LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. So neither should be stated as fact. :)

I wasn't offering it as fact, although I did back up my statement with a video of his brother saying it, as quoted above. I will be sure to clarify that my opinions are just that.. Mine and only mine. moo:moo::moo::moo::moo:

In fact, if you would kindly direct me, I would like to be verified as an insider on this case.

As much as I would love for the family to be reunited with Shane, I am skeptical that these sightings are him. I just followed the Jeff Boucher case in which there were people who were "absolutely sure" they had seen him, when in fact it turned out not to be him at all. I believe there is probably a homeless person who looks like Shane, but is not him. I just can't see with all the billboards etc. how he could not be found after all this time.

I also don't understand how he could leave the scene with his wallet and cell phone, and not be able to figure out who he was, if amnesia set in.

I wasn't offering it as fact, although I did back up my statement with a video of his brother saying it, as quoted above. I will be sure to clarify that my opinions are just that.. Mine and only mine. moo:moo::moo::moo::moo:
Shane fled the LE because he feared being arrested for the DUI.

It's a fact that Brett said "you're gonna get arrested." That's what he surmised, and he was on the right track, imo. No argument there. That does not make it a fact that Shane left on his own, and IF he did, whether that was the reason.

With regards to NOLA LE, IMHO, it's no secret that they completely fell to ruins after Katrina. Corruption was rampant as cops had to decide between their jobs and their loved ones. The federal response, or lack thereof, was criminal. But to think there's some LE conspiracy in Shane's disappearance, eh, it's a stretch, considering everything else they are dealing with. JMO :moo::moo:

:truce:

As much as I would love for the family to be reunited with Shane, I am skeptical that these sightings are him. I just followed the Jeff Boucher case in which there were people who were "absolutely sure" they had seen him, when in fact it turned out not to be him at all. I believe there is probably a homeless person who looks like Shane, but is not him. I just can't see with all the billboards etc. how he could not be found after all this time.

I also don't understand how he could leave the scene with his wallet and cell phone, and not be able to figure out who he was, if amnesia set in.

That's ok, you can be skeptical. I respect your opinion. It won't change my feelings one way or another. IMHO It's not amnesia. And, he's not Boucher. MOO MOO

It's a fact that Brett said "you're gonna get arrested." That's what he surmised, and he was on the right track, imo. No argument there. That does not make it a fact that Shane left on his own, and IF he did, whether that was the reason.

Yep ITA.

The police coming to the house? Yes, it's moot. There's no grand conspiracy of the NOLA LE. Just doing their jobs imho.

I did the timeline from a combination of the JPSO report and the LA State Crash Report. If you've read it and subsequent discussion about it, the indications are that LE was at Shane's residence in Harvey within 1 minute of the 911 call about the crash in Marrero.

WADR, the JPSO report doesn't make any reference to anyone having to google anything. I think it's more logical to conclude that LE got his addy from their system (and I strongly suggest the info came from the ASSOC Service event notations in the JPSO report). IF NOT, then what do you propose those events relate to?

As for LE doing their jobs ... you may well be right in the long run, but in the interim we have Shane's family sitting here on WS wanting answers that they seem to be unable to get from LE.

:seeya:
So, Bessie, do you have that link for insider verification?
I'd greatly appreciate it.
TIA

I did the timeline from a combination of the JPSO report and the LA State Crash Report. If you've read it and subsequent discussion about it, the indications are that LE was at Shane's residence in Harvey within 1 minute of the 911 call about the crash in Marrero.

WADR, the JPSO report doesn't make any reference to anyone having to google anything. I think it's more logical to conclude that LE got his addy from their system (and I strongly suggest the info came from the ASSOC Service event notations in the JPSO report). IF NOT, then what do you propose those events relate to?

As for LE doing their jobs ... you may well be right in the long run, but in the interim we have Shane's family sitting here on WS wanting answers that they seem to be unable to get from LE.

Ok, so they got there in one minute! Awesome! Must have been right down the block, great luck... so...... what does it mean?

Oh yes, I am fully aware of the family's struggle. LE will not be of any help. He is over 18 and is allowed to go missing. I have donated a great deal of time money and emotion into this case. Some of which I might share on WS, most I will probably not. Just waiting to be verified as an insider... :waiting:

My goal here is to cull whatever I can for Kenny from the Sleuthers collective mind.

With regards to NOLA LE, IMHO, it's no secret that they completely fell to ruins after Katrina. Corruption was rampant as cops had to decide between their jobs and their loved ones. The federal response, or lack thereof, was criminal. But to think there's some LE conspiracy in Shane's disappearance, eh, it's a stretch, considering everything else they are dealing with. JMO :moo::moo:

:truce:
I agree it's unlikely that NOPD is engaged in a conspiracy surrounding this particular case. But as a local born and raised in New Orleans, who has lived here more years than I'm going to share; and who's seen a whole lotta "stuff" go down on the streets; it's by no means a stretch to consider it as a possibility -- especially when talking about the JPSO -- and most especially the Westwego PD. And be assured, I am loathe to admit it, but it's the real deal down here and it started long, long before Katrina.

Does this automatically infer that Shane had been drinking, and knew he was going to get a DUI? If Shane was apprehended by LE, we don't know his mood. Did alcohol make him belligerent, and the cops did something to him?

Shane could have left on his own, or the cops forced him to leave, or the cops detained him someplace? I could see him maybe fleeing out of fear of getting arrested after the accident. ( Shane's case reminds me a little of the Perry Corlew case from 1974.) Maybe Shane wanted to wait for Brett, but circumstances of the cops, the likelihood of a DUI, or Shane's mood at the time, prevented this. Maybe some authority figure would not allow Shane to wait for Brett.

I agree if we find out those missing minutes between the last phone call exchange between Brett and Shane between Brett getting there and Shane is gone, we find out what happened to Shane. How was Shane's driving record leading up to the accident?

As a side-note, those who might be interested in following Perry Corlew's case, another car accident/missing person's case, go to this link and post here:

MI MI - Perry Otto Corlew, 18, Grayling, 15 March 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Satch

If not amnesia, what reason do you think he would have chosen to become a homeless person?

My point about the other case is that people can say they are "sure" they have seen someone and for it not to be that person. I wasn't comparing Shane and Jeff.

That's ok, you can be skeptical. I respect your opinion. It won't change my feelings one way or another. IMHO It's not amnesia. And, he's not Boucher. MOO MOO

First of all let me give you the run down on that night....

Shane got Gas at a near by gas station around 6pm
Shane picked up popeye's for supper
Shane met Brett at Rum Runners around 7pm
Shane had purchased some beers but he got purchased a round for pool team
Shane had drank about 6 beers a 1 shot in 6 hours along with eating popeye's and food at the bar...DRUNK...I don't think so..

If not amnesia, what reason do you think he would have chosen to become a homeless person?

My point about the other case is that people can say they are "sure" they have seen someone and for it not to be that person. I wasn't comparing Shane and Jeff.

Oh yes, ITA. It happens all the time. Look at the McStay family. People swore up and down that the family was sunning in mexico, seen having lunch and all else... meanwhile they were all dead and buried in the CA desert.

People are homeless for a large variety of reasons. the very least of which would be amnesia. That's actually pretty rare. Possible, but rare. I do remember one young woman, west coast I think, had some sort of mini stroke, forgot who she was and got lost. She was finally identified by an angel tattoo on her shoulder. Great story of a family's recovery. I want to bring Shane home.

The "ASSOC Service" events are the entries just before any reference to "PREMIS". This could be how LE knew Shane's address. Even with his out of state plate, if they had previous interaction with him, his LA addy would be in the system as a result of whatever those incidents were.

from the timeline:

From the pics of the wreck, I don't see that Shane's plate # was visible to anyone at the crash site. IF so, does that not tell us that someone got his plate # before the crash?
I just don't know how they would have known were Shane live with out of town plates...I also don't think Shane had any run ins with the police...in Jefferson Parish...

In which way are you connected to this case, Haunts? Family? Friend?

And I agree - of all the sightings in the many cases I have read about here on WS I still wait for the one to actually pan out. Oh I'm sure it happens, but it's very rare.

One drink per hour for 180 lb man (Estimating) is only a BAC of .02... no where near DUI of .08 (Avg) Not sure what the BAC level is for NOLA.

IIRC it was raining at 1am the night of June 9 - 10, 2011

And that Dead Man's Curve is a known location for accidents.

I don't think we know the cause of the accident. There were no other cars involved. Only Shane's car, which rolled coming through the curve. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly