truth and they wont prosecute. I think the sister did petty much ay that in a radio interview for 105.1 (I think) not everybody listens to that type of music and if they are from out of town, they may not catch that station. I really think they should make it known throughout everywhere that if they have her and she is still alive they can let her go and not be in trouble. Like give them 48 hours. If she's still alive and being held someone who made a mistake will realize with all the media attention wow I screws up big time and this is my way out.

True, but for all three vehicles to be there, that leads me to believe it was a short period of time. I have a hard time believing that all three would spend more than five minutes at the gas station.
You have never been to a gas station in "Upper" Lafayette then. After the clubs close it gas stations seem to be the place to loiter there. It's gotten so bad a the RaceTrac on the Evangeline Thruway that cops have to go and make people leave.

(Thinking of this I wonder if they still loiter there..would be a good place to put the car flyer?)

I really think your on to something, looks clear as mud to me. It seems the truck was right behind her.

There is some incredible sleuthing going on here but I just wanted to throw out a reminder to all of the locals looking for vehicles & answers...pleeeaaaasssse be careful yourselves!!!!!!! Be smart about what you post about where you will be looking and where you will be at certain times etc. I get worried, because you never really know who is reading here and just want to make sure no one puts themselves in harms way while trying to help another. I know there are a lot of new sleuthers here and I don't intend to spook anyone, just a quick reminder to be safe and smart about what you are doing/posting! (I have seen this posted/suggested in other cases and always felt it was a very good point).
Andalso....a big thank you to all of you who are doing everything you can do find her! You rock!!!

Bottle feeding preemie kittens?? You're my new best friend :loveyou:

I agree that LE must be keeping a few things to themselves. It's frustrating because I feel like I've worn out all my speculations, but I'm trying to have faith in them.

If she wasn't so far away, I'd take one. Love to bottle feed tiny baby kittens!

I wondered the same because before TES arrived, "last" searches of the day were scheduled for 5pm. Since TES has arrived, last search is at 4pm. Being at Whiskey Bay at midnight sounds like a search party on their own.

Usually searchers here are all at base camp by nightfall. The only time you will find they are out through the night is in the case of a missing child lost in the woods/mountains/wilderness, but then you have your specially trained "Search and Rescue" folks out there, with their specialized equipment.

That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.

I Dino what they can do really.....but I think that they could probably grant someone some sort of immunity for the crime of being a drug dealer just to get the info which in this case would definately be the lesser of the two evils. I was thinking the same thing about the bike before they found it if someone had stolen it they could reassure them publicly that they wont be prosecuted for stealinig the bike if they turned in the bike and came forth with specific info as to what time and exact location. Like dude you wont be in trouble just tell us what you know. We wana find Mickey we not worried about who's selling ganga right now. And also if someone did hit her and picked her up reassure them that if they picked her up to nurse her back to health and she's alive bring her to the hospital and tell the truth and they wont prosecute. I think the sister did pretty much say that in a radio interview for 105.1 (I think) not everybody listens to that type of music and if they are from out of town, they may not catch that station. I really think they should make it known throughout everywhere that if they have her and she is still alive they can let her go and not be in trouble. Like give them 48 hours. If she's still alive and being held someone who made a mistake will realize with all the media attention wow I screws up big time and this is my way out.

I Dino what they can do really.....but I think that they could probably grant someone some sort of immunity for the crime of being a drug dealer just to ft the info which in this case would definately be the lesser of the two evils. I was thinking the same thing about the bike before they found it if someone had stolen it they could reassure them publicly that they wont be prosecuted for stealing the bike if they turned in the bike and came forth with specific info as to what time and exact location. Like dude you wont be in trouble just tell us what you know. We wana find Mickey we not worried about who's selling gangs right now. And also if someone didbhit her and picked her up reassure them that if they picked hervup to nurse her back to health and she's alive bring her to the hospital and tell the truth and they wont prosecute. I think the sister did petty much ay that in a radio interview for 105.1 (I think) not everybody listens to that type of music and if they are from out of town, they may not catch that station. I really think they should make it known throughout everywhere that if they have her and she is still alive they can let her go and not be in trouble. Like give them 48 hours. If she's still alive and being held someone who made a mistake will realize with all the media attention wow I screws up big time and this is my way out.

"I think a lot of different things could have happened," said Charlie. "Someone made a mistake--hit her or picked her up or something or hurt her really bad and didn't come forward with it, it's hard to say."

Whatever the scenario, the family believes Mickey is alive. They have a plea for whoever might be holding her: "Drop her off at a hospital or a safe-have or at a busy street somewhere," said Charlie. "Someone will find her and bring her back to us and that's all we care about."

from katc.com 11:55 pm update last night. I think that about says it all, right now they're more concerned with 'where is she' rather than 'who did it'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
Chicken Fried, you might want to update here too: http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow
Actually Chicken Fried, in the post with the 2 pics of the car, someone is asking if the car has a Fleur De Lis hood ornament because they saw one at Albertsons. Isn't that yours?

Wonder if anyone can do a favor? I have no Facebook access. I hate to see them get steered wrong.

Is there any way to post on that thread that the guy with the big "Fleur-de-Lis" car seen at Albertson's is posting at websleuths, and my big car is a 1978 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL and doesn't match the surveillance photos?

Hate to see them waste time.

I know this is out there, but I'd like to throw it into the pile.

At first I thought this was not an abduction for ransom, but what if that was the case from the get go. (I know it sounds farfetched with all the evidence)

But everyone in Lafayette will tell you, the Find Mickey Shunick Campaign is a huge money machine right now. Benefit concerts and donations.

What if the abductors heard about the $10,000 reward which was put up the first couple of days? Then it went up to $20,000 a few days after, then up to &25,000. and now they said they raised over 40K at the concert this weekend.

Would you just wait for the money to pile up to where you knew they had the money to pay?

And please don't think I'm saying anything bad about the family raising money because I know they need it for search efforts. And again, I know its farfetched, but it's still one of those options where she is still alive and i like to think the best.

BRING MICKEY HOME!!!

The later 1:51 pic was of the truck with a bed cover going in the opposite direction (east...making a left on University....near the cemetery...or probable route to I-10.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman