LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 911 call was at 00:58:48 (notice the 48 seconds, so almost 00:59:00) and presumably that call would have taken a minute or so. Yet ... 1 min and 13 seconds later (by 1:00:13) a deputy was already at Shane's house and left 3 seconds later at 01:00:16? Although they may have had a plate # from the 911 caller, they wouldn't have even known for sure it was Shane driving the vehicle.

Mods ... where's the stinky-poo emoticon? :biggrin:

this is the biggest red flag of all:truce:

brettfell.jpg

14580724-mmmain.jpg

Sketch provided by the New Orleans Police Department -- On, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at or bout 7:30pm, The perpetrator fled on Common towards the Barrone and then unknown. The perpetrator was described as a white male, approximately 40 years of age, 508 600 tall with a thin build, long disheveled dirty blond hair and a long beard. The subject was clad in dark clothing, possibly wearing a dark colored skull or knit hat.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x8620a60b039f8eff:0x26caddb25b076756

After TALKING to several people the Person that broke the window WAS NOT A WESTWEGO COP.....He is a volunteer fireman....

I guess it is normal procedure, but it's pretty weird to me that they broke the window when all Shane had to do was open the door to get out. Also.. at that point there was nobody in the vehicle. I guess the one thing that does tell us is that anybody even standing beside the car could not tell if there was somebody inside. Maybe explains the 911 caller's odd response to whether there was anybody there.

A question for Kenny - how did you find out about the Westwego cop being there?

I guess it is normal procedure, but it's pretty weird to me that they broke the window when all Shane had to do was open the door to get out. Also.. at that point there was nobody in the vehicle. I guess the one thing that does tell us is that anybody even standing beside the car could not tell if there was somebody inside. Maybe explains the 911 caller's odd response to whether there was anybody there.

I'm wondering if the family was misinformed re Shane exiting through the driver's door or any door .. from the pics of the wreck, both doors are closed and the only window (other than windshield) broken is on the passenger side.

A question for Kenny - how did you find out about the Westwego cop being there?

Kenny posted that he's found out it was a fireman, not cop.

If both doors were closed as we see them in the pics, presumably the fireman would have tried the doors and broke the passenger window because doors wouldn't open. Then it would seem Shane would have still been inside the vehicle at that point? Otherwise, how would Shane have existed.

In the alternative, Shane got out the door and closed it?? I dunno .. who goes around and closes a car door after having exited from an upside down, wrecked vehicle?

Oh ok. I thought he meant they got the person wrong who broke the window, but the cop was still there.

Regarding the door closing, my theory was that due to the angle of the car, it closed itself after he exited.

If in fact he exited thru the broken passenger window, someone should have seen where he went. Correct?

Kenny posted that he's found out it was a fireman, not cop.

If both doors were closed as we see them in the pics, presumably the fireman would have tried the doors and broke the passenger window because doors wouldn't open. Then it would seem Shane would have still been inside the vehicle at that point? Otherwise, how would Shane have existed.

In the alternative, Shane got out the door and closed it?? I dunno .. who goes around and closes a car door after having exited from an upside down, wrecked vehicle?

The location of this recent event is encouraging as this is near where we thought he was living and not very far from the accident scene (9.8 miles). As we come into the rainy season in the South, he may be driven indoors, perhaps to a shelter. Local folks need to keep their eyes peeled when it comes to the areas homeless community, especially near the river and under the highways. He is still there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x8620a60b039f8eff:0x26caddb25b076756

this is the biggest red flag of all:truce:

Nobody has ever picked that up.....The whole problem with that is....Shane's plate was still listed from out of state....They wouldn't have know were Shane lived..........

Nobody has ever picked that up.....The whole problem with that is....Shane's plate was still listed from out of state....They wouldn't have know were Shane lived..........

Right. I think I remember you saying that Shane had only been in NOLA for about a month? Having recently moved from GA?

hmmmm -- clairvoyant police officers???

If the report is actually true that officers checked his residence how would they have known where to go?

Makes me think that he was followed from Rum Runners who knows if it was a customer ((perhaps off duty one)) or maybe an LE cruised by the bar and saw out of state plate etc etc someone picked up his name and made association with brother? KWIM?

The 911 call was at 00:58:48 (notice the 48 seconds, so almost 00:59:00) and presumably that call would have taken a minute or so. Yet ... 1 min and 13 seconds later (by 1:00:13) a deputy was already at Shane's house and left 3 seconds later at 01:00:16? Although they may have had a plate # from the 911 caller, they wouldn't have even known for sure it was Shane driving the vehicle.

Shane lived with Brett iirc? Did Brett by any chance also called 911 after speaking to Shane and that's why the cops first went to his house? And then immediately left after realizing their mistake?

Had he gotten a Louisiana drivers license yet? Or still using his Georgia license?

I thought that Shane was living in Brett's house.....that Brett lived elsewhere

Shane lived with Brett iirc? Did Brett by any chance also called 911 after speaking to Shane and that's why the cops first went to his house? And then immediately left after realizing their mistake?

I don't think he lived with Brett. According to Brett's statements on the video, he was calling to make sure he got home ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPeRGpFLng

I wonder if some LE hassle out of state drivers especially if they have seen them locally for more than 30 days.

Could it be some one jealous of good looking young SF and phoned in about a car that's been here more than 30 days etc etc.

There's a fair bit of red tape when you relocate

http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/smog-check.php

<modsnip> I believe he walked away from the scene with a head injury and has been living off the grid ever since. The homeless community is not easily accessed and they certainly don't talk to LE. I am very excited about this recent sighting. There needs to be a concentrated effort in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper