LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE theories pop up in a lot of cases (most times for no other reason than a remote possibility), and I'm not usually a supporter of those theories. Most of us here are pro-LE and I certainly am one of them. Nothing worse than the bad ones in a position of trust however, and they end up all getting painted with the same brush.

Never thought I'd be a proponent of a bad cop theory and I even feel bad putting it out there as a possibility. In this case however, I'm not sure ... Shane's been gone for 3 years dammit .. he didn't evaporate !! Throw in the way his case has been handled (or not handled), the lack of respect for and lack of communication with the family, history of bad LEOs in the hood, anonymous witnesses. Doesn't leave one feeling warm and fuzzy.

Kenny (and everyone),

It would be so awesome and gracious if Brett could come to WS and post about Shane's case! I know how hard this can be as well, but the courage, love, and dedication that I have seen from him and the community in the videos speaks volumes! Thank you Kenny, Brett, and to all at WS for your help with this case!

I am sure that Brett would be immensely interested in the issues and questions that we have about Shane's case, and could clarify a lot of things for all of us as well!

Where are you Shane?

Satch

At this time Brett is with out a PC and works long hours...I will talk with him about this site and see what has to say.......Thanks to all for following Shane's story and web site....God Bless all of you

Living without answers is very hard on the survivors (personal experience ) and the bottom line is I wish we had a fast answer that would make it right for you and your family.

Not having all the details is frustrating -- as one question may get answered 20 more pop up in place.

Am glad you are here Kenny. Lots of good people at WS - family people who support LE and justice.

We are so behind the ballgame now! I sure wish this case would have gotten attention sooner! I wonder if anyone ever went to local places to track his route long before River Road. He easily could have left the bar, gone the wrong way from there and taken another street down to RR. I wish cameras would have been checked immediately to find his path. Of course, the police just thought he was hiding out and the family had no reason to think it would ever get this long or bad, so I can see why they wouldn't have been.

At this point, the best bet is still the phone. There is little to no reason at this point a phone company wouldn't give the family the info. Even if it takes legally becoming over his affairs... I don't know... but for sure. Oh. It was a Walmart prepaid. I wonder if they have that info anymore. But the info has been received, so it is documented!

How do you subpoena information from the police? I am wondering if y'all need an attorney who knows what they are doing on your side at this point, Kenny. Like the lady on Treme! She helped out families who were searching for answers when the police were either unhelpful or involved. There is certainly an attorney around here like that! It's probably time for some big guns! I know it is expensive, but crawfish boils, beer and live music raise some serious money around here! :)

Shane and Brett are lucky you're here subbing for them Kenny. I really hope we can help.

:grouphug:

All of the universities have law clinics with young fire in the belly law students who would be a good source too. In fact I would strenuously encourage you to contact them because the focus on upholding your rights would really be a good case study.

Social justice is the focus of the university clinics =here's one and if you don't qualify there or if they are unable to take your case due to manpower restraints etc they would be able to tell you of others.

http://www.loyno.edu/lawclinic/

Don't leave us, Kenny, unless it is just too overwhelming for you to deal with right now. Your insight and information is invaluable!!!!! I understand if it is too much, too, though. We appreciate you and want Shane found, but we really want what is best for you, too.

Just walking around the site on Streetview ... there's a real serious problem with the road markings coming into that curve from the west ... the double, no passing lines don't start until you're almost into the curve. Coming from the east, the double line starts well in advance of the curve, but approaching it from the west, the markings are very dangerous.

Just walking around the site on Streetview ... there's a real serious problem with the road markings coming into that curve from the west ... the double, no passing lines don't start until you're almost into the curve. Coming from the east, the double line starts well in advance of the curve, but approaching it from the west, the markings are very dangerous.

Which would make it certainly understandable why someone who had recently moved to the area wouldn't realize that "crazy *advertiser censored** curve" was right upon him. I don't think it was the few beers that caused the accident. It was the road markings.

I know it was reported that his bank accounts were not touched. I wonder if his house was checked for any missing stuff? His work was on computers right? I wonder if he had any electronics at his house etc. and if everything was still there.

IF, IF, IF I'm right about the PREMIS, then here's a thought ...

Shane was seen leaving the bar ... LE got his plate and addy, he knew he was being tailed and tried to lose them by turning west. One LE went to his house, other LE followed Shane who pulled a U-turn to return east and was possibly run off the road by an oncoming cruiser. Shane was told to call a relative to tell them he was fine. Beyond that .... ??? Spec ..

STOP ME BEFORE I POST AGAIN !!

The house Shane lived in was owned by his brother Brett...Both Shane and Brett remodeled the house together...The house after June 1oth was never empty Shane's mom and dad moved in it just in case Shane came home or somebody came with info.The police knew Shane worked from home but never ask for any PC'S...

IMG_8377 copy.JPG

IMG_8344 copy.JPG

IMG_8331 copy.JPG

The pic of the pipe shows how far it was to the water...The other pics show how sharp the curve is...NO MARKER IN THE STREET....

Thank you for this timeline!
Easier to distinguish things now.

Here: Notes / Observations from LA State Crash Report

It says VEHICLE CONDITION: No defects observed

Meaning before the accident? Like rust?
Because if they mean the condition of the vehicle now, it says severe deformity.

Says also: Lighting = unknown

On the pic of the turned car it seems light to be still on?

IF, IF, IF I'm right about the PREMIS, then here's a thought ...

Shane was seen leaving the bar ... LE got his plate and addy, he knew he was being tailed and tried to lose them by turning west. One LE went to his house, other LE followed Shane who pulled a U-turn to return east and was possibly run off the road by an oncoming cruiser. Shane was told to call a relative to tell them he was fine. Beyond that .... ??? Spec ..

STOP ME BEFORE I POST AGAIN !!

bbm

No!!

Kenny, when Shane's shoe was found, was it embedded in the mud, like he had stepped off into the mud and lost it, or was it just lying there next to the accident site? It just seems to me that if he was in mud deep enough to embed his shoe and he had stepped out of it, there would have been very visible bare foot prints somewhere if he had walked along the side of the road. If that is the case, and no one saw footprints, it is like he is in the street and just vanishes into the night.

If it were simply lying there, my insurance adjusting experience would lead me to believe the shoe was knocked off his foot on impact.

Oy vey, I hope Shane is somewhere safe and soon makes his way home.

I have been very interested in Shane's case as well as Maura Murray's for quite some time now.

I remember watching a show on Bio that had 'Psychics' looking for Shane, The Unexplained. (I do not necessarily beLIEve them but the show was about Shane and getting his story out is all that matters.) They seemed to think Shane was hiding out with some homeless peeps and were trying to get him to come forward. IIRC
Please correct my memory if wrong.
Has anyone else seen that show? I think there was another show featuring Shane but I cannot remember the name and I don't remember watching it.

Kenny, thanks for all your help.

This has cover up wrote all over it, i've got serious reasons to believe that Shane became a victim of foul play by first responders at the scene, this is the reason they are hitting a brick wall at every turn. Kenny we will keep digging for you and never give up hope, but the evidence is damning and something stinks about this whole thing. The message you sent me was the game changer for me, why would they lie??? Answer is to cover a lie..

Kenny, you said that you have more photos of the wrecked car - do I remember this correctly? If yes, can you post them please? Thanks!

I'm thinking ... maybe someone else stopped and he accepted a ride with them. Why would he do that instead of waiting for his bro? Because he knew them and when he said 'my brother is coming' they told him some story that 'no, he isn't' or 'he told us to pick you up' or something. Did Shane have any enemies at the time? Or they genuinely wanted to help because he looked to be in really bad shape or had already collapsed. Then he died while driving and they panicked and hid his body.

Too far out there? Yea maybe, I'm just speculating. But it might be good to check that security footage again, who was driving by.

This has cover up wrote all over it, i've got serious reasons to believe that Shane became a victim of foul play by first responders at the scene, this is the reason they are hitting a brick wall at every turn. Kenny we will keep digging for you and never give up hope, but the evidence is damning and something stinks about this whole thing. The message you sent me was the game changer for me, why would they lie??? Answer is to cover a lie..

Could be they handcuffed him because he showed apparent signs of intoxication but in reality he had a head injury and died in the police car.

But this had to happen in a matter of minutes, before Brett arrived. Is it plausible at all?

Could be they handcuffed him because he showed apparent signs of intoxication but in reality he had a head injury and died in the police car.

But this had to happen in a matter of minutes, before Brett arrived. Is it plausible at all?

My thoughts are more along the lines of negligently striking him with a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper