LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is so incredibly frustrating. my husband doesnt understand why im devoting so much time to this, and i really dont either. but i feel like the clues have to be there. its just so weird to not have any evidence at the scene. i really dont think she would have left her route to get into a vehicle without a fight of some sort, unless it was a quick unexpected blow to the head. : ( i really hope they find prints on the bike. im holding out hope for that.

Well, you could be out shopping! I use that and get no flack!

Well, it's interesting how LE is calling the person a perpetrator.

If LE thought this was a hit & run turned sour, I would think they would be appealing to the perp's sense of "not being a criminal" and "it was an accident, do the right thing and come forward".

Waiting......:waitasec:

True...but I think it is a little late for anyone to come forward and try to say it was an accident...I mean he took her, took the bike, dropped the bike, etc...he is now a kidnapper, at least, if not a murderer, and whether or not he planned it. JMO

What does it mean when someone is arrested and under 'charge' it says "St. Martin parish"? Look at that latest mugshot. I see that's where the basin with an A is located.

Everyone and anyone/place that has any camera between Johnston Street and Congress and University to Cajundome Blvd should check you security camera!!! She is out there somewhere and needs to come back home. She and her family deserve nothing less. If it was an accident I hope that the person will please admit to it and I'm sure their punishment will be less than when they are caught, because they will be! And if someone knows who did this, turn them in! I'm sure if someone has done this on accident, they'd want their family to know that they're ok. I mean seriously, this is crazy. We must find Mickey!

Does LUS really only have ONE camera. Why would they have a camera for only one entrance/ parking lot, when the building is surrounded by parking lots and has multiple entrances? Further up (after the drive thru) where I was suspecting Mickey cut though, their should be another camera. If it had the same angles, you'd see Pizza Hut/Buns and maybe Brashear St. She could have easily taken a left there. If she had, she wouldn't have been on the next camera that we see the car and truck.
Just please, if you live or work in that Johnston/Univerity/Congress/St. Mary Blvd, check your cameras!!!

You are right. It would be strange that LCG/LUS would only have that one poorly positioned camera. Even if she cut through the next parking lot to Azalea, I would think at least one more camera would catch a glimpse of her.

After trying to watch the press conference and filling in the gaps with what I've read here, I am 100% convinced that it was a crime of opportunity. Truck pulls up behind Mickey, taps her (damaging the bike) and with no ride home now, he convinces her to let him give her a ride home. She may or may not have been injured, and maybe is a bit disoriented if she fell and hit her head without a helmet on. He says "It'll be quicker to go down to Congress from University"...by the time she realizes he's not turning on Congress it's too late. He subdues her somehow and hops on I-10, ditches the bike, and continues on his way to go God knows what to her. That explains why she's not on the camera, why the truck turns around, why there's no evidence at the scene, etc. They want the white truck because they think he did it, they want the other truck and Olds because they think they may have seen something. MOO, of course, but with what we've been told, this is the most likely scenario.

I agree that it was a crime of opportunity, but can't bring myself to believe that she got in the car willingly. I used to ride my bike around at night when I was in college (part of the reason why this case has drawn me in as much as it has I think) and I would have never in a million years accepted a ride from a person who bumped my bike. I think more than one person may have been involved in the abduction and that's how/why the bike was taken along with Mickey.

Do it at 2-3am. I used to live right by I-10 in Breaux Bridge. I know it's heavily travelled but I strongly believe it could have been dropped from the bridge. Especially in the wee hours of the night. It wouldn't take that long. Perp could easily see if a car were coming his way and any vehicles going westbound would be unlikely to be paying attention to a vehicle stopped eastbound for 20-30seconds. Perp could have assumed he was over the Whiskey bay channel and possibly didn't realize that it would land in shallow water right there.

Also, I agree about the grips. I think they were found separately from the bike because of the way Cpl. Mouton worded that.

If the bike and two handle grips were thrown separately from the bridge they probably wouldn't end up close together in the water underneath... unless they all hit shallow water and got stuck in some flotsam.

At 4AM the traffic on I-10 at Whiskey Bay is fairly light (per the traffic cams). If you were quick about it, watched your rearview mirror and had an accomplice I think you might be able to successfully toss it all from the bridge, but you wouldn't have time to wait and listen for the splash.

Iles De Cannes. You know...just in case you happen upon that road one day. You should probably avoid it.

We don't know that LE doesn't have that broken reflector.

Or that the perp didn't pick up all debris he could find--if he went this far to cover his steps he clearly had an idea about how to pull this off with some sort of success.

On that note...college student? Criminal Justice classes? I know the average person knows a bit about forensics, but when I was in criminal justice classes at UL we covered crime scenes, 'what could be done differently to destroy/hide evidence', etc. over and over and over again in theory. I had a professor once tell us how to commit the 'perfect murder' from location to a body dumping site and how to dispose of evidence....

ive read every page, that may be why everything is beginning to jumble together lol. to my untrained eye, the two trucks in front of the gas station are the same truck. the other truck doesnt look like the same truck to me, since i cant see the dark gas compartment cover.

I know what you mean LOL, sometimes on these cases I swear my eyeballs are going to bleed, this is what was said.

Originally Posted by wodalo
this is moving too fast for me... please go back and read my post about my pic findings...

window visors on truck
vehicle with lights off following bike in first pic
etc... much of what i found has not been discussed as far as i've seen

please take a look... i spent time on this i don't have and if anyone would like me to continue to... at least take a look a my findings thus far....

peace

I read it all, many thanks to you for doing that. I've been taught to look at the distance in pictures that LE posts, and what I saw, was the same things that you saw, now what about this other truck? What is your take?

this is the same truck... it turned left at circle k onto university (fact) at least a fact that it was in the lane to turn left in the pic...
university camera WILL have this pic... (FACT) based on the given known framerate unless it is motion sensing but then yields the same results.

it looks different but is the same truck

so this truck in in a possible 5 of the 6 pics we have

I would think that would definitely be a place to look, esp since she was last seen not far from that area. This is sickening, I know. I am a mother. I lost my 22 year old son 8+ years ago to a MVA. I cannot imagine the grief, agony and pain the family is experiencing with the unknown. Thanks.

I am so sorry for your loss Isabelle.

OK everyone so check this out. That Presser le me to believe they have no other photos of her on her bike thus far. Given that, see the photo attached. The shaded blue area was covered by cam, the rest we can't see. There is no photo of her where the Older car was captured in front of those apartments. So if we assume there is no photo of her there because she didn't go there, then where did she go? The green lines are other ways that she could have gone before reaching that camera at the apartment. Ill try to do a better one later, but I'm at work right now.
Green line: Optional Path by Mickey.
Blue area: surveilance views

I've been wondering about that too. The distance between the circle K we see her pass by and the camera where the old car is seen is about 200 yards. 20 seconds or so by bike. Why is there no picture of MS on that second camera just a bit down? Maybe there is and they haven't released it. But I believe she was abducted before she got to the second camera, in the 200 yards between the two cameras.

I used to live in those apartments in the pic for two years. I called the landlord and asked if they had cameras and he said no.

Does the cemetery in the area where the vehicle/s were seen on video fill a whole block, is it accessible from more than one entrance, like a front and back? Thanks

Chicken Fried, you seem to have vanished, but I'm seeing the poster you made with the car all over Facebook! I put it up on my wall but I'm seeing at least 4 people "sharing" it from people I don't know. This is great!

Hold down the fort guys! Gonna go make a donation drop to goodwill, back soon.

I agree that it was a crime of opportunity, but can't bring myself to believe that she got in the car willingly. I used to ride my bike around at night when I was in college (part of the reason why this case has drawn me in as much as it has I think) and I would have never in a million years accepted a ride from a person who bumped my bike. I think more than one person may have been involved in the abduction and that's how/why the bike was taken along with Mickey.

Possibly, but if she fell off and hit her head, she may not be thinking clearly. Or if her cell phone was damaged and she had no way to call for help and her bike wasn't able to be ridden. I would think that her getting in willingly would explain why no one outside at Circle K heard screaming. That wasn't really the main point of my scenario...I just think it was an intentional hit to get her off the bike.

I wish a pic of the bike could be made available. Would like to see the extent of the damage...just more fodder for thought and speculation.

You would not really have to hit the back of a bike very hard to bend the rim. It seems though as if a truck bumper being higher...would tend to impact higher on the rim and bend it whereas a car bumper would be lower and closer to back center of the wheel and tend to just bump the bike forward. Just wild speculation on my part...

If that's where the perp grabbed it (perhaps in haste) to put it in his vehicle then there would be prints. If this was a planned bump the bike and grab the girl, you'd think the perp(s) would be prepared with gloves.

They believe the bike has been there since May 19, I wonder why -- corrosion? Is the Basin fresh water, salt water or a mix?

Since they do not believe it was thrown from the bridge, it would probably need to be pushed somewhat and then thrown in...and since there was a big rain on the following Monday, there wouldn't be any tire tracks leading to the edge of the water. ??

Guys, I'm going to delete the video I posted earlier, and replace it with two smaller ones where my son is not as visible. There's a flash of the top of his head in the ones I'm uploading where in the first, he's much more visible. I hadn't realized that Shelly had caught him so well on the video, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it immediately.

The two videos are uploading now to YouTube, and I'll be posting those links as soon as I can. We also took some video from University, heading towards St Landry that might have shown what route the car took, if that'll give you all a better idea of the area and how quickly a vehicle can cover that amount of space. I'm going over the videos now to make sure they're free of images of TJ. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc