Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Tuesday, the East Baton Rouge Coroner's Office shared preliminary autopsy results, noting there was no sign of internal or external trauma, meaning it appeared he was neither beaten nor was he stuck by any kind of weapon. The manner and cause of death is still pending the final autopsy report and toxicology results.

Police said the death is not being investigated as a homicide at this time.

If there are no signs of foul play, the death could be determined to be accidental or undetermined. In that instance, there would possibly be no charges directly tied to Millard's death.
The coroner’s office also will likely need to conduct toxicology tests to determine if any substances were in Millard’s body that could have killed him or contributed to his death.

Investigators said it is possible he was with others when he accidentally overdosed and they moved his body to another location.

The Baton Rouge Police Department will hold a news conference at 4 p.m. to release what its investigation has revealed in Millard’s death.
The video at this link states that he was wrapped in plastic and wrapped in a rug. The news report I watched yesterday said wrapped in a rug and covered by plastic.

Either way, investigators saying it's "possible" he was with others when he OD'd and they moved his body is kind of odd, considering it's rather preposterous to assume he did it to himself.

Even if this is an accidental overdose, wouldn't moving his body be criminal? Concealing it, not coming forward to report it is criminal isn't it? Unless they were using right there where he was found, someone would have had to drive him to that location. This seems beyond just leaving a person who had OD'd and getting out of there. Whoever he was with took some steps to conceal his body and move him.

Even if this is an accidental overdose, wouldn't moving his body be criminal? Concealing it, not coming forward to report it is criminal isn't it? Unless they were using right there where he was found, someone would have had to drive him to that location. This seems beyond just leaving a person who had OD'd and getting out of there. Whoever he was with took some steps to conceal his body and move him.
Thing is, Baton Rouge is a cesspool of violence. This is a drop in the bucket. College girl was shot point blank in her car a few months ago and nothing was done. The people running the city don't care. Couple weeks ago by the college, there was a shootout where at least 40 rounds were shot off. I sit in my office in south Baton Rouge and listen to sirens all day.

I'm watching the press conference. What was he doing wandering around for 6 hours? He left the business at 10:30, then bus station at 11:30.. why would he got to the bus station? They said he was offered assistance and he declined. Then he was seen on various cameras and seemed to be under his own control and the last time was 430am. So he just wandered downtown for 6 hours? If he was looking for something, is this typical behavior? Just wandering around?

Edited: they won't comment on where he was last seen at 430am on camera.

Edited X 2.. they didn't take the entire rug?? Anyone have any idea WHY the entire rug wouldn't be needed if a body was found rolled up in it?

I'm watching the press conference. What was he doing wandering around for 6 hours? He left the business at 10:30, then bus station at 11:30.. why would he got to the bus station? They said he was offered assistance and he declined. Then he was seen on various cameras and seemed to be under his own control and the last time was 430am. So he just wandered downtown for 6 hours? If he was looking for something, is this typical behavior? Just wandering around?

No, not normal to be walking around downtown that late and definitely not in the area he was in.

No, not normal to be walking around downtown that late and definitely not in the area he was in.
I in no way am trying to say he was looking for drugs, but IF he was, that even seems very unreasonable to just wander for 6 hours. I wonder if something else was going on. Was he drugged at the bar he was at? Maybe drugged with the goal to rob him, but he was kicked out or something else happened and he wasn't robbed, but being drugged he just wandered? Just trying to find a solution to why he would be doing that and having it NOT be foul play.

Also, we know he was to meet his client at what 8am? He's still out at 430 so at this point I'd think he wasn't able to understand the time that it was?

Edited X 2.. they didn't take the entire rug?? Anyone have any idea WHY the entire rug wouldn't be needed if a body was found rolled up in it?
I think he was looking to purchase drugs, maybe even more than one time.

This is unbelievably tragic and sad. Addiction, whatever the kind, is a nasty beast. I suppose it’s possible he didn’t knowingly take any drugs, but if that’s the case, alcohol certainly could have had his guard down. I feel for his family.

I am late to this thread so I'm sorry if I am missing some context -

Some drugs, like GHB, leave your system very quickly and wouldn't show up on an autopsy. Is it possible he was drugged using a drug like that? That would also explain wandering around aimlessly for hours if he was blacked out.

Fentanyl, also - showing up in lots of party drugs in lethal doses. There was even a child who passed away after coming in contact with fentanyl residue in an Airbnb ): Nathan may not have known he was ingesting anything at all.

bbm.
Hmmm....

Even if this is an accidental overdose, wouldn't moving his body be criminal ?
Concealing it, not coming forward to report it is criminal isn't it? Unless they were using right there where he was found, someone would have had to drive him to that location. This seems beyond just leaving a person who had OD'd and getting out of there. Whoever he was with took some steps to conceal his body and move him.
Bbm
Afaik; Yes.
Abuse of a corpse is chargeable under the law.
What in the world is going on ?

bbm.
Hmmm....
Yeah, they said they want anyone coming forward to confirm that so they aren't commenting on it at this time. Makes me wonder if they want to know if that is in fact the last place he was during this 430 hour or if he went somewhere else and wasn't caught on camera. I guess it also vets any potential witnesses if they say they saw him at a place and it isn't where he was on camera.

My understanding is that the term foul play in this context would refer to homicide or an act of violence. No one shot, stabbed, suffocated, or bludgeoned this man to death. Concealing and moving his body to avoid becoming involved in a police investigation is certainly a criminal act, but it would not constitute foul play in his death.

They said no foul play is expected. I don't think he wrapped himself in plastic and the rug.
My guess is, he was in some stranger's home when he died of an overdose. People there didn't want to call police, that would potentially get them into trouble for possessing/
supplying illegal drugs, so they removed his body. Welcome to the world of addiction.

I in no way am trying to say he was looking for drugs, but IF he was, that even seems very unreasonable to just wander for 6 hours. I wonder if something else was going on. Was he drugged at the bar he was at? Maybe drugged with the goal to rob him, but he was kicked out or something else happened and he wasn't robbed, but being drugged he just wandered? Just trying to find a solution to why he would be doing that and having it NOT be foul play.

Also, we know he was to meet his client at what 8am? He's still out at 430 so at this point I'd think he wasn't able to understand the time that it was?

I am wondering whether he had any intention of attending the meeting. Perhaps he was struggling mentally or feeling at the end of his rope. * My opinions.

The video at this link states that he was wrapped in plastic and wrapped in a rug. The news report I watched yesterday said wrapped in a rug and covered by plastic.

Either way, investigators saying it's "possible" he was with others when he OD'd and they moved his body is kind of odd, considering it's rather preposterous to assume he did it to himself.
I think they are just trying to be neutral, since they don't know the exact scenario. For example, someone may have found his remains much later, but for their own reasons wrapped them up...

RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back