LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they need family permission for dna status checks, that more or private matter than a state law matter. If shane was a blood donor or had a allergy something like that. they would need to family permission to check. revify

they need family permission for dna status checks, that more or private matter than a state law matter. If shane was a blood donor or had a allergy something like that. they would need to family permission to check. revify

oldwindow, I think the poster was talking about the UID having DNA insufficient. Shane has a good DNA profile.

Hello Kenny.

I was asked by another WS member to take a look at this thread. Quick glance gave me an idea. From what I have read, Shane has some skill sets in crafts. If he is gaining some income from these crafts, it should show up in checking craft shops, leather supply shops, craft fairs, Renaissance Fairs and craft sales shops. Showing his picture in those places in a wide area and putting up posters should jog a few memories. Makes sense to me that he may try to make money from something he knows well and enjoys.

Hey Trackergd
In the very beginning of the search we did hit up all the shops Shane would go to hoping they would have some info but that never panned out....I think we will start hitting some of the craft fairs around...Thats a GREAT IDEA......Thanks so much

Hello Kenny.

I was asked by another WS member to take a look at this thread. Quick glance gave me an idea. From what I have read, Shane has some skill sets in crafts. If he is gaining some income from these crafts, it should show up in checking craft shops, leather supply shops, craft fairs, Renaissance Fairs and craft sales shops. Showing his picture in those places in a wide area and putting up posters should jog a few memories. Makes sense to me that he may try to make money from something he knows well and enjoys.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! That was me!!! I appreciate your input over here, so I know Kenny does! Please, keep bringing us fresh ideas and perspective! It is such a unique case and I want his sweet family to have some sort of closure!

Here is one for you....There was a hit and run around 4th july the person was from out of town.The family tried to contact this person with no luck so they contacted NOPD....The family was told oooo the person is probably drunk somewhere...Days go by and the family wants a Missing person report made,NOPD tells the family you have to come to New Orleans to file one.The parents come and make the report after 2 days in the city...Nothing is done...The parents then go to the coroner office....this is were they found the family member...IN THE MORGUE....NOPD DIDN'T LOOK THERE AFTER 2 WEEKS....SAD SAD STORY

Here is one for you....There was a hit and run around 4th july the person was from out of town.The family tried to contact this person with no luck so they contacted NOPD....The family was told oooo the person is probably drunk somewhere...Days go by and the family wants a Missing person report made,NOPD tells the family you have to come to New Orleans to file one.The parents come and make the report after 2 days in the city...Nothing is done...The parents then go to the coroner office....this is were they found the family member...IN THE MORGUE....NOPD DIDN'T LOOK THERE AFTER 2 WEEKS....SAD SAD STORY

That's heartbreaking.....

It is a sad fact that many LE departments do not share information, and in some cases, even departments within the same town/city have very poor communications. To me this contributes to the large number of cases never being solved.

Kenny,

Keep me up to date with any information you do manage to find. I will give pointers. PM me if needed. Think outside the box. Don't get caught up in the swirl of friends, media etc. And of course my prayers are with your family.

Kenny,

Just occurred to me that living history events would be another place to check. From the French and Indian War through WWII, there are a lot of leather products used. And don't forget about the Renaissance Fairs and black powder/fur trade era Rendezvous events. Those two also use a LOT of leather products. They also have their own cultures and sub cultures that involve survivalists and those who prefer to live outdoors. Might need to do some Google searching to look for these type events within a 100 mile radius.

Sorry i have been missing but we started back to school.....I have to you crazier things have happened...I was doing a photo shoot on Saturday when the people found out i was Shane's uncle they wanted to talk..The family had a friend with them who had also wrecked her car in the same site as Shane weeks after Shane's wreck....I think she was the girl who wrecked her new mustang...The family was just lost for words when they found out who i was...we talked for about a hour and they also think things are funny...They also think they know the young lady who stopped and talked to Shane..I hope to have more conversations with these people...maybe we can find this girl and talk with her...CROSSING MY FINGERS

Sorry i have been missing but we started back to school.....I have to you crazier things have happened...I was doing a photo shoot on Saturday when the people found out i was Shane's uncle they wanted to talk..The family had a friend with them who had also wrecked her car in the same site as Shane weeks after Shane's wreck....I think she was the girl who wrecked her new mustang...The family was just lost for words when they found out who i was...we talked for about a hour and they also think things are funny...They also think they know the young lady who stopped and talked to Shane..I hope to have more conversations with these people...maybe we can find this girl and talk with her...CROSSING MY FINGERS

bbm
yeah!!! this shows promise -- keep hope alive and keep us updated

WOW!!!

Kenny that is such an inspirational story!!!! We are all hoping with you that positive things will come out of this!!!!

Satch

Ok ....I have a question and i hope somebody can give me a answer...Is it possible to go to the parish morgue and ask about Shane's case.I have read so many times people get over looked at this place....I know crazier things have happened but these days people just don't do their jobs.......Thanks

Ok ....I have a question and i hope somebody can give me a answer...Is it possible to go to the parish morgue and ask about Shane's case.I have read so many times people get over looked at this place....I know crazier things have happened but these days people just don't do their jobs.......Thanks

I'd call them & explain your situation. I don't know who the current Coroner is, but you should be able to call to see if they have any unidentified persons.

I will call after lunch to see what info they have on Shane as far as DNA....With the HORROR stories you hear these days you can't be too sure....
Thanks Kenny

Kenny, I think that is really smart!!! Even if he is not there, you never know what helpful info or contacts they might give you!! Good luck and keep us informed! I want him found so badly for y'all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back