Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. If an affair can tie into this at all, it would make any motives for this case really pop out.

Last year I finally admitted I couldn't tame my yard, so I hired a landscaper. Although we have had a good working relationship and he's quite approachable, I can't imagine just walking up one day and saying, "I'd like azaleas here and rhododendrons there and oh by the way, how much extra would you charge to kill my husband?"

How do we know he didnt go to the police when Kyron first went missing?

So K goes missing June 4th, landscaper comes forward just after June 4th and LE informs KH only last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

So LE doesn't feel it necessary to let him know as soon as they were made aware!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't think landscaper came forward until now.

Just MOO

Sorry but she could quite simply have told Desiree who would have been more than willing to take him I am sure.

For the record I dont think J is anything to do with the reason why she supposedly has done this.

JMO

Desiree did not have any legal basis to be "taking" him, and from what we have seen of the controlling behavior of KH, and what we know about situations where a child is being victimized.....the person "in charge" does not let things like that happen against their will.

jmoo

Last year I finally admitted I couldn't tame my yard, so I hired a landscaper. Although we have had a good working relationship and he's quite approachable, I can't imagine just walking up one day and saying, "I'd like azaleas here and rhododendrons there and oh by the way, how much extra would you charge to kill my husband?"

Haha yep, I agree. We have a landscaper, and he's a great guy and very easy to talk to but something as serious as that would NEVER have even been brought up (well, that, and I would never, ever, ever want my husband dead).

In my opinion, I firmly believe Terri knew this landscaper on a more personable level. I think she had to have, in order to have approached him with such a topic.

Well, let's see. First of all, I imagine this man is not the "landscaper". I imagine he is a lover and his presence at the house was explained that way - Terri "hired" him without consulting Kaine. I don't think he was mowing just the lawn, if you get my drift. You don't approach your landscaper to do murder for hire - you approach your lover. That also explains why this "landscaper" did not report her to the police.

My guess is that Kyron knew something he was not supposed to know about this "landscaper" and that is why he had to go. The question now is, Did the landscaper help Terri do away with Kyron?

MOO and all that.

And from the looks of the lawn, he was busy elsewhere.

Man, this woman has been busy! Can you say "PREMEDITATED?" The landscaper caper was nearly 2 months ago, so she has been planning. Kyron has been gone a month. One does just not randomly walk up to a yard hand, and ask if he'd like to earn a little extra money and off my husband . . . .planning . Could she be unstable and vindictive enough to kill a child? Or merely cause people hurt and terror with a child missing?

I hate to say it, but the calculating nature of all of this does not spell mental incapacity, but evil and cunning

I couldn't have said it better :woohoo:

So K goes missing June 4th, landscaper comes forward just after June 4th and LE informs KH only last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

So LE doesn't feel it necessary to let him know as soon as they were made aware!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't landscaper came forward until now.

Just MOO

I don't think he came forward at all. I think LE somehow figured it out and went to him.

Are we allowed to say holy $%!t ?!?!?!?

I can't think of anything thing to do/say that doesn't involve multiple cuss words and lots of :banghead::banghead:

Mods, may we respectfully request a one time only special occasion thread for all the excited utterances today as we all wake up and see this article?

:) :angel: :)

After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

Haha. This just gets better and better. So, she hires the landscaper, doesn't tell her husband (um, yeah, that's odd..) and then offers to pay him to kill her husband?

Priceless. She's a piece of work.

Holy marzipan!

Who thinks: "I have someone I need to off... How about the yard guy?"

She must not have known too many seedy people if this was the best option she could think of. I simply cannot imagine how you would start this conversation. "How's the soil looking today? Great! Um, btw, would you kill my husband for me for $*advertiser censored*?"

Wow.

Yeah, I agree. But I suppose it doesn't hurt anything for LE to try to corroborate the guy's story.

Could have been a three-way phone conversation or landscaper passing the phone off to LE posing as someone else instead of in-person. But sure sounds like no matter what the set-up, they were trying to get her to say something incriminating.

Dumb as she'd have to be, crazier things have have happened.

If her reason for wanting the husband killed was to get him away from Kyron - well, then there's no longer a reason to kill him.

Wasn't there a 64 year old SO in Portland that cut off his ankle monitor and skipped? Wonder if he could have had Kyron or been given Kyron by someone?

Does anyone remember who this guy was?

TIA

If this guy hasn't come up in any threads, maybe you should start one if he seems interesting to look at.

The brother was charged back in 2008. He just went to prison for awhile, so I can't see Kyron needing protection from him. He's in jail.

He did not go to prison until AFTER Kyron disappeared, and there was no sentence set at the time Kyron left. He was also only sent away for 180 days, IIRC. Anyway, the brother was not the person I was considering as the possible abuser of Kyron.

jmo

I firmly believe that LE had this guy take a LDT before they would even think of doing a recorded call with he and Terry.

What if this guy did not go to LE, but LE retrieved his cell or landline number from Terri's cell phone records? We do not know that this guy just came to LE a week ago or LE went to him for some reason.

WHY on earth would this guy wait to go to LE? Man! I just do not know anymore.

MOO

BBM. The landscaper did not go to LE apparently. According to the article, LE tracked him down.

"After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

And from the looks of the lawn, he was busy elsewhere.

Hmmm.

Remember the WW article where the reporter goes directly up to the house and talks to Terri?

Remember how many of us were confused about why he focused on an un-mowed patch of grass?

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...man-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

When I visited on the afternoon of June 23...

That left us with small talk. I complimented her on the family’s hilly one-acre yard, asking whether the family might be planning to make a large unmowed patch at the center into a garden. She said no, and commented on the difficulties of keeping up the property.

I'll be damned. He knew.

Wow. The yard guy?

This is so weirdly NOT unheard of. There have been quite a few cases where someone approached a painter, yard guy, handyman, or similar worker and asked if either they could do, or knew someone they could contact to do a murder for hire (of husband, wife, son-in-law).

I am always totally shocked by that, because (1) the person asking for the service is some otherwise seemingly normal person, (2) why would someone assume that these people would be or know murderers, and (3) why would they assume they could trust them not to reveal their intentions.

In fact, many of the cases I have heard of, the person who was approached immediately went to cops, and that's how the person was caught (through a recorded set-up). It only makes me wonder how often this happens and no one does tell, or they really do commit the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills