LA LA - Stacy Baham, 33, Ascension Parish, 11 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought the boyfriend was the last one to see Stacy too but the boyfriend says not so. He claims he wasn't even there when she took the truck.
It
https://www.facebook.com/livingstonparishsheriffsoffice

That's why I said I wonder how much we can trust the sheriff's Facebook. Do you think they would delete comments made by someone claiming to be the boyfriend, remembering it is a small town?

The impression I was getting at the sheriff sight was there was some kind of debt problem.

As far as her youngest child his daddy's right there to take care of him so she might not be too worried about being gone for a while. As I tried to point out it was a fanciful scenario :)

ETA: then again, it could just be true.

I live about an hour away. I haven't noticed any flyers.
I will share in Lafayette.

Don't stop me, I am sliding on the razor this time.

I didn't understand this expression, showing my own ignorance I suppose, but I thought I'd ask the meaning; it may come up again and next time I'll know. Thank you

This sounds just too weird. Yesterday, the boyfriend responded to his own post that he wrote on Sept 5 at 1:03pm. In his reply he says that HE was the one who happened to find her truck. He says he was on his way to Prairieville to a "gen shop" [sic] (I'm guessing he meant gun shop?? I don't think he would mean a GEM shop, but if a geN shop is a thing, please let me know.)

Anyway, so he says they saw the truck with windows down in the rain, but didn't stop when they saw it. Instead, they waited until the return trip home. BUT they didn't have the tools to fix it, so they (he and his father) returned the next morning.
https://www.facebook.com/livingston...69802627855/10153527869107856/?type=1&theater

Am I the only one that finds this super hinky????

Questions I have:
1. He says they "didn't even stop on the way there" but he was able to ascertain that the battery was dead. How do you know that from just driving by?

2. WHO just drives along, sees their truck with window down IN THE RAIN, and just keeps driving?? OMG especially if said truck had been taken by your girlfriend who was reported MISSING like 12 days before???
"Oh jeepers, there's the truck she took when she went missing 18 days ago. Well, we better keep on truckin' we don't want to be late to Prairieville. That shop might close, and that would be a bummer. My spidey sense tells me the battery is dead anyway, so we can't do anything about it now..." Yeah. Sounds normal. Not.

3. When was this discovering of the truck, anyway? Was it on the 29th as LE has stated the truck was discovered? Or did he see it on the 28th and finally report it as found on the 29th when he "went back with his dad the next morning?"

4. More a comment than a question, but it sure is convenient to happen across the last known vehicle the missing person was in. Totally logical that your prints would be all over it, etc...

Do we know WHEN exactly she was last seen? I've read the 11th, but never seen a time.
Or even when the missing person's report was filed (other than "on the 17th). I've been searching the web but can't seem to find this info. Maybe it was mentioned in passing somewhere, but I can't find it... anyone else have luck with this?
TIA

This sounds just too weird. Yesterday, the boyfriend responded to his own post that he wrote on Sept 5 at 1:03pm. In his reply he says that HE was the one who happened to find her truck. He says he was on his way to Prairieville to a "gen shop" [sic] (I'm guessing he meant gun shop?? I don't think he would mean a GEM shop, but if a geN shop is a thing, please let me know.)

Anyway, so he says they saw the truck with windows down in the rain, but didn't stop when they saw it. Instead, they waited until the return trip home. BUT they didn't have the tools to fix it, so they (he and his father) returned the next morning.
https://www.facebook.com/livingston...69802627855/10153527869107856/?type=1&theater

Am I the only one that finds this super hinky????

Questions I have:
1. He says they "didn't even stop on the way there" but he was able to ascertain that the battery was dead. How do you know that from just driving by?

2. WHO just drives along, sees their truck with window down IN THE RAIN, and just keeps driving?? OMG especially if said truck had been taken by your girlfriend who was reported MISSING like 12 days before???"Oh jeepers, there's the truck she took when she went missing 18 days ago. Well, we better keep on truckin' we don't want to be late to Prairieville. That shop might close, and that would be a bummer. My spidey sense tells me the battery is dead anyway, so we can't do anything about it now..." Yeah. Sounds normal. Not.

3. When was this discovering of the truck, anyway? Was it on the 29th as LE has stated the truck was discovered? Or did he see it on the 28th and finally report it as found on the 29th when he "went back with his dad the next morning?"

4. More a comment than a question, but it sure is convenient to happen across the last known vehicle the missing person was in. Totally logical that your prints would be all over it, etc...

BBM - I know right? Weird....

occam's razor is the premise that usually the simplest, most likely scenario is the correct one.

I didn't understand this expression, showing my own ignorance I suppose, but I thought I'd ask the meaning; it may come up again and next time I'll know. Thank you

i have a friend who used to do home health and one lady she took care of had a creepy son. she went a few times and asked for a different assignment. is it possible one of her home patients had a creepy family member who could be responsible?

Is it just me, but does anyone find it odd that a 33 year old woman takes pictures of herself over and over day after day in 2015, but has maybe 3 pictures of her son posted over the same time period? I understand self-involved teenagers, but aren't we supposed to go on to another stage of development after that? Maybe I just don't understand the need to constantly take your own picture. Needing confirmation from others that you are attractive? Aging well? I must be too old to understand.

Is it just me, but does anyone find it odd that a 33 year old woman takes pictures of herself over and over day after day in 2015, but has maybe 3 pictures of her son posted over the same time period? I understand self-involved teenagers, but aren't we supposed to go on to another stage of development after that? Maybe I just don't understand the need to constantly take your own picture. Needing confirmation from others that you are attractive? Aging well? I must be too old to understand.

Agreed. I don't think I have any selfie this year yet. However my kids own my fb. 😕

IMO that is neither here nor there. I don't read into FB posts much on these cases. She may only make her profile pictures public and keeps all others, with family and friends, everyday life, etc., private. That is what I do. If you were all to look at my FB profile you would see maybe 5 profile pics and nothing else. I don't feel comfortable putting photos of my kids on the public setting so only my friends see them. But there are plenty for them to see.

Everyone shares differently.

And perhaps she was lonely and hoping some handsome fella would like what he saw and spark up a relationship. This is the norm these days.

I have friends my same age (late 30's) who relentlessly post selfies, pics of their 'weight loss' progress pics which is just a ton of pics of them in their underwear in the bathroom mirror, pics of their daily mani/pedis., it really is amazing to me lol.

I wonder how much of the sheriff's Facebook we can rely upon. For instance the boyfriend, would they delete his comments if he is misidentifying himself? Because he says he wasn't even there when Stacy took the truck. That would mean that he wasn't with her in Gonzales as I had assumed.

I got this crazy scenario last night that Stacy went to Gonzalez for a professional hair color. That way none of the locals would know about the change of color. She wanted her new brown color to look really natural but when she left she covered it with a scarf. On the way out of town she stopped somewhere to change her clothes and don some sunglasses.Then she drove to Maurepas for a Louisiana feast at Hilltop cafe, maybe her last since they're closing. Finally she called a cab to take her to the airport, just an extra hundred and 40 dollars plus change, tip included. All the costs wouldn't really matter if she was using magic plastic to pay for things the way people seem to think she might be doing.

Offbeat but it fits. And of course it's all MOO.
By now we know that my scenario doesn't fit because law enforcement surely would have checked airports and they require identification. Still this woman has been described to us as someone who after losing a great deal of weight changed her hair color and her last name then broke up with her boyfriend and left in his truck which she abandoned.

There have been no updates on this case and no insight into how the sheriff views her disappearance.

An update:

The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office reported it was learned Baham was seen driving in the Maurepas area on August 12 around 5 a.m. It is believed her vehicle ran out of gas around that time.

Detectives believe it was the last time anyone made contact with her. They want anyone who remembers seeing her, a stopped vehicle or remembers stopping to help her or letting her use a cell phone to call 225-686-2241 ext. 1 or 1-800-443-7681 ext. 1.

http://www.wafb.com/story/30172696/detectives-hope-someone-saw-missing-woman-or-even-helped-her-in-some-way

Bumping this case because of the similarities with the case of Terrance Duplush, a man from Gonzales, LA who was last heard from/seen on 9/11/15 after he got dialysis treatment. His car was later found abandoned near the intersection of Hwy 22 and Panama Rd in Sorrento (in a very rural area right outside of Gonzales). The truck Stacy was driving was found abandoned on Hwy 22 in Maurepas - so the vehicles driven by both of these missing people were found in rural areas on Hwy 22. Maurepas is about 25-30 minutes away from when Terrance's car was found (if you travel on Hwy 22). Weird. I hope no one has any car trouble on that road for a while!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...errence-Duplush-47-Gonzales-12-September-2015

(And thanks to CVALDEZ1975 for making me aware of Stacy's case on Terrance's thread)

another similarity is baham was in home health and duplush was on dialysis.....

Bumping this case because of the similarities with the case of Terrance Duplush, a man from Gonzales, LA who was last heard from/seen on 9/11/15 after he got dialysis treatment. His car was later found abandoned near the intersection of Hwy 22 and Panama Rd in Sorrento (in a very rural area right outside of Gonzales). The truck Stacy was driving was found abandoned on Hwy 22 in Maurepas - so the vehicles driven by both of these missing people were found in rural areas on Hwy 22. Maurepas is about 25-30 minutes away from when Terrance's car was found (if you travel on Hwy 22). Weird. I hope no one has any car trouble on that road for a while!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...errence-Duplush-47-Gonzales-12-September-2015

(And thanks to CVALDEZ1975 for making me aware of Stacy's case on Terrance's thread)

I've seen no more news on this lady. She had changed her hair color and gone back to her maiden name so I hope she needed to go incognito and made it out safely.

Stacy hasn't been seen since August 11, 2015. The vehicle she was driving was found abandoned and out of gas on August 29 but there's been no further word about Stacy. I hope the new year will bring some attention to this case so Stacy can come home to her family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randell9587
Back