LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We was never told how many camera's had footage...we was also told they had 100 hours of told tape from all camera's..but i do know some footage was EAST OF WRECK SITE

Who ''owns'' the footage and would you be able to view it? Would you need a FOIA request?

Who ''owns'' the ping information and how do you get a copy of that too?

Oh my dear this case has me puzzled.

Putting my cops hat on here and just putting this out there. Was Shane ever at the accident site, was it staged?

Last confirmed sighting of Shane is leaving the bar with Brett and going their seperate ways. Did anyone else see him?

Something i can't get out of my mind is the phone pinging for 5 days, he should have been found by LE really quick if this was the case.

I have more questions than answers at the minute???

Also was there any traces of blood in the car, if he had no seatbelt on there is no way he got out of this wreck without a cut???

Putting my cops hat on here and just putting this out there. Was Shane ever at the accident site, was it staged?

Last confirmed sighting of Shane is leaving the bar with Brett and going their seperate ways. Did anyone else see him?
Something i can't get out of my mind is the phone pinging for 5 days, he should have been found by LE really quick if this was the case.

That's the biggest question mark of all == the phone.

You raise an excellent question too......did anyone else see him? In fact which brother pulled out of the parking lot first? Did BF actually see SF drive from the parking lot to the street ?

Also was there any traces of blood in the car, if he had no seatbelt on there is no way he got out of this wreck without a cut???

Hi Irish, according to Kenny, there was a young couple that stopped and talked to Shane.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

There is a 7 minute gap between the call from Shane's brother Brett and the 911 caller....In that time frame there was a young couple who stopped and talked to Shane and Ask if they could help...Shane told them his family is on the way....They was the last person to talk to Shane....

Neesaki i still wonder wheather this was Shane at all, i would like to know if they photo id him and it was the same person they spoke to.

I would like to verify another witness that seen him getting into his car and drive away from the bar, if this could be verified it would close one avenue of thinking.

In the report the Cop states that Shane had no seatbelt on. This car flipped multiple times and he would have been thrown around violently inside the car, there is no way on earth he was not injured and bleeding, he must have got cut and evidence would be inside the car.

I'm very suspcious about this whole thing, between LE offering nothing, no evidence to suggest Shane was at scene other than a shoe found a week later???? How was this not found sooner? Planted.

Not suspcious of Brett at all but feel after he left his brother something happenend and that something has led to Shane going missing. I seriously suspect foul play and have to question LE lack of co-operation and even the report on the accident is very vague. Phone calls makes no sense.

Would like something concrete like cctv, credible witness who has id Shane from photograph to place him at the scene of the accident.

Going to sit down and do a timeline of everything and see what we can come up with.

In terms of the phone pinging, since his phone did not have a GPS function, does that mean that the tracking ability was limited? I'm thinking that maybe they know what tower it was pinging from, but the radius covered by that tower is so large that they can't search the entire radius.

Am I making sense here?

Kenny .. did Shane live with someone else? Reason I ask is, according to the LSP crash report, a JPSO deputy had gone to his home, and later(?) 2 state troopers. Just wondering if anyone else saw them there.

Kenny, is the family in a position to be able to hire a private detective who can get needed records such as CCTV footage and phone records, and look at all the photos and accident report, and find and interview potential witnesses, including the 911 caller and the couple who stopped?

I think that would be very helpful. Like others I get the feeling that either LE did not do a thorough job or is hiding something.

Going to sit down and do a timeline of everything and see what we can come up with.

I've gone one drafted up here Irishdetective. I'll post it and you and anyone else can tweak it as you see fit.

I will try and add some more info later this evening..kinda slammed today...I will also try to upload more pics...please understand i shot all this pics in FULL RES. so i have to convert them...We have had many PI'S that wanted to help but for some reason they never last....There was one hired but in my opinion was to connected to the police....I feel we need to get someone from out of state BUT that cost 10's of thousands of dollars...I HAVE CHECKED

DRAFT TIMELINE - JUNE 13 2014

June 9 2011
Brett and Shane spent evening at Rum Runners daquiri shop (1670 Barateria Blvd) shooting pool, drinking beer

June 10, 2011

12:20am approx. time Brett and Shane leave the bar in separate cars

12:20-12:45am Shane lived east of Barateria, but the accident occurred west of Barateria, on River Road between Marrero Rd and Klein St

12:45-12:50am Brett called Shane. Shane said he was in accident. They spoke for about 3 minutes; Shane called Brett back “a short time later” to make sure Brett was on his way.

12:48am JPSO Missing Person report says Shane was seen at the intersection of the crash (incorrectly stated as River Rd and Barataria Blvd).

12:45 – 12:58am A young couple stopped and asked Shane if they could help. He said family is on the way.

???? Pipe yard people saw PT Cruiser stop and turn by Shane (time unknown) but LE say they couldn't find those people to talk to

12:58am Passerby called 911 to report the accident. JPSO accident report states:

1:00 info entered
1:01 dispatch
1:02 enroute
1:05 onscene (note: further down says ONSCEN 1:08:04)
2:15 closed

1:05am (or 1:08?) Police arrived on scene (River Road between Marrero Rd and Klein St); Shane was not there

1:09am Family member talked to LE, said Shane was fine (assumed this is when Brett arrived). Brett said when he arrived a few LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

June 12 or 13
Family found one of Shane’s shoes in the water where the wreck was. It was shown to LE that day who said they would be back to get it

June 14
K9 search for Shane without results

June 15
LE retrieved the shoe from the family. Later family asked to see the shoe and were told no, that they would send a pic but never did.

June 19
Texas EquuSearch was searching today without results

June 21
Texas EquuSearch was to meet with Jefferson Parish officials today

June 30
Approx date billboard went up

June 9 2011
Brett and Shane spent evening at Rum Runners daquiri shop (1670 Barateria Blvd) shooting pool, drinking beer

June 10, 2011

12:20-12:45am Shane lived east of Barateria, but the accident occurred west of Barateria, on River Road between Marrero Rd and Klein St

12:45-12:50am Brett called Shane. Shane said he was in accident. They spoke for about 3 minutes; Shane called Brett back “a short time later” to make sure Brett was on his way.

12:48am JPSO Missing Person report says Shane was seen at the intersection of the crash (incorrectly stated as River Rd and Barataria Blvd).

12:45 – 12:58 A young couple stopped and asked Shane if they could help. He said family is on the way.

12:58am Passerby called 911 to report the accident. JPSO accident report states:

1:05am (or 1:08?) Police arrived on scene (River Road between Marrero Rd and Klein St); Shane was not there

1:09am Family member talked to LE, said Shane was fine (assumed this is when Brett arrived). Brett said when he arrived a few LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

June 12 or 13
Family found one of Shane’s shoes in the water where the wreck was. It was shown to LE that day who said they would be back to get it

June 14

June 15
LE retrieved the shoe from the family. Later family asked to see the shoe and were told no, that they would send a pic but never did.

June 19
TEQ was searching today without results

June 21
TEQ was to meet with Jefferson Parish officials today

June 30

Thanks for the timeline - very helpful. So we've tossed around the idea that Shane was at the scene when the police arrived, but something happened to him that the police possibly witnessed. According to the timeline, there would have only been a window of 4 or 5 minutes for this to happen - time between when the units arrived and when Brett arrived. Well, I guess an officer may have arrived earlier that wasn't dispatched by 911...interesting....

It would be nice to get an out of state PI on the case.

This is weather information for Marrero Louisiana on the day that Shane went missing and the day after:

On June 9th, 2011, the closest available weather station to Marrero, LA (NEW ORLEANS ALVIN CALLENDER F, LA), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 89.1F
Low Temp: 71.1F
Average Temp: 79.4F
Dewpoint: 68.3F
Wind Speed: 3.9 Knots
Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches
Snow Depth: n/a
Observations: Rain/Drizzle, Thunder

On June 10th, 2011, the closest available weather station to Marrero, LA (NEW ORLEANS ALVIN CALLENDER F, LA), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 90F
Low Temp: 69.1F
Average Temp: 79.9F
Dewpoint: 66.5F
Wind Speed: 2.6 Knots
Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches
Snow Depth: n/a
Observations: n/a

Source: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather-history/

Satch

Need opinions ... I did the ^^ timeline a couple of days ago before we had the LA state crash report with some times that vary somewhat from the JPSO report.

Is the chronology going to become too confusing if I incorporate times from the state report into the timeline?

Hi Kenny sorry for your troubles regarding Shane hopefully he is found safe and well. Can i ask you a couple of questions.

Did you see the inside of the car, was there any blood visable from maybe a minor cut from the accident?

Was Shane known to the police from any previous history?

You say PI'S have come and gone, what is there opinion on the case and are they scared off by LE for digging to much?

Most important question is the phone, if it was pinging for 5 days even without GPS technology they could triangulate to where the signal was, if it was static or moving, his phone company would still have this info. Why didn't the police pursue this avenue of investigation ASAP?

Also would be of the opinion of hiring an outside PI, Someone to start from scratch and someone who is not afraid to ruffle some feathers.

Thanks Kenny keep well and keep the faith, hopefully Shane will be reunited with his family at some stage.

Is this a Google Street View map of where the Daiquiri shop is? I typed in the Barateria Blvd address above and this was one of several choices that came up? If correct, I can't spot the exact building though:

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.879...m2!1sOJgEQi4UUZVYQM1Tmil6pw!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Satch

It's in the beige coloured building directly above where that white car is. If you zoom in on the large Dominion Plaza sign, Rum Runners sign can be seen just below the words "Dominion Plaza".

Need opinions ... I did the ^^ timeline a couple of days ago before we had the LA state crash report with some times that vary somewhat from the JPSO report.

Is the chronology going to become too confusing if I incorporate times from the state report into the timeline?

No every little detail helps sillybilly, its often the smallest detail thats the most important. Just noticed Shane spoke to Brett for 3 minutes, what did they speak about other than he just had a crash and his location, 3 minutes is a long time for just a couple of sentences.

June 9 2011

June 10, 2011

12:45 – 12:58am A young couple stopped and asked Shane if they could help. He said family is on the way.

???? Pipe yard people saw PT Cruiser stop and turn by Shane (time unknown) but LE say they couldn't find those people to talk to

June 12 or 13

June 14

June 15

June 19
TEQ was searching today without results

June 21
TEQ was to meet with Jefferson Parish officials today

June 30

shouldn't that be TES ?- I bolded in red above?

There very little blood in the car..little bit on windshield but more on Door handle...I DO MEAN VERY LITTLE....BASIC CUTS THATS IT.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper