LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week working on a file for LPJD, having so many random thoughts lately thinking about the red bench weight. Interesting find the UWF was in town the same week LPJD was found

Superdome Extravaganza 6/86
June 14, 1986 in New Orleans, LA
The Superdome drawing 11,000 ($70,000)
Ric Flair was a headliner

http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/usa/misc/midsouth/cards.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

Date Found: Thursday June 19, 1986
North Shore Community, St. Tammany Parish – Slidell, LA
(LPJD was spotted approximately 7:30pm on the evening of 6/19/86)

Physical Description:
Estimated Age: 20-30 (Mary M indicated mid 30’s cannot be ruled out)
Race: White
Height: 5’1” – 5’5”/ 62”-66” Petite frame (Initial report height given 5’7” / 67”)
Weight: 120-126 lbs. (Initial reports weight given 100-120 lbs.)
Hair: Shoulder length hair, auburn (Reddish brown / Brown)
Eye: Unknown, Large eyes (Per morgue sketch)
Facial Features: Small slightly upturned nose (Per morgue sketch), freckles
Clothing: None (Found nude)
Jewelry: None (1/2” tan line on left hand ring finger, however no ring was found)
Medical: Approximately 7-12 weeks pregnant, Small old scars; right knee 1.5 cm circular-in-shape (.59”), right wrist 1.2 cm (.47”), midline on abdomen above navel 2.3 cm, (.90”), old major right hip injury (upper thigh/femur bone), Silicone Breast implants; 200cc Cox-Uphoff International of Costa Mesa, CA. implants were encased in a silastic shell (No Serial Numbers). She may have had surgery on her nose, it was hard to totally confirm based on the old morgue photos.
Dental: Dental chart available; All four wisdom teeth had been extracted no other dental work teeth were free of cavities and fillings they were in good condition.
Fingerprintst: One complete finger print was lifted from her decomposed hands.
DNA: Available – LSU Faces State Lab
Postmortem Interval: 36 Hours (NAMUS) 2 Days or Less (LSU)

Circumstances/Investigation:
LPJD was spotted by (2) fisherman at approximately 7:30 pm on the evening of 6/19/86 near the community of North Shore. By the time deputies launched a boat to recover the partially submerged body she had drifted approximately 40 yd. (120 ft.) east of the I-10 twin span bridges and 50-60 yd. (150-180 ft.) from shore.

She was nude with a plastic bag over her head secured with duct tape and a 22 lb. red weight (type used on exercise equipment) tied to her neck. Investigators found several superficial wounds on the woman’s face/head but were unsure what caused them.

Information from weather experts and marine biologist has led detectives to believe the body was put into the lake between Bayou Lacombe and Rigolets Pass.

There were no serial numbers on the breast implants. Investigators consulted New Orleans plastic surgeons for assistance where the size and manufacturer was determined. It was also advised that most plastic surgeons in the New Orleans area use larger implants.

The implant manufacturer Cox-Uphoff spokesman provided the Sherriff’s office a list of plastic surgeons around the country who have ordered the 200cc size implant. Cox-Uphoff spokesman said the size is common in the US and estimated 500-700 doctors across the country order the 200cc size every year. Detectives have called or written 175 physicians for help. When you go out of this area it begins to get lost doctors way up in the Northeast of the country may not be as helpful to assist.

The medical pathologist that performed the autopsy determined she died of asphyxiation. However, could not pinpoint whether death was by drowning, suffocation or strangulation. Her blood contained small amounts of caffeine and alcohol. Her body bore evidence of several minor cuts and blows, all superficial and was unsure what caused them. He estimated she died the day before her body was found (Sometime Wednesday June 18th). LPJD bore small old scars, right knee, right wrist and upper abdomen.

St Tammany LE received a report on Wed-6/18 that a caller reported deputies would be told where to find (2) bodies beneath an interstate highway bridge if they met a man at the state tourist information center on I-10 West of Slidell. Deputies found no one at the rest area, a search of bridges on I-10 and I-59 turned up no bodies.

Inspector Harvey Pratt of the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations examined morgue photos of the woman’s face and painted over them to produce a likeness of her. She was a young attractive woman w/shoulder length auburn hair swept back from her face.

St Tammany LE investigation produced 200 inquiries from around the country but few strong leads to her identity. A description of LPJD is filed in an FBI computer in Washington. It is presumed LPJD was not local to the area due to the amount of news media publicity surrounding the case.

Investigating Agencies:

St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office
Dt. Marco Demma; 985.645.2467 (Direct Line) / 985.726.8000 (Main Office Line)
E-Mail Address: mdemma7213@yahoo.com
*Demma retired from NOPD in 2003 and took to investigating St Tammany Cold Cases.

LSU Faces Lab – Case # LSU 03-35 - http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
Teresa Wilson, Asst. Research Professor: 225.578.4761
Maria Allaire, Research Associate: 225.578.4775
Dr Ginesse Listi: 225.578.3906 / E-Mail: glisti1@lsu.edu
General Email: faces@lsu.edu

NAMUS UP # 852 - https://identifyus.org/cases/852
Michael Nance: 918.527.0080 / E-Mail: Michael.Nance@unthsc.edu

Crimestoppers
– Possible reward – 504.837.8477 / info@crimestoppersgno.org

NCMEC Case # NCMC4000074
NCIC Case # U-211402266

Burial/Remains:
LPJD’s remains are now held at the LSU Faces lab
9/4/03 – Exhumed for DNA/Dental matching to Lisa Marie Sexton
7/2/86 – Buried in a wood frame cardboard box w/baby angel printed on top
Greenwood Cemetery, Potters Field Section – Slidell, LA (Bayou Patassat)

Information Resources:
The Times Picayune Article – 2003 (Archives)
The Times Picayune Article – 12/14/86 (Archives)
The Times Picayune Article – 07/16/86 (Archives)
The Times Picayune Article – 07/03/86 (Archives)
The Times Picayune Article – 06/21/86 (Archives)
Doe Network Case: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html
AMW Fans: http://amwfans.com/thread/811/lake-pontchartrain-jane-killer-louisiana
AMW Video: https://youtu.be/XWqqYSec0DA

Only (15) exclusions in 30 years one would think there would be more exclusions given the amount of time and publicity on this UID.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

1. Debra Cressotti - Massachusetts
  2. Carol Donn - Florida
  3. Hazel Klug - Virginia
  4. Tammy Leppert - Florida
  5. Shannon Potter - Maryland
  6. Susan Riedling - Kentucky
  7. Patricia Schmidt - Virginia
  8. Faye Self - Louisiana
  9. Lisa Sexton - Ohio
  10. Mary Shinn - Arkansas
  11. Sally Stone - Idaho
  12. Nadine Timm - Illinois
  13. Annette Vail - Louisiana
  14. Joyce Walcott - California
  15. April Zane - Illinois

LPJD must have incurred an immense amount of pain and a lengthy recovery period. During the recovery period a patient would need to use a walker or crutches for several months and attend physical therapy. Many of these types of injuries require surgery that include the usage of pins in the procedure. The injury was not recognized until LPJD was exhumed would pins deteriorate if LPJD had any at all ?

Right Hip Compound Fracture:

Broken Hip/Fracture occurs in the upper portion of your thighbone or femur. The top of the femur and part of the pelvic bone meet to form the hip.

Compound Fracture: A fracture in which the broken bones cut through the skin. This type of fracture is more prone to infection and requires immediate medical attention.

Hip Fractures: Common injuries after a front end accident. Due to the force of an accident can push up the leg to the hip and break the hip near the pelvis.

How fractures can occur: High-Energy forces; motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian struck by a vehicle, bicycling / motorcycle accidents or falling from a significant height.

Surgical: Most hip injuries require surgery to repair the hip. Surgery is done as soon as possible after a hip fracture. Certain fractures that have not moved “displaced” may not require surgery. Because there is a risk that they may move later on they are often fixed. After surgery a common issue is leg length discrepancy a shoe lift may be needed to equalize the limb length.

Recovery: Patient will not be fully weight-bearing for several months. Crutches, walker or a cane will be needed to aid mobilization.

OrthoInfo – American Academy of Orthopedic Information
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00521

Fractures and Trauma
http://www.motion-ortho.com/fractures-and-trauma/

For LPJD to have been placed in the lake at Bayou Lacombe she would have had to made it under (2) bridges Old Hwy 11 and the twin span. IMO that is a long ways to go; the water had to have a high current / choppy east flow.
There were a lot of fishing piers that are private camps between old Hwy 11 and the twin spans. There is also one and use to be several pre-Katrina on the east side of the twin span.

Looking for the marine lake forecast (Northshore), thus far have only located forecasts from the Lakefront Airport (Southshore).

Weather Conditions:
6/19/86 (Thur) – High 91.9 F / Low 79.0 F; Wind 5.3 – 12 kt, PPTN 0.00” (Fog/Thunder)
6/18/86 (Wed) – High 91.9 F / Low 70.0 F; Wind 5.1 – 8.9 kt, PPTN 0.04”
6/17/86 (Tue) – High 91.0 F / Low 75.9 F; Wind 3.4 – 9.9 kt, PPTN 0.35” (Thunder)

Weight Plate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbell#Plates
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_plate

The plate found with LPJD was a red 22lb/10kg weight. Colored weight plates are referred to as Olympic Bumper Plates there are standard IWF and non-standard used outside of IWF. Thus far all of the 22lb weights researched on the net the standard color is green. Either the weight provided was incorrect or we have a non-common plate that could actually be a very good clue.

It is very hard to see the manufacturer imprinted name in the picture, been trying to determine if it is a solid metal or a rubber bumper plate.

Red Weight - 22lb.jpg

Just IMO having a weight plate available indicates the perp was athletic and worked out.

IWF Standard / IWF Non-Standard
IFW Standard.JPGNon-Standard IFW.JPG

Can see the facial similarities,her age would be in range, a little taller than LPJD, hair color reasonable. Kristy is missing tooth # 30 first molar our LPJD is only missing #1, #16, # 32, # 17 third molars.

Dumbell Weights

Believe I've found a possible match

Red Weight - 22lb.jpgDiversified Products - Orbatron Red 22lb 10kg.JPG

Orbatron UltraKtron - 10kg / 22lb
Manufactured Diversified Products Corp - Opelika, AL (Closed 1998)

http://www.eastalabama.org/diversfied_products.aspx
http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/h-3419
http://exercise.lovetoknow.com/DP_Exercise_Equipment

James decided to capitalize on an idea for concrete weights covered with plastic derived from Mobile weightlifter Joe Newman. was given the trade name Orbatron. In November 1961

The development of this new plastic enclosed weight material called “Orbatron” led the company into new products for lamp manufactures (lamp base weight ballast) and the production of marine anchors.

Sears, Roebuck, and Co. was the first national retailer to purchase a large quantity of weights

Other major retail outlets soon followed, including Montgomery Ward, J. C. Penney, Kmart, Wal-Mart, Zayre's, and Sam's Club

Diversified Products or “DP” became the largest manufacturer of physical fitness products in the world with plants in Opelika, California, Canada, Mexico, and Swansea, Wales.

Has Kristina Ann Perkins been ruled out? Circumstances surrounding her disappearance as well as time and location seem unlikely, but age,height an weight are a match. There seems to be a similar facial structure to the recons. There is no mention on Kristina having a scar on her knee, abdomen or a fractured hip. These things could have occurred after she was reported missing. She has a scar on top of her LEFT wrist and our JD has one listed on top of her RIGHT wrist. Possible one of them was reported/entered incorrectly? Also, Kristina has brown hair, however it looks lighter to me in her photos. Possibly strawberry blonde or light brown with red highlights? She also had a wire dental retainer at time of her disappearance so more than likely would have good teeth. I have not found any dental records for her yet. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perkins_kristina.html

Would really like to know her nationality, wonder if it is at all possible to determine with the DNA and remains that are at LSU. It could generate new potential leads

Orbatron-Ultra-K-Tron-88-lbs-Pounds-4-Kilos.jpg

vinyl....I'm sorry a sort of nauseous

Yes they are vinyl cemented weights, found them and posted #429

Going over the area yesterday .... Whom ever was the perp knew the area Honestly believe he dumped her off sometime the early morning hours of Wed very close to where she was found. To also have a home gym weight handy ... Along with a plastic bag, duct tape and string seems to me this would be at a residence. Relatively it occurred all very quickly in which you would have to somewhat know the area to get to a location and dump without being seen. Had thought it could be someone from one of the many of the camps that are along the shoreline... But that would be to close to home and Could easily link back to the perp.

She looks Cajun to me. I don't think she was reported missing. I have relatives that look like her. I don't think she was from the area she was found but think she was from Louisiana or from a nearby town or state. I can't pinpoint it but she looks Cajun.

Understand what you mean, have tossed around the possibility. South LA to Lafayette possibly ..... there is an MP @ St Martinsville all thou her MP is a few months after LPJD. Was doing sone research this evening LPJD missing wisdom teeth it is undetermined if they were extracted or congenital missing. Its not common but not uncommon the highest percentage for congenital are the persons of the Canada region. Of course you know Louisiana's connection with Canada. This is just some of the findings and thoughts dancing around in my head. May be leading to another dead end ... But at least I can rule some of it out .. One step at a time

Here is the other kicker .. In persons of European ancestry, the most common missing teeth are the wisdom teeth (25-35%)

It is genetic related and runs in families ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members