LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was looking for a red/brown haired girl for a different case and saw Diana Munyon. I've seen this young missing girl before many times, but never considered her for our LP Jane because Diana disappeared in 1982 at 16. Diana left Fulton, Mississippi in 1981 for CA. She last spoke to family in 1982. It was thought at one time that she might have been a Green River victim. But I'm thinking that since she was from Mississippi she could have headed back towards family at some point ending up in the New Orleans area.
She would have been 20 in 1986; hair is listed as brown, but IMO has some red tints. Her smile shows nice teeth; dentals have not been made available. Has a scar on right leg. Height is 64 inches (same as victim); Weight in 1982 was 105 lbs. Jane Doe has many additional scars, implants and previous hip fracture -- none of this is noted for Diane. Maybe these things could have had time to happen from 1982 until '86?
I wanted to see what you all thought...she's not on the rule out list either.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14231/7?current_page=transportation

I was looking for a red/brown haired girl for a different case and saw Diana Munyon. I've seen this young missing girl before many times, but never considered her for our LP Jane because Diana disappeared in 1982 at 16. Diana left Fulton, Mississippi in 1981 for CA. She last spoke to family in 1982. It was thought at one time that she might have been a Green River victim. But I'm thinking that since she was from Mississippi she could have headed back towards family at some point ending up in the New Orleans area.
She would have been 20 in 1986; hair is listed as brown, but IMO has some red tints. Her smile shows nice teeth; dentals have not been made available. Has a scar on right leg. Height is 64 inches (same as victim); Weight in 1982 was 105 lbs. Jane Doe has many additional scars, implants and previous hip fracture -- none of this is noted for Diane. Maybe these things could have had time to happen from 1982 until '86?
I wanted to see what you all thought...she's not on the rule out list either.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14231/7?current_page=transportation

I can definitely see facial similarities.

I see similarities. A probable circumstance as well, especially if she left of her own accord. Green River Killer Gary Ridgeway chose prostitutes as his victims most of the time-any indication Diana was into activities like that?

Hey Amber1,
There is a comment that Diana was living a high risk life style - so she could have been a Ridgeway target. Also, I'm not sure if, say drug use was part of her life that 5 years later, her teeth would be in such great condition, as this Jane Doe's were reported to be. There was some reports that she might have gone to Vegas. Her facial shape, teeth appearance then and height were what caught my attention.

Hey Amber1,
There is a comment that Diana was living a high risk life style - so she could have been a Ridgeway target. Also, I'm not sure if, say drug use was part of her life that 5 years later, her teeth would be in such great condition, as this Jane Doe's were reported to be. There was some reports that she might have gone to Vegas. Her facial shape, teeth appearance then and height were what caught my attention.

Nola,
Thank you for your information! I think it's more likely she is still somewhere in that area, but anything's possible and by leaving one stone unturned, we could be missing something.
I have always believed out Lake Ponchartrain Jane Doe was from the states, but not reported as missing. I wonder about the father of the child...did he report her missing by any chance? Was he the one who killed her? Could she have been a biker due to that injury she has that they think is due to a motorcycle accident? I assume this was her first pregnancy, and it usually takes longer to show in your first pregnancy versus a later one. Is it possible her significant other did not know she was pregnant. Did she? Could her pregnancy been a motive for her murder? (For example, let's say she had an affair and the child was not that of the person she was in a relationship with?)
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/...der-spotlight-the-slidell-jane-doe/index.html

I'm planning on going to the Slidell Library next week to pull some micro film news articles on this and another St Tammany Parish cold case. If there's anything or suggestions on what to look for, send them my way.

I kinda think that this young girl was part of the transient military community -- maybe she met her military husband overseas and that's were she had her breast implants done. I so wonder if her medical records were ever 'shopped' at military hospitals for identification. I do think that her significant other is the likely perp.

I want to suggest Deborah Post as a match for this Jane Doe.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22513/23

This looks like a viable match. Height, age, and facial shape match. Hair color is off. Deborah Post had brown hair, the UID had red/auburn hair.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/852

Very little info is on Deborah Post aside from the fact she was last seen by her husband on April 12, 1986. She was only entered into NAMUS in October 2013. DNA is list as "Initial inquiry underway".

It could not hurt and only help to submit this possible match to law enforcement. They probably could not be certain until Deborah's DNA is entered into CODIS which could be a few months. I would at the very least submit to the Doe Network.

This 1993 article is in the INFO section of the Searching for Deborah Pappas- Post FACEBOOK page. Several items jump out at me that make me think that Deborah's circumstances could fit with this Jane Doe -- including the fact that her spouse was pretty mobile following her disappearance. I have bolded some points for you all to see my train of thought...

Worcester Telegram & Gazette (MA)
SEVEN YEARS LATER, CASE IS STILL OPEN \ DISAPPEARANCE OF
April 11, 1993
Section: LOCAL NEWS
Page: B1
By Harold A. Gushue Jr.; Telegram & Gazette Staff
STURBRIDGE - Deborah (Pappas) Post was four months pregnant and two weeks past her 25th birthday the last time she was seen at her cape-style home at 7 Wallace Road.
That was seven years ago this week, and the April 13, 1986, disappearance of the pretty 5-foot, 3-inch brunette still puzzles Police Chief Kevin Fitzgibbons, who worked hard on what is still technically an open case. "I think that there is someone involved in this investigation who has additional information that did not come out during the course of the initial investigation," the chief said in a recent interview.
Declining to be specific, he speculated that "fear and loyalty" have stopped the person from coming forward - fear of being involved in the investigation, and loyalty to some others who were questioned.
It was 12:09 p.m. April 13, 1986, when Larry B. Post, 26, reported his wife missing. Police said Post reported seeing his wife late in the afternoon of April 12 at their home.
He told police someone forced entry into the house and it appeared his wife was removed forcibly from the residence. "That was his opinion," Fitzgibbons said.
Evidence included some damage to a piece of furniture and items strewn around. Police said they found no sign of forced entry. Deborah Post's car was left at the house.
Police used a helicopter, dogs and also had the water level lowered at Westville Dam, not far from Wallace Road, but the search for Deborah Post proved fruitless. Her pocketbook was found in a trash container on Interstate 91, just south of Rocky Hill, Conn., where the couple lived before moving to Sturbridge. The purse contained her identification and personal items.
After police questioned Post the day he reported her missing, he left to get some paperwork from his office at Aetna Life and Casualty Insurance Co. in Middletown, Conn. Police said he believed the papers might help in the investigation.
That was the last police saw of him for some time.
On June 16, 1986, the Nevada National Bank reported a man using Post's identification had cashed two checks stolen from Southern Nevada Goodwill Industries in Las Vegas. The checks totaled about $5,000.
A subsequent handwriting analysis showed Post signed the checks. Warrants were issued for his arrest in August 1986 at the request of Metropolitan Police in Las Vegas. He was arrested Sept. 7, 1986, and after a court trial, was sentenced to five years in jail, the sentence suspended, and he was to make restitution, Fitzgibbons said. Fitzgibbons said local police traveled to Nevada to question Post about his wife's disappearance, but the interviews produced no new leads.
HE WON'T TALK
Post, who now lives in the area of Meriden, Conn.,, turned down a request for a telephone interview last week, saying, "I'm not going to do any of that."
Deborah's mother, Shirley Pappas, sobbed as she also declined a telephone interview recently.
Post's father, William Post, said the couple met in the insurance office where they both worked, and had been married between a year and 18 months when she disappeared.
A 1979 graduate of Enfield, Conn., High School, Deborah Pappas was an honor student in a class of about 400 students. Although her smiling face can be seen in several club pictures in the school yearbook, several of Deborah's former teachers and classmates and her National Honor Society adviser could recall little or nothing about her except that she was pleasant.
Besides four years on the honor roll, Deborah worked on committees for a prom and variety shows, held student government offices, and was manager of the junior varsity baseball team. In her junior year, she joined the Future Business Leaders of America and was in the club in her senior year as well.
Her low profile apparently continued into married life. The Posts' next-door neighbor, Monique Hager of 9 Wallace Road, said she knew little about them. Hager said she only saw the Posts a couple times during the six months they rented their home, adding that the shades were usually drawn at the Post house.
The Crime Prevention and Control unit attached to District Attorney John J. Conte's office also investigated the Post case. Conte's office said the case remains open, but would make no further comment.
"NO SIGN OF HER'
Fitzgibbons said, "I think there is enough time that has gone by that anyone with information that would assist us would be looked upon as someone who is attempting to cooperate with the authorities. Anyone that would like to discuss the case or information regarding the case can contact me directly and it will be handled discreetly and totally on a confidential basis."
"I think probably the thing that bothers me the most," Fitzgibbons said, "is the fact that we did have physical evidence at the scene which indicated some sort of altercation, and then the total disappearance of the victim, Deborah Post ... But the fact that there has been no sign of her or any indication of her leaving, picking up a different name, residence. Normally, there is something which surfaces after a period of time."
Previous Page
Archives Start Page
All content © 1993- Telegram & Gazette

*I can't find a link for this archived article.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere that Deborah had implants, but maybe that information is just not out there.

Great match Nola! I will see if I can find any ties to him and Louisiana.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere that Deborah had implants, but maybe that information is just not out there.

I have not uncovered anything yet on her medical at all (scars, broken hip, facial recon, or breast implants). But I do have some inquiries out to see if any of her friends recall this about Deborah. Sadly, her parents and sister have passed away. DNA is in it's inquiry stage still for Deborah. My understanding is that LE are trying to obtain from extended family. Very limited details on NAMUS and the entry date in late 2013.

ETA...forgot to mention that there must be dentals, since they were used to rule out previous jane does as being Deborah in the past.

This is a great find Nola! I hope a positive rule-out or in can be made, it'll be one step closer for both cases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee