LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish, do you know why the Coast Guard wouldn't give the family the phone ping information ? I mean, why would they do it at their request then not tell them what they found out.

Only thing i can think of is at LE request not to give info to family, no other reason makes sense. A live mobile phone pinging is very traceable very quick, and i mean quick as in minutes you can get results and location.

Only thing i can think of is at LE request not to give info to family, no other reason makes sense. A live mobile phone pinging is very traceable very quick, and i mean quick as in minutes you can get results and location.

Yes it is. Here in Florida the OPD can instantly track you by your phone. We recently had a young lady missing, endangered, found her in less than 10 minutes. OPD drove up to her in a vehicle outside a pharmacy, and her boyfriend was at the wheel. Sadly he fled, got in a gunfight with police, killed a deputy, then her, then himself.

"Using cell phone tracking technology, Kissimmee police officers found the two parked in Goode's car. When the officer asked Goode to step out of the automobile, he "cranked the vehicle, put the vehicle in drive and sped away," according to a Polk County Sheriff's Office incident report."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/justice/florida-officer-teens-killed/

I have to be in Miami the beginning of July but can come to NOLA after the 10th.
I would love to sit down with you and go over whatever you have, especially whatever phone records you have. Any old phone bill of his available???
I will bring my records and notes from the 'unexplained' research as well.
I'm going to be staying in the French Quarter, can you recommend an old style hotel that's not expensive?
The older the better, I'm not afraid of the 'bad' neighborhood.

I will put the word out about the hotel...I will be out of town starting on the 20th to 26th...so the 10th should work...

I will put the word out about the hotel...I will be out of town starting on the 20th to 26th...so the 10th should work...

Excellent, close to the last sighting would be great. I will have a car but want to be able to walk through the homeless camp. We can meet for lunch wherever's convenient for you. See you soon. <3

So the Coast Guard pinged it at your request, but they couldn't / wouldn't release the results either ?

The coast guard was asked to see if they could ping Shane's phone and they did....We was telling everybody to stop calling his phone..we didn't want to kill the battery...

The coast guard was asked to see if they could ping Shane's phone and they did....We was telling everybody to stop calling his phone..we didn't want to kill the battery...

So when they called, the phone was ringing, but no answer...
Did they tell you which cell phone tower the call went to?

Kenny, please refresh my memory if you've already posted this. Who told the family that JPSO and the CG pinged the phone for five days?

To get a family member's cell phone records

Call or Email the cell phone provider and identify who you are and your relationship to the person.

You will also need to have identifying information such as
your family member's full name,
cell phone number,
address and
possibly their social security number.

email to:
Privacy@TracFone.com

TracFone Wireless, Inc.
9700 NW 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
(305) 640-2000

Kenny, please refresh my memory if you've already posted this. Who told the family that JPSO and the CG pinged the phone for five days?

We at the time didn't know about ping the phones....The CG GUY told us about it and did it....He told us the phone was still pinging and a good sign that it didn't go in water...The police ping the phone but for how many days ...They never told us..but we know they did it..We would call the phone everyday just to see if it was still on...After Wednesday it did nothing

We at the time didn't know about ping the phones....The CG GUY told us about it and did it....He told us the phone was still pinging and a good sign that it didn't go in water...The police ping the phone but for how many days ...They never told us..but we know they did it..We would call the phone everyday just to see if it was still on...After Wednesday it did nothing

Yes, That is a good sign. If the phone was still ringing a week later, he's right, it would indicate it was not in water. I assume once payment stopped, the carrier turned it off.

In light of Bessie's chart showing that Tracphone does not track their towers, we can only get some basic info about the account, like when it was turned off and if there was a final balance. Maybe the last bill will show some activity, if they haven't purged their accounting record from 2011 yet.

It's certainly worth an email to see if they can provide anything at all.
(Ok, I sent the email. Keeping our fingers crossed.)

SB .. I also thought the PREMIS thing was related to the address of the accident. What was the 249 Klein address? Could it be related to that.
<rsbm>

Bessie posted a picture of 249 Klein ... a cell phone tower. It is NOT the 911 caller's address.

Did his place look like he was there and left? Or was it just the way he left it?
Notice anything missing like clothes, shoes or a backpack...

Yes, That is a good sign. If the phone was still ringing a week later, he's right, it would indicate it was not in water. I assume once payment stopped, the carrier turned it off.

In light of Bessie's chart showing that Tracphone does not track their towers, we can only get some basic info about the account, like when it was turned off and if there was a final balance. Maybe the last bill will show some activity, if they haven't purged their accounting record from 2011 yet.

It's certainly worth an email to see if they can provide anything at all.
(Ok, I sent the email. Keeping our fingers crossed.)
Pings would have ceased once the battery was fully drained. Service would have ceased once the prepaid period expired.

Hearing a "ring" when a cell phone is "called" is not the same as pinging the phone nor does it mean the phone is serviceable.

Even a destroyed cell phone will "ring"(to the caller) when called for a period of time depending on the service provider.

When a call is made to a cell number, the tower that last "saw" the cell phone tries to connect. As this is in the process, you will hear ringing so you will know it is trying to connect, otherwise you would hang up.

If the last tower that "saw" the cell phone can't connect(as in the cell phone has moved out of range, the list of towers expand until a connection is made, goes to voice mail or you get an error message.

If the CG or the LE "sting-rayed" the cell phone, they would know it's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper