LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying to watch the press conference and filling in the gaps with what I've read here, I am 100% convinced that it was a crime of opportunity. Truck pulls up behind Mickey, taps her (damaging the bike) and with no ride home now, he convinces her to let him give her a ride home. She may or may not have been injured, and maybe is a bit disoriented if she fell and hit her head without a helmet on. He says "It'll be quicker to go down to Congress from University"...by the time she realizes he's not turning on Congress it's too late. He subdues her somehow and hops on I-10, ditches the bike, and continues on his way to go God knows what to her. That explains why she's not on the camera, why the truck turns around, why there's no evidence at the scene, etc. They want the white truck because they think he did it, they want the other truck and Olds because they think they may have seen something. MOO, of course, but with what we've been told, this is the most likely scenario.
I am leaning toward this as well. :(

There could even have been fliers taped up BEFORE the crew got there to scatter fliers on the ground. I had a friend drive from Lafayette to Baton Rouge and back again with fliers that she posted along both ways.

Happy birthday, kgeaux!

The back tire is damaged. The perp runs up on her and knocks her off. He gets out and is all "I'm sorry" and seems real nice. He says "I'll bring you anywhere you need to go, let's load up your bicycle." She agrees, and that's that. That's why nobody heard anything, there was no struggle, no mace. She went willingly.

I would never get in a vehicle driven by somebody who had just hit me no matter how nice they seemed. If conscious I would be dialing 911.

(And I was once hit by a very nice young woman who was talking on her cell phone.)

The back tire is damaged. The perp runs up on her and knocks her off. He gets out and is all "I'm sorry" and seems real nice. He says "I'll bring you anywhere you need to go, let's load up your bicycle." She agrees, and that's that. That's why nobody heard anything, there was no struggle, no mace. She went willingly.

In this scenario which I have thought up as most likely myself there would be no abduction scene. I keep thinking of her with that can of pink mace. IMO she would have gathered her things and loaded them in the vehicle and immediately started to text or call someone just to share her luck. The perp instantly must have gotten her in the car and grabbed her phone. I wonder if this matches up with LE last phone ping info/time from videos.
JMO

Yep, I'm with you on that, but, why would the perps DNA be on the handle grips? Very, very odd, about the handle grips.

If that's where the perp grabbed it (perhaps in haste) to put it in his vehicle then there would be prints. If this was a planned bump the bike and grab the girl, you'd think the perp(s) would be prepared with gloves.

They believe the bike has been there since May 19, I wonder why -- corrosion? Is the Basin fresh water, salt water or a mix?

Im gonna go drop **** off the bridge to see where it lands and put this argument to rest!

Do it at 2-3am. I used to live right by I-10 in Breaux Bridge. I know it's heavily travelled but I strongly believe it could have been dropped from the bridge. Especially in the wee hours of the night. It wouldn't take that long. Perp could easily see if a car were coming his way and any vehicles going westbound would be unlikely to be paying attention to a vehicle stopped eastbound for 20-30seconds. Perp could have assumed he was over the Whiskey bay channel and possibly didn't realize that it would land in shallow water right there.

Also, I agree about the grips. I think they were found separately from the bike because of the way Cpl. Mouton worded that.

I had a feeling that when they suspended the search at Whiskey Bay so abruptly they now have a viable suspect to go after. It's easier to go after the suspect and find Mickey that way. Law enforcement will only give you the details that they figure that would not jeopardize the investigation and result in the suspect bolting. I would not be surprised if they came up with a "person of interest" very shortly.
This was posted on the find mickey fb page and I thought it interesting.

I would never get in a vehicle driven by somebody who had just hit me no matter how nice they seemed. If conscious I would be dialing 911.

(And I was once hit by a very nice young woman who was talking on her cell phone.)

But if the person is hit and falls they are easy to grab before they manage to call 911.

If that's where the perp grabbed it (perhaps in haste) to put it in his vehicle then there would be prints. If this was a planned bump the bike and grab the girl, you'd think the perp(s) would be prepared with gloves.

They believe the bike has been there since May 19, I wonder why -- corrosion? Is the Basin fresh water, salt water or a mix?
It's brackish water, iirc.

Do it at 2-3am. I used to live right by I-10 in Breaux Bridge. I know it's heavily travelled but I strongly believe it could have been dropped from the bridge. Especially in the wee hours of the night. It wouldn't take that long. Perp could easily see if a car were coming his way and any vehicles going westbound would be unlikely to be paying attention to a vehicle stopped eastbound for 20-30seconds. Perp could have assumed he was over the Whiskey bay channel and possibly didn't realize that it would land in shallow water right there.

Also, I agree about the grips. I think they were found separately from the bike because of the way Cpl. Mouton worded that.
Yes, but would he have enough time to get back behind the wheel and out of harm's way?

So, we have Mickey

At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.

We have the white truck first going in the opposite direction on Landry probably seeing Mickey coming at him, he turns around somewhere close and heads back toward her. Then something happens between Landry St and where his truck is spotted at 1:51am near the cemetery heading toward I 10. Pretty damning.

But if the person is hit and falls they are easy to grab before they manage to call 911.

Oh, absolutely...I'm just saying I don't think she willingly got into a vehicle that hit her.

I've maintained from the beginning that the truck at the light in the left turn lane and the truck pictured on University in front of the cemetery are the same truck.

The truck in front of the Circle K travelling in the same direction as Mickey is a second white truck. To me, this is the Z71 everyone is talking about. You can see in the picture that on the back fender by the tail light there is a sticker or notation which is normally where the Z71 sticker is found. The other truck does not have this marking.

Yes! The very first picture released of the truck was of it in the left turning lane, turning from St. Landry onto University. When the picture of the truck by the cemetery was released, it was identified as another view of the same truck.

The second truck, the Z71, is pictured by the LUS building, headed in the same direction as Mickey.

I wonder if her phone was turned off because the person hit her or her bike so hard, the phone flew and either cracked on the cement or got crushed somehow?

He knocked her off that bike by hitting her from behind, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, and I'm just hoping that if he did that, he's somewhere taking care of her, but I'm not optomistic about it at this point.

Has LE found any evidence of tire skid marks around Mickey's last known siting area, that may indicate someone did try and stop before hitting her, if that's what happened? (Still not convinced on that)

Officials searching for Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick are no longer using volunteers to help find the missing UL student, and police said today that her bike was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin with damage to its rear tire.

During a news conference this afternoon, Cpl. Paul Mouton, a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said the bike believed to be Shunick's was damaged. He said the bike was submerged in water, and its rear wheel was damaged. He said the bike is at the state crime lab for further examination.

"We feel that we searched that area enough," Mouton said of the Whiskey Bay area. "We believe the perpetrator went beneath the bridge and dumped the bike."

http://mockforums.net/post-250810.html#pid250810
(only link I have)

So, we have Mickey

At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.

We have the white truck first going in the opposite direction on Landry probably seeing Mickey coming at him, he turns around somewhere close and heads back toward her. Then something happens between Landry St and where his truck is spotted at 1:51am near the cemetery heading toward I 10. Pretty damning.
i thought LE said the truck pictured by the cemetery was a different vehicle? i could be wrong, its very hard to follow with all the white trucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member