Lamar Odom fighting for life after overdosing at brothel

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not trying to be a cynic but I am waiting to hear from a medical official who is or has been treating LO. I have heard everything from "hey baby" to "short words".

JMO

I am so amazed that people like the Kardashians and Jenners are so loved. They are so materialistic and superficial.

This was Lamar Odom's tragedy, not the Kardashians or the Jenners. Odom's children, family, and friends are the victims here.

Lamar Odom was a famous athlete in his own right and will always be known for his basketball prowess and talent. I watched the clips and even though I don't follow basketball, I was very impressed with his talent. It was amazing. I don't believe he will ever be in top form again, but he had already accomplished so much and earned the respect of basketball greats and fans.

It is such a shame this man fell into the temptations of drugs. His star is a bit tarnished now. I hope all of his true friends will rally round him now and help him. I hope he will leave every single one of the Kardashians alone now and concentrate on his health and well-being for the sake of his children and the family who raised him. (yes, I do know the back story)

Lamar's tragedy has been exploited beyond belief, IMO. The brothel owner must have really thought Lamar was going to die when he came out with all of his stories! Supposedly all of the brothel employees signed a confidentiality agreement. Well, what was confidential about it? This so-called man was/is all over the media with stupid stories. I hope Lamar sues him and he has to go out of business. The Kardashians exploited Lamar also.

Famous people have 'groupies' and fans. I realize that, but what is the attraction to the Kardashians? Kim made an X-rated film and that is what started it all, IMO. Then one by one the females in that family became a plastic model of Kim, IMO. Superficial, greedy, and totally uncaring as to who they brought down while pursuing fame and fortune. I just do not see the attraction to them myself.

How ironic that Khloe became the medical decision maker when both she and Lamar had signed divorce papers. I made it a point to watch certain parts of the show where the Kardashians were all so down on Lamar and trashing him. In fact, I think Khloe was stringing him along for the sake of ratings. The legal system is all screwed up when someone has signed divorce papers (I know not finalized) and can make life or death decisions for someone and not his own blood relatives!

I hope Lamar does well and goes on to get free of his drug addiction. I hope he sues the pants off of that brothel owner and the hookers who blabbed as well. I hope he leaves the Kardashians alone and becomes a champion against drug abuse. I hope he came so close to death that he gets back to being with his children and the people who dearly loved him before he got involved in drugs and the Kardashians. Those are my hopes for Lamar Odom!

We all have our differing opinions and this is mine! We also do not know the real facts due to all of the skewed and contradictory media reports. And none of us can know definitively whether Khloe truly loves Lamar Odom or not! That is something only she knows and we can think whatever we like! Now I am done!

MOO

Doctors are telling Lamar's friends and family rehabilitation will take many months, and they believe an undetermined amount of damage to his body will be permanent. Lamar will have physical, speech, and other therapists working with him for the foreseeable future.

As for Khloe, she has vowed to stay with him through the entire ordeal ... and that includes all therapy.

: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/19/lamar-odom-khloe-kardashian-survive-rehab/#ixzz3p0v1UXlr

Doctors are telling Lamar's friends and family rehabilitation will take many months, and they believe an undetermined amount of damage to his body will be permanent. Lamar will have physical, speech, and other therapists working with him for the foreseeable future.

As for Khloe, she has vowed to stay with him through the entire ordeal ... and that includes all therapy.

: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/19/lamar-odom-khloe-kardashian-survive-rehab/#ixzz3p0v1UXlr

If one were cynical, one might think it would be good for story lines and ratings for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If one were cynical, one might think it would be good for story lines and ratings for a long time.

Call me a cynic then! It will be milked for all it's worth, IMO.

Please know that I did not start out wanting to dislike the Kardashians so much. It's just the more I saw and watched the more I extremely disliked them. I watched to find out about them and will not watch any more of their superficial nonsense!

MOO

some of the stories out today are saying the same thing. Some news reports hinted that the K's may have even used their iPhones in the hospital for footage and that the children have to stand in line and wait to visit their dad.

_____

ummm, Camera's anyone???

Kris had been scheduled to host a fundraiser Saturday evening for the Los Angeles Police Department. The money raised by the event goes to the families of police officers in their time of need. However, Kris was a no-show. She was boarding a plane (AGAIN, to Vegas, as Odom had emerged from a coma) just as the event was scheduled to begin. In fact, a source says that she did not even let the event organizers know that she was not coming until an hour after the event's red carpet had begun!

"It was just RUDE!" said an insider.

____

The Kardashians' presence in Vegas has been a point of contention between the reality family and Odom's baby mama Liza Morales. "Even as Lamar was unconscious, Khloe's surrogates were feeding stories to the media that she had arranged for Liza and the kids to be flown out from New York City," the source told Radar. "There is a very different version of events according to Liza, and the real truth will come out when the time is right."

http://radaronline.com/photos/lamar...an-rush-back-after-awakes-coma/photo/1214171/

_____

Odom reportedly has a net worth of $30 million and a life insurance policy of $10 million

http://tvnewsroom.org/newslines/ent...kes-on-kardashians-defends-lamar-odom-166480/

Although this site says he has a net worth of $100 millIon: http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...rlfriend-nba-star-s-ex-liza-morales-ready.htm

Thanks y'all for letting me have an emotional moment. Please don't take me wrong. I am so happy Lamar is improving. Yes he will have problems due to his organs but I'm happy he is able to live. Just makes me sad..

But I too hope he uses this as his wake up call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katerz, I'm so sorry about your mom. I've been dealing with alcoholics all my life. I lost my oldest brother at the age of 54. They wouldn't even consider him for surgery, because he had destroyed his veins. I was going to give him half of my liver. A year later his son died at 34 due to the same thing. He also had destroyed his veins. I'm not sure Lamar would EVER be a candidate for surgery due to this VERY reason. Maybe a nurse can chime in and explain it better. A big cyber hug is coming your way.

"OT/ My condolences on the loss of your mom. It must be a crushing blow when none of the risk factors apply and it happens anyway. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to reconcile it in your heart of hearts. But I do know life doesn't seem fair at times."

Very true, my Mom died at 66 and she took really good care of herself. That's not quite a full life by today's standards but better than dying even younger. Still doesn't seem fair. But I don't wish ill on anyone, I hope everyone no matter where they are starting from can do better than they are.

I don't want to be a doubting Thomas but i just have to wonder how Lamar was in a coma with failing organs and suffering strokes and then all of a sudden is sitting in a chair, texting and talking? What a miraculous recovery. I am thrilled if it's true.

Dennis Hof told the New York Post a man entered Odom’s room at the Love Ranch and jacked his personal items. Another man who claimed to be Odom’s bodyguard later came and told Hof he had no clue who the first person was.

http://www.thewrap.com/lamar-odoms-belongings-stolen-while-unconscious-at-bunny-ranch/

First man came just hours after Odom discovered unconscious and claimed to be Odom's manager. The police had already been to the scene and had not found any drugs.

http://pagesix.com/2015/10/19/shady...l-suite/?_ga=1.69016081.1034736455.1431091235

Didn't someone post that she has a new boyfriend, another basketball player, what happens to him? Another storyline?

Didn't someone post that she has a new boyfriend, another basketball player, what happens to him? Another storyline?

According to a source:

"James has told Khloe not to worry about him at all through this whole Lamar ordeal and she can take as much time as she needs to be with Lamar," the source said. "James is focused on his upcoming season and current pre-season and doesn't want to be in the way, but will be there for Khloe when she needs him. He sees the bigger picture and is very understanding."

Harden encouraged his girlfriend to be there for Odom and his family during these tragic moments. "He's never heard Khloe sound so scared and nervous in his life after talking to her about this situation. She has been down right frantic. James knows exactly what Lamar means to her and supports her being at his bedside," the source added.

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/8...tionship-houston-rockets-star-offers-full.htm

Katerz, I'm so sorry about your mom. I've been dealing with alcoholics all my life. I lost my oldest brother at the age of 54. They wouldn't even consider him for surgery, because he had destroyed his veins. I was going to give him half of my liver. A year later his son died at 34 due to the same thing. He also had destroyed his veins. I'm not sure Lamar would EVER be a candidate for surgery due to this VERY reason. Maybe a nurse can chime in and explain it better. A big cyber hug is coming your way.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother and son!!! Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamar is "making fast progress" and can move his arms and legs, but he is not able to stand up, even with assistance. A CT scan came back clean, but there may be some cognitive issues ahead. Though Lamar is still on dialysis due to kidney failure, he is showing signs of improvement. He passed a swallowing test, a promising sign of neurological function, and has communicated using hand signals. Additionally, he is no longer wearing an oxygen mask and is "doing great with his breathing."

A team of doctors—including a neurologist, cardiologist, primary care doctor and critical care physician—are working to help Lamar through the recovery process.

Khloé Kardashian, who has remained publicly silent since rushing to Lamar's bedside Tuesday, was spotted in Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center in Las Vegas wearing black loungewear with her hair in a messy top knot. She is still sleeping in Lamar's room and never leaves his side. "She goes everywhere with him. If Lamar leaves the room for testing, she follows."

http://www.eonline.com/news/707797/...rehab-inside-the-former-nba-player-s-recovery

I'm sorry but Khloe is there because she cares.
There is no other reason for her to drop her entire life to be there.

If she was doing it for publicity she'd be posting.
If she was doing it just to look good she'd be sleeping in a hotel.

Only love causes you to "sleep" in someone's hospital room for days. :twocents:

I'm no Kardashian fan but I think Khloe is sincere.
I certainly doubt Kim would sleep in Kanye's hospital room. :twocents:

Not a medical peep, but Jahi was obese and in poor health. Lamar was, and probably still is, a world class athlete and even with the drugs is probably in better physical condition than 99% of the population. That's what allowed him to not only survive but recover in such a dramatic fashion.

From personal experience with a dear friend of mine who developed lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life) - she fought it and was told once she got to 7 years she had beat the cancer. On the 7th year the doctors visit revealed that she had developed brain cancer. :( Her life ended within a year. the doctors told us that if she had not been in such good shape she would not have suffered so long. That the very reason she suffered so long was because she was in excellent health other than the fact of cancer. Lamar being in good physical shape may be similar. IDK . I just wanted to throw that information into the ring so to speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back