LA - Two killed, 9 injured in Lafayette movie theater shooting, 23 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if this guy was infatuated with James Holmes?

and, that IMO explains why he went back in theatre a killed himself - fleeing LE

I know nothing about the film - but it hit me as odd that a romantic comedy , would have gunshots in it (IE the theme that some thought the shots were apart of the film!?

OH god, CNN talking about metal detectors in theatres

sad state of affairs

"Southern movie chain

Southern Theatres, L.L.C. is a movie theater chain based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Owned and operated by George Solomon, Southern Theatres was formed in May 2002. Solomon has been in the theatre business with his family for over 50 years and launched Southern Theatres, L.L.C. to develop and operate state-of-the art multiplex stadium-seating movie theatres. It operates three brands; The Grand Theatre, AmStar Cinemas, and Movie Tavern

Number of locations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Theatres

package actually in suspects car

bomb robot still on scene

THey are gonna blow out the cars windows with the robot per cnn

58 year old white man.

WTF? That is such a strange age for something like this, isn't it? Not to say that older men aren't capable of crimes. Just seems so weird!!!

Some of y'all follow true crime much more than I do...and have for much longer. Does the age of this killer surprise you too??

It does! Usually they are younger- late teens & twenties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strange I have several windows open. All coveering the presser -- what is strange when you click from one to another they are not at the same point (he is saying something) but on antoher channel he is on a different sentense???

does have a criminal background -- its an old charge however

some victims "teens" per cnn

around 100 people in theatre

KLFY News 10
2 mins ·
11 p.m. update: Police have confirmed that the vehicle where a suspicious package was found earlier tonight in the parking lot of the Grand Theater belonged to the suspect in tonight's shooting, a 58 year old male. Police say a bomb sniffing dog made three hits on the vehicle during a search of the entire parking lot following the shooting. Police have not confirmed what was inside the packages.

KLFY NEWS 10 ‏@KLFY 1m1 minute ago
Lafayette Consolidated Government Officials are asking that motorist avoid the area near The Grand Theatre the... http://fb.me/7kc6JwXR7

As per KATC: Bomb squad dog hit on 3 sites around victim's vehicle. They will blow out windows.Shooter has a very old criminal background...nothing new as per Chief Jim Craft. One victim's in surgery but not doing well.col. Mike Edminson (State Police), said that police are doing death notices.
THey are gonna blow out the cars windows with the robot per cnn

Per LA Police Chief on CNN: They believe that the shooter was at the theater by himself.

That's really scary, if the domestic dispute thing is true. Where is his wife? Where are his children, if any?

I hope this isn't worse than it already is.

Paraphrased from livefeed:

Dogs have three hits near the car, so they're going to conduct a controlled blast, within the next hour, to be cautious as they open trunk and gather evidence from the "suspicious" car parked in the condo parking lot. (12:23 am)

Paraphased from brief PC

58 yrs old, shooter. Chief Craft: He does have a criminal history, it is pretty old, they want to make sure it is indeed his identity. One victim has been released. One victim in surgery, not doing well, and one critical among the the injured. They are going to take their time to open the trunk. He appeared to be by himself. Late teens and probably to 60's. Next PC when conference is when the scene is cleared. 7 ppl hospitalized. Victims' bodies still in the theater. LE was had 100 people at the theater when they arrived, to interview.

Reporters:

Do not take Rt by theater on your way to work. Gov. Jindal Asking public for time and space for investigation. Discouraging SM speculation. Still confirming ID of shooter. LE says there may be something suspicious in the trunk so they will take their time to investigate. LE asking for patience as they gather facts. Avoid Johnston Street and theater area.

Story of the heroic teachers. Witnesses share stories.

http://www.wdsu.com/national/live-s...um=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

One of the victims is in surgery and not doing that well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72
Back