LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know how they would have known were Shane live with out of town plates...I also don't think Shane had any run ins with the police...in Jefferson Parish...

Kenny, on the 911 caller audio, at any time did you or Brett, anyone, hear the dispatcher ask for a plate # or hear the caller provide one? Thanks once again.

I want to mention that I am not convinced the PREMIS means that they were at his house! Someone back in the thread explained what it likely means and I can't remember who or what it meant. It has a much stronger feel of coverup if they were at the home a few seconds after the 911 call came in, but I really don't think that is what that code means. I am also not convinced there isn't coverup, but I don't think that is part of it.

I want to mention that I am not convinced the PREMIS means that they were at his house! Someone back in the thread explained what it likely means and I can't remember who or what it meant. It has a much stronger feel of coverup if they were at the home a few seconds after the 911 call came in, but I really don't think that is what that code means. I am also not convinced there isn't coverup, but I don't think that is part of it.

LE arrived one minute after the 911 call was made at his house ((owned by his bro Brett) - Brett lives elsewhere))

on the surface - it could mean that they were just checking to see if he was at home - unknown time when accident occurred

only one hospital was checked as well by the same officer if I recall correctly

First of all let me give you the run down on that night....

Shane got Gas at a near by gas station around 6pm
Shane picked up popeye's for supper
Shane met Brett at Rum Runners around 7pm
Shane had purchased some beers but he got purchased a round for pool team
Shane had drank about 6 beers a 1 shot in 6 hours along with eating popeye's and food at the bar...DRUNK...I don't think so..
This is good info, Kenny. Thanks!

NOTE to SillyBilly: SB, if you add this to the timeline, re-post it in the media thread, and I'll remove the one that's there now. Thanks.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the link to the "media" thread for Shane.

LA - SHANE FELL ** Media, Photos, Maps, Timeline ** NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It was ArchAngel7 (verified LEO) in this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

We ONLY know from the LA state crash report that JPSO sent a deputy to the residence, so if those PREMIS related comments at the beginning of dispatch aren't with regard to an attendance at that time, there's nothing else in the JSPO dispatch report that would relate to a JPSO deputy being sent later.

If Shane still had his GA plates, how would LE even have a current addy for him at 1:00? Brett didn't arrive until 1:09.

ETA: Maybe I'm not familiar with LA licensing and change of address requirements. Could he have changed his address without having purchased his new LA plates?

NOTE to SillyBilly: SB, if you add this to the timeline, re-post it in the media thread, and I'll remove the one that's there now. Thanks.
<rsbm>

Will do shortly Bessie ... am just looking for that bit of info about LE showing up to search and leaving when media left. Want to find a date on that if I can.

ETA: Okay, got it .. and have posted the revised timeline in the media thread.

:truce:
I will give my time line from the start

Thursday i was sick with the flu
Friday i went to work still sick
Friday morning i was informed that Shane was missing.
Friday evening took Meds and started searching
Saturday morning we got together a group of Fireman and Vol. on Four wheels and started searching the area around wreck site.We had contacted the police for flyers but was slow getting them..Still police was not looking for Shane...
Sunday we started out with another search group bigger that Sat....on Sunday the NEWS MEDIA got involved and thats when the police showed up with 4 wheelers running on the levee...Once the news media left..the police did also...The police NEVER TOLD AS ANYTHING about WHEN,WHERE AND HOW TO SEARCH...They would never call us we had to call them..and sometimes it would take days for return calls.....

:truce:

here it is

it's been great to have Kenny here to sort out details -- we have all tried so hard to tease out the details - Kenny has done a great job in filling out the details -- thanks for your ability to put it into a timeline Sillybilly

As noted above and in attached pic, a deputy was dispatched to Shanes house after the fact. I imagine Brett provided the address details.
I am guessing LE just got there times mixed up. In the report they list the car going East and West so im not surprised of the error
Deputies returned to Shanes address at roughly 2:30am once the scene was cleared and found nothing as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-18-23-43-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-18-23-43-14.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2014-06-19-00-01-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-00-01-48.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 27
As noted above and in attached pic, a deputy was dispatched to Shanes house after the fact. I imagine Brett provided the address details.
I am guessing LE just got there times mixed up. In the report they list the car going East and West so im not surprised of the error
Deputies returned to Shanes address at roughly 2:30am once the scene was cleared and found nothing as well.

No, at the beginning of the LA state investigator's crash report he says he was told by JPSO that a deputy (i.e. JPSO deputy) went to the house. Later in that same report, the state investigator says he (the state investigator) and another state trooper went to the house afterwards.

I can only reiterate ... Brett didn't show until 1:09, so how did JPSO dispatcher have entries related to Shane's premises at 1:00?

Poor image, but here is map of one route Shane could have chosen to walk home. As you can see the distance is only 2.8miles.
In the report Brett is listed as showing up around 1:10am at the scene of the accident, talked with a deputy and then left. He was discovered next by LE on opposite side of levy looking for Shane. Safe to say that was around 1:25-1:30am?
If thats close, Shane had over 20-30mins of run/walking time if he left when he first saw LE showing up.
At 3mph he would have traveled over a mile in that time, almost half the 2.8mile distance to his house. By the time Brett got over the levy to look, shane potentially could have been way farther down road than Brett thought.
Additionally it seems possible (although improbable) that Shane could have walked home, packed, and left again after LE's 1st visit and before their 2nd.
I would focus search efforts in a roughly 1.8 mile radious of his home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-18-23-01-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-18-23-01-41.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23
No, at the beginning of the LA state investigator's crash report he says he was told by JPSO that a deputy (i.e. JPSO deputy) went to the house. Later in that same report, the state investigator says he and another state trooper went to the house afterwards.

I can only reiterate ... Brett didn't show until 1:09, so how did JPSO dispatcher have entries related to Shane's premises at 1:00?

I apologize for not being clear, I assume the times are incorrectly reported like much of the other data in the report. I cant say for sure but I dont beleive it states or verifies other reported times of Bretts arrival, it just aknolwedges he was onsite and talked to someone other than the officer writing the report.

This isn't clerical error ... it's a computerized JPSO report with minute by minute, second by second entries.

The state crash report and narrative was all entered by the investigator, so yes, he seems to have gotten east and west mixed up.

Poor image, but here is map of one route Shane could have chosen to walk home. As you can see the distance is only 2.8miles.
In the report Brett is listed as showing up around 1:10am at the scene of the accident, talked with a deputy and then left. He was discovered next by LE on opposite side of levy looking for Shane. Safe to say that was around 1:25-1:30am?
If thats close, Shane had over 20-30mins of run/walking time if he left when he first saw LE showing up.
At 3mph he would have traveled over a mile in that time, almost half the 2.8mile distance to his house. By the time Brett got over the levy to look, shane potentially could have been way farther down road than Brett thought.
Additionally it seems possible (although improbable) that Shane could have walked home, packed, and left again after LE's 1st visit and before their 2nd.
I would focus search efforts in a roughly 1.8 mile radious of his home.

When LE showed up at his house, we don't know if they just knocked or even attempted entry into his house.

So you may be right.....but I don't know if he could have walked that far after a motor vehicle accident.

It's a pretty industrial area there and I am not familiar with the area so cannot judge if there was a lot of traffic or not. One would think that a pedestrian late at night would attract attention.

I apologize for not being clear, I assume the times are incorrectly reported like much of the other data in the report. I cant say for sure but I dont beleive it states or verifies other reported times of Bretts arrival, it just aknolwedges he was onsite and talked to someone other than the officer writing the report.

It's those inconsistencies which raised red flags when we started looking at all the details and upthread those same inconsistencies had gotten Kenny's attention as well - raising doubt overall about the ''truth'' aka facts.

Have you read the timeline lendog? It contains info from 2 separate agency reports ... the report you thumbnailed which is a non-computerized state crash report. The other report we are using is the computerized JPSO report.

As set out in the timeline, that computerized JPSO report states:

1:05 JPSO onscene (note: further down says ONSCN 1:08:04 S819)

01:07:00 MISC C811 Comment: PROBABLY ABOUT 6700 BLOCK

01:07:15 RETURN E818

01:07:56 SELECT

01:08:04 ONSCN S819

1:09am Brett talked to LE, said Shane was fine. Brett said when he arrived a few LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

01:09:11 MISC C811 Comment: WILL HANDLE &#8230; OCCUPANT OUT OF CAR AND LEFT SCENE

01:09:12 INFO DAREA: MHF Comment: VIA 3C11 ADVD THAT ONE OF THE RELATIVES OF THE THAT CALLED THIS IN IS IN A 20 &#8230; ADV TRY GETTING IN TOUCH WITH RELATIVE AND TELL THEM HE IS FINE

At this point, if Kenny is able to obtain the cell phone record pings from LE, that's the best hope for determine whereabouts of Shane with his cellphone potentially. That would be a good search area ..... there are enough IT people out there who could help by getting into his email accounts etc to see if there has been any activity on those accounts as well.

1000807_532430996819583_1907385309_n.jpg

Help Find Shane Fell

It's now 3 years since the accident. It's time for Shane to come home.

At this point, if Kenny is able to obtain the cell phone record pings from LE, that's the best hope for determine whereabouts of Shane with his cellphone potentially. That would be a good search area ..... there are enough IT people out there who could help by getting into his email accounts etc to see if there has been any activity on those accounts as well.

Well first request for phone records was made Monday morning by Brett...as far as i know not talking to Brett yet today....NO EMAIL BACK YET....But i am not SHOCKED......

I do believe we will have to get court ordered papers to get them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper