LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i did not go off of what was said or what we were told... i went off what i had... pics. news is not a credible source to me. i used professional tools to break these apart and have an experienced eye for the little details. the news is only going off what they were told... i have trained people in various fields of graphic design and photo manipulation... i have (in the past) been invited to colleges to speak on this subject to students... that being said... i'm just a regular guy, and i do make mistakes (but only according to my wife:)
i believe one person "can" make a difference... i'm trying to help

does it look like the same truck to you?

(thanks so much for your work on this as well :rocker:)

bbm: :lol: (re: the wife part gave me a giggle.. I think Mister Nurse would say the same thing haha)

The area where she was, b/t BW's and her house, is definitely not the seedy "side" of town. We have the Northside, Pontalba area, Ile de Con (sp?) and lots worse places that this.

Iles De Cannes. You know...just in case you happen upon that road one day. You should probably avoid it.

I cant even imagine the "stopping for a hit" theory. Why not smoke before leaving?? She was so close to his home anyway.

I can't either. Maybe if she were smoking a joint or a blunt or something that wouldn't be obvious, but a pipe would definitely be obvious at that time of night.

Marijuana generally doesn't come "pipe-ready." You have to break it down or use a grinder so that when you put it in the pipe, you get a proper hit.

Still catching up from last night, but I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me in other cases, I have heard them at least talking to an ex or something. A beautiful 22 year girl had no suitors or recent ex's....odd, no?

I thought it was a tad strange also!
but its very smart LOL !!!

Are we about played out on "weed theory" yet? I can definitely see her stopping to take a hit, but not to pedal into the badlands and score at that hour.

i hope so, and im the one who originally brought up the idea lol. like stated earlier, i just wondered if it had been considered.

I'm going to hold off distributing flyers until after the press conference.

Understandable, but if you saw my other post, my husband works for this company.

Please let me know which store refuses to have up her posters or the story behind it, I would like to relay that to my husband ASAP.

I finally got ahold of Autozone corporate and asked them to let me put a flyer at their stores. they're going to confer and get back with me.

This is the downside of corporate chains inyour town. They'll take your money any day of the week, but when a local goes missing they don't want her pictures up :-(

Hope they'll OK it.

That's about the only business in Lafayette refusing to have her face on their premises.

Also, if this was possibly a hit and run, those places need to be notified to be on the lookout for anyone needing something that would repair their airbag. Also, all the vehicle dealerships, as well as any mechanic shops in the immediate area.

I'm not sure why, but since all of this happened, I've been pretty much convinced (call it wishful thinking if you want), that she was hit by vehicle ON ACCIDENT. That is the route you would take out of downtown (where MANY bars are. traffic is one way on the main drag, because of the crowds) to avoid the "owi checkpoint". The DAs office is being investigated right now for how they handle OWIs and there is a major crack down. If the driver of the vehicle thought they were drunk, or maybe had a prior OWI, they may have completely freaked out (not thinking clearly if they were drunk) and loaded her and the bike and shagged. I doubt she had hard plastic reflectors, etc. They were more than likely rubber and stayed on and did not shatter to leave evidence. Her bag, with it's contents stayed on her. She maybe hit her head and was knocked out, or worse. It doesn't take much to knock someone out and there may not be blood. It freaks me out to think someone was stalking her and whatever else. I really think someone is in a panic now, because they have no idea what to do. I believe she is alive. If she was not injured too badly and can talk to this person, maybe something good will happen soon. Her personality and spirit seems infectious.

Okay people the pot scoring theory is just that - only a theory because of the way the white truck was positioned on St. Landry street and then the Olds passed by in the other lane. Only a theory.

Gay issue only an observation that may be totally wrong/incorrect. We're NOT drawing conclusions, only discussing possibilities.

And for the people who have children who are not boy or girl crazy at a young age - God bless you - as it's most difficult to deal with a broken hearted teenager when all you want for them is to grow healthy hearts and minds, learn to love themselves before thinking they are in love, etc. In other words, you've been spared much anguish!!

I cant even imagine the "stopping for a hit" theory. Why not smoke before leaving?? She was so close to his home anyway.

I dont think she stopped for anything i think someone grabbed her!

There is marijuana that is indica, sativa, and lots of hybrids. Some make you sleepy. Some will keep you wide awake. They all have different effects.

I am also well aware of that, and also spice, and K2 which as a bit different however young people around our town use that instead of actually smoking weed. I however wouldn't recomend it.

I am not sure that a drunk driver, who has just hit a person, could be so capable as to quickly take up the person, and then her bike, leave no traces and make off with it all and no one sees/hears a thing?

Few things I had questions on and I've been mostly lurking on this case because the threads are going so fast!

Maybe mentioned before but the truck looks to have a rack on it - Thule or otherwise. My boyfriend had one on his truck. Great for home renovation trips to home depot, construction or....recreational vehicles. This brings me to the thought that the perp is from around there and knows the area. I think in the panic of whatever crime he (ok, she) committed, they dumped the bike at the first place that popped into their head as they remembered the other murders. Which I'm not familiar with BTW.

Buying pot at that hour. I think that's a stretch. If she's a regular pot smoker, she would not let herself run so low that she had to go buy some at 2:00 in the am. I just don't see that.

The last text or call she got bothers me, but I don't know much about that.

And I do still believe that whoever did this was someone she was not necessarily friends with, but maybe knew OF.

Great job sleuthers. This thread has kept me through the hell of a kernel panic/iPhoto crash that I've been dealing with all day! And if you don't know what a kernel panic is, try not to!

Why cant a dog follow her scent take the dog to where they saw her on the bike and let the dog see if it can follow the path her bike took!

Will the presser be live streamed from anywhere? TIA ...and linky?

Got it...thanks!

I was interested to hear what the poster said too, because to me, and I've been taught that when LE releases a photo, they do it for more reasons than just what sticks out in front, it's what's behind in the photo that is really telling, and with the time frames there in all three photos, that's the same truck.

you are correct in this case... the timestamps on university are very telling...
not what times the cars passed...
the fact that one says 1:49:38 and the other says 1:51:27 says a lot about the frame-rate... we know there are many more pics or video from this camera based on those times...

if one was at 1:49:38 and the other at 1:51:38... we might assume it snaps a pic at lest once per minute

the fact they they are at odd times to each other says at least one pic snapped per second and possibly full motion video is available to them

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member