Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For the free lancing exotic entertainer possiblity, the men would not be jus tmaking a stop, but also making a contact. Thus, the time frame given in the artticle seems a little tight:

I agree, the timeline is awfully tight. But if they headed directly to Happy's after the game, then there's the opposite problem. Surely it doesn't take the pair an hour and a half to exit the arena, find an Uber and make the 10-minute trip back downtown.

Even with crowds there's a good hour in that timeline that remains a mystery. (At least it's a mystery to us. I'm sure the investigators have a better idea of their movements.)

He also presumably had to get so intoxicated at the club in that short duration that he couldn't get served at Happy's at 9:30. Even if he got a head start with some beers at the game, that would be an impressive amount of alcohol consumption in a short period of time for the average adult male, assuming he wasn't on any kind of medication that lowered his tolerance.

The stream of time flows differnt for all, sometimes quuckly, at times slowly, and at times, it stand still for all men....

Ok, meaningless false mysticism aside....

For the free lancing exotic entertainer possiblity, the men would not be jus tmaking a stop, but also making a contact. Thus, the time frame given in the artticle seems a little tight:

- 8:00 game ends
- 8:10 men very quickly leave their seats. Find, and get into an Uber ride
- 8:25 Uber driver very deftly gets through crowd leaving game, arrives at club and drops them off

And now things might get tight

-8:30 Cleared bouncer and seated. Start looking for a free lancing girl.

My guess, however, is that even a clubs were free lancing occurs, one can not ask too openly about it w/o being identified as a possible problem person. Rather, one must first spend money and time first with the individual dancers. Then start raising the question.

Then, there are the soft factors The male would probably want to, ok, evaluate several dancers first before starting to approach them about free lancing possibilities.

Remembering my handful of club visits, my friends never wanted to rush out. Door fees were expensive! Heck, the whole purpose of going was to see girls and have fun. At the minimum, they wanted to see all the performers- at least once. Favorite performers must be seen twice- right?

9:20 Men manage to find a free lancing girl in just 50 minutes. Then, relatively suddenly, decide that the whole strip joint scene has gotten stale despite an apparent interest in the theme and the effort to get there. Arrange for an Uber to take them back to Happys.

9:30 Back at Happys?
Right? I think you are spot on. I'm just not reading this disappearance as anything other than "wrong place, wrong time."

Has it been proven conclusively NM was seen at the ATMs in the early morning or was just his card used?

Have all abandoned properties in a 1 mile radius of his hotel been searched?

Is the river being searched? That's something I find odd if not.

Is there video of NM at the gentleman's club?

TIA & MOO

We're also assuming they stayed at the game until the end. We know Nathan Facetimed his wife to show her their seats, but unless anyone saw them there at the end of the game, they could have dipped out anytime after that and might have gone to the club for hours.

We're also assuming they stayed at the game until the end. We know Nathan Facetimed his wife to show her their seats, but unless anyone saw them there at the end of the game, they could have dipped out anytime after that and might have gone to the club for hours.
That's why we need more video evidence of where he was & when. I'm more interested in any video after Happy's.

Somebody on the street knows more. I hope transients & homeless are being interviewed. The recent case of the Texas teacher in New Orleans was solved by a report she was seen eating at a shelter IIRC.

Looking forward to more Cajun Navy updates. I'm not seeing this as a mystery. His body just hasn't been found.

MOO

That's why we need more video evidence of where he was & when. I'm more interested in any video after Happy's.

Somebody on the street knows more. I hope transients & homeless are being interviewed. The recent case of the Texas teacher in New Orleans was solved by a report she was seen eating at a shelter IIRC.

Looking forward to more Cajun Navy updates. I'm not seeing this as a mystery. His body just hasn't been found.

MOO
I completely agree. I also think that aside from clearing up the timeline, the surveillance footage from Penthouse and the second trip to Happy's would help shed light on Nathan's behavior that night -- i.e., how intoxicated was he? Was he seen interacting with anyone aside from the business partner?

I'm thinking they went to the LSU game, facetimed wife to show seats, then left shortly thereafter. The game could've just been a cover for a married man wanting to have an alibi for strip club fun. Obviously, this is just my opinion because we don't have a time for when the Uber/Lyft picked them up and drove them to Penthouse. I'm also thinking Penthouse is where Millard got really inebriated, too, and not necessarily the ball game.

I'm thinking they went to the LSU game, facetimed wife to show seats, then left shortly thereafter. The game could've just been a cover for a married man wanting to have an alibi for strip club fun. Obviously, this is just my opinion because we don't have a time for when the Uber/Lyft picked them up and drove them to Penthouse. I'm also thinking Penthouse is where Millard got really inebriated, too, and not necessarily the ball game.
This makes sense as hard as it would be for his loved ones to know this.

This makes sense as hard as it would be for his loved ones to know this.
I agree it would be hard to hear, BUT I we've all made some poor decisions and I don't think it should detract from wanting to find him happy and well. I'm sure his family wants him back no matter the circumstances.

ALSO, I read on another site that Millard could have made his way down to the Greyhound buses to catch a cab - which would make sense if he'd already lost his phone by this point and couldn't use it to get another Uber/Lyft. Perhaps he walks down to the Greyhound station, takes money out of an ATM for a cab (so "YELLOW TAXI" wouldn't show up on bank transactions for his wife to see), and rides to...wherever.

I’ve just google street viewed the walk from Happy’s to the Greyhound bus station. The walk (and we assume he walked) up to 7th and Convention or Florida Sts looks oks fine enough, typical downtown area. But then he would have had to cross under the Interstate overpasses. It’s quite a length across all lanes in a very desolate area. And at the other side, there’s truly nothing except the bus station that would have been open at night, looks residential and empty with some parking. I’m not sure I’d walk under those overpasses during the day.

MOO but I can’t see why anyone would end up all the way over there, risk walking through a dark, deserted stretch under the interstate, with cash unless they needed to buy any number of things that couldn’t as easily be bought (or maybe they perceived couldn’t be) back closer to the livelier area near bars and hotels. JMO but I just truly can’t see how even a very intoxicated person could accidentally wander there.
Nope. I live here and definitely would not go over there. Even in the day I would not walk on that side.

Here is what we know so far:​

• Nathan was last spotted on camera leaving the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Baton Rouge hotel on the afternoon of Wednesday, Feb. 22, where he was staying.
  • He attended the LSU-Vanderbilt basketball game in Baton Rouge that same night with a work client he was on a business trip for.
  • After the game, he and the client took a Lyft from the game to Happy's Irish Pub on 3rd Street in Downtown Baton Rouge at approximately 9:30 p.m.
  • The client said Nathan left the bar around 11:30 p.m. to take a less than two-minute, block walk back to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
  • Nathan did not show up to the meeting with the same client next morning. They were due to meet back on the job site at 8 a.m. The client went to the hotel to request a welfare check at 9 a.m. and the hotel staff reported that it appeared no one had slept there.
  • Nathan's phone was found a ways from the hotel: Amber said a city worker found it at a work site (it's unclear if it's the same job site Nathan was in town for) at Convention Street and North Seventh Street, about four blocks from his hotel.
  • His debit card shows activity since the time of his disappearance: His wife, Amber, said the first transaction was a cash withdrawal and that the card was in use as late as Saturday before she could get it frozen.
  • Kristen Harvey, a search coordinator with Texas EquuSearch, said there was a withdrawal made at an ATM, which is close to where the phone was found. She said authorities have surveillance video of the person withdrawing money from his debit card at the ATM near a Greyhound bus station.
  • There was another withdrawal at another nearby ATM, and "multiple smaller charges" at a Chevron in the one-by-four block radius, Harvey said -- all of it happening between 1 and 2 a.m.
  • He has not been seen or heard from since.

He also presumably had to get so intoxicated at the club in that short duration that he couldn't get served at Happy's at 9:30. Even if he got a head start with some beers at the game, that would be an impressive amount of alcohol consumption in a short period of time for the average adult male, assuming he wasn't on any kind of medication that lowered his tolerance.
Can't ignore the possibility of getting "roofed" either. MOO

Here is what we know so far:​

• Nathan was last spotted on camera leaving the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Baton Rouge hotel on the afternoon of Wednesday, Feb. 22, where he was staying.
  • He attended the LSU-Vanderbilt basketball game in Baton Rouge that same night with a work client he was on a business trip for.
  • After the game, he and the client took a Lyft from the game to Happy's Irish Pub on 3rd Street in Downtown Baton Rouge at approximately 9:30 p.m.
  • The client said Nathan left the bar around 11:30 p.m. to take a less than two-minute, block walk back to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
  • Nathan did not show up to the meeting with the same client next morning. They were due to meet back on the job site at 8 a.m. The client went to the hotel to request a welfare check at 9 a.m. and the hotel staff reported that it appeared no one had slept there.
  • Nathan's phone was found a ways from the hotel: Amber said a city worker found it at a work site (it's unclear if it's the same job site Nathan was in town for) at Convention Street and North Seventh Street, about four blocks from his hotel.
  • His debit card shows activity since the time of his disappearance: His wife, Amber, said the first transaction was a cash withdrawal and that the card was in use as late as Saturday before she could get it frozen.
  • Kristen Harvey, a search coordinator with Texas EquuSearch, said there was a withdrawal made at an ATM, which is close to where the phone was found. She said authorities have surveillance video of the person withdrawing money from his debit card at the ATM near a Greyhound bus station.
  • There was another withdrawal at another nearby ATM, and "multiple smaller charges" at a Chevron in the one-by-four block radius, Harvey said -- all of it happening between 1 and 2 a.m.
  • He has not been seen or heard from since.
The city "work site" was a sidewalk rehab program the city is doing, not related to his trip into town.

There is much more on the timeline in this post from a reputable local investigative reporter including going to a gentlemans club between LSU and Happys.

Can't ignore the possibility of getting "roofed" either. MOO
Right--I first thought Roofied ...but we dont know his alcohol tolerance level or how much he drank but I definitely did not rule out roofied.
also-- ATM withdraws need a PIN #
Most Purchases do NOT need a PIN #

Whoever withdrew $$ from ATM, had his PIN #, which makes me think it was him, but one news article said it was not, so there's that.

Following along here-- First thought was male, intoxicated, roofied, wandering around unknown, strange town...usually = ending up in water.

I pray I am wrong-- I cannot imagine what his wife and family and friends are going through. Hoping he is found soon.

The city "work site" was a sidewalk rehab program the city is doing, not related to his trip into town.

There is much more on the timeline in this post from a reputable local investigative reporter including going to a gentlemans club between LSU and Happys.

From the article:
“Source say that Millard withdrew cash from an ATM downtown several hours after leaving Happy’s.”

Several hours after leaving Happy’s the first time or the second time he went? If it was the second time, what was he doing and where was he between leaving to go back to the hotel for the night and making the ATM withdrawal?

MOO

It would be helpful to know (a) where exactly the ATM withdrawals and small card purchases were made so we had a better understanding of his movements, and (b) if the use of the card for the next 3 days until Saturday was actually NM?

I can’t imagine it would be too difficult for LE to get CCTV of either those ATMs or from shops/gas stations. Because it paints a very different picture if we know it’s NM using his card on Saturday or a stranger (and then if so, who are they?).

Following along here-- First thought was male, intoxicated, roofied, wandering around unknown, strange town...usually = ending up in water.
sbm Isn't it usually young men ca late teens to early 30s that end up in water after a night out?
I haven't seen any statistics but that's what I usually read about.
I'm sure it happens but how common is it for middle-aged family men on a business trip to be found in a river?
My brother's friend was found in water after being drunk, he was 50 but a former addict and not used to having any responsibilities.
I've been thinking that's where Nathan will be found too, but at the same time, it would be rare.
imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back