LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are more along the lines of negligently striking him with a vehicle.

I've wondered about that too - Shane running and the cops chasing him via vehicle and hitting him.

It's been said before, but I will say it again, the answers lie in the cell phone pings. Whether that would have led family to finding the cell phone close by in a field, or far away in another city, it is a vital clue.

I actually found a cell phone of mine while cutting the front ditch of my yard two years after it mysteriously disappeared (after a fight one night with my sig other).

The phone may be considerably close by, which wouldn't necessarily help or mean that Shane stayed near as he could have simply lost it if he was trying to hide out from LE. I have had a cousin who wrecked (single vehicle) and fled the scene to avoid a DUI. He found a pay phone and called for a ride. This is probably more common than most realize. The theory is you report the vehicle stolen and never implicate yourself as an intoxicated driver.

Jen

Couple of comments for consideration..........

Vehicle lighting....Unknown. That means the Investigating Officer had no proof or evidence that the headlights were on at moment of wreck.
There are ways to tell forensically if the lights were on if and when the filament broke at impact.

SilllyBilly...I'm not totally familiar with JPSO CAD system however....

On Computer Aided Dispatch call logs, PREMIS PPR could be a query to find any Patrol Planning Resources(PPR) that have been used in the recent past at that location. Sort of a heads up "history" of popo resources sent to that addy previously. So as to warn the RO(reporting officer) dispatched.

NOMORE likely meant no more info found relating to that addy in any of the CAD's Management Reporting System.

NFPREM None found, no info of anything found with regards to that premises addy and was sent to Patrol unit to advice him of same.

I've wondered about that too - Shane running and the cops chasing him via vehicle and hitting him.

I just read this, and immediately thought, "Wow!" (A very sad and painful "Wow" that reeks of LE cover-up.) Given the inconsistencies in the police report and the seemingly dead-ends, this is tragically VERY possible.

Satch

01:17:07 MISC C811 Comment: RAGUSAS ROLL BUT WILL HANDLE … WAITING ON STATE WRECKER … CHECK WITH STATE

Anyone know why at the end JPSO would be saying it's Ragusas roll (role)?? From what I can gather, Ragusa is the volunteer Fire Department, an automotive repair / garage, a street name, a supermarket. Why would LEO say it was Ragusas at that point. If it was a reference to the Fire Department, why would the FD have any role to play at that time when they were waiting on a state wrecker. The vehicle ended up at Jake's wrecker yard (Hwy 90, Westwego?). Jakes looks like a medium/large sized operation with tons of wrecked vehicles heaped about, so why was Shane's vehicle sitting all by itself in what appears to be a flimsily fenced yard with no other cars around it?

Immediately prior to the PREMIS entries, we have:

01:00:13 ASSOC Service P Event: #J111610035 Type: 201 Agency: JP

01:00:13 ASSOC Service E Event: #H110032259 Type: 201 Agency: JH

The above appear to be file or reference numbers not showing elsewhere. From the state crash report narrative (not included in timeline due to length), we have a reference #110609A016 and the investigator mentions a JPSO "reference item F-10126-11".

What do we think those two "ASSOC Service" events refer to? Would they be prior attendances by LE to Shane's addy?

View attachment 44272

The pic of the pipe shows how far it was to the water...The other pics show how sharp the curve is...NO MARKER IN THE STREET....
<rsbm>

Even in the pic of the transport coming west, his wheels are starting over the double line as he's coming into that curve.

In Canada (presumably the same in the US?), if there is a single yellow lane, you can pass IF the way is clear .. double line means no passing. IMO, that point at River Road is aptly named "Dead Man's Curve".

Interesting that the state report notes the posted speed limit as 35, but Shane's speed is recorded as "Unknown"

Attachments

• RiverRoadmarkings.jpg
    RiverRoadmarkings.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31
Kenny, does anyone know where the right front quarter panel of Shane's vehicle went to?

If he was travelling eastbound and the back end of his vehicle slewed in the direction indicated on the state crash report, how is it that the right front quarter panel appears to have been peeled backwards towards the driver's door? The report shows the back of his vehicle hitting those posts. If you look at the diagram of the manner of collision, it appears he may have been hit on the right front coming into that curve.

Sorry so many posts in a row.

I think we are on the right line of track now. I've a horrible feeling that maybe they pursued him at speed and he crashed or he was struck by one of the first responders. <modsnip>

All screams cover up, and unless some decent law abiding LE employee that has knowledge of what happenend comes forward we may never know what happenend Shane.

Would love to get the info from the phone company on the phone pings for 5 days and see was it static or did it move around. Basically they can triangulate the signal by using 3 phone masts and it will give a fairly good location of the phone within a couple of square meters. The last day of phone pinging holds the key to maybe where Shane is.

Would love to get the info from the phone company on the phone pings for 5 days and see was it static or did it move around. Basically they can triangulate the signal by using 3 phone masts and it will give a fairly good location of the phone within a couple of square meters. The last day of phone pinging holds the key to maybe where Shane is.
<rsbm>

Bets it's frozen due to "ongoing investigation"? (cough)

<rsbm>

Bets it's frozen due to "ongoing investigation"? (cough)

Yeah i'm sure thats what would happen, but a good PI with the right contacts could extract that information, this is a line of enquiry i would go after with urgence.

I just read this, and immediately thought, "Wow!" (A very sad and painful "Wow" that reeks of LE cover-up.) Given the inconsistencies in the police report and the seemingly dead-ends, this is tragically VERY possible.

Satch

Sadly, I smell a rat...

I think we are on the right line of track now. I've a horrible feeling that maybe they pursued him at speed and he crashed or he was struck by one of the first responders. In my contact with Kenny police were very unco-operative and basically told lies about Shane.

All screams cover up, and unless some decent law abiding LE employee that has knowledge of what happenend comes forward we may never know what happenend Shane.

bbm - That would mean that police was near him when Shane and Brett had the two phone conversations. I find this kind of unlikely. Wouldn't Shane have told Brett this?

More likely that he was struck or in another way harmed after he talked to Brett. But it's a small time window, 20 minutes at the most? Brett arrived on the scene at 1:09 iirc.

bbm - That would mean that police was near him when Shane and Brett had the two phone conversations. I find this kind of unlikely. Wouldn't Shane have told Brett this?

More likely that he was struck or in another way harmed after he talked to Brett. But it's a small time window, 20 minutes at the most? Brett arrived on the scene at 1:09 iirc.

Elainera you raise a good point but if we go back to the timeline they spoke for 3 minutes, which of what we know Brett has said his brother told him he crashed and his location, that would take 30seconds or maybe 1 minute after the shock of a crash, still 2mins unaccounted for. I still feel we don't know everything about the phone conversation and why they rang each other back and forth, it makes no sense.

I just feel something is not right big time and can't put my finger on it, there is information been withheld on both sides as far as i can make out.

12:45-12:50am Brett called Shane. Shane said he was in accident. They spoke for about 3 minutes; Shane called Brett back &#8220;a short time later&#8221; to make sure Brett was on his way.

12:45 &#8211; 12:58am A young couple stopped and asked Shane if they could help. He said family is on the way

If Shane told the couple that family was on the way, they obviously stopped AFTER the first phone call between Brett and Shane. That has the potential to advance the couple being at the site by a couple of minutes (i.e. maybe 12:47 / 12:48??). This brings Shane's presence at the crash site closer to the 911 call at 12:58.

Obviously when the couple was there, Shane hadn't run off, he did tell them family was enroute, combined with the fact Brett showed up at the correct location, IMO would indicate there was no collusion between the brothers to meet elsewhere for Shane to avoid consequences.

Both brothers had left the bar. Where was Brett when he received the phone call(s) from Shane?

While Brett was onscene there didn't appear to be any concern by LE about his ability to drive, so how/why would they conclude alcohol was a factor in Shane's accident?

As an aside, I'm trying to figure out how Ragusa factors in at the end of JPSO's involvement. The state report refers to the FD as Marrero-Harvey. Their addy is:

808 MacArthur Av, Harvey (regular travel time 6 to 7 mins to the crash site)

But, JPSO refers to Ragusas roll (sic). There is a Marrero-Ragusa FD at:

1400 Berger Rd, Marrero, LA, USA (regular travel time 7 to 11 mins to the crash site)

Confusing as to which FD was there. Obviously a fire truck would travel faster than normal traffic, and whichever FD responded, they were recorded at the scene 4 mins from the time they were notified at 01:01 am.

from timeline:

01:01am Time

01:01am Rescue unit called

1:02 JPSO enroute

01:05am Rescue unit arrived on scene (Fire Department: Marrero-Harvey)

1:05 JPSO onscene (note: further down says ONSCN 1:08:04 S819)

So confusing!

Just as an aside, I was at a community event today, and the local police had a demonstration "rollover" vehicle up in the air and rotating. They had "occupants" inside the vehicle and showed the difference between wearing seatbelts and not as the car flipped over and over. It was fascinating. The driver without the seatbelt first hit the roof of the car, then eventually was ejected out the driver window. Watching that today, I don't see how on earth he walked away if he was not wearing a seatbelt, like they claim.

I have some questions about Shane's cell phone, which I feel are very important to this case. In fact could those with any information write down all they know about Shane's cell phone with a reply to this message? Is it known for instance other than the exchanges between Shane and Brett, how many messages were on it and Shane's conversations with ANYONE leading up to that day and night?

I would also be interested, I hope I am not getting too personal here, but is there a general consensus from the Fell family as in what happened to Shane? What about the other people with whom Shane and Brett were with that night? What do they think happened to Shane?

Satch

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but where was Shane's cell phone found in relation to the crash site? Does anyone know how many messages were on it at the time?

Satch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member