LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane has been seen several times, all the reports are consistent in describing him as looking 'homeless'. I believe he walked away from the scene with a head injury and has been living off the grid ever since. The homeless community is not easily accessed and they certainly don't talk to LE. I am very excited about this recent sighting. There needs to be a concentrated effort in that area.

I'm with you -- let's keep hope alive!!

wouldn't it be nice if purse snatching victim could take a good look at SF's photo and see if there is any resemblance......

I'm with you -- let's keep hope alive!!

Thank you. Yes, New Orleans still has such a large homeless population post Katrina. In 2008 there were still over 14,000 people homeless, living under the highways. This population consists of all walks of life and many if not most of them are originally from New Orleans. They have learned to adapt and have created their own society, largely overlooked by most citizens. They live by their own code.

wouldn't it be nice if purse snatching victim could take a good look at SF's photo and see if there is any resemblance......

yes and no.... :truce:

what would be really nice is, if someone called the tipline and said, hey I just saw that guy and he's been living right over there on such and such street. In fact, he's there right now. Hehe, now THAT would really be nice :)

yes and no.... :truce:

If it was a positive identification - it would sure be a mixed blessing at best...I agree, however, it would go a long way to boosting morale of his family I am sure that he is alive and in the area.

Seems to me from photos that SF has a ''beauty mark'' under left eye. This is absent from police sketch that's why I would like purse snatcher victim to take a look at the photo.

Anyone on the thread local??

I'm a few hours away and would be willing to assist if a few folks got together.

If it was a positive identification - it would sure be a mixed blessing at best...I agree however, it would go a long way to boosting morale of his family I am sure that he is alive and in the area.

Seems to me from photos that SF has a ''beauty mark'' under left eye. This is absent from police sketch that's why I would like purse snatcher victim to take a look at the photo.

Yes, you're right he has two small moles, which she could have easily missed in the encounter since she was likely in a panic. I also noticed the sketch doesn't have any marks at all on the face and was left rather generic as far as the skin texture.

I see a very strong resemblance based on several identifiers, the forehead, the nose, the browline and the cheeks, specifically the deep recess under the cheeks, sort of large dimples :) Even the squared lower lip.... If it's not Shane, it's certainly a look-alike. We all have our doppelgangers. :twocents:

brettfell.jpg

14580724-mmmain.jpg

Sketch provided by the New Orleans Police Department -- On, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at or bout 7:30pm, The perpetrator fled on Common towards the Barrone and then unknown. The perpetrator was described as a white male, approximately 40 years of age, 508 600 tall with a thin build, long disheveled dirty blond hair and a long beard. The subject was clad in dark clothing, possibly wearing a dark colored skull or knit hat.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x8620a60b039f8eff:0x26caddb25b076756

Just moving this forward for discussion...

I have heard of people being pulled over for out of state plates before during regular commutes etc. It's tough for those on a 'shoe string budget' after relocating. I know of someone who was working for a school and there was a security guard who called LE to report an employee with out of state plates. This employee had to promise to attend to registration etc within 24 hours or face penalty.

I am curious if SF ever received a warning or caution from LE about his plates?

Knowing this would provide benefit to possibility that LE knew where he lived due to previous and innocent encounter and or regular patrol by local LE.

The "ASSOC Service" events are the entries just before any reference to "PREMIS". This could be how LE knew Shane's address. Even with his out of state plate, if they had previous interaction with him, his LA addy would be in the system as a result of whatever those incidents were.

from the timeline:

01:00:13 ASSOC Service P Event: #J111610035 Type: 201 Agency: JP

01:00:13 ASSOC Service E Event: #H110032259 Type: 201 Agency: JH

01:00:13 PREMIS Comment: PPR

01:00:15 NOMORE

01:00:16 NFPREM

From the pics of the wreck, I don't see that Shane's plate # was visible to anyone at the crash site. IF so, does that not tell us that someone got his plate # before the crash?

The "ASSOC Service" events are the entries just before any reference to "PREMIS". This could be how LE knew Shane's address. Even with his out of state plate, if they had previous interaction with him, his LA addy would be in the system as a result of whatever those incidents were.

from the timeline:

:tyou:

Thank you Sillybilly! Wonder who he interacted with? and if that same LE was there that night?

from the timeline:

Anyone can look him up in the white pages. His last known address if you google him is in Savannah GA. They also show 3 locations in NOLA as well as his family members names. And for $3.95 you can even have his private phone number. There is no privacy in the digital age...http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Shane+Fell&sns2=t104#Georgia:1207696527

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

I would be pleased as punch if LE took the initiative to send a car to each location to see if the driver had made it there. Somehow I doubt they would be that diligent, if only for the manpower constraints. It would be a snap for them to get that info.

It's a moot point anyway. IMHO, based on what I've seen, heard and read, IN MY OPINION Shane fled the LE because he feared being arrested for DUI. IIRC Brett warned him he might get arrested and that he was coming to get him.
:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPeRGpFLng
"I knew he had been drinking. I said 'Look, you had a few beers, you're gonna get arrested. I'm coming to get you."

I would be pleased as punch if LE took the initiative to send a car to each location to see if the driver had made it there. Somehow I doubt they would be that diligent, if only for the manpower constraints. It would be a snap for them to get that info.

It's a moot point anyway. Shane fled the LE because he feared being arrested for DUI. IIRC Brett warned him he might get arrested and that he was coming to get him.

"I knew he had been drinking. I said 'Look, you had a few beers, you're gonna get arrested. I'm coming to get you."

Oh, you think it's moot?

It's a moot point anyway. Shane fled the LE because he feared being arrested for DUI. IIRC Brett warned him he might get arrested and that he was coming to get him.

Respectfully, we don't know that Shane fled from LE. We don't know that Shane left of his own accord, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper