Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My guess is, he was in some stranger's home when he died of an overdose. People there didn't want to call police, that would potentially get them into trouble for possessing/
supplying illegal drugs, so they removed his body. Welcome to the world of addiction.
I totally understand if it was an accidental overdose that the others there might just get rid of the body and not call police - I get it - it happens. What I am struggling with is why the need to wrap the body in plastic and then roll the body up in a rug and then conceal it in an out of the way spot ? Most I assume just take the body and toss it into the woods off the road etc. I am also interested in what type of plastic it was wrapped in - an old tarp, garbage bags, or shrink wrap etc - and what type of rug it was and the rug's condition. ( I am catching up on this so if we know those things I will hopefully come across that info). It totally feels like there is more here than currently "meets the eye" ALL IMO

I think all states should have laws where you don't get in legal trouble for reporting an od. Too many bodies are dumped because the fellow users don't want their names run by law enforcement, or they fear being charged with drug possession.

My heart aches for his wife and kids. :( This sort of reminds me of the case a few years back (sadly I cannot recall her name) of the woman that went out with some friends to a bar, then later was found deceased, also rolled in a sheet/blanket and in a super sketchy part of town. She OD'd, and someone was scared they'd be blamed. Unforunately, it's not as rare as it should be.

jmo
Paighton Houston
And that was my first thought also

Victimology is not victim blaming. It comes without judgment. But it is necessary to know what avenues to explore.

For example, if I go shopping and someone is looking for me, they would check the shoe store. Clothing store. Kitchen store. But the places they would likely not check would be the electronics store. The tuxedo shop. It's not a judgment about a person. It's knowing the things that are possible for that person, to be able to better investigate.

Plenty of people drink or do drugs. It remains to be seen if that was a factor here. But, it's a possibility in his life, so it's ok to explore that option. Logical evidence (appearing intoxicated, walking the streets instead of going to hotel, getting money and checking balances at ATM in late late night hours) says its a likely factor, so needs to be explored. It's uncomfortable, but it is not a judgment about him. It's just part of victimology- knowing your victim's habits and tendencies. Even if this was say an accidental overdose- someone supplied the drugs and someone rolled him. At least 1 other person knows what happened and it needs to be investigated.
Well said and completely agree !!

also--it's great to see you in here !!

NM did NOT wrap himself up in a rug and plastic !!

Somebody(s) knows something !!

I would like to look into the business aspects of this trip.

I would also like to look into the Strip club visit.

I would look into how NM was found, early that morning, in a scary part of town due to a "smell"

Those are where my thoughts are going at this time.

and--I will patiently wait for the ME/ Autopsy & Tox reports....those will tell us a lot also.

As expected, sadly.
Not buying it all !!
The accidental OD could have been from someone slipping him something or not... but Im leaning towards that way, for now.

Regardless, a person who accidentally OD's does NOT wrap themselves in a rug and plastic and roll oneself to an abandoned building area JS and IMO

What I am struggling with is why the need to wrap the body in plastic and then roll the body up in a rug and then conceal it in an out of the way spot ? Most I assume just take the body and toss it into the woods off the road etc. I am also interested in what type of plastic it was wrapped in - an old tarp, garbage bags, or shrink wrap etc - and what type of rug it was and the rug's condition. ( I am catching up on this so if we know those things I will hopefully come across that info). It totally feels like there is more here than currently "meets the eye" ALL IMO
Wrapping a person's remains in a rug is a movie and TV cliche for good reason: it lessens physical contact with fluids, etc including on car interior, no problem being seen carrying a rug, no need for inner city folks to drive through endless suburbs, trying to find mythical woods, just find a vacant lot a few blocks away.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm kind of relieved by this, I'd pictured far more sinister scenarios.
I've saved my brother's life twice when he was using, he literally just passed out, and hopefully it was the same for Nathan :(
But he didn't roll himself up inside a Rug and then wrap Plastic around himself after he OD'd

I would look into how NM was found, early that morning, in a scary part of town due to a "smell"

and--I will patiently wait for the ME/ Autopsy & Tox reports....those will tell us a lot also.
I agree! I don't know how common it would be to be driving around a sketchy part of town with the windows down at that hour of the morning AND get out to see about a bad smell. NOPE Unless you are part of a search party, why would a bad smell make you get out and see what it was? It is possible it's just as the person said, but that's a brave individual there.

I agree! I don't know how common it would be to be driving around a sketchy part of town with the windows down at that hour of the morning AND get out to see about a bad smell. NOPE Unless you are part of a search party, why would a bad smell make you get out and see what it was? It is possible it's just as the person said, but that's a brave individual there.
Right?!?!?!
Stranger things have happened, but .........

I'm confused, why does it involve driving? Presumably there are people who live /work next door to the vacant lot, and/or walk past it?

I learned during the Paighton Houston case in Alabama that that state has a law that says disposal of a body that would offend “ordinary family sensibilities” is a crime. That phrase has always stuck with me. “Ordinary family sensibilities,” which I think means middle- and upper-middle class beliefs about what should be done with a dead body. This is Louisiana so the law likely reads differently and I‘d be interested to learn if that’s true and if so, how. That said, I personally understand and appreciate, IMO, how my own beliefs about how death should be handled and about fear of LE/shame/distancing factor in. He OD’d, was at some latter point wrapped up and dumped, and was at some point called in, with a reward potentially serving as motivation. This is like living on Mars to me, it’s so foreign. But it’s real, and it’s not that uncommon, and I have to recalibrate my Ordinary Family Sensibilities and attempt hard to make some good out of this awful story!

I'm confused, why does it involve driving? Presumably there are people who live /work next door to the vacant lot, and/or walk past it?
I dont think there are any businesses there that are open.
It's just a vacant lot and nothing close to there, but I am not from there so only going by the maps.

more things we do not know- was he fully clothed? stains, DNA, anything else on him/the clothing(?). Anything else with him-business cards, watch, pen, etc or was anything he had with him taken. they have video that was not released, so they know other places he was seen. IMO.

I wish Nathan could have held on for one more day.

Kind thoughts are with the loved ones he left behind. May they find peace and comfort in knowing his struggle has ended. May his legacy live on in the wonderful things that may come of this tragic event.

This:

"I would also like to look into the Strip club visit."

Alcohol is available on airline flights, in the lounge at the Marriott, and at [Pistol] Pete Maravich Assembly Center where the LSU basketball game against Vandy was played. O/T Shaquille O'Neal played basketball for LSU from 1989-1992.

From the presser:
He "was not in distress and nothing was taking place criminally" How does one die of a street overdose without acquiring illegal drugs which are illegal to have, hold, buy, sell, trade or possess but nothing criminally happened?

JMO
RIP NathanMillard

He was seen at the Greyhound bus station, alone, by a security guard. Odd. And later found wrapped in a rug and plastic. Outside of a mortuary, and police do not suspect foul play? Seriously?

And Bob Saget hit his head somewhere and fell asleep. The end.

This:

Alcohol is available on airline flights, in the lounge at the Marriott, and at [Pistol] Pete Maravich Assembly Center where the LSU basketball game against Vandy was played. O/T Shaquille O'Neal played for LSU from 1989-1992.

From the presser:
He "was not in distress and nothing was taking place criminally" How does one die of a street overdose without acquiring illegal drugs which are illegal to have, hold, buy, sell, trade or possess but nothing criminally happened?

JMO

It is possible someone followed him after he used the ATM with attempt to rob him.

I just dont see a random mugger though, wrapping him up in a rug and plastic.

That to me, is a bit more personal, not a random mugger

I am curious on the "business" aspect of this trip, if they are co-owners of property, etc or whatever was going on there business wise.
Screenshot 2023-03-07 11.15.21 PM.png
executive from GA found in Baton Rouge - Bing

NM's lovely wife said in a phone interview that he traveled to BR to look at a building site 'for his company'. However, she may have meant he traveled for the company he worked for and did not for his own personal company.

NM worked at Advanced Construction in Conyers. More than one headline had him as an Executive from GA... Perhaps the 8 o'clock meeting NM missed was with a commercial real estate agent that represented the owner(s) of the prospective site but it's merely a guess.

Ga. Father Who Vanished on Business Trip Found Dead in Louisiana Rolled Up in Carpet, Wrapped in Plastic

I am relieved to learn from the presser that the investigation is ongoing. Whatever the family wants and feels is right, I stand with them. TMiller seemed to feel there may be a POI involved.

A huge deterrent to crime is police visibility. Patrol cars could roll down the roads patrolling with their bleu lights on without sirens. Be the presence that helps prevent these senseless acts.

This:

Alcohol is available on airline flights, in the lounge at the Marriott, and at [Pistol] Pete Maravich Assembly Center where the LSU basketball game against Vandy was played. O/T Shaquille O'Neal played for LSU from 1989-1992.

From the presser:

JMO

It actually is possible that there was nothing criminal taking place. I have no idea what happened here and I agree, it seems suspicious to me, but let's say IF he had a legal prescription for pain medication or for anxiety or for addiction, and he consumed a lot of alcohol. It's possible he could have accidentally caused his own death. The mixture of alcohol with some prescribed medication can have a lethal consequence. It would be labeled as OD, even if it's an overdose of alcohol in these cases. Likewise, if he was on more than one medication class I listed above and he drank even moderate amounts of alcohol, it could also lead to a fatal interaction.

Again, don't know if that's what happened. But just wanted to clarify that it is possible.

That said, agree that we need more answers. Who wrapped him in carpet and why couldn't they just call 911? JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back