GUILTY LA - Talaija Dorsey, 12, St James, 1 July 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I kind of wondered about that myself. By reading the statement, it makes me think that someone did actually knock on the door, and as calm as can be presumably, she walked out the door?? According to what we've also read, and I'm sure that Websleuther extraordinaire Nolita will confirm, "Look around, there’s nowhere to go...." So it's a desolate area, so that would tell me that the person or persons that knocked on the door allegedly, may be known by the family. Am I way off on that?

Yes ma'am, you are correct. Our community is small - everyone knows everyone. So I would strongly believe she would open the door to a familiar face. In St. James there is just a sense of safety...I mean we don't lock our door to my house - ever. So right there tells you how safe we presume our community to be. There are very many desolate parts in St. James. I'm sure you can google map a road it's called "3127" which I believe they are searching there. It's VERY creepy & literally has nothing for miles. No houses, no business if your low on gas then you better pray you make it to the gas station (as I had to back when I wen to high school) there's no lights. Nothing. And then there's a road called "Bayou Chever Rd." that is even creepier - it's basically swamps on both sides the road. Of course there is cane field everywhere & we are surrounded by water. So if she ran away, no she wouldn't have anywheres to go. I don't believe she ran away. I just can't believe something like this would happen here. I had a false sense of security - I hope you all can kind of understand the picture I'm trying to present...I'm not the best with words, obviously lol.

Yes ma'am, you are correct. Our community is small - everyone knows everyone. So I would strongly believe she would open the door to a familiar face. In St. James there is just a sense of safety...I mean we don't lock our door to my house - ever. So right there tells you how safe we presume our community to be. There are very many desolate parts in St. James. I'm sure you can google map a road it's called "3127" which I believe they are searching there. It's VERY creepy & literally has nothing for miles. No houses, no business if your low on gas then you better pray you make it to the gas station (as I had to back when I wen to high school) there's no lights. Nothing. And then there's a road called "Bayou Chever Rd." that is even creepier - it's basically swamps on both sides the road. Of course there is cane field everywhere & we are surrounded by water. So if she ran away, no she wouldn't have anywheres to go. I don't believe she ran away. I just can't believe something like this would happen here. I had a false sense of security - I hope you all can kind of understand the picture I'm trying to present...I'm not the best with words, obviously lol.

Yes MA'AM??? Hmm....well this is a first. I've never, ever, ever, ever been mistaken for a female. I'm told I look like Carlton from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, or even...gulp, Al Roker, but never a female. ;) I'm ALL man. :)

Yes MA'AM??? Hmm....well this is a first. I've never, ever, ever, ever been mistaken for a female. I'm told I look like Carlton from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, or even...gulp, Al Roker, but never a female. ;) I'm ALL man. :)

I'm sorry SIR! That's what I get for ASSuming!

I'm sorry SIR! That's what I get for ASSuming!

Hahaha....it's all good. :) Just giving you a hard time. So do you believe that she knew the person that allegedly came knocking at her door? Does this area have a high crime rate?

If there was a person knocking on her door, I believe she knew that person. Our area doesn't have a high crime rate AT ALL. Like its pretty much unheard of except for an incedent now and then but nothing like this.

I hope thus beautiful girl is okay. She was last seen at 4:30/5am. What 12 year old is up at that time during the summer (she didn't have to leave for camp until around 7:30)? Was she sleeping when she was last seen?

Foul play suspected in disappearance of girl

Video at the link...http://bcove.me/tysjvcm2

ST. JAMES —
Authorities believe foul play was involved in the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl reported missing from her home in the community of St. James on Tuesday morning. Talaija was discovered missing about 7 a.m. Tuesday when a friend came to her house to go with her to a nearby summer camp. When Talaija’s mother went to get her, the girl was not in her bedroom.

Sheriff’s deputies could be seen around 1:30 p.m. searching a white mini-van that was up on blocks in the yard outside the trailer home. Martin said he could not comment on the search of the mini-van, other than to say someone told officers they had seen someone standing near the vehicle on the day of Talaija’s disappearance.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://theadvocate.com/home/9621419-125/foul-play-suspected-in-disappearance

Doesn't sound good at all. I wonder if there are any sex offenders who live nearby.

Doesn't sound good at all. I wonder if there are any sex offenders who live nearby.

Did you read the article that I posted a little up thread? They arrested the mothers fiance. Is there anyway they arrested him for something else unrelated to this case? Doesn't seem likely. Just thinking out loud.

Statement by aunt. Do you think the part bolded is figurative or literal?

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Missing-12-year-old-girl-in-St-James-Parish-265563421.html

This article has been updated with news of an arrest.

The boyfriend of the mother of a missing 12-year-old girl in St. James Parish has been arrested for obstruction of justice.

Celestine is engaged to the girl's mother, and additional charges could follow, according to authorities.

I can't watch the video because I'm at work, but maybe there's additional details there?

Whatever the case, this isn't sounding good, and I think we can all take a guess at where this looks like this one is going...

Darling little Talaija, I hope you are safe. :rose:

You're kidding. I just heard it reported on the news that she's still missing.

ETA: OMG! I misunderstood. He's arrested, but Talaija's still missing. :( (This is reminding me of last summer and Ahlittia North.)

Arrest made in case of missing St. James girl
wwltv.com Posted on July 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Updated today at 9:12 PM

ST. JAMES, La. - The boyfriend of the mother of a missing 12-year-old girl in St. James Parish has been arrested for obstruction of justice.
Deputies took John D. Celestine, 42, into custody Wednesday evening.

The search for Talaija Dorsey is ongoing. She has been missing for nearly 36 hours after last being seen in her home early Tuesday.

I have no idea, lol. In this context I'm thinking it's another Southernism, like "go to bed" and .... well, I can't think of others right now, but, ykwim...
I kind of wondered about that myself. By reading the statement, it makes me think that someone did actually knock on the door, and as calm as can be presumably, she walked out the door?? According to what we've also read, and I'm sure that Websleuther extraordinaire Nolita will confirm, "Look around, there’s nowhere to go...." So it's a desolate area, so that would tell me that the person or persons that knocked on the door allegedly, may be known by the family. Am I way off on that?

Statement by aunt. Do you think the part bolded is figurative or literal?
Someone knocked on that door and she answered that door. That’s all that was. She did not run away. Look around, there’s nowhere to go.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Missing-12-year-old-girl-in-St-James-Parish-265563421.html
I believe it's literal, not a euphemism at all. (Like I said, this is reminding me of Ahlittia North who was raped and murdered by a relative last July in metro New Orleans.)

Someone knocked, and she answered because she knew the person. She either let him in, or she left with him, because she's a child, and believed the person was safe. JMO

ETA: PublicHysteria, I know it doesn't matter to you at the moment, but congrats on your 1,000th post.

*sigh* This is me in denial.
<--
I believe it's literal, not a euphemism at all. (Like I said, this is reminding me of Ahlittia North who was raped and murdered by a relative last July in metro New Orleans.)

Someone knocked, and she answered because she knew the person. She either let him in, or she left with him, because she's a child, and believed the person was safe. JMO

ETA: PublicHysteria, I know it doesn't matter to you at the moment, but congrats on your 1,000th post.

): poor baby it's like the gabby swainson case hopefully it does not take that long to resolve.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/9621419-171/man-arrested-in-case-of

Deputies booked John D. Celestine, 43, who lived in the Pecan Street home with the family, on felony obstruction of justice and a false communication count, said Maj. Sid Berthelot, a sheriff’s office spokesman.

Celestine was being held in the parish jail in Convent awaiting setting of bail. Because of the potential of additional charges against Celestine, investigators are not releasing further information, the Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

As of Wednesday night, Talaija Dorsey had not been located, despite a search by the sheriff’s office, the FBI, State Police and law enforcement agencies from neighboring parishes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back