LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding the "taken from yard" theory. Maybe there was no car. What are some other ways someone could have been less obvious and taken Rondreiz? Four wheeler or other ATV? Horseback? Motorcycle or moped? On foot? Bicycle?

I just stumbled across this thread and read through all the posts. Forgive me if I am remembering incorrectly, but wasn't it mentioned in the beginning that the family had just moved into the house? If so, does anyone know how long they had been there and where they moved from? Also when was this little one last seen by someone other than the mother and BF?
Your comment gives me a thought, could this be in any way related to the previous occupants of the trailer? A case of mistaken occupancy?

I believe Junior has been in his heavenly home since early April.

We are just waiting and hoping someone gets caught in a lie, a clue is undercovered exposing someone or someone is “enticed” to tell/show where Junior’s body is located.

Is there any local news or any family updating their Facebook page about Junior?
I saw several different Facebook pages for the mom - she can’t set up one to gather interest for Junior? I would make a homemade sign and stand in front of the police station or the news station everyday until I got someone’s attention.
I just don’t understand....:(

Is there any local news or any family updating their Facebook page about Junior?
I saw several different Facebook pages for the mom - she can’t set up one to gather interest for Junior? I would make a homemade sign and stand in front of the police station or the news station everyday until I got someone’s attention.
I just don’t understand....:(
I think the answer is staring us all in the face. The two people present when Rondreiz went missing don't want too much attention and maybe for good reason.

It's telling that LE arrested both mom and stepdad on unrelated charges soon after Rondreiz disappeared - we usually only see that in cases where they suspect the caregivers. Otherwise why would LE further traumatize a parent whose child is missing?

I found this article, dated June 19:
One of Junior's relatives, April Winzer, says she and Junior's mother believe that someone came up to Junior's yard and kidnapped him. Winzer is the first cousin of Sheila Phillips, who is Junior's mother.

Sheila Phillips is currently behind bars on a drug charge and family members want to make sure the public understands her arrest is not related to Junior's disappearance.
Claiborne 4-year-old's disappearance putting strain on family
Shelia has since bailed out of jail and while she's been silent about looking for Rondreiz she wanted to make sure the public knows her arrest was not related to his disappearance. So I guess that is what's more important to her instead of looking for her son or keeping his name in the news. :(

Shelia and auntie believe that someone who knows the family has Junior and is holding him to punish Sheila. The Claiborne Sheriff doesn't believe he was abducted.

New article - no news:
KTBS 3 News has spoken with Rondreiz's mother's side of the family who fervently believe the little boy is still alive. His mother's cousin believes he was taken by someone with a vendetta against his mother, Sheila Phillips.

We've recently spoken with a member of Rondreiz's father's side of the family. Shena Henderson is the second cousin of Rondreiz. She visits his father, Cortez, who has been incarcerated since before Rondreiz went missing. She says he's having a hard time coping with his son's disappearance.
Family of missing Claiborne Parish boy speaks out
Rondreiz' second cousin said she and her family were initially told that he wasn't alive and that the stepfather ran him over while high and disposed of his body.

Sheriff Ken Bailey said LE investigated the claim and couldn't find any evidence. He also said the few leads that have come in are investigated but so far all have led to dead ends.

Ex-partner of Rondreiz Phillips’ mother recalls day the child disappeared

Recent interview with Nicholas Gilbert. I had heard some of these details but wasn’t sure what was just gossip. He confirms that the mother wasn’t aware of her son’s whereabouts on that day.
Thank you for this article. I don't know what to think. He could very well be innocent. I wonder if LE checked his alibi out, that he was at his brother's house when Rondreiz went missing?

Thank you for this article. I don't know what to think. He could very well be innocent. I wonder if LE checked his alibi out, that he was at his brother's house when Rondreiz went missing.]

While I may not have a lot of faith in local LE, I have to assume that the FBI would have verified his alibi. So much speculation around here which I won’t share, but I will say that local LE doesn’t trust them for whatever reason. When I’ve called to discuss starting fundraisers for a reward, I’ve been told that it “isn’t necessary” and that money shouldn’t be raised for the family.

Ex-partner of Rondreiz Phillips’ mother recalls day the child disappeared

Recent interview with Nicholas Gilbert. I had heard some of these details but wasn’t sure what was just gossip. He confirms that the mother wasn’t aware of her son’s whereabouts on that day.
Gilbert told msm that he took a polygraph back in April. LE has never confirmed if he did or didn't much less clear him for that or any other reason. Nor have they cleared Rondreiz' mom.

Back in April he was also complaining about being blamed. In his newer interview he's now trying to spin that LE didn't do a good job searching for Rondreiz - that's a lie. LE did search local bodies of water and they even drained some ponds. A reward was offered for information. Many searches were organized.

And now that he's no longer with Shelia he's trying to make it look like she did something. Quite a contrast to what he posted on her FB while she was in jail.

Stepfather of missing child takes lie detector test

I do not believe Rondreiz was "given" to someone else or abducted by a stranger. I don't believe he is alive. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb
Back