LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that addy on Klein is a Sprint/Nextel address (Sprint/Nextel was referenced on the JPSO report) ... so not necessarily an addy associated with the 911 caller himself but the phone the caller was using or the cell phone provider??

If you google <"249 Klein" Westwego> (without the <>) , a master lease agreement comes up between Sprint and various addys, one of which is the Klein addy.

http://google.brand.edgar-online.co...85325-29918-1835422&SessionID=KBloHqvBON74b_7

when I first saw the sprint/Nextel reference to the 911 call -- and that the addy was a business on Klein st etc.....I thought of a business walkie talkie (push to talk) often used in dispatch etc so perhaps the 911 caller may have been a person working on railroad or in the adjacent factories ? I understood it was a direct radio to base station as well as a cell phone.

from: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/2010-12-06-Sprint-Nextel_N.htm?csp=34

"Nextel's signature feature is its fast push-to-talk function, which resembles a walkie-talkie. It once made Nextel popular with outdoor workers such as construction crews"

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/31/sprint-nextel-freedom/

I think that addy on Klein is a Sprint/Nextel address (Sprint/Nextel was referenced on the JPSO report) ... so not necessarily an addy associated with the 911 caller himself but the phone the caller was using or the cell phone provider??

If you google <"249 Klein" Westwego> (without the <>) , a master lease agreement comes up between Sprint and various addys, one of which is the Klein addy.

http://google.brand.edgar-online.co...85325-29918-1835422&SessionID=KBloHqvBON74b_7
I included a picture of the tower at that location on the map.

I think Kenny said that he tried going to the person's place of work to talk to him. Kenny - do you know where the 911 caller worked?

when I first saw the sprint/Nextel reference to the 911 call -- and that the addy was a business on Klein st etc.....I thought of a business walkie talkie (push to talk) often used in dispatch etc so perhaps the 911 caller may have been a person working on railroad or in the adjacent factories ? I understood it was a direct radio to base station as well as a cell phone.

from: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/2010-12-06-Sprint-Nextel_N.htm?csp=34

"Nextel's signature feature is its fast push-to-talk function, which resembles a walkie-talkie. It once made Nextel popular with outdoor workers such as construction crews"

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/31/sprint-nextel-freedom/

Also Kenny, I was wondering if it might be possible to share the report prepared by the PI here with us? Sorry for all the questions.

The address for the 911 caller didn't exist....We tried that as well...Funny Ha!!!!.The PI'S report i would much rather keep that off the blog for now...I can tell you there is not much on it...

Is it possible that Verifone, Shane's employer, would help to push for those records?
Have they been helpful to family?

The car looks close to the fence. If Shane climbed on the car, could he have jumped over the barbed wire?

The fence you talking about is a pipe yard...This company was working 24's and had people all around after Shane wreck the car so he didn't climb the fence...The people in that yard was the one's who seen the PT CRUISER that night...

The address for the 911 caller didn't exist....We tried that as well...Funny Ha!!!!.The PI'S report i would much rather keep that off the blog for now...I can tell you there is not much on it...

That's what I figured ... we went from 241 Klein to kind of nothing. So, we have either dispatch who can't type, caller who doesn't know his own addy, or absolute BS made up by one or t'other or both.

Maybe the 911 caller is the Westwego LEO?

So the PT cruiser was witnessed by multiple people? It really sounds like LE really botched this case from day one. Whether intentional or incompetence, it stands to reason that the Fell family has a good lawsuit case IMO. For what, I'm not sure. But I definitely think they need to stop trying with LE for a moment and focus on getting a lawyer who can do the legal work it takes to get the first responders talking!

This case is very perplexing. I wish the best for Shane, Brett, Kenny, and all other family and friends.

So the PT cruiser was witnessed by multiple people? It really sounds like LE really botched this case from day one. Whether intentional or incompetence, it stands to reason that the Fell family has a good lawsuit case IMO. For what, I'm not sure. But I definitely think they need to stop trying with LE for a moment and focus on getting a lawyer who can do the legal work it takes to get the first responders talking!

This case is very perplexing. I wish the best for Shane, Brett, Kenny, and all other family and friends.

I had the same thought. Get a lawyer, hopefully they will be able to get you answers.

Doesn't the family have a right to see the phone records?

Ok...I have question for YA'LL...Dat's how we talk here...I know we have Law students on this Blog...How hard is it to file a PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST.....

That's what I figured ... we went from 241 Klein to kind of nothing. So, we have either dispatch who can't type, caller who doesn't know his own addy, or absolute BS made up by one or t'other or both.

I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Ok...I have question for YA'LL...Dat's how we talk here...I know we have Law students on this Blog...How hard is it to file a PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST.....

And there are also Verified Attorney's here, Kenny. None posting here now, but if no one else can give you that information maybe we could contact one of our VA's find out.

Bessie, is there a verified attorney here that can answer Kenny's question ?? I know there is a list somewhere.

I emailed minor4th, who is a verified attorney, to please stop by the thread.

Hi posted 2 posts earlier today that have disappeared just wondering can someone tell me what happenend them. 1 Was a question for Kenny and the other was information to help Kenny??

Huh? This is what's located at 249 Klein.

TYG6bFm.jpg

The report doesn't state that is the caller's address. It's the substation that picked up the call.

Hi posted 2 posts earlier today that have disappeared just wondering can someone tell me what happenend them. 1 Was a question for Kenny and the other was information to help Kenny??

&#8220;Inviting&#8221; is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as &#8220;Check your PMs&#8221; or &#8220;PM me&#8221; posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.

If you can't post it, don't.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

============

I don't think we know if LE pulled DMV records for all of the red/maroon PT cruisers and then narrowed them to the area. I live in a major city near NO and go there frequently. Yes, there are PT cruisers on the roads but not in numbers even remotely comparable to white pick up trucks for example. I still notice a PT cruiser when I see one...and frankly, don't recall many red or maroon ones. Even could have checked southern Mississippi as the area where the accident happened would be one traveled by construction workers....but not tourists more than likely. I just question how hard LE looked for this car. PIs still have access to a lot of DMV records. Did any of them ever look at this? This narrowing down task would have definitely been doable.
Did we ever find out if this would have been Shane's first DWI charge? Costly but not that big of a deal....you can basically jump through some hoops and wipe it a way, Article 986, I think. For subsequent DWIs folks sometimes do run, there has been a legislative push to tighten the penalty for that but not sure where it stands. Lately, we have had a rash of pedestrians getting run over for a variety of reasons.....and I sort of suspect something along that line with, perhaps, LE involved and perhaps some type of altercation.....For folks not from here, he just wouldn't have run to or mistakenly fallen in the Mississippi River. Could the family interest the New Orleans Advocate or The Times-Picayune in doing an investigative story. They are in a competitive battle. To investigate this case would be a major readership draw. They both frequently attack LE corruption if that is what is suspected.
With LE, an issue with public records request is they always cite "ongoing investigation" beyond what they want to tell you and there's no time limit. A lawyer or a law class at Tulane or Loyola might be an option....that is if the request Kenny is talking about involved something LE holds...otherwise there's nothing to it as Bessie says but always, always put in writing for documentation purposes even though the law doesn't require it. Definitely no harm in asking.

Just had a thought, if Shane was standing beside the car....is it possible that LE could have tasered him.....he went unconscious, and then................or that it was mistakenly believed he had a weapon? (like maybe his shoe in his hand)? and something went awry. Hate to be trashing on LE but we who are more local, know there have been instances of wrongdoing.
The pings are a true key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member