LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone and anyone/place that has any camera between Johnston Street and Congress and University to Cajundome Blvd should check you security camera!!! She is out there somewhere and needs to come back home. She and her family deserve nothing less. If it was an accident I hope that the person will please admit to it and I'm sure their punishment will be less than when they are caught, because they will be! And if someone knows who did this, turn them in! I'm sure if someone has done this on accident, they'd want their family to know that they're ok. I mean seriously, this is crazy. We must find Mickey!

Does LUS really only have ONE camera. Why would they have a camera for only one entrance/ parking lot, when the building is surrounded by parking lots and has multiple entrances? Further up (after the drive thru) where I was suspecting Mickey cut though, their should be another camera. If it had the same angles, you'd see Pizza Hut/Buns and maybe Brashear St. She could have easily taken a left there. If she had, she wouldn't have been on the next camera that we see the car and truck.
Just please, if you live or work in that Johnston/Univerity/Congress/St. Mary Blvd, check your cameras!!!

Im gonna go drop **** off the bridge to see where it lands and put this argument to rest!
If I see you I will stop and help you. Don't get hit.

Also please do look around and ask around for hunting cameras. The ones I have ever dealt with have night vision.

'Obviously they wouldn't have been mentioned if they were on the handle bars'. No other bicycle parts were mentioned except damage to the wheel.

The handle bar grips are of soft tissue & would possibly contain dna. Possibly indicates a forensically aware predator.

Yep, I'm with you on that, but, why would the perps DNA be on the handle grips?

Very, very odd, about the handle grips.

I do. The bridge is high and the water level is low right now. I think a drop from that height would damage the rear tire if it landed on it. I know they think it was driven down there and placed where it was found but they say that because of the lack of shoulder on that section. I'm guessing of its 2-3am... Perp has time to stop vehicle, check behind him to gauge distance of any cars by their headlights, grab bike, drop over the side, and leave. 20-30 seconds needed, tops. IMO

If it was a truck with a passenger, the driver could've slowed down and allowed the passenger riding along in the truck bed to heave it out.

But maybe it would've left some sort of deep indention in the surface of the ground, even in shallow water, if it would've been tossed from that height.

The thing that really stood out for me was that they wouldn't confirm if the hand grips were on the bike--I don't even understand why somebody thought to ask this. I suppose the perp probably used the handgrips to move the bike and may have removed them to try to get rid of evidence but then you'd think s/he would have destroyed them. Also, my hand grips are really difficult to get off of the handlebars...it's not something that would likely happen in an accident of any type.

That takes some force to take it off. This is a perfect, porous area to contain a lot of possible DNA. If they were removed, then this was well thought out. They might have wanted to take the handles off because that is one of the main things to distinguish the bike from any other black bike. As if someone would just skip over it because there were no grips.

The back tire is damaged. The perp runs up on her and knocks her off. He gets out and is all "I'm sorry" and seems real nice. He says "I'll bring you anywhere you need to go, let's load up your bicycle." She agrees, and that's that. That's why nobody heard anything, there was no struggle, no mace. She went willingly.

Isabelle,

Pleease don't make me regret posting the info about Autozone here.

I have asked that you let them call me back.

Please don't start calling Autozone. I said I know the manager, I have called corporate, and they're going to try to get permission.

If you start calling them, all it's going to do is make trouble for the manager (my friend), make more of a stink than need be, probably not get it done any faster, and also ruin my 10-year business relationship there unnecessarily.

I'm on it.

Wait, did you mean me? My name isnt Isabelle.

Dont worry, wasnt going to cause a stink, was just going to tell husband to make sure one was hung up inside that store.

I know other Autozone's have them, as he sent me a picture of the posters on the glass of the store one day after I had gone out to search for her with some people.

So I'd just like to make sure whatever store doesnt have one will now have one.

I guarantee if my husband brings a poster to hang in that store, there is no way it will not get hung up in the store ;)

Just getting back on here, did I miss the presser?
Here's a good synopsis of presser:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7980995&postcount=365"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #9[/ame]

This was on the fb page for her

>>At this time the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however it is still ongoing. This suspension includes food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort.

This suspension however does not include benefits that are already scheduled to take place. We would also like to reiterate that upon the concl...usion of the search effort, all supplies and money in all donation accounts will be given to non-profit organizations.

This in no way means that our efforts will decrease , only that they have changed out of necessity, and we encourage everyone to reblog, repost, reshare, and keep talking about Mickey. We cannot begin to express the gratitude and affection we have for everyone who helped us in any way. We would not have gotten anywhere close to where we are today without you guys.

Thank you so much from the bottom of all of our hearts and please keep checking in with us. We’ll do our best to keep you updated.

Find Mickey Shunick Volunteer Effort

I'm not sure that that means. Are they still searching? What about TX Equusearch?

:(

Some have indicated Mickey might of been wanting to buy drugs and that's why she went over to that side of town perhaps. It's also said she was hungover from partying and booze from the night before... Seems pretty "high risk" if you ask me.

I find it odd how a killer in Jennings, Louisiana is able to get away with 8 murders in a town of under 11,000. Talk about high crime rate and obviously LE at least in that area isn't doing a good enough job...

While it is unfortunate, most college students Mickey's age go out and drink "which sometimes results in drunkeness which causes hangovers. By "high risk" I think they are referring to prostitution...all of the victims in Jennings had records of prostitution. I follow the Jennings cases very closely and they are positive that all of the victims know their killer as one of their trusted "tricks."

Honestly, I cannot even conjure up a realistic scenario where Mickey is alive...I know there are some fantastical ones, but truly...if someone hit her on her bike and took her away, injured or worse...are we supposed to believe they are nursing/hiding her? And to what purpose? She can ID them by now, if she is alive.

I do think they will find those drivers though...

JMO

Shawn Hornbeck was on his bike, the perp hit the bike and kidnapped him. He was found alive after years and years. So you never know.

Based on what was released today I am speculating the bike was dumped here. This is the boat dock on the east end, leading into the canal...

Attachments

• Boat Launch.jpg
    Boat Launch.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 73
While it is unfortunate, most college students Mickey's age go out and drink "which sometimes results in drunkeness which causes hangovers. By "high risk" I think they are referring to prostitution...all of the victims in Jennings had records of prostitution. I follow the Jennings cases very closely and they are positive that all of the victims know their killer as one of their trusted "tricks."
Hello and welcome to WS, Bingo123.

After trying to watch the press conference and filling in the gaps with what I've read here, I am 100% convinced that it was a crime of opportunity. Truck pulls up behind Mickey, taps her (damaging the bike) and with no ride home now, he convinces her to let him give her a ride home. She may or may not have been injured, and maybe is a bit disoriented if she fell and hit her head without a helmet on. He says "It'll be quicker to go down to Congress from University"...by the time she realizes he's not turning on Congress it's too late. He subdues her somehow and hops on I-10, ditches the bike, and continues on his way to go God knows what to her. That explains why she's not on the camera, why the truck turns around, why there's no evidence at the scene, etc. They want the white truck because they think he did it, they want the other truck and Olds because they think they may have seen something. MOO, of course, but with what we've been told, this is the most likely scenario.

That takes some force to take it off. This is a perfect, porous area to contain a lot of possible DNA. If they were removed, then this was well thought out. They might have wanted to take the handles off because that is one of the main things to distinguish the bike from any other black bike. As if someone would just skip over it because there were no grips.

I believe Brettly did say she had fancy, noticeable grips.

I agree with whoever said that she was hit from behind (purposely) and then abducted. I hate to say this because I want to be optimistic, but I believe that he killed her shortly after the collision, hid her body somewhere and then dropped the damaged bike off the next day, where it was found days later.
It's so frustrating to know that there are people out there who might have seen something, yet won't come forward...

My boyfriend, a mechanic, is adamant that the truck seen by Circle K going in the same direction as Mickey is different than the truck seen by Circle K going the opposite direction.

Someone else could have come along and taped some flyers up after the people who where there dropped them on the ground. It doesn't necessarily mean the perp was right there when everyone else was.

There could even have been fliers taped up BEFORE the crew got there to scatter fliers on the ground. I had a friend drive from Lafayette to Baton Rouge and back again with fliers that she posted along both ways.

BW said her route should have been :
1. rt parkside
2. lft congress
3. left st mary
4. to johnson or st landry - to get on bikepath to cajundome bvd.

But she obviously did not do that. I suffice it to say that instead of taking a completely opposite and different route (st john to st landry t oazalea to
congress) that she merged what BW thought she did but switched the first half of her ride until she got to st landry. From St landry, I hate to say it but I
think she was going to coliseum blvd and cajundome in those desolate fields.

This is incorrect information! When we change BW's words or misrepresent what he said, it causes others to think he is suspect in some way.
There are several articles and at least one video in which Brettly talks about her usual route.

Her usual route began with turning LEFT on Parkside. She avoided Congress right by Ryan.

That old vehicle with the quarter panel damage, there is no way that thing is from around here. How many people know what car you drive? Your neighbors, your fellow employees, the people at your gym, possibly where you buy your groceries, where you buy your gas. I would imagine an awful lot. Now imagine your car is one that sticks out an awful lot; a one of a kind car with very specific and obvious damage. I imagine more than a hundred people know who drives that car, if the car is indeed from Lafayette. Yet the police has not found that person yet.

Doesn't make sense. That car is not from around here.

And the trucks will never be found for the exact opposite reason. Every one of us here in Lafayette knows 100 people who drive a white truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne